Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: 150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building (/Thread-150-Armed-Militia-Members-Take-Over-Federal-Building)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: 150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building - bfine32 - 01-29-2016

(01-29-2016, 11:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So you would let  terrorists get his weapon in his hand instead of doing it yourself?  You know zero about law enforcement tactics.  that is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.

I'll see if I can get you to guest speak the next time we have a synposim on TTPs when dealing with those that may have rigged themselves to explode.

But you are correct; I know zero about law enforcement tactics, my area of expertize comes in dealing with terrorists

RE: 150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building - Rotobeast - 01-29-2016

(01-29-2016, 11:38 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm looking and it seems like no news source can say who said that, just that it spread on social media. Likely someone went with the "shot with his hands up" lie and just embellished it on social media and others picked up on it. 

The new rumor being spread is that he was shot, went for his gun, then was finished off.

I don't buy it, but yeah... that's social media for you.

(01-29-2016, 11:34 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Here's the thing.  If you work in a certain profession you have more knowledge about it then someone who does not.  I can state, without a doubt, that your scenario did not occur as it would be in direct contradiction to normal tactics and everything you're taught as an LEO.  It's analogous to hiking the ball to the QB and then the QB stands there, hands the ball to the nearest defender and then the whole team watches while the defender scores a TD.  It just isn't done.

You follow the proceedures that you are taught and I will follow mine.

WTS, even after years of battle drill I could not say with 100% certainty that everyone would follow their training to the letter when faced with the real world situation; as I have seen examples of those that did not.

RE: 150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 01-29-2016

(01-29-2016, 11:49 AM)bfine32 Wrote: You follow the proceedures that you are taught and I will follow mine.

WTS, even after years of battle drill I could not say with 100% certainty that everyone would follow their training to the letter when faced with the real world situation; as I have seen examples of those that did not.

To be sure and a fair point.  But the most basic fundamentals are not easily overlooked.  

RE: 150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building - fredtoast - 01-29-2016

(01-29-2016, 11:46 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll see if I can get you to guest speak the next time we have a synposim on TTPs when dealing with those that may have rigged themselves to explode.

But you are correct; I know zero about law enforcement tactics, my area of expertize comes in dealing with terrorists

When have you ever dealt with a terrorists?

What kind of job do you have?

Name the last symposium you attended on TTPs.  Did they teach you to let the terrorists take off the vest himself?

RE: 150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building - michaelsean - 01-29-2016

(01-29-2016, 11:55 AM)fredtoast Wrote: When have you ever dealt with a terrorists?

What kind of job do you have?

Name the last symposium you attended on TTPs.  Did they teach you to let the terrorists take off the vest himself?

Well if it's anything like trying to take a bra off, I would.

RE: 150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 01-29-2016

(01-29-2016, 11:57 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Well if it's anything like trying to take a bra off, I would.

C'mon dude. I can get a bra off a woman with one hand, either hand.  Do you lack motivation?  Ninja

RE: 150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building - fredtoast - 01-29-2016

(01-29-2016, 11:57 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Well if it's anything like trying to take a bra off, I would.

Right, because their is no chance that a SUICIDE bomber would set if off instead of removing it.  Just like there is no chance he would shoot anyone if you let him get his weapion in his hand the way Bfine was trained to do.

RE: 150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building - michaelsean - 01-29-2016

(01-29-2016, 12:03 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: C'mon dude. I can get a bra off a woman with one hand, either hand.  Do you lack motivation?  Ninja

I'm at a disadvantage to you.  My sister wouldn't let me practice on her.

(01-29-2016, 12:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Right, because their is no chance that a SUICIDE bomber would set if off instead of removing it.  Just like there is no chance he would shoot anyone if you let him get his weapion in his hand the way Bfine was trained to do.

Of course there's a chance a SUICIDE bomber would set it off instead of removing it. That is why we don't remove it; as it can be rigged. We place something between us and the suspect (hopefully our vehicle). This is open source knowledge and I suppose my last synposim on the subject would be the annual Armor Conference.

Do me a favor, if you ever suspect someone of being a terrorist and are tasked with disaarming him/her do not have them simply lie on the ground while you move up and disarm them. because if you do someone will most likely be writing a letter to your next of kin.

There are subjects, of which, I will entertain your silly views; however, this is not one of them.

(01-29-2016, 12:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Right, because their is no chance that a SUICIDE bomber would set if off instead of removing it.  Just like there is no chance he would shoot anyone if you let him get his weapion in his hand the way Bfine was trained to do.

Ummmm....OK.

(01-29-2016, 12:16 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm at a disadvantage to you.  My sister wouldn't let me practice on her.

You're the one that lives close to Kentucky, not me.   Wink

(01-29-2016, 12:16 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm at a disadvantage to you.  My sister wouldn't let me practice on her.

She lets me.

(01-29-2016, 12:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Do me a favor, if you ever suspect someone of being a terrorist and are tasked with disaarming him/her do not have them simply lie on the ground while you move up and disarm them. because if you do someone will most likely be writing a letter to your next of kin.

Right because you are much more likely to get shot by a gun in a waistband than a gun in the hand of a terrorists.

(01-29-2016, 12:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  I suppose my last synposim on the subject would be the annual Armor Conference.

What is an "armor conference"?  Where was it?  Why were you there?

(01-29-2016, 12:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Right because you are much more likely to get shot by a gun in a waistband than a gun in the hand of a terrorists.

No you're not, but you are more likely to get blown up by disarming him/her yourself.

We are talking about terrorists right; not just citizens that you assume not to be rigged?

Because if we are talking about a simple domestic arrest I will yeild to the experts. If we are talking about dealing with terrorists I will yeild to my lessons learned. in either case I do not yeild to your 'expertize'.

(01-29-2016, 12:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What is an "armor conference"?  Where was it?  Why were you there?

[Image: th?id=OIP.M33507607734a4c3a3959919b1e86e...=288&h=163]

Do you what me to approach protocal and see if I can get you an hour to speak on how to neutralize a suspected terrorist?

RE: 150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building - GMDino - 01-29-2016

(01-29-2016, 12:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No you're not, but you are more likely to get blown up by disarming him/her yourself.

We are talking about terrorists right; not just citizens that you assume not to be rigged?

Because if we are talking about a simple domestic arrest I will yeild to the experts. If we are talking about dealing with terrorists I will yeild to my lessons learned. in either case I do not yeild to your 'expertize'.

So we are going to limit "terrorist" to folks who could possibly be rigged to blow up now?

(01-29-2016, 12:28 PM)GMDino Wrote: So we are going to limit "terrorist" to folks who could possibly be rigged to blow up now?

Nope, but it is a known trend and one I would recommend you and others keep in mind if ever faced with a situation that requires disarming a suspected terrorist.

(01-29-2016, 12:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: th?id=OIP.M33507607734a4c3a3959919b1e86e...=288&h=163]

Do you what me to approach protocal and see if I can get you an hour to speak on how to neutralize a suspected terrorist?

I googled it and got nothing.  Anyone who does not believe me can try it for themself?

Why so secret about his?  I assumed you would be proud to post your qaulifications the way you were crowing about them earlier.  Why brag about something then try to hide the truth?