Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Ben Carson might be an idiot - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Ben Carson might be an idiot (/Thread-Ben-Carson-might-be-an-idiot)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Ben Carson might be an idiot - GodHatesBengals - 10-10-2015

(10-10-2015, 06:47 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Yeah, in a way this is maybe to be expected when you have an honest, intelligent guy trying to navigate political waters.  Contrast that with Trump who is clearly a practiced, sincere liar.  If Carson adopted the "I don't give a shit" attitude and just spoke his real beliefs then he might be a much more viable candidate.

As it stands, we have one guy who may be a real idiot and another who's trying to be relatable by imitating an idiot....eventually it will all shake out to a choice between the failed CEO and the right's version of a savior in Marco Rubio.

He may be imitating in some ways, but his creationism seems pretty authentic to me. It's tragic that somebody who is good at brain surgery apparently slept (or prayed) through his evolutionary biology class.

RE: Ben Carson might be an idiot - JustWinBaby - 10-10-2015

(10-10-2015, 07:38 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: He may be imitating in some ways, but his creationism seems pretty authentic to me. It's tragic that somebody who is good at brain surgery apparently slept (or prayed) through his evolutionary biology class.

No, he's pandering again.  It's obvious if you compare him giving a neurosurgery lecture vs. off-the-cuff on creationism...the latter being over-the-top hyperbole that he may believe with respect to faith, but can't articulate as a matter of logic.  His many foot-in-mouth moments are exactly what you expect from someone who doesn't really believe what they're saying.  That's true of most politicians, he's just far less polished and practiced.

I just think he's a Christain conservative, but far more moderate than the one he is portraying trying to win an election.  Don't mistake that as any sort of endorsement - he's just one of many trying to play politician, and doing it comparatively badly. The fact he's polling anywhere above 0 just shows you how dumb the average voter is. And before that gets you all giddy, just wait until Kanye runs in 2020 (he'll do at least as well as Trump).

(10-10-2015, 08:41 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: No, he's pandering again.  It's obvious if you compare him giving a neurosurgery lecture vs. off-the-cuff on creationism...the latter being over-the-top hyperbole that he may believe with respect to faith, but can't articulate as a matter of logic.  His many foot-in-mouth moments are exactly what you expect from someone who doesn't really believe what they're saying.  That's true of most politicians, he's just far less polished and practiced.

I just think he's a Christain conservative, but far more moderate than the one he is portraying trying to win an election.  Don't mistake that as any sort of endorsement - he's just one of many trying to play politician, and doing it comparatively badly.  The fact he's polling anywhere above 0 just shows you how dumb the average voter is.  And before that gets you all giddy, just wait until Kanye runs in 2020 (he'll do at least as well as Trump).

Who was he pandering to when he defended creationism all the way back in 2006 in a debate with several others?

Na. The guy's a true-blue, Kent Hovind style creationist, and of course he can't "articulate it as a matter of logic" because creationism cannot be articulated logically. It requires, as a rule, the misapplication of certain scientific laws, the complete denial of others, and a constant appeal to ignorance, to name just a few.

RE: Ben Carson might be an idiot - BmorePat87 - 10-10-2015

I understand that Trump and Fiorina suggest that their business experience rivals actual government experience, but what exactly is it that Carson brings to the table? What qualifies him to be president besides being over the age of 35, a natural born citizen, and a resident for over 14 years? Will Smith meets that requirements but he isn't running for President.

I would just assume that someone coming with absolutely no experience related to the ultimate job in this country would at least attempt to show some sort of wisdom or understanding of our government when they talk. Instead, he goes around talking about how having guns taken away is more devastating than seeing numerous dead bodies with bullet holes, suggesting the victims didn't do the right thing when the gunman stormed their class, or saying that Hitler would have failed with the Holocaust if he didn't disarm Jews in Germany...

RE: Ben Carson might be an idiot - Blutarsky - 10-10-2015

(10-10-2015, 09:58 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: What qualifies him to be president besides being over the age of 35, a natural born citizen, and a resident for over 14 years? Will Smith meets that requirements but he isn't running for President.

That's it.

Will Smith meets the qualifications. So do you.

RE: Ben Carson might be an idiot - Blutarsky - 10-10-2015

Yeah, Carsons a real dummy...

Run Joe Run!!!

[Image: SJoe_Biden_goof.jpg]

upload photo

RE: Ben Carson might be an idiot - GMDino - 10-10-2015

(10-10-2015, 09:58 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I understand that Trump and Fiorina suggest that their business experience rivals actual government experience, but what exactly is it that Carson brings to the table? What qualifies him to be president besides being over the age of 35, a natural born citizen, and a resident for over 14 years? Will Smith meets that requirements but he isn't running for President.

I would just assume that someone coming with absolutely no experience related to the ultimate job in this country would at least attempt to show some sort of wisdom or understanding of our government when they talk. Instead, he goes around talking about how having guns taken away is more devastating than seeing numerous dead bodies with bullet holes, suggesting the victims didn't do the right thing when the gunman stormed their class, or saying that Hitler would have failed with the Holocaust if he didn't disarm Jews in Germany...

And to be clear just because he has no business experience doesn't mean (to me) that he can't / shouldn't run.  Its just that, as you said, he doesn't seem to bring ANYTHING to the table.

(10-10-2015, 10:16 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: Yeah, Carsons a real dummy...

Run Joe Run!!!
You could post 100 pictures of people you think are dumb...that won't make Carson any smarter.

(10-10-2015, 10:14 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: That's it.

Will Smith meets the qualifications. So do you.

No, I'm only 28. Though I have taught American Government for the last 5 years, so I may be more qualified to run for the House than he is. 

(10-10-2015, 10:22 AM)GMDino Wrote: And to be clear just because he has no business experience doesn't mean (to me) that he can't / shouldn't run.  Its just that, as you said, he doesn't seem to bring ANYTHING to the table.

You could post 100 pictures of people you think are dumb...that won't make Carson any smarter.

It's not just business. I pointed to that in Trump and Fiorina because that's the experience they're bringing. I'd be impressed with someone who had senior military experience. He just seems unqualified for anything other than Surgeon General or Secretary of HHS. 

RE: Ben Carson might be an idiot - West Union KennyG - 10-10-2015

(10-10-2015, 07:34 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: That makes three of you now who clearly planned to come to this thread and do exactly what I predicted in the post you quoted, rather than deal with the fact that every single one of this nutcase's political "positions" are horrifyingly dumb.

Lol... You're really not helping yourself at all here.  
I could easily point out two logical problems & stretch for a third you managed in just one sentence.  
And your intent was to talk about another person (a brain surgeon, no less!) being "horrifyingly dumb."  That's funny right there!

RE: Ben Carson might be an idiot - jmccracky - 10-10-2015

(10-10-2015, 02:47 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: That's like the Muslim/terrorist relationship... not all liberals are anti gun, but all anti gun people are liberals.

Ummmmmm......not all terrorists are Muslim. That's f'ed up man. lol Shocked

And I'm a freakin' Jew who speaks out against Muslim extremism.

(10-10-2015, 12:04 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: Lol... You're really not helping yourself at all here.  
I could easily point out two logical problems & stretch for a third you managed in just one sentence.  
And your intent was to talk about another person (a brain surgeon, no less!) being "horrifyingly dumb."  That's funny right there!

"Logical problems"? I don't remember announcing that I was engaging in formal logic in the post, but  since you deem yourself an expert in the field, perhaps you can identify the logical problem with the following:

Quote:GodHatesBengals
every single one of this nutcase's political "positions" are horrifyingly dumb.

Quote:West Union KennyG
your intent was to talk about another person (a brain surgeon, no less!) being "horrifyingly dumb."

I've bolded select portions of the quotes to help guide you along; I've had some (very limited) success in using that technique on you cons in the past.

If you're still struggling after a few tries, feel free to join bfine32, michael and the rest of the Bengalsboard clown car in the abyss of hopeless ignorance, because unfortunately, I only have so much patience when dealing with you people.

(10-10-2015, 01:13 PM)CharvelPlaya Wrote: Ummmmmm......not all terrorists are Muslim. That's f'ed up man. lol Shocked

And I'm a freakin' Jew who speaks out against Muslim extremism.

My friend, you're talking to a guy who cites Ann Coulter as a serious source when forming arguments. Might as well get used to him saying things that bear no relation to reality.

(10-10-2015, 02:47 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: That's like the Muslim/terrorist relationship... not all liberals are anti gun, but all anti gun people are liberals.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/US/01/06/muslim.radicalization.study/

(10-10-2015, 01:40 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: My friend, you're talking to a guy who cites Ann Coulter as a serious source when forming arguments. Might as well get used to him saying things that bear no relation to reality.

Thanks for the heads up. I bet he thinks that every white guy with a beard and a work truck is a conservative.

RE: Ben Carson might be an idiot - bfine32 - 10-10-2015

(10-10-2015, 03:43 PM)CharvelPlaya Wrote: Thanks for the heads up. I bet he thinks that every white guy with a beard and a work truck is a conservative.

Only if they actually use the truck for work...

(10-10-2015, 03:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Only if they actually use the truck for work...

LOL! ThumbsUp

RE: Ben Carson might be an idiot - West Union KennyG - 10-10-2015

(10-10-2015, 01:38 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: If you're still struggling after a few tries, feel free to join bfine32, michael and the rest of the Bengalsboard clown car in the abyss of hopeless ignorance, because unfortunately, I only have so much patience when dealing with you people.

I've been around long enough to realize engaging in serious discussion with your type (who completely missed what I wrote to you earlier and I now doubt you possess the mental fortitude to figure it out) is futile.  When you can't look back at your own sentence I previously pointed to and find anything wrong with it, blindly attack any criticism that comes your way without thinking about your own position, and continually dismiss arguments presented to you all over this board with ad hominem attacks, then as you're predictably rolling out your 'clown car' lines you can ponder if this a rebuke of you or your 'positions.'  Good luck w/ that!  You might want to practice some math in your spare time, as that may sharpen your mind some as you're really struggling here.  But I suspect you will quickly jump to linkage tactics of me with others you disagreed with, as that is what you do.

RE: Ben Carson might be an idiot - JustWinBaby - 10-10-2015

(10-10-2015, 08:55 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Who was he pandering to when he defended creationism all the way back in 2006 in a debate with several others?

He defended God as the creator, or he argued the earth was 6000 years old?

RE: Ben Carson might be an idiot - Rotobeast - 10-10-2015

(10-10-2015, 01:38 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: you people.

Gets me, every time. 
[Image: ELxNgow.jpg]