Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Bobby Hart Re-Signed - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Bobby Hart Re-Signed (/Thread-Bobby-Hart-Re-Signed)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - THE PISTONS - 03-12-2019

(03-12-2019, 01:44 PM)Wyche Wrote: I agree with you, no question.  I didn't like him at FSU LOL .  My point was, it makes it a teensy bit more stomachable....but not a lot more.

One of the worst parts is it seems like they plan on bringing back the same 5 starters as last season on a bad line.

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - Bengalholic - 03-12-2019

Hart talks about his new deal...

(03-12-2019, 01:45 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Hart talks about his new deal...

And in a related note: Albolene stock has just dropped.

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - Hoofhearted - 03-12-2019

(03-12-2019, 11:15 AM)Synric Wrote: The contract is 3 years for 16.15 million 5.3 million average. The 2019 cap hit is 5.4 million with the option to cut him in 2020 with no dead cap.

It says a 2 million dollar dead cap hit after this year?

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - TheUberHuber - 03-12-2019

(03-12-2019, 01:44 PM)Wyche Wrote: I agree with you, no question.  I didn't like him at FSU LOL .  My point was, it makes it a teensy bit more stomachable....but not a lot more.

Yeah it did bring a tiny sigh of relief when i saw they could cut him after this year. 

Im still holding out hope for a good first /second round tackle selection.  That would be something that would make signing hart bearable imo.. 

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - mallorian69 - 03-12-2019

(03-12-2019, 01:48 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: And there's Pistons, with more of his hate-mongering.

Dude, stop it. We get your position, Nobody cares for the constant crap you're posting.

I do. Only a complete homer wouldn't care.

(03-12-2019, 02:10 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Yeah it did bring a tiny sigh of relief when i saw they could cut him after this year. 

Im still holding out hope for a good first /second round tackle selection.  That would be something that would make signing hart bearable imo.. 

The Bengals RARELY cut underperforming players. Look they even brought MJ back after they waived him for the roster spot last year on the same contract.

Hart will likely be here the entire deal.

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - JungleRock85 - 03-12-2019

I don't see much point in talking about how we could cut him after this year. That just isn't the "Bengals way". They want to overpay for mediocre talent and then keep it on the roster for the entire contract. Good players can leave though so they can get a 3rd through 7th round compensation pick the next year, while investing multiple first rounders in those positions after (ex: Cornerbacks, Offensive Line) and still not being good enough in those spots.

(03-12-2019, 02:19 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: I don't see much point in talking about how we could cut him after this year. That just isn't the "Bengals way". They want to overpay for mediocre talent and then keep it on the roster for the entire contract. Good players can leave though so they can get a 3rd through 7th round compensation pick the next year, while investing multiple first rounders in those positions after (ex: Cornerbacks, Offensive Line) and still not being good enough in those spots.

Yep. They didn't sign a guy to a 3 year deal thinking...we can waive him in Year 2.

Turner REALLY likes Hart. 

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - TheLeonardLeap - 03-12-2019

(03-12-2019, 02:27 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Um, no, no it's not. Bobby Hart is now the 9th highest paid RT in the league.

There are only 4 RTs who are making more than $7.7m/yr.

(03-12-2019, 03:07 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: There are actually 8 right tackles making more than his average, but it's still a dog shit contract.

Let's hope he proves us wrong.

Yes Bfritz, normally when you are 9th, there are 8 ahead of you. Well done.

Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - Gamma Ray Tan - 03-12-2019

(03-12-2019, 01:45 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Hart talks about his new deal...

Is it just me or does he look tiny for a NFL Tackle...like zero muscle mass.

(03-12-2019, 02:35 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yes Bfritz, normally when you are 9th, there are 8 ahead of you. Well done.

Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja

Aww, didn't see you posted this. Leonard always on top of shit.  ThumbsUp

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - Shake n Blake - 03-12-2019

(03-12-2019, 02:17 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Bengals RARELY cut underperforming players. Look they even brought MJ back after they waived him for the roster spot last year on the same contract.

Hart will likely be here the entire deal.

(03-12-2019, 02:19 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: I don't see much point in talking about how we could cut him after this year. That just isn't the "Bengals way". They want to overpay for mediocre talent and then keep it on the roster for the entire contract. Good players can leave though so they can get a 3rd through 7th round compensation pick the next year, while investing multiple first rounders in those positions after (ex: Cornerbacks, Offensive Line) and still not being good enough in those spots.

Agreed guys. It's pretty rare that we cut underperforming players. Just look at Burfict. He's missed 37 of 80 possible games (46%) over the last 5 years and fell off last year after getting popped for PEDs. He has cap hits of $7.4 and $9.8 million for the next two seasons and could be cut with only $1.8 million in total dead cap.

The only reason we seem to be keeping him is our obsession with limiting dead money.

(03-12-2019, 02:10 PM)mallorian69 Wrote: I do. Only a complete homer wouldn't care.

Why thank you. I just try to provide a dose of realism. I often praise players such as Geno, AJ Green, Mixon, etc.

But, unfortunately some of the Bengals moves just aren't praise worthy.

(03-12-2019, 02:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Agreed guys. It's pretty rare that we cut underperforming players. Just look at Burfict. He's missed 37 of 80 possible games (46%) over the last 5 years and fell off last year after getting popped for PEDs. He has cap hits of $7.4 and $9.8 million for the next two seasons and could be cut with only $1.8 million in total dead cap.

The only reason we seem to be keeping him is our obsession with limiting dead money.

Yep. Guys like MJ. There are a ton of examples.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bengals bring Eifert back too at this point.

Then they'll sign an ageing LB that no other team has signed a week or so into free agency and fans will be drooling because they recognize his name. They'll talk about how things have changed and Katie is running the show!

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - Socal Bengals fan - 03-12-2019

(03-12-2019, 02:36 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Is it just me or does he look tiny for a NFL Tackle...like zero muscle mass.

Looks like he’s afraid of the gym much like he’s afraid to put his body in between the defender n Dalton. Body looks soft as hell.

(03-12-2019, 02:42 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Looks like he’s afraid of the gym much like he’s afraid to put his body in between the defender n Dalton.  Body looks soft as hell.

You actually see that a decent but with O-Lineman. Most aren't ripped. Most look like that.

Ironically, one of the things that got Ced drafted was he looked lean and muscular. But, he didn't have core strength apparently.

RE: Bobby Hart Re-Signed - depthchart - 03-12-2019

Hart seemed to find ways to regularly join in on any End Zone celebrations and that may have subconsciously warmed old Mikey Boy's heart. :heart:

(03-12-2019, 02:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. Guys like MJ. There are a ton of examples.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bengals bring Eifert back too at this point.

Then they'll sign an ageing LB that no other team has signed a week or so into free agency and fans will be drooling because they recognize his name. They'll talk about how things have changed and Katie is running the show!

George was cut with more than 2 million dead cap on his contract (think it was almost 5 mil). Pretty sure (?) Lafell was to. 

(03-12-2019, 02:45 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: George was cut with more than 2 million dead cap on his contract (think it was almost 5 mil). Pretty sure (?) Lafell was to. 

There have been some outliers. But, it's rare. I think there were aspects of the Iloka cut that weren't publicized.