Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Project 2025 - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: Project 2025 (/Thread-Project-2025)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Project 2025 - Dill - 06-17-2024

(06-17-2024, 05:25 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: More quippery like belittling the intelligence of everyone who doesn't think like you?

On this thread "thinking like me" means addressing the substance of Project 2025.

As Sunset and Pally just did.

If people can't do that, can only fog up discussing with quips, then I don't mind publicly noting the inability.

That's not about "intelligence." It's about behavior and standards. And it doesn't somehow make me more smug 
than anyone who substitutes quips for substantive commentary and argument.

I'd be contributing to the fog if I continued responding to your one liners.  As I said before, post something
substantive about the Project 2025, and leave off commenting on others' character.  

Then you may get a response from me, otherwise not.

RE: Project 2025 - Mike M (the other one) - 06-17-2024

(06-17-2024, 03:56 PM)Dill Wrote: Sure, like that. Johnson's creation of Medicare would be like that too.

Only those involved a relatively small part of the government. And they had and kept a large degree of public support.

Well two points about that:

1. Most Americans now identify as pro choice. https://news.gallup.com/poll/393104/pro-choice-identification-rises-near-record-high.aspx 
But P 2025 wants to change the Dept. of HHS to the Department of Life, as in pro life. That doesn't seem like a swing towards the center.
That looks like a minority imposing its beliefs on the majority.

2. The current government only looks "far left" if one is standing on the extreme right. What I'm looking into now is the degree to
which the proposed changes align with the ideology of Christian Nationalism. There are even Trump supporters who might not
go along with that.

WFT Dude. Why are you complaining about that? Isn't that what the Left does to everyone else? 
Seriously, that's some bad bias showing thru with your comment. So it's only ok as long as it benefits your beliefs?  

RE: Project 2025 - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-17-2024

(06-17-2024, 05:56 PM)Dill Wrote: On this thread "thinking like me" means addressing the substance of Project 2025.

As Sunset and Pally just did.

If people can't do that, can only fog up discussing with quips, then I don't mind publicly noting the inability.

That's not about "intelligence." It's about behavior and standards. And it doesn't somehow make me more smug 
than anyone who substitutes quips for substantive commentary and argument.

I'd be contributing to the fog if I continued responding to your one liners.  As I said before, post something
substantive about the Project 2025, and leave off commenting on others' character.  

Then you may get a response from me, otherwise not.

I was just curious as to whether you were going to own your disparaging remarks about people who don't think the same way you do.  You've supplied the answer, and it is no.

(06-17-2024, 06:04 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: WFT Dude. Why are you complaining about that? Isn't that what the Left does to everyone else? 
Seriously, that's some bad bias showing thru with your comment. So it's only ok as long as it benefits your beliefs?  

Hi, you must be new here.

RE: Project 2025 - FormerlyBengalRugby - 06-17-2024

(06-17-2024, 10:30 AM)Dill Wrote: Unless all that info can be condensed into a Fox article, I don't think most Trump supporters are going to read it,
at least not the ones who are against "leftist extremism" and claim Biden failed to unite the country. 

Notice that they want a federal ban on interstate travel to abortion providers.  Texas and Florida appear to be the model for the nation. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: Project 2025 - Dill - 06-17-2024

(06-17-2024, 06:04 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Most Americans now identify as pro choice. https://news.gallup.com/poll/393104/pro-choice-identification-rises-near-record-high.aspx 

But P 2025 wants to change the Dept. of HHS to the Department of Life, as in pro life. That doesn't seem like a swing towards the center.
That looks like a minority imposing its beliefs on the majority.

WFT Dude. Why are you complaining about that? Isn't that what the Left does to everyone else? 

The bolded is up for question.  

What I call "the left" is a rather small minority in the US. with little power.  
It seems to me that you are using the term much as the fringe right has since the '50s, to include the center.
Remember when Robert Welch called President Eisenhower a card-carrying Communist?  

I just mentioned a poll which has 55% of Americans identifying as pro choice. I'm betting there are more who 
are pro-life, but will not support laws preventing people from traveling across state lines to get abortions.
That seems to me a CENTRIST position.  It is certainly a majority position. 

If Biden wins and abortion is not prohibited by federal law, I won't see that as "the left" imposing its beliefs on everyone else.
I'll see that as the democratic defeat of a minority belief by a majority of voters.

And right now, "the Left" as you define it, is all in for democracy. The Trump right is not. Their party leader is attempted the
greatest election fraud in US history and they still want him in charge of "election integrity." 

Project 2025 is very much the creation of a small and organized group of interconnected conservative scholars and think tanks.
They intend to reshape the executive as directly as the Federalist Society intended to reshape the Supreme Court. 

RE: Project 2025 - FormerlyBengalRugby - 06-17-2024

(06-17-2024, 07:46 PM)Dill Wrote: The bolded is up for question.  

It seems to me that you are using the term much as the fringe right has since the '50s, to include the center.
Remember when Robert Welch called President Eisenhower a card-carrying Communist?  

I just mentioned a poll which has 55% of Americans identifying as pro choice. I'm betting there are more who 
are pro-life, but will not support laws preventing people from traveling across state lines to get abortions.

If Biden wins and abortion is not prohibited by federal law, I won't see that as "the left" imposing its beliefs on everyone else.
I'll see that as the democratic defeat of a minority belief by a majority of voters.

And right now, "the Left" as you define it, is all in for democracy. The Trump right is not. Their party leader is attempted the
greatest election fraud in US history and they still want him in charge of "election integrity." 

Project 2025 is very much the creation of a small and organized group of interconnected conservative scholars and think tanks.
They intend to reshape the executive as directly as the Federalist Society intended to reshape the Supreme Court. 

If I recall correctly, the centrist, majority opinion, is abortion with a term limit, such as not beyond 15 weeks.

The issue is radicals endorsing full term abortions and killing the child in the case of a botched abortion where the baby survives.

The majority option is not 100% pro-life, or 100% pro-choice, but an amalgam in the middle.

Whichever side is painting it differently is wrong.

Such as you in this instance.

Keep being you.

RE: Project 2025 - Mike M (the other one) - 06-17-2024

(06-17-2024, 07:46 PM)Dill Wrote: The bolded is up for question.  

Oh yea, considering the LGBTQ community makes up about 5.5% of the entire US Adult populatioin....
and Biden just did what again? that's being shot down by several states now.. all because a minority is pushing their beliefs onto the majority. 
But hey, I'm sure this one puts you in a quandry, why are boys allowed to undress in from of Woman in a Women's only Locker room, or compete in women only sporting events? Go Go champion those women's rights as you claim you do! Or are you gonna chose Men over Women?  LOL Good Luck, Go one though, create a response that avoids answering my question and throws back another question at me. 

Never ever try to use that again as part of your argument against an R or you'll be slapped so hard your momma will be running to the bedroom yelling daddy's home.

RE: Project 2025 - NATI BENGALS - 06-18-2024

(06-17-2024, 08:10 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Oh yea, considering the LGBTQ community makes up about 5.5% of the entire US Adult populatioin....
and Biden just did what again? that's being shot down by several states now.. all because a minority is pushing their beliefs onto the majority. 
But hey, I'm sure this one puts you in a quandry, why are boys allowed to undress in from of Woman in a Women's only Locker room, or compete in women only sporting events? Go Go champion those women's rights as you claim you do! Or are you gonna chose Men over Women?  LOL Good Luck, Go one though, create a response that avoids answering my question and throws back another question at me. 

Never ever try to use that again as part of your argument against an R or you'll be slapped so hard your momma will be running to the bedroom yelling daddy's home.

Oh how terrible. Tell me more about Biden forcing his LGBTQ beliefs on you. It must be a massive burden on your everyday life considering your concern. Is your neighborhood or workplace under assault? Are you having to beat off multiple LGBTQ dudes daily just to maintain your heterosexuality? Or is it something like Buttigieg driving around shooting rainbow lasers and if you get hit it’s instant gay drag queen? I’m sure it has been terrifying navigating through the frontlines of the right wing culture wars.

RE: Project 2025 - Mike M (the other one) - 06-18-2024

(06-18-2024, 12:15 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Oh how terrible. Tell me more about Biden forcing his LGBTQ beliefs on you. It must be a massive burden on your everyday life considering your concern. Is your neighborhood or workplace under assault? Are you having to beat off multiple LGBTQ dudes daily just to maintain your heterosexuality? Or is it something like Buttigieg driving around shooting rainbow lasers and if you get hit it’s instant gay drag queen? I’m sure it has been terrifying navigating through the frontlines of the right wing culture wars.

Awww Poor baby, you missed the point. 

(06-18-2024, 01:50 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Awww Poor baby, you missed the point. 

Must have.

What are you being forced to do? Treat someone like a human and not discriminate against them for being a minority? With liberty and justice for all?

VS

Taking away women’s bodily autonomy.

Most freedom loving people can notice a subtle difference between the two.

RE: Project 2025 - pally - 06-18-2024

(06-17-2024, 08:04 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: If I recall correctly, the centrist, majority opinion, is abortion with a term limit, such as not beyond 15 weeks.

The issue is radicals endorsing full term abortions and killing the child in the case of a botched abortion where the baby survives.

The majority option is not 100% pro-life, or 100% pro-choice, but an amalgam in the middle.

Whichever side is painting it differently is wrong.

Such as you in this instance.

Keep being you.

No one proposes full term abortion. That is a made up accusation from the right. There is no such thing as post birth abortion. No one is proposing killing living children.

The picture you painted of left extremism is wrong

(06-18-2024, 03:13 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Must have.

What are you being forced to do? Treat someone like a human and not discriminate against them for being a minority? With liberty and justice for all?

VS

Taking away women’s bodily autonomy.

Most freedom loving people can notice a subtle difference between the two.

Dill wanted to make this about Minorities forcing their views on the Majority. 

Right now, it's Title IX that's being pushed for Trans Women onto the Majority that opposes it. 

But go on and get your knickers all twisted, when it has nothing to do with you.

(06-18-2024, 08:54 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Dill wanted to make this about Minorities forcing their views on the Majority. 

Right now, it's Title IX that's being pushed for Trans Women onto the Majority that opposes it. 

But go on and get your knickers all twisted, when it has nothing to do with you.

I know I know.

Speaking of which.

Democrats have received the majority of votes in 5 of the last 6 presidential popular votes. Elections that resulted in 24 years worth of the person who gets to hand pick the supreme court. There has been 8 SCOTUS judges seated in that time. Only 3 came from the party who received the most votes in 5 out of the last 6 elections. While 5 came from the party who got the least votes in 5 out of the last 6 elections. That's my view of the GOP minority forcing their views on the majority.

RE: Project 2025 - FormerlyBengalRugby - 06-18-2024

(06-18-2024, 08:50 AM)pally Wrote: No one proposes full term abortion.  That is a made up accusation from the right.  There is no such thing as post birth abortion. No one is proposing killing living children.  

The picture you painted of left extremism is wrong

You mean I am painting them accurately. I did not use the wide brush and extend it to all on far left, like some on here do to the MAGA crowd, because I know it is not that opinion of the majority.

What is the term limit that is acceptable to you, for abortions? 

I agree that there should be  exceptions in cases that puts the mothers health at any serious level of risk, as complications may arise.

RE: Project 2025 - pally - 06-18-2024

(06-18-2024, 10:10 AM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: You mean I am painting them accurately. I did not use the wide brush and extend it to all on far left, like some on here do to the MAGA crowd, because I know it is not that opinion of the majority.

What is the term limit that is acceptable to you, for abortions? 

I agree that there should be  exceptions in cases that puts the mothers health at any serious level of risk, as complications may arise.

show me where anyone on the left has proposed anything close to what you claim?

(06-18-2024, 09:34 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I know I know.

Speaking of which.

Democrats have received the majority of votes in 5 of the last 6 presidential popular votes. Elections that resulted in 24 years worth of the person who gets to hand pick the supreme court. There has been 8 SCOTUS judges seated in that time. Only 3 came from the party who received the most votes in 5 out of the last 6 elections. While 5 came from the party who got the least votes in 5 out of the last 6 elections. That's my view of the GOP minority forcing their views on the majority.

Most votes doesn't matter, if you want that changed, then why aren't the Dems constantly suggesting a bill to change it? The rules are the same for both and hasn't changed in what? over 200 years?  Win the Electoral votes. 

RE: Project 2025 - FormerlyBengalRugby - 06-18-2024

(06-18-2024, 10:33 AM)pally Wrote: show me where anyone on the left has proposed anything close to what you claim?

What term limit do you support, if any?

RE: Project 2025 - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-18-2024

(06-18-2024, 08:50 AM)pally Wrote: No one proposes full term abortion.  

Of course not.  But they also won't exclude it.  After all, that's a discussion for a woman and her doctor to have.

RE: Project 2025 - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-18-2024

(06-18-2024, 10:39 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Most votes doesn't matter, if you want that changed, then why aren't the Dems constantly suggesting a bill to change it? The rules are the same for both and hasn't changed in what? over 200 years?  Win the Electoral votes. 

When you don't have a solid point you introduce irrelevancies.

RE: Project 2025 - Dill - 06-18-2024

(06-17-2024, 08:10 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Oh yea, considering the LGBTQ community makes up about 5.5% of the entire US Adult populatioin....
But hey, I'm sure this one puts you in a quandry, why are boys allowed to undress in from of Woman in a Women's only Locker room, or compete in women only sporting events? Go Go champion those women's rights as you claim you do! Or are you gonna chose Men over Women?

First off, I have a problem with the way you deploy demographic categories monolithically, as if gender and sexuality are reliable guides to voters' beliefs.

All LGBTQ aren't liberal voting Democrats, just as all the rest of the population isn't Republican. 

E.g., 71% of Americans believe that gay marriage should be legal. That's a clear majority, not a tiny minority imposing its will on the nation.
https://news.gallup.com/poll/506636/sex-marriage-support-holds-high.aspx

And I'm not sure what Biden just did again. You need to link me to your news sources, to see how they frame whatever issue you reference.
Tack your answer back towards discussion of Project 2025 if you can. Will it save us from trans dressing rooms or whatever? 

(06-17-2024, 08:10 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote:  LOL Good Luck, Go one though, create a response that avoids answering my question and throws back another question at me. 

Well on the Butker thread you asked me a seemingly collegial question about my marriage, only to leverage the answer into an attack on my character.

So expect me to vet your questions more carefully in the future.