Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Joe Burrow injury updates - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Joe Burrow injury updates (/Thread-Joe-Burrow-injury-updates)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - LSUfaninTN - 07-28-2023

(07-28-2023, 02:17 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: When was this?

ARGHHHH sorry, I meant his ACL injury. Lol. Sorry about that! Hope I didn’t jinx him.

And yes, to another poster who mentioned, @jocktodoc on Twitter is the quickest and most reliable injury guy I’ve found. Harvard surgeon who played OL for the Redskins and the Chiefs (crazy, right?). He’s good at watching the tape and giving his prediction at how serious they are and how long they’ll be out.

Definitely recommend giving him a follow.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - LSUfaninTN - 07-28-2023

(07-28-2023, 02:25 PM)burreauxs Wrote: I understand, but I’m just saying the injury itself will heal within that 4-8 week timeline. Painful symptoms lingering is different than the actual tissue still being damaged, and again there’s a lot the AT staff can do for pain modulation and also any lingering effects of lost motor control or proprioception. I think this is an important differentiation for people worried about the injury itself.

I’m honestly just not too worried about it bothering him after it heals. There’s stuff they can do for that. I’m not just making this up to be hopeful, I’m speaking from experience as a DPT.

I get it, and you’re right, pain is diff from healing. But the pain will be there, however I also agree that I’m not worried about it affecting Joe much either. He’ll play through it no matter how much or how little it’s bugging him.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 07-28-2023

(07-28-2023, 03:51 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Relax little dog. It was my opinion. My source hasn’t heard anything.

Are you sure you can publicly reveal that level of sensitive information to me without compromising you deep fake cover?

Regardless, it’s pretty funny that Mixon’s white knight is questioning Burrow’s integrity.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 07-28-2023

(07-28-2023, 04:01 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: ARGHHHH sorry, I meant his ACL injury. Lol. Sorry about that! Hope I didn’t jinx him.

And yes, to another poster who mentioned, @jocktodoc on Twitter is the quickest and most reliable injury guy I’ve found. Harvard surgeon who played OL for the Redskins and the Chiefs (crazy, right?). He’s good at watching the tape and giving his prediction at how serious they are and how long they’ll be out.

Definitely recommend giving him a follow.

Thanks for the clarification. I was wondering when I missed that.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Whacked - 07-28-2023

(07-28-2023, 10:25 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Every passing down and dropback is going to have me clenching my butt cheeks.

Lol.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Housh - 07-28-2023

The trick is keeping that thing stretched out too so it’s doesn’t get super tight and now it’s week 1 and he’s still having tightness even though he’s healed

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - George Cantstandya - 07-28-2023

(07-28-2023, 10:25 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Every passing down and dropback is going to have me clenching my butt cheeks.

(07-28-2023, 04:40 PM)Whacked Wrote: Lol.

Whacked, you might find that funny but it could be a medical condition or some kind of fetish.  Don't judge them.   Tongue

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Soonerpeace - 07-28-2023

Burrow out several weeks - Tony - 07-28-2023

https://www.facebook.com/100044578682963/posts/pfbid0DFViYjA5yEAzQX2MQ5ug119L4apDTvakt1B3EpNrsUpkffPpL5eD5kp9iyomRwYhl/?mibextid=Nif5oz

According to shefter. Zac - Burrow will be out several weeks.......

RE: Burrow out several weeks - Soonerpeace - 07-28-2023

RE: Burrow out several weeks - BengalBob - 07-28-2023

Several: some; an amount that is not exact but is fewer than many

RE: Burrow out several weeks - Soonerpeace - 07-28-2023

RE: Burrow out several weeks - Tony - 07-28-2023

This team is never straight forward with injuries. They know what will happen to ticket sales with 1 like this..

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-28-2023

(07-28-2023, 03:03 PM)TheFan Wrote: It could also be that they/he didn't think it was anything significant. Lots of players talked about how they were sore after day 1 so it was probably assumed to just be the normal soreness everyone gets after day 1 of doing workouts/training more than you're used to. 

Anyone who's done sports knows you're going to feel sore after the first few days even if you're in good shape. 

I would bet if anyone is to blame on this it is Joe Burrow who is sometimes a little too competitive and he wanted to play no matter what.

If there was any of the medical staff or coaches questioning the calf before hand they probably recommended he sit and heal and he said nah.

All speculation, just the way Joe seems to be. He always wants to play ball.

(07-28-2023, 03:14 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I definitely remember the ACL. Did not recall an Achilles injury. Keep in mind, people are suggesting the injury prone label, recalling injuries at OSU, and suggesting he shouldn’t have practiced because of soreness. Wish I thought of that in the Army, “Sergeant, I don’t think I can ruck 12 miles today in this Georgia heat and humidity. I got a little calf soreness.”

He isn't injury prone lol

Dude has taken more hard hits than any QB I can remember in a long time, if ever entering the NFL in his first 3 years.

Amazing he hasn't been injured more often. 

Made me lol on the last part there Oncemore, yeah, not gonna happen. Hilarious

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Destro - 07-28-2023

Tore ligaments in his knee, healed and went to a Super Bowl. Now it is a calf sprain. I am not about to doubt the ability of Joe Burrow to handle and recover from injuries, at this point, I would not question.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Tony - 07-28-2023

(07-27-2023, 10:45 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: None of these injuries have anything to do with depleted OLs and consistent pressure.

I never said they didn't...

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-28-2023

(07-28-2023, 04:07 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: I get it, and you’re right, pain is diff from healing. But the pain will be there, however I also agree that I’m not worried about it affecting Joe much either. He’ll play through it no matter how much or how little it’s bugging him.

Shouldn't bother him near as much as the appendectomy anyways. Just sucks we can never have the guy 100% entering a season yet.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - George Cantstandya - 07-28-2023

IMO probably the worst part is the first two games of the season. They face the Browns on the road and the Ravens at home. So it is a bummer that two important divisional games might be impacted by this.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Housh - 07-28-2023

(07-28-2023, 05:19 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: IMO probably the worst part is the first two games of the season. They face the Browns on the road and the Ravens at home. So it is a bummer that two important divisional games might be impacted by this.

Wanna take bets on who makes the 1st “if we go 0-2 to start the season are we done” thread?

Promise it won’t be me so no saying it’s gonna be me lol

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - michaelsean - 07-28-2023

Hopefully he gets a couple weeks of practices in. Not sure why the Bengals are looking to add a QB.