Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Trump disinvited Eagles to the White House - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Trump disinvited Eagles to the White House (/Thread-Trump-disinvited-Eagles-to-the-White-House)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Trump disinvited Eagles to the White House - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-05-2018

(06-05-2018, 12:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I suppose...I just find it interesting that this sort of thing doesn't happen until we make Donald Trump president.  Do you really think SB teams visiting the WH is done for good?  I assume it will be back as soon as Trump is out of office, but time will tell.  I'm just saying it's hard to separate society's blame from Trump's blame on this one.

Trump certainly pushed the polarization to even further extremes, for which he deserves blame.  The reaction to Trump has been almost equally (in some cases precisely equal) polarizing.  Will it snap back to previous levels once Trump is no longer POTUS?  It's possible, but we may have reached a point of no return.  I think we're going to need a superior candidate, from either party, that is actually able to unite people across party lines.  The difficulty in finding this person is that both parties are more concerned about ideological purity then they are about the welfare of the United States.

RE: Trump disinvited Eagles to the White House - Nately120 - 06-05-2018

(06-05-2018, 12:52 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Trump certainly pushed the polarization to even further extremes, for which he deserves blame.  The reaction to Trump has been almost equally (in some cases precisely equal) polarizing.  Will it snap back to previous levels once Trump is no longer POTUS?  It's possible, but we may have reached a point of no return.  I think we're going to need a superior candidate, from either party, that is actually able to unite people across party lines.  The difficulty in finding this person is that both parties are more concerned about ideological purity then they are about the welfare of the United States.

I hear ya, I just think we went from electing people who care more about their side than the welfare of the country to electing a guy who cares more about himself than the welfare of the country, is all.  Maybe if Trump owned Pepsi and as soon as he got elected he started telling everyone how much Coke hates America his agenda wouldn't be too subtle for the average American to grasp.

Other presidents were politicians.  In 2016 we decided that we hated politicians so much that we elected a guy who bragged about the fact that he had no experience nor interest in being a politician.  It's possible that the 2020 and 2024 elections and onward are centered around debates where both candidates brag up how little they resemble actual politicians.  Anyways, like a business Trump is out for Trump, not anyone else, so even showing paper-thin political courtesies for the sake of "his party" are off the table, it seems.

RE: Trump disinvited Eagles to the White House - fredtoast - 06-05-2018

Trump also says that teams staying in the locker room is just as disrespectful as kneeling during the anthem. Does not accept the NFL's new rule that allows that option.

RE: Trump disinvited Eagles to the White House - jj22 - 06-05-2018

People are slowly but surely seeing Trump for what he is. Lying about the Eagles players kneeling when none of them did during the regular season, only adds to the growing conclusion that he is unfit for office.

RE: Trump disinvited Eagles to the White House - Nebuchadnezzar - 06-05-2018

So, I just heard on NFLN that 1 maybe 2 players were going to show up at the White House. Trump heard this and, speculation on my part said, "Just cancel it" and it was canceled.

Sounds like the players are being petty but I'm sure those on the left who hate Trump and the country will bust out with "TRUUUUUUMP", lol.

Such foolishness these days.

RE: Trump disinvited Eagles to the White House - bfine32 - 06-05-2018

(06-05-2018, 05:18 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: So, I just heard on NFLN that 1 maybe 2 players were going to show up at the White House. Trump heard this and, speculation on my part said, "Just cancel it" and it was canceled.

Sounds like the players are being petty but I'm sure those on the left who hate Trump and the country will bust out with "TRUUUUUUMP", lol.

And I heard they stated about 81 players and coaches would be there when the arrangements were first made, then Philly called to reschedule but unfortunately POTUS was to be out of country on that day, so Philly said we got about 5 players we'll send. 

As I said it's a shame that those that wanted to come did not get the opportunity, but you give me a name of a poster in this forum and I'll tell who they "blame". 

My opinion is we once decided it necessary to have separation of Church and State. It may now be time for separation of Entertainment and State. 

(06-05-2018, 05:18 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: So, I just heard on NFLN that 1 maybe 2 players were going to show up at the White House. Trump heard this and, speculation on my part said, "Just cancel it" and it was canceled.

And I heard they stated about 81 players and coaches would be there when the arrangements were first made, then Philly called to reschedule but unfortunately POTUS was to be out of country on that day, so Philly said we got about 5 players we'll send. 

As I said it's a shame that those that wanted to come did not get the opportunity, but you give me a name of a poster in this forum and I'll tell who they "blame". 

My opinion is we once had separation of Church and State. It may now be time for separation of Entertainment and State. 

RE: Trump disinvited Eagles to the White House - Millhouse - 06-05-2018

(06-05-2018, 04:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Trump also says that teams staying in the locker room is just as disrespectful as kneeling during the anthem.  Does not accept the NFL's new rule that allows that option.

So all the teams that were in the locker room prior to 2009 must have been disrespectful then. Yet no one complained or even noticed from what I remember. Funny how 2 people have made standing as big of a deal than it ever used to be.

(06-05-2018, 05:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It may now be time for separation of Entertainment and State. 

Sounds like someone hopes Trump doesn't seek a second term!

(06-05-2018, 05:18 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Sounds like the players are being petty but I'm sure those on the left who hate Trump and the country will bust out with "TRUUUUUUMP", lol.

Agreed.  I honestly think the left-wing would be complaining about everything any Republican president does, even if he didn't happen to spend the last 30+ years and the entire campaign cycle being a giant d-bag.

RE: Trump disinvited Eagles to the White House - J24 - 06-05-2018

To me Trump could make a better effort of reaching out to the players and the players could do a lot better job of keeping an open mind to Trump. At some point both sides of the Argument need to learn that being against each other this much isn't helping anyone out and is Just creating a bigger divide in this country. like time just stopped the day of the election and know one can get over it.

(06-05-2018, 09:08 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: To me Trump could make a better effort of reaching out to the players and the players could do a lot better job of keeping an open mind to Trump. At some point both sides of the Argument need to learn that being against each other this much isn't helping anyone out and is Just creating a bigger divide in this country. like time just stopped the day of the election and know one can get over it.

It's almost like we put a guy in office that most people didn't want to be president, or something.  

(06-05-2018, 08:54 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Sounds like someone hopes Trump doesn't seek a second term!

It all depends on the competition. I could go with a moderate liberal over Trump; whomever, we get I hope they are a professional politician. Because there is no way we're putting this Genie back in the bottle

(06-05-2018, 09:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's almost like we put a guy in office that most people didn't want to be president, or something.  

Most people didn't vote for any candidate, 

(06-05-2018, 09:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Most people didn't vote for any candidate, 

I'd normally get on people for that, but I can't, with a good conscience, blame anyone who doesn't want to endorse Trump or Hillary for president.  I voted for Johnson, so how much of a non-vote that was is up to you.

Any other presidential election and I'd encourage people to vote. This? Ugh, this matchup is so bad it's like giving someone a hard time for going to bed early instead of watching a Thursday night game between the Browns and the Chargers, or something.

(06-05-2018, 09:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'd normally get on people for that, but I can't, with a good conscience, blame anyone who doesn't want to endorse Trump or Hillary for president.  I voted for Johnson, so how much of a non-vote that was is up to you.

Any other presidential election and I'd encourage people to vote.  This?  Ugh, this matchup is so bad it's like giving someone a hard time for going to bed early instead of watching a Thursday night game between the Browns and the Chargers, or something.

..and I voted for McLovin McMullin. Word is my boy is going to try again in 2020. 

(06-05-2018, 09:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ..and I voted for McLovin McMullin. Word is my boy is going to try again in 2020. 

Hmm, the guy is unmarried and bald...I don't fancy his chances.

RE: Trump disinvited Eagles to the White House - hollodero - 06-05-2018

(06-05-2018, 09:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It all depends on the competition. I could go with a moderate liberal over Trump;

I find that comforting.

RE: Trump disinvited Eagles to the White House - HarleyDog - 06-05-2018

(06-05-2018, 12:52 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Trump certainly pushed the polarization to even further extremes, for which he deserves blame.  The reaction to Trump has been almost equally (in some cases precisely equal) polarizing.  Will it snap back to previous levels once Trump is no longer POTUS?  It's possible, but we may have reached a point of no return.  I think we're going to need a superior candidate, from either party, that is actually able to unite people across party lines.  The difficulty in finding this person is that both parties are more concerned about ideological purity then they are about the welfare of the United States.

Unfortunately you’re right. Trump fumbled this one. But I think in the bigger picture, I could state my reasons why I’m glad he is president and the changes that have been made but in this forum, thats equal to jumping off a cliff.

I assume many people outside this board care less about sports which is why this will go away. Hell, most people already forgot who won the SB because many just watched because their spouse was a fan or they were interested in those famous SB commercials.

I think Trump revived American politics. I feel politicians started thinking citizens were asleep and could pretty much do what they wanted. He kinda shook that up. So, hopefully, this brings back a political view of working for the people and their best interests instead of all the other shananigans we’ve been used to for several years. Honestly, as a taxpayer and worker, for years I have felt disrespected and taken advantage of.

Trump making it in office let me know that many others were feeling the same.

RE: Trump disinvited Eagles to the White House - RICHMONDBENGAL_07 - 06-06-2018

(06-05-2018, 09:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It all depends on the competition. I could go with a moderate liberal over Trump; whomever, we get I hope they are a professional politician. Because there is no way we're putting this Genie back in the bottle

This is one thing we can agree on. I could go with a moderate conservative over Trump.  I know many distrust politicians, as do I, but I do think most are good people.  Moderates are the way to go IMO.  Many on my left may disagree...baby steps.

RE: Trump disinvited Eagles to the White House - Dill - 06-06-2018

(06-05-2018, 10:18 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think Trump revived American politics. I feel politicians started thinking citizens were asleep and could pretty much do what they wanted. He kinda shook that up. So, hopefully, this brings back a political view of working for the people and their best interests instead of all the other shananigans we’ve been used to for several years. Honestly, as a taxpayer and worker, for years I have felt disrespected and taken advantage of.

Trump making it in office let me know that many others were feeling the same.

Just curious--what past behaviors or policies made you feel disrespected and taken advantage of?

And are you saying that now, under Trump, you are respected and no longer taken advantage of?