Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Virginia being overrun by El Salvadorans and MS-13 - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Virginia being overrun by El Salvadorans and MS-13 (/Thread-Virginia-being-overrun-by-El-Salvadorans-and-MS-13)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Virginia being overrun by El Salvadorans and MS-13 - StLucieBengal - 07-27-2015

(07-27-2015, 06:17 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Dang, hopefully it works later. They're not neutral, but they do a pretty good job at making a number of the opposition side not look like douches. Most of the council people and some of the Save Manassas members. LOL, some of them, though, do a pretty good job at making themselves look awful. My kids always laugh at the old guy who goes "it's an INVAAAAASSIION" and sounds like he is going to cry.

It ends with an Obama rally right before election day 2008, which is kinda funny since he has deported a ton of people.

Yeah I noticed they are pretty pro immigrant. But I think that's the easy position because no one wants to be accused of ripping a family apart. But its practical to continue not doing anything about it.

Really shutting down the flow of all immigrants or only accepting a very small number for about 10 years would allow us to sort this mess out. Nothing is perfect but we can't just allow it to go as it is nor can we just give everyone amnesty.

RE: Virginia being overrun by El Salvadorans and MS-13 - StLucieBengal - 07-27-2015

(07-27-2015, 06:59 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The price of chicken and turkey would skyrocket if they raided around here. All of the plants would have to shut down.

Haha yeah I bet. But those business shouldn't be doing illegal things. Plus we have enough people unemployed to sort that out. It would sting at first but would even out in a month or three.

(07-27-2015, 07:09 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I don't know how many times it has to be said around here, but simply rounding up all the illegals and deporting them would easily be among the worst things that could happen to our country.

It worked for Eisenhower. And the labour unions supported. It's a not nice approach for sure but you can't just dismiss it either. It's shown to work.

(07-27-2015, 07:14 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: A lot of restaurants would shut down too. Mellow

Distributors would be running around like madmen looking for birds ... I don't think it would hurt too long.

I really like the way australia handles immigration. They do a good job at protecting their people and upgrading the quality with immigration. They are doing things right. And they handle refugees the right way.

RE: Virginia being overrun by El Salvadorans and MS-13 - BmorePat87 - 07-27-2015

(07-27-2015, 08:10 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah I noticed they are pretty pro immigrant.  But I think that's the easy position because no one wants to be accused of ripping a family apart.    But its practical to continue not doing anything about it.    

Really shutting down the flow of all immigrants or only accepting a very small number for about 10 years would allow us to sort this mess out.   Nothing is perfect but we can't just allow it to go as it is nor can we just give everyone amnesty.

Well the issue at hand is the mandate for cops to question anyone they suspect about their immigration status. There's a large legal immigrant population there too that was being harassed and the chief of police didn't want to have to hire new cops just to enforce the mandate nor did he have the money to enforce it. He was worried about his cops, who had a good relationship with the immigrant community, being accused of discrimination.

Spoiler alert: Help Save Manassas starts going after the chief suggesting he committed treason when he meets with a Mexican diplomat/official to discuss the concerns of the county, so half the group defects in protest of their attacks on him. 

RE: Virginia being overrun by El Salvadorans and MS-13 - Belsnickel - 07-27-2015

(07-27-2015, 08:12 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Haha yeah I bet. But those business shouldn't be doing illegal things. Plus we have enough people unemployed to sort that out. It would sting at first but would even out in a month or three.

That's a nice thought, but these places are always hiring. I know people that have been absolutely desperate for work and still refuse to work in those plants. I mean, yeah, they stink and you come home smelling of the slaughter every day. But it's a job, and not a bad paying one. They still won't work them, though.

RE: Virginia being overrun by El Salvadorans and MS-13 - RICHMONDBENGAL_07 - 07-27-2015

(07-27-2015, 08:16 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Distributors would be running around like madmen looking for birds ... I don't think it would hurt too long.

Well like Matt pointed out with the poultry plants, restaurants are already a revolving door as it is.  Can't imagine turning off the tap.

RE: Virginia being overrun by El Salvadorans and MS-13 - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 07-27-2015

As much as I hate to feed our resident shit stirrer I have to say this has been a problem in LA for some time. MS is knowingly taking advantage of the loose asylum laws for minors. What they do is send an MS member under eighteen, with a family member in the US (often times a fake family member in the US), to the border where they claim their life was threatened by gangs back home. As has been pointed out a lot of these kids are from El Salvador. Once they get placed with their "family member" sponsor these kids go to work for MS. We've had several "asylum seekers" get arrested for numerous (six plus) weapons and gang related offenses within months, if not weeks, of their arrival. To the point that we've completely suspended, unofficially, our policy of not reporting minor's to ICE.

The bright side is, while the initial violence is certainly unsettling, MS is not a sophisticated operation. They're a sledge hammer with no subtlety, they're used to operating with impunity in a country within which they can intimidate anyone. That shit doesn't fly here so the upshot is that it's a temporary problem. There's already talk of instant revocation of asylum seeker status for anyone arrested or cited for a gang related offense. Loopholes will always exist, it's simply about closing them expeditiously. In this case the process has already begun.

(07-27-2015, 09:02 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Well the issue at hand is the mandate for cops to question anyone they suspect about their immigration status. There's a large legal immigrant population there too that was being harassed and the chief of police didn't want to have to hire new cops just to enforce the mandate nor did he have the money to enforce it. He was worried about his cops, who had a good relationship with the immigrant community, being accused of discrimination.

Spoiler alert: Help Save Manassas starts going after the chief suggesting he committed treason when he meets with a Mexican diplomat/official to discuss the concerns of the county, so half the group defects in protest of their attacks on him. 

Yeah I can see where it was going.. I am gonna try and fire it back up. Thanks for sharing he link. I am enjoying it.... Hopefully will be able to finish.

When I am in belarus I am often asked for my papers as soon as they hear me speak. So I know how it feels but then again I don't mind showing them. It's takes a couple minutes and we are moving on.... I think people here can endure the same.

Now saying that ....We need to detain illegals and ship them and their families out. It's the follow through that annoys me.

(07-27-2015, 10:38 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: As much as I hate to feed our resident shit stirrer I have to say this has been a problem in LA for some time.  MS is knowingly taking advantage of the loose asylum laws for minors.  What they do is send an MS member under eighteen, with a family member in the US (often times a fake family member in the US), to the border where they claim their life was threatened by gangs back home.  As has been pointed out a lot of these kids are from El Salvador.  Once they get placed with their "family member" sponsor these kids go to work for MS.  We've had several "asylum seekers" get arrested for numerous (six plus) weapons and gang related offenses within months, if not weeks, of their arrival.  To the point that we've completely suspended, unofficially, our policy of not reporting minor's to ICE.

The bright side is, while the initial violence is certainly unsettling, MS is not a sophisticated operation.  They're a sledge hammer with no subtlety, they're used to operating with impunity in a country within which they can intimidate anyone.  That shit doesn't fly here so the upshot is that it's a temporary problem.  There's already talk of instant revocation of asylum seeker status for anyone arrested or cited for a gang related offense.  Loopholes will always exist, it's simply about closing them expeditiously.  In this case the process has already begun.

Their biggest weapon is the fact they will do whatever the most gruesome show of violence possible.

RE: Virginia being overrun by El Salvadorans and MS-13 - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 07-27-2015

(07-27-2015, 11:07 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Their biggest weapon is the fact they will do whatever the most gruesome show of violence possible.

I believe I already mentioned that in my post.  This is not an advantage in a country like the United States.

(07-27-2015, 11:10 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I believe I already mentioned that in my post.  This is not an advantage in a country like the United States.

I know... Police have their hands full but in these cases I am glad our police are aggressive.

RE: Virginia being overrun by El Salvadorans and MS-13 - Mike M (the other one) - 07-28-2015

(07-27-2015, 07:09 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I don't know how many times it has to be said around here, but simply rounding up all the illegals and deporting them would easily be among the worst things that could happen to our country.

False assessment.

Try to target the ones that have committed crimes here or in their home countries. If people aren't committing crimes and doing bad things, then there should be a way for them to become legal USC's, however, we need to figure out how to take care of them and get laws in place for them.

RE: Virginia being overrun by El Salvadorans and MS-13 - StLucieBengal - 07-29-2015

This worked well. 2 years of this and we can get things sorted out.

RE: Virginia being overrun by El Salvadorans and MS-13 - CKwi88 - 07-29-2015

(07-29-2015, 12:59 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This worked well.    2 years of this and we can get things sorted out.  

True, if you consider a program doing nothing to secure the border, nothing to curb illegal immigration, in cases violated the constitution, and resulted in the tearing apart of families and even deaths of the removed immigrants as "working well," yeah, it was a real A+. 

(07-28-2015, 06:54 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: False assessment.

Try to target the ones that have committed crimes here or in their home countries. If people aren't committing crimes and doing bad things, then there should be a way for them to become legal USC's, however, we need to figure out how to take care of them and get laws in place for them.

Not sure what you mean by false assessment. We have a clear advocate of a gestapo-esque force that has the authority to stop anyone and request proof of legal residence in the US (something that natives don't carry around.) and kick them out. 

Couldn't agree more on deporting/not letting in those who commit crimes (depending on what crimes we're talking about)

RE: Virginia being overrun by El Salvadorans and MS-13 - StLucieBengal - 07-29-2015

(07-29-2015, 02:22 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: True, if you consider a program doing nothing to secure the border, nothing to curb illegal immigration, in cases violated the constitution, and resulted in the tearing apart of families and even deaths of the removed immigrants as "working well," yeah, it was a real A+. 

How did it violate the constitution? illegals are not United States Citizens. And we tear families apart when they break the law any other time.

Why is it different when it's illegal immigrants? Laws are laws . If i violate the law they will put me in jail and tear my family apart.

(07-29-2015, 03:00 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: How did it violate the constitution?  illegals are not United States Citizens.     And we tear families apart when they break the law any other time.    

Why is it different when it's illegal immigrants?  Laws are laws .  If i violate the law they will put me in jail and tear my family apart.

Deporting US citizens to a foreign country (in this case the children of the deported people being deported along with them) goes against the 14th amendment. 

If you can't see the difference between you breaking a law and going to jail and those immigrants being apprehended, given no opportunity to contact their families, and being dumped in an unfamiliar place without food or resources, god help you.

(07-29-2015, 09:02 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Deporting US citizens to a foreign country (in this case the children of the deported people being deported along with them) goes against the 14th amendment. 

If you can't see the difference between you breaking a law and going to jail and those immigrants being apprehended, given no opportunity to contact their families, and being dumped in an unfamiliar place without food or resources, god help you.

Children need guardians So they go with parents and come back when their of age. or toss them into an orphanage. But I think they are better off back with the parents in Mexico. Then they can come back when they are of age. Or their parents can apply for citizenship like anyone else in the world.

Anchor babies should not give anyone an advantage to being a citizen.