Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Rubio: Life begins at conception - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Rubio: Life begins at conception (/Thread-Rubio-Life-begins-at-conception)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: Rubio: Life begins at conception - jakefromstatefarm - 08-10-2015

(08-10-2015, 05:26 PM)Beaker Wrote: When we choose to remove someone from life support we make a choice that denies their right to live. When we execute criminals we make a choice that denies their right to live. If you believe life outweighs all, fine. But you can't then say some life has more right to live than other life.

I've never opposed abortion when it comes to saving the life of the mother. 

Aside from those situations, the person making the choice to abort a baby gets to walk out of the clinic.  

RE: Rubio: Life begins at conception - BmorePat87 - 08-10-2015

(08-10-2015, 06:17 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: So in other words, people that are using it as a form of birth control.  

Birth control prevents pregnancies. An abortion ends a pregnancy. 

(08-10-2015, 09:07 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Birth control prevents pregnancies. An abortion ends a pregnancy. 

When a child is killed for no other reason than inconvenience, abortion is simply post-sexual birth control.

(08-10-2015, 09:30 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: When a child is killed for no other reason than inconvenience, abortion is simply post-sexual birth control.

lol

(08-10-2015, 09:42 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: lol

Great addition to the topic.   Rolleyes

(08-10-2015, 09:55 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Great addition to the topic.   Rolleyes

You gave me your emotions and no facts so I did the same.

Am I suppose to take you seriously when you say that abortions are just out of inconvenience and ignore what birth control is?

(08-10-2015, 10:00 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You gave me your emotions and no facts so I did the same.

Am I suppose to take you seriously when you say that abortions are just out of inconvenience and ignore what birth control is?

I don't really care if you take me seriously. 

You're free to refute my point.  Do you seriously think that the vast majority of abortions are not performed because of the inconvenience?

Inconvenience can tie into many different scenarios, you know?  Woman is too young, woman still in HS, woman doesn't have the money, woman doesn't have a husband/BF, woman doesn't have a job, woman is more focused on her career, etc...

RE: Rubio: Life begins at conception - Brownshoe - 08-10-2015

I was wrong about the heart starting to beat at 8 weeks. Its actually a little less than 3 weeks that the heart starts to beat. In that point in time it's alive. It meets all of the requirements to be considered alive (brain activity, heartbeat). At that point you are murdering something. That something is a human life. If it's not a human life then what is it, and what magically happens to turn it into a human?

(08-10-2015, 10:09 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I was wrong about the heart starting to beat at 8 weeks. Its actually a little less than 3 weeks that the heart starts to beat. In that point in time it's alive. It meets all of the requirements to be considered alive (brain activity, heartbeat). At that point you are murdering something. That something is a human life. If it's not a human life then what is it, and what magically happens to turn it into a human?

3 weeks into pregnancy or 3 weeks as an embryo?

(08-10-2015, 10:06 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: I don't really care if you take me seriously. 

You're free to refute my point.  Do you seriously think that the vast majority of abortions are not performed because of the inconvenience?

Inconvenience can tie into many different scenarios, you know?  Woman is too young, woman still in HS, woman doesn't have the money, woman doesn't have a husband/BF, woman doesn't have a job, woman is more focused on her career, etc...

I don't have to refute your claim as I am not the one making it. You can back up this belief that women have abortions with little regard if you want. Until you do, I'm going to treat this ridiculous statement as a joke. 

And your tone suggests that an inconvenience is something trivial, but you're citing hardships in life that would make it irresponsible for someone to have a child. 

(08-10-2015, 10:16 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: 3 weeks into pregnancy or 3 weeks as an embryo?

after conception

(08-10-2015, 10:18 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: after conception

So a woman has 2 weeks from when a pee test is capable of determining that she is pregnant to get an abortion?

And that's IF they take the test as soon as they can. Half of pregnant women aren't even getting symptoms by 5 weeks (conception plus your 3 weeks). Oh man, that would be awful to find out your birth control failed and you aren't able to get an abortion.

(08-10-2015, 10:18 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I don't have to refute your claim as I am not the one making it. You can back up this belief that women have abortions with little regard if you want. Until you do, I'm going to treat this ridiculous statement as a joke. 

And your tone suggests that an inconvenience is something trivial, but you're citing hardships in life that would make it irresponsible for someone to have a child. 

So you don't have to refute the claim, but yet you keep responding stating that my claim is false?  I don't really understand this line of thinking, but I digress.

Further, I believe that I did back up the belief.  I stated multiple scenarios that I believe lead to the vast majority of abortions, and all of them are because the pregnancy and childbirth would be an inconvenience to the mother.

As to your last sentence, it makes zero sense.  There are people that spend big money and are on waiting lists for long periods of time to adopt a newborn baby.  

(08-10-2015, 10:24 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So a woman has 2 weeks from when a pee test is capable of determining that she is pregnant to get an abortion?

And that's IF they take the test as soon as they can. Half of pregnant women aren't even getting symptoms by 5 weeks (conception plus your 3 weeks). Oh man, that would be awful to find out your birth control failed and you aren't able to get an abortion.

Well the world is full of awful things. BTW there are pregnancy tests that can detect after a week.

(08-10-2015, 10:25 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: So you don't have to refute the claim, but yet you keep responding stating that my claim is false?  I don't really understand this line of thinking, but I digress.

Further, I believe that I did back up the belief.  I stated multiple scenarios that I believe lead to the vast majority of abortions, and all of them are because the pregnancy and childbirth would be an inconvenience to the mother.

As to your last sentence, it makes zero sense.  There are people that spend big money and are on waiting lists for long periods of time to adopt a newborn baby.  

The burden of proof is actually with the person who makes the claim. Meaning if you say something that's not backed up by facts then someone else can refute it by saying something that's not backed up by facts.

(08-10-2015, 10:25 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: So you don't have to refute the claim, but yet you keep responding stating that my claim is false?  I don't really understand this line of thinking, but I digress.

Well there's a definition for birth control and abortion doesn't fit it. I guess I could post a link to a dictionary. And you're using inconvenience as if the fact that you can't afford a kid or do not have a stabile home is just the pregnant woman not wanting to be bothered with the kid.

(08-10-2015, 10:32 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: The burden of proof is actually with the person who makes the claim. Meaning if you say something that's not backed up by facts then someone else can refute it by saying something that's not backed up by facts.

I'll go hang out next to the local planned parenthood for a month or so, and ask all of the women going in why they're choosing to kill their baby.

I'll report back with my findings.  

(08-10-2015, 10:29 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Well the world is full of awful things.

Like Republicans who want to ban abortions and rape exceptions.

Quote:BTW there are pregnancy tests that can detect after a week.

Which is great if you're not one of the 54% of women getting abortions who used birth control but got pregnant anyways and have a reason to get a blood test after a week. 

https://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/journals/3429402.html

I was obviously being facetious in my last post, just in case that needed clarification.

I just don't see how I can "prove" why abortions take place. Is there really information available as to why a baby is aborted? If so, how can this info be trusted? Who collects this information?

I'll stand by my belief that most abortions take place because of the inconvenience factor, until I see some concrete data that proves otherwise.

I'll somehow survive if certain posters disagree with my opinion.

(08-10-2015, 10:47 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: You do realize that the article doesn't say that 54% of women getting abortions were using birth control right?

Yea, you do realize that I said that, right?

Blood tests that you can use after 1 week are great if you're NOT one of the 54% who used birth control... meaning that if you're one of the 46% who didn't, you'd have reason to believe you might be pregnant.

If you're part of the majority who use birth control, you'd have no reason to believe you were pregnant until past your proposed restriction.