Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE (/Thread-BUNGLE-4-BURROW-COMPLETE)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - Nicomo Cosca - 12-27-2019

(12-27-2019, 03:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dalton does not get passes knocked down at the line of scrimmage any more often than the average NFL QB.

This is just a popular message board myth.

No it’s not. If you have stats to back it up provide them, otherwise those of us that feel it’s true will keep going off what we see.

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - Trademark - 12-27-2019

What makes me nervous about Burrow is he came out of nowhere and played lights out this season...What did he do prior to that ?

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - Fan_in_Kettering - 12-27-2019

(12-27-2019, 09:22 PM)Trademark Wrote: What makes me nervous about Burrow is he came out of nowhere and played lights out this season...What did he do prior to that ?

Joe Burrow actually graduated from Ohio State with a BA degree in only three years while playing football so that’s something very few people can claim.

He did lots of observing and learning at Ohio State and put it into practice at LSU.

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - Catmandude123 - 12-27-2019

(12-27-2019, 09:22 PM)Trademark Wrote: What makes me nervous about Burrow is he came out of nowhere and played lights out this season...What did he do prior to that ?

If he had gone from OSU to a lesser school and conference then the red flags would be abundant. You act like anyone can walk into a program like LSU and set school records. You think schools like OSU and LSU don't get the cream of the crop and that one QB who is favored by one coach makes the other QB somehow inferior? What you need to understand is that Burrow basically walked on as an unknown commodity and beat out all the other QBs that this top program had on its roster. Burrows developed under the coaches and hopefully will continue to develop next year. OSU and Urban Meyer are not known for developing NFL QBs

Burrows Akili Smith Feeling - Essex Johnson - 12-28-2019

I found it interesting and concerning that no outlet I could find coming into this year had Burrows going in 1st round and the couple I found that had 2nd rounds did not have him in there either.  This has been my worry all year, we seem to be banking on one year to put him at #1.  It reminds me some of the rise of Akili Smith... he had an outstanding senior year at Oregon with not much behind his senior year...

Now I believe Burrows is solid but I came into the season liking Herbert who has been outstanding for 2 years and has played a good amount all 4 years at Oregon. I would like to see us trade back collect extra picks and take Herbert.. he seems more established than Burrows I just get the Smith feeling with Burrows

RE: Burrows Akili Smith Feeling - Pat5775 - 12-28-2019

The same could be said for Carson Palmer

RE: Burrows Akili Smith Feeling - N_B - 12-28-2019

(12-28-2019, 06:19 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I found it interesting and concerning that no outlet I could find coming into this year had Burrows going in 1st round and the couple I found that had 2nd rounds did not have him in there either.  This has been my worry all year, we seem to be banking on one year to put him at #1.  It reminds me some of the rise of Akili Smith... he had an outstanding senior year at Oregon with not much behind his senior year...

Now I believe Burrows is solid but I came into the season liking Herbert who has been outstanding for 2 years and has played a good amount all 4 years at Oregon. I would like to see us trade back collect extra picks and take Herbert.. he seems more established than Burrows I just get the Smith feeling with Burrows

The dude is going to set the single season record for completion percentage in NCAA history. You know what the completion percentage was for Akili in his last year at Oregon?

RE: Burrows Akili Smith Feeling - Essex Johnson - 12-28-2019

(12-28-2019, 06:24 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: The same could be said for Carson Palmer
nope.. Palmer had a ton of starts, was talked about as a 1st rounder coming into Senior year

RE: Burrows Akili Smith Feeling - Essex Johnson - 12-28-2019

(12-28-2019, 06:27 PM)N_B Wrote: The dude is going to set the single season record for completion percentage in NCAA history.  You know what the completion percentage was for Akili in his last year at Oregon?

still does not take away from my point when you look at the rise of both QBs.. Burrows as a after thought as a whole coming into this year.. also different type of passing today back then.. the way they pass today and play defense today.. completion percentage is higher across the board

RE: Burrows Akili Smith Feeling - N_B - 12-28-2019

(12-28-2019, 06:30 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: still does not take away from my point when you look at the rise of both QBs.. Burrows as a after thought as a whole coming into this year.. also different type of passing today back then.. the way they pass today and play defense today.. completion percentage is higher across the board

He’s going to set a record also for completion percentage adjusted for screens/other short passes. He has had one of the most accurate deep ball throwers this year in history

RE: Burrows Akili Smith Feeling - Nicomo Cosca - 12-28-2019

Hard to take people seriously that don’t even know the kid’s name...

RE: Burrows Akili Smith Feeling - TheLeonardLeap - 12-28-2019

(12-28-2019, 06:27 PM)N_B Wrote: The dude is going to set the single season record for completion percentage in NCAA history.  You know what the completion percentage was for Akili in his last year at Oregon?

Dwayne Haskins had a career 70% completion.
Tim Tebow had a career 66.4% completion.

....in college.

Always gotta question when a guy is surrounded by NFL talent in college.

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - N_B - 12-28-2019

(12-28-2019, 06:32 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Dwayne Haskins had a career 70% completion.

....in college.

I don’t get the point of this post. No snark, just don’t get it. Burrows adjusted completion percentage 15-20 pts higher than each of them

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - Nicomo Cosca - 12-28-2019

(12-28-2019, 06:32 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Dwayne Haskins had a career 70% completion.

....in college.

Good thing we can you know...actually watch the games and see how good he is instead of just relying on stats.

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - Fullrock - 12-28-2019

(12-28-2019, 06:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hard to take people seriously that don’t even know the kid’s name...

Right?! Drives me insane.

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - Fullrock - 12-28-2019

(12-28-2019, 06:19 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I found it interesting and concerning that no outlet I could find coming into this year had Burrows going in 1st round and the couple I found that had 2nd rounds did not have him in there either.  This has been my worry all year, we seem to be banking on one year to put him at #1.  It reminds me some of the rise of Akili Smith... he had an outstanding senior year at Oregon with not much behind his senior year...

Who is Burrows?

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - Essex Johnson - 12-28-2019

(12-28-2019, 06:38 PM)Fullrock Wrote:  Who is Burrows?

funny we might be saying that in a few years when he does not pan out

(12-28-2019, 06:40 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: funny we might be saying that in a few years when he does not pan out

Your analysis is based on...nothing

You might be right, but it’s probably under the category of dumb luck

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - TheLeonardLeap - 12-28-2019

(12-28-2019, 06:34 PM)N_B Wrote: I don’t get the point of this post.  No snark, just don’t get it.  Burrows adjusted completion percentage 15-20 pts higher than each of them

The point is Tim Tebow had a 67.8% completion his Senior year and was one of the best college QBs of all time.

He had a career 47.9% completion in the NFL.

You have to look at the players around a QB in college. Tebow had Percy Harvin, Riley Cooper, and Aaron Hernandez to throw to. Both Pouncey brothers were blocking for him. All starting NFL talent.

I am not saying Burrow shouldn't be the pick, I am just saying don't rely on college stats to point out who will succeed in the NFL. Drew Brees only completed 60.4% of his passes his senior year, Tom Brado 61.0% his senior year.

Just look at how many NFL talents Burrow is playing around and keep that in mind while evaluating him, is all I am saying.

(12-28-2019, 06:50 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The point is Tim Tebow had a 67.8% completion his Senior year and was one of the best college QBs of all time.

He had a career 47.9% completion in the NFL.

You have to look at the players around a QB in college. Tebow had Percy Harvin, Riley Cooper, and Aaron Hernandez to throw to. Both Pouncey brothers were blocking for him. All starting NFL talent.

I am not saying Burrow shouldn't be the pick, I am just saying don't rely on college stats to point out who will succeed in the NFL. Drew Brees only completed 60.4% of his passes his senior year, Tom Brado 61.0% his senior year.

Just look at how many NFL talents Burrow is playing around and keep that in mind while evaluating him, is all I am saying.

Gotcha. Fair. My retort would be look at Tebows adjusted completion percentage ie ex screens etc