Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Joe Burrow injury updates - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Joe Burrow injury updates (/Thread-Joe-Burrow-injury-updates)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - reuben.ahmed - 07-30-2023

(07-30-2023, 03:44 PM)Joelist Wrote: So where are we at on this now? It sounds like we don't think Burrow misses regular season games but that (as usual) he has no preseason or camp. So we can look forward again to him struggling in the first couple of games - which happen to be division opponents and thus hyper critical. Then he gets into form and the process begins of digging out of the usual early season hole. About right?

That steelers game is still so vivid to me, Joe Burrow looking like Andy Dalton, scared in the pocket lol.

Time to test that O-line and run game, Mixon.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - BengalsLUFC - 07-30-2023

(07-30-2023, 03:44 PM)Joelist Wrote: So where are we at on this now? It sounds like we don't think Burrow misses regular season games but that (as usual) he has no preseason or camp. So we can look forward again to him struggling in the first couple of games - which happen to be division opponents and thus hyper critical. Then he gets into form and the process begins of digging out of the usual early season hole. About right?

No it’s a completely different situation to the past couple of years.

In 2021 he hadn’t run or thrown for nearly 9 months and basically had to learn to walk again from scratch let alone get his timings right with receivers.

In 2022 he lost 25 pounds of muscle and the worst case scenario is we had to draft another qb because of the rumours are true that his appendix fully ruptured it could have killed him.

This time around he has a small calf tear that will keep him out for a couple of weeks but won’t stop him from lifting as he doesn’t have to worry about ripping any stitches and because he’s all football he’s already done OTA’s and wouldn’t surprise me at all if he’s done throwing work with the receivers away from Cincinnati in the off season.

He’s basically going to be playing catch up cardio wise for a couple of weeks and we need the OL to protect him because the last thing we need to see is Burrow scrambling and risking pulling the calm again.

He’s probably going to be back “fully fit” a week to 10 days before the Browns game so plenty of time to get sharp before start of the season.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Essex Johnson - 07-30-2023

(07-30-2023, 08:10 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: No it’s a completely different situation to the past couple of years.

In 2021 he hadn’t run or thrown for nearly 9 months and basically had to learn to walk again from scratch let alone get his timings right with receivers.

In 2022 he lost 25 pounds of muscle and the worst case scenario is we had to draft another qb because of the rumours are true that his appendix fully ruptured it could have killed him.

This time around he has a small calf tear that will keep him out for a couple of weeks but won’t stop him from lifting as he doesn’t have to worry about ripping any stitches and because he’s all football he’s already done OTA’s and wouldn’t surprise me at all if he’s done throwing work with the receivers away from Cincinnati in the off season.

He’s basically going to be playing catch up cardio wise for a couple of weeks and we need the OL to protect him because the last thing we need to see is Burrow scrambling and risking pulling the calm again.

He’s probably going to be back “fully fit” a week to 10 days before the Browns game so plenty of time to get sharp before start of the season.

until we get more updates, can;t really predict if he is out 2 to possible 4 weeks, if 4 will be a tough 1st game with few reps

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - wanga - 07-30-2023

Yeah shame to miss another chunk of camp but hopefully gets some full on work in for a couple of weeks before the opener. I have my doubts though. 

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - wanga - 07-30-2023

(07-30-2023, 08:01 PM)michaelsean Wrote: But it’s not a cramp, and the orthopedic surgeon of the Reds, who probably knows some people, says it’s a one. Now I’m not taking that to the bank, but neither do I find it obvious it is a two.

No, pain wise I meant. Hopefully it’s only a few weeks with a low grade 1. In fact I’ve had more painful cramps than actual grade 1 tears. A 2 however is a different kettle of fish 

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - BengalBob - 07-31-2023

Joe Burrow is in the locker room at his locker with the sleeve on his right calf walking with no limp

Per Mike Petraglia 4:34 PM

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - 007BengalsFan - 07-31-2023

(07-31-2023, 05:39 PM)BengalBob Wrote: Joe Burrow is in the locker room at his locker with the sleeve on his right calf walking with no limp

Caleb Noe from WCPO just reported the same thing.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Memphis_Bengal - 07-31-2023

(07-31-2023, 06:12 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Caleb Noe from WCPO just reported the same thing.

Bengals Nation
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47jkjw0yef67krm2sy32...y.gif&ct=g].

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Bengalion - 07-31-2023

(07-31-2023, 05:39 PM)BengalBob Wrote: Joe Burrow is in the locker room at his locker with the sleeve on his right calf walking with no limp

Is it true? Link?

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - pally - 07-31-2023

(07-31-2023, 07:07 PM)Bengalion Wrote: Is it true? Link?

He copied the tweet (X?)  

This was reported by every single reporter in the locker room today

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - BFritz21 - 07-31-2023

(07-31-2023, 07:12 PM)pally Wrote: He copied the tweet (X?)  

This was reported by every single reporter in the locker room today

I'm smiling and have a sudden burst of hope because my friend in our Cincinnati group chat just sent me that!

I hope he doesn't rush back and I hope that the MOST he does until the opener is just straight drop-backs and throws.

This has to give the team some comfort because the other players will know that he's back.

Super Bowl!

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - DYT_Bengal - 07-31-2023

Per someone close to the club (former player) - Joe Burrow's injury is nothing to worry about.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - George Cantstandya - 07-31-2023

(07-31-2023, 08:44 PM)DYT_Bengal Wrote: Per someone close to the club (former player) - Joe Burrow's injury is nothing to worry about.

Well that solves everything.   Thanks someone close to the club (former player) for clearing that up.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - wanga - 07-31-2023

Awesome news. 

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - LSUfaninTN - 07-31-2023

(07-30-2023, 09:03 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: until we get more updates, can;t really predict if he is out 2 to possible 4 weeks, if 4 will be a tough 1st game with few reps

Most likely will keep him out at least 3. Probably 4. Sucks for yall, bad luck again. He’s walking with no limp which is great. Can’t see them keeping him out less than 3. 

Yeah encouraging news for sure. I wouldn’t be moving my hogs into the north pasture just yet though.

And I don’t actually have my hogs, although I grew up on a farm and we did then. Although we called them pigs not hogs. I was just channeling my inner Mr Brown.

The one with hogs not cows.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Sled21 - 08-01-2023

I suspect we will not see Joe on the field again until the ink is on the contract. If he tries, his agent will tackle him.....

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - samhain - 08-01-2023

(07-30-2023, 09:27 PM)wanga Wrote: Yeah shame to miss another chunk of camp but hopefully gets some full on work in for a couple of weeks before the opener. I have my doubts though. 

I honestly just want him to maintain his level of conditioning and muscle mass.  That's what slowed him down with he appendix surgery.  He's been running the offense with this cast of characters for 2 full years.  It would certainly be ideal to have him in camp, but it's not a major impact to the season IMO.  

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Tomkat - 08-01-2023

(07-30-2023, 08:10 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: He’s basically going to be playing catch up cardio wise for a couple of weeks...

Why?  A strained calf wouldn't stop him from pedaling a stationary bike (set on no resistance)