Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE (/Thread-BUNGLE-4-BURROW-COMPLETE)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - Nicomo Cosca - 12-28-2019

(12-28-2019, 06:50 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The point is Tim Tebow had a 67.8% completion his Senior year and was one of the best college QBs of all time.

He had a career 47.9% completion in the NFL.

You have to look at the players around a QB in college. Tebow had Percy Harvin, Riley Cooper, and Aaron Hernandez to throw to. Both Pouncey brothers were blocking for him. All starting NFL talent.

I am not saying Burrow shouldn't be the pick, I am just saying don't rely on college stats to point out who will succeed in the NFL. Drew Brees only completed 60.4% of his passes his senior year, Tom Brado 61.0% his senior year.

Just look at how many NFL talents Burrow is playing around and keep that in mind while evaluating him,is all I am saying.

Let’s also look at the competition he’s doing it against. Which is the best in the country.

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - Synric - 12-28-2019

Joe Burrow running left throws a nice short TD into a very tight window to Terrence Marshall.

(12-28-2019, 06:52 PM)N_B Wrote: Gotcha. Fair. My retort would be look at Tebows adjusted completion percentage ie ex screens etc

Also, Tim Tebow beat the Steelers in a playoff game. I’d think we’d all sign up for that right about now. Tongue

Exactly the kind of play we need our QB to be capable of making.

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - OswaldsLegacy - 12-28-2019

(12-24-2019, 04:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote:
Of course I can, but I am not going to say that Mixon is the worst RB in the league stats wise either like you are insinuating.

Yeah, would be nice to have a QB that can throw over the Line and not get balls knocked down so often.

I said he is bad, compared to what we were promised to what we got.  He is average... pedestrian.  Nothing special.  Yet many on here act like he is carrying this team, which he is NOT.

Cedric Benson (RIP) is an example of a RB that carried this team.  Mixon is not anywhere near the production of Benson.

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - N_B - 12-28-2019

This guy looks unreal

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - Stonyhands - 12-28-2019

(12-28-2019, 07:07 PM)N_B Wrote: This guy looks unreal

Yes, I was curious how he was going to do in the CFP. He looks damn good. Bengals should try and sign Joe Brady as possible OC to help on offense.

(12-28-2019, 07:09 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Yes, I was curious how he was going to do in the CFP. He looks damn good. Bengals should try and sign Joe Brady as possible OC to help on offense.

Agreed on Brady. Would be a really shrewd move to make him Oc

(12-28-2019, 07:05 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: I said he is bad, compared to what we were promised to what we got.  He is average... pedestrian.  Nothing special.  Yet many on here act like he is carrying this team, which he is NOT.

Cedric Benson (RIP) is an example of a RB that carried this team.  Mixon is not anywhere near the production of Benson.

Benson 3.8 y/a in Cincy

Mixon 4.2 y/a in Cincy

And Mixon doesn’t have studs like Whit on his OL. The best he’s had so far here has been Clint Boling and Trey Hopkins....

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - Okeana - 12-28-2019

Anyone who tries to argue against Burrow is out of their mind. Watching the Oklahoma game right now and he's just shredding them with accuracy.

(12-27-2019, 03:42 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Simply stated - no.  Dalton has some of the worst pocket presence I have seen in a starter in recent years.  His penchant for throwing the ball away or panicking in the pocket is a huge issue.  Now, it's only college, but Burrow has shown an innate pocket presence against the best competition he's faced.  He's more athletic and can make plays with his legs.  

Just watch the Georgia game.  some of the plays he made running the ball and running by Georgias linebackers and safeties should tell you something.

When people say you need to build around Burrow, it's not that we need skill guys, we need O-linemen to protect the investment made at #1 overall.  No different that ANY team.

Again... these are all things said about Dalton.  Give him an OLine and he can play. 

Dalton has had how many years with Marvin Lewis?  Lewis would prefer the throw aways over forcing an pass that would lead to an INT.  Many coaches prefer that.

Dalton has also used his legs to make plays.  However he was also told to avoid doing that because of the risk involved in a QB running with the ball.  Again this was a Lewis mantra.  Remember when he said running QBs don't last long?  That is because they take extra beatings and as they get older they get slower. 

If the coach tells you good job on getting the 1st down, but don't expose yourself next time by running, just throw it away... then that is what you do.

If Burrows doesn't do what the coaches tells him to do then he won't last long.  

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - jj22 - 12-28-2019

I've seen every throw I need to see.

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - SunsetBengal - 12-28-2019

Much to the dismay of his detractors, the recent Heisman winner just keeps doing what he does, displaying his pinpoint accuracy and incredible football IQ...

Come on, Man.

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - Okeana - 12-28-2019

(12-28-2019, 07:09 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Yes, I was curious how he was going to do in the CFP.  He looks damn good.  Bengals should try and sign Joe Brady as possible OC to help on offense.

agreed it gives burrow someone he's comfortable with.

(12-28-2019, 07:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Much to the dismay of his detractors, the recent Heisman winner just keeps doing what he does, displaying his pinpoint accuracy and incredible football IQ...

Kid is special. We picked a great year to hit bottom.

(12-28-2019, 07:09 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Yes, I was curious how he was going to do in the CFP.  He looks damn good.  Bengals should try and sign Joe Brady as possible OC to help on offense.

I was thinking as the QB coach to break into the NFL. 

(12-28-2019, 07:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Benson 3.8 y/a in Cincy

Mixon 4.2 y/a in Cincy

And Mixon doesn’t have studs like Whit on his OL. The best he’s had so far here has been Clint Boling and Trey Hopkins....

This is crazy talk... You keep going off of stats when it suits you.  However, look at what Benson did in games.  He just took them over and all you saw was him dominating.  Mixon on the other hand has never just took over games.  I remember Benson's Baltimore game, Pittsburgh games, the playoffs and the Bears.  I can't recall any game with Mixon going off like Benson did.  Maybe you could name some?

Remember blaming the OLine is just making excuses.

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - TheLeonardLeap - 12-28-2019

(12-28-2019, 07:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Much to the dismay of his detractors, the recent Heisman winner just keeps doing what he does, displaying his pinpoint accuracy and incredible football IQ...

Just can't bring myself to cheer for LSU while the Refs are bending Oklahoma over so blatantly. As if LSU needed the help.

(12-28-2019, 07:19 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Just can't bring myself to cheer for LSU while the Refs are bending Oklahoma over so blatantly. As if LSU needed the help.

Dude...this may be your quarterback for the next decade plus. Enjoy the game