Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Legal tampering period - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Legal tampering period (/Thread-Legal-tampering-period)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Legal tampering period - SunsetBengal - 03-15-2023

All is well people, nothing to be alarmed about, it's all part of the master plan. (at least that's what I was told Monday night)

RE: Legal tampering period - Synric - 03-15-2023

(03-15-2023, 10:47 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: All is well people, nothing to be alarmed about, it's all part of the master plan.  (at least that's what I was told Monday night)

Kinda like Bates I was expecting Hurst to be gone when people started talking about him making upwards of 9m a year (no money on the deal yet) especially considering how hard they were looking at TE's this off-season.

So far for me the Bell leaving was a surprise and Pratt staying was a surprise. All the other Free Agent departures I expected.

(03-15-2023, 10:50 AM)Synric Wrote: Kinda like Bates I was expecting Hurst to be gone when people started talking about him making upwards of 9m a year (no money on the deal yet) especially considering how hard they were looking at TE's this off-season.

So far for me the Bell leaving was a surprise and Pratt staying was a surprise. All the other Free Agent departures I expected.

Players come and go, sure.  It's the seeing quality starters and primary backups leaving without having any hint as to who is going to replace that is so unsettling.

RE: Legal tampering period - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-15-2023

If I was making a list of NEEDS:

1) Starting SS. Gotta,be a vet FA signing.
2) Starting TE
---------------
3) CB#4 (#1 with Awuzie out). Apple?/Draft.
4) OG#3. We have none beyond Cappa & Volson.
5) RB#2. Perine replacement. FA/Draft.
6) TE#2.
7) WR depth. Someone who can get open.
8) P upgrade.

Yes, I know OT is not on that list. It would be lovely. As would some pass rush help. But we have 5 OTs, DE's, and DT's under contract. Those are not what I call, NEEDS. Though RT with Collins gurt could certainly be addressed in the draft.

Another CB, OG#4, LB#6, TE#3-#4, QB#2, and similar moves will be filling in the fringes/upgrading.

Eagles plan to release Darius Slay.

(03-15-2023, 12:08 PM)Synric Wrote: Eagles plan to release Darius Slay.

Really?  Sportrac says he carries $22.4M in dead cap.  Seems kind of unwise to eat $22.4M just to save $3.7M. Especially for a guy who is still playing at a high level.

Legal tampering period - BenZoo2 - 03-15-2023

(03-15-2023, 12:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Really?  Sportrac says he carries $22.4M in dead cap.  Seems kind of unwise to eat $22.4M just to save $3.7M. Especially for a guy who is still playing at a high level.

Apparently it’s true. Probably trying to keep chase Gardner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Legal tampering period - Nepa - 03-15-2023

(03-15-2023, 12:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Really?  Sportrac says he carries $22.4M in dead cap.  Seems kind of unwise to eat $22.4M just to save $3.7M.  Especially for a guy who is still playing at a high level.

I see. I saw that he is slated to make a base salary of $17 million in 2023 with a cap hit of more than $26 million. But a team that signs him doesn't get hit with a lot of the cap? That is stuck with the Eagles?

(03-15-2023, 12:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Really?  Sportrac says he carries $22.4M in dead cap.  Seems kind of unwise to eat $22.4M just to save $3.7M.  Especially for a guy who is still playing at a high level.

If they designate him a June 1st cut that drops to 8.6m in dead cap to save 17.5m. Still they will be eating a ton of dead cap because of his 3 void years. 

RE: Legal tampering period - Yogo - 03-15-2023

Maybe the MASTER PLAN was to wait it out all along and now it's bargain time as all those top notch free agents still left can be had for cheaper as they start sweating for a decent landing spot with a decent payday. OT, RB, S, TE

(03-15-2023, 01:44 PM)Synric Wrote: If they designate him a June 1st cut that drops to 8.6m in dead cap to save 17.5m. Still they will be eating a ton of dead cap because of his 3 void years. 

I knew there must have been a part that I didn't notice.

RE: Legal tampering period - jj22 - 03-15-2023

Poyer expected to return to the Bills.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/15/report-jordan-poyer-is-expected-to-re-sign-with-bills/

RE: Legal tampering period - Nately120 - 03-15-2023

Poyer hain't leaving Buffalo after all.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/bills-jordan-poyer-remaining-in-buffalo/

RE: Legal tampering period - TecmoBengals - 03-15-2023

Rodgers was on The Pat McAfee show and said he wants to play for the Jets. He said the hold up is the Packers want more compensation.

Schefter tweeted the following:

RE: Legal tampering period - phil413 - 03-15-2023

(03-15-2023, 01:59 PM)Yogo Wrote: Maybe the MASTER PLAN was to wait it out all along and now it's bargain time as all those top notch free agents still left can be had for cheaper as they start sweating for a decent landing spot with a decent payday.  OT, RB, S, TE

I mean that looks to be the case as the remaining players will want playing time for a prove it deal and possibly to ring chase. 

RE: Legal tampering period - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-15-2023

(03-15-2023, 01:59 PM)Yogo Wrote: Maybe the MASTER PLAN was to wait it out all along and now it's bargain time as all those top notch free agents still left can be had for cheaper as they start sweating for a decent landing spot with a decent payday.  OT, RB, S, TE

Must of been, could work honestly and come out better than we initially thought. Other teams overvaluing our players could end
up being a blessing in disguise. We are all inpatient I know, but once the dust settles we could have our RT, Safety, RB and even a
couple more depth pieces with talent for a bargain. 

RE: Legal tampering period - Yogo - 03-15-2023

(03-15-2023, 03:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Must of been, could work honestly and come out better than we initially thought. Other teams overvaluing our players could end
up being a blessing in disguise. We are all inpatient I know, but once the dust settles we could have our RT, Safety, RB and even a
couple more depth pieces with talent for a bargain. 

Yeah, like upgrading for about the same price.

RE: Legal tampering period - jj22 - 03-15-2023

Aaron is an ass. Can't wait for him to get battered in the AFC.

RE: Legal tampering period - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-15-2023

Updated NEEDS with Eli back.

Tier 1: Immediate Starter needed: TE, FS, PR
Tier 2: First Reserve needed: OG, TE, RB
Tier 3: Future Issues Looming: OT, WR
Tier 4: Starter upgrade: P
Tier 5: Last man upgrade/open: QB, WR, TE, OT, OG, DE, DT, CB

RE: Legal tampering period - Nepa - 03-15-2023

(03-15-2023, 06:07 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Updated NEEDS with Eli back.

Tier 1: Immediate Starter needed: TE, FS, PR
Tier 2: First Reserve needed: OG, TE, RB
Tier 3: Future Issues Looming: OT, WR
Tier 4: Starter upgrade: P
Tier 5: Last man upgrade/open: QB, WR, TE, OT, OG, DE, DT, CB

If the PR in your Tier 1 is "Public Relations," then I agree with this post.