Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE (/Thread-BUNGLE-4-BURROW-COMPLETE)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - Catmandude123 - 12-23-2019

(12-23-2019, 03:19 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: No need.

Good businesses run the way they do because they always have a replacement lined up for departing personnel.  They don't let the good employee leave without having someone ready and willing to take their place.  If the person that is the next man up isn't cutting it, you don't release other people while you still look for a replacement for the departed person.

When Whitworth left, we tried to replace him with OG or Fisher...  one would take over for Whit and the other would take over for Smith.  Not a bad plan, except those 2 flamed out and busted on us, it happens.  So while looking for better OT players, we let Zeitler go, then we let Bodine go.  So before we fixed the OTs spots, we now have a hole at OG and OC.

Same thing with the WRs.  We had Sanu and Jones... we let both go at the same time.  We didn't replace them and Ross and Boyd haven't done what those to did.  Boyd yes, Ross no. 

So now we have holes at OT (possibly both), both OG spots, we need another WR even if we keep Green and if we don't then we definitely need a WR.  We are replacing our QB with someone that in only 1 season, produced at a high level on an already decent LSU team.  While having a lot of holes to fix and hoping that 3rd, 4th and 5th rounders will be good enough to fix them.

We might get lucky and hit on every draft pick, but odds are we won't.

So, no, I am not from the future.  I just know how poorly this organization is ran and don't see Burrow succeeding here.
So , knowing what you supposedly know, why are you a fan of such a discombobulated franchise? Daltons money(17 mil), Green's money (18mil ) and Glenn's money (9 mil) is 44 million to spend on FAs. So Burrow will have help besides the draft. If the FO doesn't spend the money then the fans should walk away. Or I guess they could come back and gripe like you. 

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - fredtoast - 12-23-2019

(12-23-2019, 06:39 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Please enlighten me on the last great QB who went 2-16 in 18 starts after their first 5 years. 

Brett Favre had a 4-14 stretch in '05-'06 with a passer rating of 70.8.  Then went 13-3 in '07 (95.7 rating) and 12-4 in '09 (107.2 rating).

Ken Anderson also had a 4-14 stretch from '77-'79 with a passer rating of only 60.2.  Then in '81-'82 he only lost 6 regular season games, led the league in passer rating both seasons, and won an MVP award.

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - OswaldsLegacy - 12-23-2019

(12-23-2019, 07:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s one of the funniest members on this board.

You? You just seem like a jaded Andy Dalton super-fan who’s here to antagonize anyone you consider a “hater.”

Sure... tell me more about how great Mixon is.... can't wait to hear your in depth analysis.  Tell me more Colin Cowherd... I mean Greg Rosenthaul... I mean Dave Dameshek.

(12-23-2019, 07:33 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: So , knowing what you supposedly know, why are you a fan of such a discombobulated franchise? Daltons money(17 mil), Green's money (18mil ) and Glenn's money (9 mil) is 44 million to spend on FAs. So Burrow will have help besides the draft. If the FO doesn't spend the money then the fans should walk away. Or I guess they could come back and gripe like you. 

I am also a secret Patriots fan.... don't tell my wife though, she is a Dolphins fan and hates the Patriots.

I like to see a well run Franchise, but I am a Cincy boy and want my team to be ran well.  I know it won't happen, but still will call out the team for making boneheaded decisions.

So you not only want to go into next year with a question mark at QB and OT and OG and MLB and OLB, but also at WR?

Poor Joe will not know what hit him....

I don't normally wish this... I hope Joe tells the Bengals NOT to draft him and refuse to play if they do.  I think it is normally a cowardly approach and why I don't respect Marshall Faulk, however I do see it as being the only option for some players to escape a bad situation.

(12-23-2019, 07:25 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Palmer bailed on us plain and simple.

Benching Dalton happened AFTER we were eliminated from playoff contention. He had every right, as a first year coach to see what he had in Finley. Not too mention, Dalton was frazzled and flustered and that whole thing needed an intervention for Daltons sake as much as everyone elses. Once you are eliminated from playoff contention, is basically means as a team you didnt achieve the goal you set out for and its completely out of reach now. Hence the season was already a failure. Benching Dalton did nothing to futher damage an already failed season. Its clear that ZT isnt interested in building around a 30 year old QB. From a winning, investment and business standpoint, its a good thing he thinks that way.

Then they should have benched him sooner.... or at least be in communication with him.  Dalton's reaction is not of someone who was kept in the loop, but was surprised at the decision.

It isn't so much as to benching him, but the way they went about it.

You really think our philosophy is a winning standpoint?  Really?

No it is not.  You don't waste good.  Dalton has shown to be good.  ZT is taking the coward approach to the failure of this season by claiming that Dalton is not "his guy" and that is why we failed. 

I get it though.  However since he has laid out his cards, it is up to us to hold him to task.  He takes Burrow and he better produce with him.  Not in a "few" years.... NEXT year.  2020 it is postseason or bust for him.  At least it is in my eyes, should be in yours as well.

(12-23-2019, 03:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Burrow is a product of the coaching and talent around him.  If his greatness was based on skill we would have seen it last year when he threw for 2800 yards, 19 tds, and lost 3 games in his FIFTH college season.

Guys don't just suddenly go from "good" to "greatest" at age 24.  If his greatness was based on his skills then we would have seen mor eof it before this year.

You mean like Mahomes did?

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - fortyyearfan - 12-23-2019

(12-23-2019, 07:40 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: I am also a secret Patriots fan.... don't tell my wife though, she is a Dolphins fan and hates the Patriots.

I like to see a well run Franchise, but I am a Cincy boy and want my team to be ran well.  I know it won't happen, but still will call out the team for making boneheaded decisions.

So you not only want to go into next year with a question mark at QB and OT and OG and MLB and OLB, but also at WR?

Poor Joe will not know what hit him....

I don't normally wish this... I hope Joe tells the Bengals NOT to draft him and refuse to play if they do.  I think it is normally a cowardly approach and why I don't respect Marshall Faulk, however I do see it as being the only option for some players to escape a bad situation.

Here is what I am thinking and this could really happen,Joe B. does not want to come here,He loves the Pats and I am thinking since BB is very good friends with Mike Brown,he is going to offer a first and second round in this upcoming draft and a 4 round pick in 2021s draft to move up and take Joe B. to replace Tom Brady and this will happen if he likes everything about the guy after they go their homework on him and believe me if he passes the BB interview and his pro-day,he will be a Patroit.And we will have a ton of options and that qb I mentioned in my last post could very easily be ours and to me he is going to be a better option for us and we get more draft picks as now we can build our lines,Just saying folks. Do not take aQB with our first pick.It will be a bad decision. :andy:

(12-23-2019, 04:37 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: Hey someone pointed out that Mixon is a Pro Bowl alternate RB.  So all is fair right.

Though to answer your question.  Yes.  Dalton is a Pro Bowl QB.  He has been selected 3 times in his career.

Mixon has done it with the same o-line that  Dalton has stb with.

(12-23-2019, 07:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: My very first thread here was a PRO ANDY DALTON thread. I was arguing with someone (not on this board) about how I wouldn’t trade Dalton for Luck at the time, because Dalton was so durable, and pretty underrated at the time.

But guess what? Things change. Opinions change. Dalton got plenty of time here, and I’ve been ready to move on for the past couple years.

If you view me as “hater” or that I’m excessively unfair towards Dalton that’s just because the two camps are so divided. This board is actually VERY pro Dalton believe it or not. All of the mods, and most “popular” posters are huge Dalton fans (hence your rep). Some of us who’ve been frustrated with Dalton just get a little tired of nothing ever being his fault. Is what it is at this point.

As far as your weird hatred for Mixon (which feels personal not about his play), did you happen to see Bill Belichick’s comment about Mixon being one of the best RB’s in the league? I’m sure you’ll just hand wave it away and say he was just being “nice” or something (Belichick? Lol), but it’s just something to consider. Remember, opinions CAN change... Wink

My hatred for Mixon is due to him being way over hyped and him not producing the way it was promised he would.  Sure the video is terrible.  So is the circumstances surrounding it, but Mixon has been a let down, more so than Dalton. 

Opinions can change.  I didn't want Dalton when we drafted him.  However after watching what he did in Tennessee his rookie year and even in Baltimore, though it was a loss, was still pretty good.  How does he follow up that campaign?  Repeating it.  Then he did it again.  Of course there are excuses to his lack of post season success, but his lack of winning is in the postseason is not all on him.  I see Green disappearing in the postseason as well, I saw Greshem drop 2 easy passes in a row.

I have seen our defense fail to show up. 

The only time I really seen him "fail" in the postseason is year 3 against SD.  However, we moved away from the run game the moment Bernard fumbled before half time.  I saw Green drop a perfectly thrown pass that hit him right in the hands.  Years 1 and 2 were chalked up to youth... year 4 his top WR going into the game was Burkhead... he didn't play the best year he had here of '15.  So yeah, out of 4 years, one bad performance by the whole team, but Dalton didn't play well either.

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - fredtoast - 12-23-2019

(12-23-2019, 05:36 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Joe Burrow threw for 2894 yards, with 16TDs and 5 Ints and had a 133 QB rating his junior year on a run heavy team and was his first year as a starter.

How in the living heck is that bad lol? 

In 2018 Burrow was a below average QB in the SEC (14 teams)

7th in passing yards
10th in tds
12th in passer rating

He only had 5 games with more than 200 passing yards and he had some very poor games against Miami (11-24, 140 yds, 0 tds) Florida (19-34, 192 yds, 0 td, 2 int), Miss St (16-28, 129 yds, 0 td, 1 int), Bam (18-35, 184 yds, 0 td, 1 int) 

And that was in his FIFTH season as a college QB.

(12-23-2019, 07:56 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Mixon has done it with the same o-line that  Dalton has stb with.

He is an alternate.... you must have missed the sarcasm.... 

Mixon is not a good RB.

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - Synric - 12-23-2019

(12-23-2019, 07:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote:  In 2018 Burrow was a below average QB in the SEC (14 teams)

7th in passing yards
10th in tds
12th in passer rating

He only had 5 games with more than 200 passing yards and he had some very poor games against Miami (11-24, 140 yds, 0 tds) Florida (19-34, 192 yds, 0 td, 2 int), Miss St (16-28, 129 yds, 0 td, 1 int), Bam (18-35, 184 yds, 0 td, 1 int) 

And that was in his FIFTH season as a college QB.

Hi what about the play of Joe Burrow has you doubting him? 

You are naming excuses and not looking at the player. What about him on the field has you saying no?

(12-23-2019, 08:00 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: He is an alternate.... you must have missed the sarcasm.... 

Mixon is not a good RB.

Woah now...You're really killing your credibility with statements that crazy.

(12-23-2019, 08:00 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: He is an alternate.... you must have missed the sarcasm.... 

Mixon is not a good RB.

Mixon led the Afc in rushing last year .Bill Belichick disagrees with you on Mixon's talent but I know you are smarter than him too.

(12-23-2019, 08:03 PM)Synric Wrote: Woah now...You're really killing your credibility with statements that crazy.

Please tell me what he has accomplished?

1168 on 237 carries last year, when the next AFC runner in Henry got 22 carries less for 1059 yards.  So it took him 22 more carries to get 109 yards more?  That isn't really that impressive to me.  If he was so good those extra 22 carries should have had him easily breaking 1200 yards (which is used to be the starting point for good RBs).

I have never seen him produce the way he should as a "first round pick if NOT for the video".

(12-23-2019, 08:07 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Mixon led the Afc in rushing last year .Bill Belichick disagrees with you on Mixon's talent but I know you are smarter than him too.

So easy to impress aren't you....

shiny new QB.... A lackluster RB that Mayock said would have been a 1st rounder if not for the video.

I was promised AP with Mixon... instead I got Jeremy Hill 2.0.

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - Nicomo Cosca - 12-23-2019

Mixon is not a good RB.

The greatest coach of all time disagrees.

(12-23-2019, 08:12 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: Please tell me what he has accomplished?

1168 on 237 carries last year, when the next AFC runner in Henry got 22 carries less for 1059 yards.  So it took him 22 more carries to get 109 yards more?  That isn't really that impressive to me.  If he was so good those extra 22 carries should have had him easily breaking 1200 yards (which is used to be the starting point for good RBs).

I have never seen him produce the way he should as a "first round pick if NOT for the video".

Todd Gurley only has 789 yards on 203 Carries this year 3.9 YPC.

Joe Mixon is not on Gurley's level but he is a good running back. He has excellent burst through holes and around the edge, hes shifty in open space with good hands as a pass catcher. He struggles with vision we seen this early his season when running thr outside zone but when they limited his options in a inside zone/pin and pull outside he really exploded. I wish he would be a little bit more physical because of his size but all in all Mixon is a good running back.

(12-23-2019, 08:19 PM)Synric Wrote: Todd Gurley only has 789 yards on 203 Carrie's this year 3.9 YPC.

Joe Mixon is not on Gurley's level but he is a good running back. He has excellent burst through holes and around the edge shifty in open space with good hands. He struggles  with vision we seen this early his season when running thr outside zone but when they limited his options in a inside zone/pin and pull outside he really exploded. I wish he would be a little bit more physical because of his size but all in all Mixon is a good running back.

What is Gurley's deal?

I mean is he hurt?  Is he not.... if he isn't then why didn't he play more in the SB?

So Gurley isn't your best option to choose from.  No doubt when healthy and playing Gurley is great... however he has disappeared toward the end of last season for some reason or another.

(12-23-2019, 08:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The greatest coach of all time disagrees.

I remember the Greatest coach of all time taking Chad Ochocinco... he also took AB and tried Josh Gordon...

This coach also has Rex Burkhead... you know a guy that us Bengals fans don't think is any good.

Next...