Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Legal tampering period - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Legal tampering period (/Thread-Legal-tampering-period)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Legal tampering period - Au165 - 03-14-2023

(03-14-2023, 01:34 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He is stated to want to play somewhere warm and with low taxes. Florida teams, Texas teams, Nevada. Tennessee if they weren't seemingly tanking.

I had heard that. Florida teams are out, TEN is definetly tanking, LV and Texans could be in play but Texans signed Ward. Maybe LV and Dallas? 

I think for the right price to offset taxes may make sense.

RE: Legal tampering period - Synric - 03-14-2023

Texans trading for Shaq Mason... Thats going to be one hell of an offensive line if Tunsil isn't traded...

Laremy Tunsil - Kenyon Green - Scott Quessenberry - Shaq Mason - Tytus Howard

Legal tampering period - BenZoo2 - 03-14-2023

(03-14-2023, 10:56 AM)Synric Wrote: Texans trading for Shaq Mason... Thats going to be one hell of an offensive line if Tunsil isn't traded...

I’ll be curious to see what they gave up to get him. I was hoping we’d get him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Legal tampering period - TecmoBengals - 03-14-2023

(03-14-2023, 09:29 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Von Bell is 28 years old and signed for a little over 7 million per year.  How much younger and cheaper can we get for a good safety?

I think the idea is that he'll be over 30 when the deal ends. The Bengals didn't want to invest in an aging player/defender.

RE: Legal tampering period - phil413 - 03-14-2023

(03-14-2023, 10:56 AM)Synric Wrote: Texans trading for Shaq Mason... Thats going to be one hell of an offensive line if Tunsil isn't traded...

That rookie is going to have time back there.

Jakobi Meyers is signing with the Raiders (3 years, $33M, $21M guaranteed). I guess McDaniels is gathering his guys together.

RE: Legal tampering period - Nepa - 03-14-2023

(03-14-2023, 11:05 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I think the idea is that he'll be over 30 when the deal ends. The Bengals didn't want to invest in an aging player/defender.

Darn if that concern about Bell's age doesn't bring back memories of the Reds trading Frank Robinson for Milt Pappas because Robinson was "an old 30." 

(03-14-2023, 11:56 AM)Nepa Wrote: Darn if that concern about Bell's age doesn't bring back memories of the Reds trading Frank Robinson for Milt Pappas because Robinson was "an old 30." 

I loved Bell and will miss him but let's not put him in HoF territory.  Wink

It's a bummer he couldn't remain with the Bengals, that's for sure.

RE: Legal tampering period - 007BengalsFan - 03-14-2023

(03-14-2023, 11:05 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I think the idea is that he'll be over 30 when the deal ends. The Bengals didn't want to invest in an aging player/defender.

30 isnt old, even for football.  This reminds me alot of the Andrew Whitworth stuff that happened.  "He is too old" we dont want to sign him to a multiyear contract lets just keep signing him to 1 year contracts.  When that happens eventually someone else is going to come in and take your players away from you.   The idea that we need a bunch of 25-28 year old players to win the Super Bowl is absolutely ridiculous.   There is no reason Bell shouldnt have been signed to that contract.

(03-14-2023, 12:56 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: 30 isnt old, even for football.  This reminds me alot of the Andrew Whitworth stuff that happened.  "He is too old" we dont want to sign him to a multiyear contract lets just keep signing him to 1 year contracts.  When that happens eventually someone else is going to come in and take your players away from you.   The idea that we need a bunch of 25-28 year old players to win the Super Bowl is absolutely ridiculous.   There is no reason Bell shouldnt have been signed to that contract.

The age comment isn't my take on the situtation... I thought I read somewhere Zac likes to keep the talent young at certain positions? It's possible I'm only repeating what someone else posted on the forum and it's not accurate information.

RE: Legal tampering period - SunsetBengal - 03-14-2023

(03-14-2023, 12:56 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: 30 isnt old, even for football.  This reminds me alot of the Andrew Whitworth stuff that happened.  "He is too old" we dont want to sign him to a multiyear contract lets just keep signing him to 1 year contracts.  When that happens eventually someone else is going to come in and take your players away from you.   The idea that we need a bunch of 25-28 year old players to win the Super Bowl is absolutely ridiculous.   There is no reason Bell shouldnt have been signed to that contract.

I don't see how age could have been much of a factor, the guy is tough as nails, rarely gets dinged up.  It couldn't have been about the money, as he is very affordable for a player with his resume and experience.

I'm just thinking that the front office has a very specific plan that they are following.  It would just be nice if they would share some details of this plan with the rest of us.

RE: Legal tampering period - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-14-2023

(03-14-2023, 01:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't see how age could have been much of a factor, the guy is tough as nails, rarely gets dinged up.  It couldn't have been about the money, as he is very affordable for a player with his resume and experience.

I'm just thinking that the front office has a very specific plan that they are following.  It would just be nice if they would share some details of this plan with the rest of us.

Yeah, so far I understand the knee jerk reactions and THAT is what scares me LMAO!!! Hilarious

RE: Legal tampering period - 007BengalsFan - 03-14-2023

(03-14-2023, 01:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't see how age could have been much of a factor, the guy is tough as nails, rarely gets dinged up.  It couldn't have been about the money, as he is very affordable for a player with his resume and experience.

I dont understand it either.  They talked about keeping our own players that have gotten us to the Super Bowl that make this team good and then they let Bell walk at 7.5 million per year?  Now they will need to go out and sign someone that has no experience playing in Lou's system and hope he can adapt.  Can they get a safety better than Bell?  Yes, but at what cost when we have other needs that also need addressed.  Can we get someone cheaper?  Yes, maybe a couple million a year less but how good are they going to be and how will they fit in a new system vs someone we know, knows the system?  I will wait and hope the team knows what they are doing but right now Im a bit disappointed they let Bell walk at 7.5 million a year.

RE: Legal tampering period - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-14-2023

Pretty slow day after the frenzy of Day 1.

Still, of the top 101 in NFL.com, 68 are unsigned. 33 inked.

(03-14-2023, 02:20 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Pretty slow day after the frenzy of Day 1.

Still, of the top 101 in NFL.com, 68 are unsigned. 33 inked.

And still just heard Eluemunor the RT I wanted in FA is still available, he just went on his honeymoon.

Not panicking here. Mellow

RE: Legal tampering period - WVUHomer - 03-14-2023

(03-14-2023, 02:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: And still just heard Eluemunor the RT I wanted in FA is still available, he just went on his honeymoon.

Not panicking here. Mellow

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, his agent is Mugeta (however you spell it, Bates agent)

RE: Legal tampering period - Ravage - 03-14-2023

When you have a plan and are competing against 31 other teams, you don't publicly reveal your plan if you have any interest at seeing said plans come to fruition.

(03-14-2023, 02:37 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, his agent is Mugeta (however you spell it, Bates agent)

Damn, do we ever get a deal done with any of that guy's players?

(03-14-2023, 02:38 PM)Ravage Wrote: When you have a plan and are competing against 31 other teams, you don't publicly reveal your plan if you have any interest at seeing said plans come to fruition.

Very true. We will see for ourselves here in about a week what the plan was somewhat.

Won't really know where this team stands roster wise for a while, after the draft, after cuts etc.

Have to be patient and trust the process.

RE: Legal tampering period - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-14-2023

I have zero idea about how many guys are signed when, but I'd imagine some hang iut there until after the draft. Post draft there is probably another wave of activity. Then some pre-June 1 releases. And then some pist June 1 releases. Then you have camp cuts.

RE: Legal tampering period - KillerGoose - 03-14-2023

(03-14-2023, 02:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Damn, do we ever get a deal done with any of that guy's players?

We have never really dealt with him aside from Bates. Ossai and Higgins are also under him, but not really negotiating yet.