Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Joe Burrow injury updates - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Joe Burrow injury updates (/Thread-Joe-Burrow-injury-updates)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - PDub80 - 08-01-2023

(08-01-2023, 11:33 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Why?  A strained calf wouldn't stop him from pedaling a stationary bike (set on no resistance)

Oh, man, buddy.... I think you're off on that from personal experience. I had a grade 2-3 calf strain from tennis and it hurt BAD to even put on a shoe for the first day or two. I could walk, but slowly. And it got better in time, but still uncomfortable the first week.

I would describe my pain tolerance as unusually high

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 08-01-2023

(08-01-2023, 11:43 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Oh, man, buddy.... I think you're off on that from personal experience. I had a grade 2-3 calf strain from tennis and it hurt BAD to even put on a shoe for the first day or two. I could walk, but slowly. And it got better in time, but still uncomfortable the first week.

It was reported he was walking without a limp yesterday

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - BengalsLUFC - 08-01-2023

(08-01-2023, 11:33 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Why?  A strained calf wouldn't stop him from pedaling a stationary bike (set on no resistance)

That’s still not the same as being out on the field with team mates running sprints which is why I said he would be playing catch up.

Taylor has said that he’s still able to do his weight training he’s going to come back a beast.

I’d put good money on it that you will see him jogging in 2 weeks doing minimal throwing work and then the last 2 weeks 10 days before the browns he will be full blast.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - PDub80 - 08-01-2023

(08-01-2023, 05:11 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: It was reported he was walking without a limp yesterday

Oh, for sure. I bet he's already through the worse part as far as the shock of it all. A grade 1 isn't really that awful, but it hurts. I think the danger is going to be in the explosive movements too soon. He strained it, I partially tore mine. Healing time and pain are way different.

Not sure how a stationary bike would be, or if would honestly do much without resistance anyway. I'm sure they're babyong the 1/2 Billion $ Man

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Sled21 - 08-02-2023

(08-01-2023, 11:43 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Oh, man, buddy.... I think you're off on that from personal experience. I had a grade 2-3 calf strain from tennis and it hurt BAD to even put on a shoe for the first day or two. I could walk, but slowly. And it got better in time, but still uncomfortable the first week.

This is why they have swimming pools. Joe can keep his cardio by swimming or running on the underwater treadmill.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - wanga - 08-02-2023

He’ll be doing balance and strengthening exercise and hitting the pool for a while. That’ll keep his cardio up nicely.
I doubt he’ll see the field again within a month.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-02-2023

(08-01-2023, 05:11 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: It was reported he was walking without a limp yesterday

Saw this yesterday, just fantastic news. Rock On

(08-02-2023, 08:08 AM)Sled21 Wrote: This is why they have swimming pools. Joe can keep his cardio by swimming or running on the underwater treadmill.

No doubt water cardio helps players from re-injuring themselves and keeps them in shape.

(08-02-2023, 06:28 PM)wanga Wrote: He’ll be doing balance and strengthening exercise and hitting the pool for a while. That’ll keep his cardio up nicely.
I doubt he’ll see the field again within a month.

Yep, just focus on the opener against the Stains.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - packerbacker - 08-02-2023

My thoughts and prayers are with Burrow for a fast full recovery in time for the season to start.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Tony - 08-05-2023

I'm starting to think there is more to this injury than wahts being said. Especially after Chases recent comments about not wanting Joe out there week 1..

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - TheCincinnatiKid - 08-05-2023

(08-05-2023, 01:24 PM)Tony Wrote: I'm starting to think there is more to this injury than wahts being said. Especially after Chases recent comments about not wanting Joe out there week 1..

I'm not concerned about that, it's exactly the kind of thing I'd say if I was on the Bengals. We go as far as Burrow can take us, and it's imperative we let him rest up fully so he can not risk further aggravation. If it means he misses Week 1 or the first couple or whatever, then that's worth the payoff of keeping him healthy. Certainly got faith this roster could get past a slow start if needed. No point rushing Burrow out for Week 1 (especially since we're horribad in Cleveland even with him!).

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - reuben.ahmed - 08-05-2023

(08-05-2023, 06:53 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I'm not concerned about that, it's exactly the kind of thing I'd say if I was on the Bengals. We go as far as Burrow can take us, and it's imperative we let him rest up fully so he can not risk further aggravation. If it means he misses Week 1 or the first couple or whatever, then that's worth the payoff of keeping him healthy. Certainly got faith this roster could get past a slow start if needed. No point rushing Burrow out for Week 1 (especially since we're horribad in Cleveland even with him!).

Chase said he wants him back week 5 or after week 5 lol

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - WeezyBengal - 08-05-2023

(08-05-2023, 01:24 PM)Tony Wrote: I'm starting to think there is more to this injury than wahts being said. Especially after Chases recent comments about not wanting Joe out there week 1..

Na. No one seems to concerned. 

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - NotBigzo - 08-05-2023

Commence the onion peeling.

We’re on layer 2 and will hear about a mid season start before kickoff

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - 2MinutesHate - 08-06-2023

I'd like to see Wentz or Ryan brought in. No sense going to the bottom of the North while we wait for this strain to eventually heal. Sounds like Jamar thinks it's more like a tear. Wentz or Ryan would likely do quite well with the weapons we have.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Bengalstripes9 - 08-06-2023

I'm not worried. We need Joe for the playoffs. That's over 5 months from now. We're solid as long as he doesn't get hurt further.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 08-06-2023

(08-05-2023, 10:17 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Commence the onion peeling.

We’re on layer 2 and will hear about a mid season start before kickoff

Chase doesn’t want Burtow to play Week 1 if he isn’t 100% so it doesn’t affect him late in the season during a probable playoff run. Because you don’t want a Mike Trout situation when he came back when he felt about 90% better, re-injured it, went back to square one of his rehab, then was shut down for the season.

I can only imagine how you would react to getting a paper cut.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - TheCincinnatiKid - 08-06-2023

(08-05-2023, 08:38 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Chase said he wants him back week 5 or after week 5 lol

Chase said as long as he's back by Week 5 we're good. I'd be a little concerned with an 0-4 start(!) but the point is the same, we'd surely rather make sure Burrow is good to go than rush him back.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Essex Johnson - 08-06-2023

(08-06-2023, 10:08 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Chase said as long as he's back by Week 5 we're good. I'd be a little concerned with an 0-4 start(!) but the point is the same, we'd surely rather make sure Burrow is good to go than rush him back.

We overcame 0-2 but history is not on even very good teams sides when it comes to start just 0-2 and with first two games in division and one of those at home with Ravens, that really would put us back going 0-2.   I really don;t see burrow missing 5 games, but again history still does not bode well going 0-2 especially with two losses in your division. 

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - TKUHL - 08-06-2023

It’s still just a calf strain right?

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - TKUHL - 08-06-2023

Then again we did have a player with a career ending bone bruise.