Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Joe Burrow injury updates - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Joe Burrow injury updates (/Thread-Joe-Burrow-injury-updates)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 07-28-2023

(07-28-2023, 05:08 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote:

Odd an insider knew about a draft day trade weeks before it never happened, but hasn’t heard anything about the biggest Bengals story of the year with the most interest.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - George Cantstandya - 07-28-2023

(07-28-2023, 05:38 PM)Housh Wrote: Wanna take bets on who makes the 1st “if we go 0-2 to start the season are we done” thread?

Promise it won’t be me so no saying it’s gonna be me lol

I don't feel the Bengals would be done as we have seen over the last two years but it certainly would not help staring 0-2 in a really tough division with 2 of those loses against division opponents.  Since Burrow arrived he has never had a full practice season for many unfortunate reasons. They have only won 1 of their first two games in a season and that was an overtime win against the Vikings in 2021.  But let's not get too far ahead I guess. My fault for going there. Waiting to see what the real report is for Burrow and time line for his return and not what Twitiots and and other social media people have to say.

As for who would start the first "We are done thread" I have an idea but I don't like to pick on that guy anymore for his "game over, season over" shenanigans so I just ignore him.  

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Soonerpeace - 07-28-2023

(07-28-2023, 05:47 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Odd an insider knew about a draft day trade weeks before it never happened, but hasn’t heard anything about the biggest Bengals story of the year with the most interest.

Insider is your term. Never claimed to be. Do I know someone? Yes. And if you follow the Bengals they are ridiculously silent on contracts and injuries. The Jonah Williams info didn’t come from them it came from someone who knows someone there at the Jags. But you’ve had several on here tell you I alerted them before Google or Twitter knew. You are such a drama Queen. And it was not a draft day trade. By draft day they’d zeroed in on Harrison from Oklahoma. Initially they thought they’d lost their LT for the year to suspension. It turned out to be 4 games and why they backed off.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Brownshoe - 07-28-2023

(07-28-2023, 05:47 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Odd an insider knew about a draft day trade weeks before it never happened, but hasn’t heard anything about the biggest Bengals story of the year with the most interest.

[Image: 30a.jpeg]

Who comes on the internet to just lie  Ninja

Fwiw "several" could just mean like 3-4 weeks. I would be surprised if he misses week 1, and if he does then I'm not going to be upset about it. I would rather him be healthy for a playoff/super bowl push than a lingering calf issues.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Essex Johnson - 07-28-2023

(07-28-2023, 05:13 PM)Tony Wrote: This team is never straight forward with injuries. They know what will happen to ticket sales with 1 like this..

You do know that we are near sellouts in most games

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Essex Johnson - 07-28-2023

(07-28-2023, 05:46 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Hopefully he gets a couple weeks of practices in.  Not sure why the Bengals are looking to add a QB.

Drills , since they have weeks before a cut , they will run  three groups etc. 

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - RunKijanaRun - 07-28-2023

He’ll be ready week 1.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Bengalion - 07-28-2023

Well, 6 weeks plus 2 days until 09/10, so we're talking about 44 days. I think it's enough.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Whacked - 07-28-2023

(07-28-2023, 07:03 PM)Bengalion Wrote: Well, 6 weeks plus 2 days until 09/10, so we're talking about 44 days. I think it's enough.

Let’s hope so, but even so, little if any reps with his boys on O.

Game one against the Stains was already going to be a battle.

They play us well.

Glad this is nothing serious and he will be ok but this setback may cost us a game (or two).

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-28-2023

(07-28-2023, 07:03 PM)Bengalion Wrote: Well, 6 weeks plus 2 days until 09/10, so we're talking about 44 days. I think it's enough.

Yeah, he might be even 100% by then and not have any lingering effects. That would be awesome. Cool

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Fan_in_Kettering - 07-28-2023

Next man up. It’s time to give Trevor Siemian some needed reps. He’s the best backup the Bengals have had in years.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - reuben.ahmed - 07-28-2023

They're alternating Browning and Siemian between 1 and 2s, apparently browning did awesome with #1s today, 5-5 in redzone with 3 TDs.

(07-28-2023, 08:42 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: They're alternating Browning and Siemian, apparently browning did awesome with #1s today, 5-5 in rezone with 3 TDs.

That’s a most excellent strategy. The Bengals’ offense is built to run effectively without Joe Burrow but the team has much more offensive potency with him in the lineup. I’m not worried at all. Why? If necessary Cincinnati can run the ball and this year’s defense will shut opponents down.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Housh - 07-28-2023

(07-28-2023, 08:42 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: They're alternating Browning and Siemian between 1 and 2s, apparently browning did awesome with #1s today, 5-5 in redzone with 3 TDs.

Honestly him doing well in Joe’s absence may get him a roster spot. I know we really like him and called him up a few times last year just so he’d get some game checks so I’d assume we’d find a spot for him if he does good.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-28-2023

(07-28-2023, 08:39 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Next man up.  It’s time to give Trevor Siemian some needed reps.  He’s the best backup the Bengals have had in years.

For sure, way better than Allen.

(07-28-2023, 08:42 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: They're alternating Browning and Siemian between 1 and 2s, apparently browning did awesome with #1s today, 5-5 in redzone with 3 TDs.

Nice. Thanks Reuben. Really like what I saw of Browning last preseason and think he fits our style, the Burrow style.

(07-28-2023, 08:46 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That’s a most excellent strategy.  The Bengals’ offense is built to run effectively without Joe Burrow but the team has much more offensive potency with him in the lineup. I’m not worried at all.  Why?  If necessary Cincinnati can run the ball and this year’s defense will shut opponents down.

This is what I am hoping FIK. The more reps for the backup QB's the better at this point. Might be a blessing in disguise.

We have had these lately for once. Let it pay off with a SB win this time around with Burrow when it matters.

(07-28-2023, 08:55 PM)Housh Wrote: Honestly him doing well in Joe’s absence may get him a roster spot. I know we really like him and called him up a few times last year just so he’d get some game checks so I’d assume we’d find a spot for him if he does good.

You can tell Jake is a buddy of Joe's when they talk on the sideline as well.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - ezekiel23 - 07-28-2023

It would be nice to know at what grade this calf strain is classified.Doctors categorize them as grades 1,2,or 3.They say grade 3 usually requires surgery.Hoping for grade 1 strain,of course,but by watching the video,and seeing Burrow not even attempt to get up,and then volunteer to ride the cart,leads be to believe it may be a little worse than a grade 1 calf strain.

That would coincide with Zac Taylor’s statement of (“several weeks”.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Nepa - 07-28-2023

(07-28-2023, 08:39 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Next man up.  It’s time to give Trevor Siemian some needed reps.  He’s the best backup the Bengals have had in years.

That's probably true, but nothing to write home about. He's been on 7 teams since drafted in 2015. The last four teams he ended up being cut or waived and put on the practice squad. I think we would all be more comfortable with a better backup QB. 

(07-28-2023, 10:21 PM)Nepa Wrote: That's probably true, but nothing to write home about. He's been on 7 teams since drafted in 2015. The last four teams he ended up being cut or waived and put on the practice squad. I think we would all be more comfortable with a better backup QB. 

Like who? I would love to hear everyone’s suggestions. I like what Siemian did in Denver but maybe we can do better.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - spazz70 - 07-28-2023

(07-28-2023, 09:40 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: It would be nice to know at what grade this calf strain is classified.Doctors categorize them as grades 1,2,or 3.They say grade 3 usually requires surgery.Hoping for grade 1 strain,of course,but by watching the video,and seeing Burrow not even attempt to get up,and then volunteer to ride the cart,leads be to believe it may be a little worse than a grade 1 calf strain.

That would coincide with Zac Taylor’s statement of (“several weeks”.
Kremchek(sp) was on 700wlw today...it is a grade 1..1-3 weeks...asked if Mike asked him about the extension and Doc said YES...sign him immediately...if he is not worried than neither am I 

Without Joe Burrow in the lineup the defense will have to raise their level of play. Fortunately Lou Anarumo is still in Cincinnati.