Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Bobby Hart Re-Signed - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Bobby Hart Re-Signed (/Thread-Bobby-Hart-Re-Signed)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - THE PISTONS - 03-12-2019

This is troubling and makes me question the coaching staff:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

(03-12-2019, 11:15 AM)Synric Wrote: The contract is 3 years for 16.15 million 5.3 million average. The 2019 cap hit is 5.4 million with the option to cut him in 2020 with no dead cap.

It's worth $21 million with incentives and front loaded.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - Whatever - 03-12-2019

(03-12-2019, 11:11 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, Hart isn't much better than those guys. He's slightly better.

We could have always drafted a Tackle or signed Andre Smith for a year.

Andre can't hold together for a full season anymore, though. 

Again, I'm not saying Hart is good.  This is basically a move to make sure we don't get worse at RT.  Hopefully he improves or someone beats him out in camp.

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - RunKijanaRun - 03-12-2019

(03-12-2019, 11:17 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's worth $21 million with incentives and front loaded.

Anyone who knew anything about Turner knew he was an awful hire. Those who were on the fence with him should now firmly have face-planted on the other side. 

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - I_C_DeadPeople - 03-12-2019

(03-12-2019, 09:10 AM)samhain Wrote: After my mini-psychotic episode that ensued after hearing this yesterday, I calmed down and began to rationalize.  A few things:

1.  There aren't a lot of good tackles in the league right now, so a lot of them are getting overpaid in a big way.

2.  The college game is so pass-oriented now, that there aren't that many ready to come out and be NFL run blockers.  

3.  Bengals.

Honestly the part that scares me the most is the money he's getting and what it means for re-signing Dennard.  No Dennard means that the likelihood of a first round CB goes up significantly.  Screw that garbage.

Also, screw Texas A&M and all of it's fish-eating friends.  Good ol' Jimbo can suck a fart straight out of my ass for pimping this loser to Turner based on how he played for him back in the golden days of Florida State.  "Well ol' Jimbo said he wuz a good player back at Flawda State!"  I hope the Aggies lose every game in embarrassing fashion and then get wrapped up in a really humiliating prostitiution/beastiality scandal that causes them to be given the death penalty.

Here is the problem. The lack of quality OL has been evident for many years now in the NFL and the result is you are forced to overpay for the good ones. We whiffed 100% on Ced and Fisher SO the team should have then stepped up and 'overpaid' for Whit and Zietler. Zeit at $10M is FAR more value than Hart at $7M. This is where this team fails time and time again. So short sighted. They overpay for Hart and the likes of Dre and Rey M and Vinnie Rey but then try and undercut Whit and Zeitler who actually were pro Bowl players. This team has little ability to gauge a players actual market value. 

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - chopperbobby - 03-12-2019

Just remember in Marvin we trust. O forgot can’t use that anymore. Maybe new o line coach will use bulling to get him up to snuff.

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - Synric - 03-12-2019

(03-12-2019, 11:17 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's worth $21 million with incentives and front loaded.

I understand the contract. If he improves and they make the playoffs Hart will get more money nothing wrong with that if he plays the same they have an easy out. 

That contract screams drafting a tackle early.

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - phil413 - 03-12-2019

(03-12-2019, 09:36 AM)ochocincos Wrote: What if...Hart is moved to RG?
I looked back at NFL.com's scouting report of him and they thought he'd be best off if he was moved to OG.
If this is the plan, $5-7 mill ($21 mill is with incentives) for a starting OG isn't bad.
It's also worth pointing out that Hart only has 33.0" arms, which probably contributes to his poor ability to defend the edge.

(03-12-2019, 11:15 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I can live with that, no dead money past this year makes a difference.

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - Socal Bengals fan - 03-12-2019

(03-12-2019, 09:36 AM)ochocincos Wrote: What if...Hart is moved to RG?
I looked back at NFL.com's scouting report of him and they thought he'd be best off if he was moved to OG.
If this is the plan, $5-7 mill ($21 mill is with incentives) for a starting OG isn't bad.
It's also worth pointing out that Hart only has 33.0" arms, which probably contributes to his poor ability to defend the edge.

SO we will move him to guard a position he’s never played before in the pros. And didn’t we just sign Hopkins to a tender to play right guard. This reasoning makes zero sense.

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - Schmitbuck - 03-12-2019

(03-12-2019, 11:10 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So paying $21 million for 3 years for a Tackle who's bad that's never played Guard...being converted to Guard would make you feel good about the signing?

Lets work on reading comprehension and maybe not being so combative. I said it would make me feel "a little better" if the plan was him moving to guard. I'm well aware that he's not a good tackle and hate the signing. Maybe he'd be better at guard. 

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - pally - 03-12-2019

(03-12-2019, 11:16 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This is troubling and makes me question the coaching staff:

Willie Anderson tweeted last night that he believes Hart's issues are fixable.  They damned well better be

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - Socal Bengals fan - 03-12-2019

(03-12-2019, 11:35 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Lets work on reading comprehension and maybe not being so combative. I said it would be make feel "a little better" if the plan was him moving to guard. I'm well aware that he's not a good tackle and hate the signing. Maybe he'd be better at guard. 

How’s does this make any sense. He sucked at tackle so let’s move him to guard where we have no idea how he will perform. And in the meantime let’s pay him 7 million ? Horrible reasoning. We just tendered Hopkins to play right guard.

(03-12-2019, 11:09 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We signed Hart so quickly after negotiations started that I doubt Hart had another offer.

We're both just speculating. But Hart had to have some leverage in order to get a $21M contract. 

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - Okeana - 03-12-2019

5.5 a year is a lot easier to swallow considering the yearly positional salary increase of 10%. This is basically a bottom of the barrel contract number for a starting tackle and high end for a backup. I was super pissed yesterday, but this cools me off some. So far these big free agent signings are getting overpaid by a crazy amount this year.

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - Luvnit2 - 03-12-2019

Just an FYI, James will sign for 51 million over 4 years or almost 13 million a year. He is almost 2 times the cost of Hart. Many (most) think James is not the best RT in the NFL, yet he may be paid like he is because as of now, new highest paid RT in the NFL.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001022102/article/rt-jawuan-james-to-sign-big-51m-deal-with-broncos

(03-12-2019, 11:42 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: How’s does this make any sense.  He sucked at tackle so let’s move him to guard where we have no idea how he will perform.  And in the meantime let’s pay him 7 million ?   Horrible reasoning.  We just tendered Hopkins to play right guard.

You're just trying to find someone to argue with. I'm not justifying the signing. I was responding to ocho posing the question that guard may be Hart's better position based on a scouting report he saw. 

(03-12-2019, 11:35 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Lets work on reading comprehension and maybe not being so combative. I said it would be make feel "a little better" if the plan was him moving to guard. I'm well aware that he's not a good tackle and hate the signing. Maybe he'd be better at guard. 

Paying someone $7 million a year isn't something you do for a project move. It's something you pay to an actual above average Guard.

I get that you're looking for a positive.

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - Wyche'sWarrior - 03-12-2019

(03-11-2019, 04:58 PM)Au165 Wrote: Yea...I got nothing on that one. This place is about to meltdown.

In this particular case, it's warranted.  Andy has got to love this about as much as we do.

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - Wyche'sWarrior - 03-12-2019

(03-11-2019, 05:09 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: No prob with Uzomah signing...I got a real effin problem with this one. This franchise is a joke. Wouldn't give Whitworth money he deserved and then turn around and give Bobby freakin' Hart $7 million/year??????????? And with that, free agency is over for the Bengals.

Yes, I thought the Uzomah signing was a good move.  He has done nothing but improve, and played hurt down the stretch....playing well even though he was injured.  I liked that signing, good enough target, and fine blocker. I was even good with getting Hopkins back as a good utility man.

This one though?  I got nothing.

(03-12-2019, 11:50 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Paying someone $7 million a year isn't something you do for a project move. It's something you pay to an actual above average Guard.

I get that you're looking for a positive.

Yeah, I'm not arguing with you there. I'm happy to see that we wouldn't have any dead cap if we cut him after this year.