Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Gun owner kills someone - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Gun owner kills someone (/Thread-Gun-owner-kills-someone)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Gun owner kills someone - Vlad - 01-03-2016

(01-02-2016, 11:51 AM)GMDino Wrote: What if the rapists pulls his gun first?

Do we have to wait for a third person with a gun and hope they are a good guy?  What if TWO people show up?!?!

Do we hope they just have a stand off and everyone backs away slowly?

Or is a gun like a bible?  Magical in its ability to help the good and defeat evil?  Cool

You can use your imagination to create an infinate amount of irrelevant hypotheticals if you like, but the fact remains that only 3% of rapes are committed at gunpoint and most all rapes involve 1 perp and his victim, and that's the scenario that meme depicts.

RE: Gun owner kills someone - GMDino - 01-03-2016

(01-03-2016, 12:37 AM)Vlad Wrote: You can use your imagination to create an infinate amount of irrelevant hypotheticals if you like, but the fact remains that only 3% of rapes are committed at gunpoint and most all rapes involve 1 perp and his victim, and that's the scenario that meme depicts.

So if the perp gets the victim's gun does that percentage that you made up out of thin air go up?

RE: Gun owner kills someone - bfine32 - 01-03-2016

(01-02-2016, 09:20 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: X2

I have never seen anyone on this board or the old one that has been against a homeowner's rights in a scenario like this.

You might want to look through this thread a little closer and get back to us.

RE: Gun owner kills someone - Belsnickel - 01-03-2016

(01-03-2016, 12:50 AM)bfine32 Wrote: You might want to look through this thread a little closer and get back to us.

I still see no one saying the homeowner did not have the right to self defense in this case.

RE: Gun owner kills someone - bfine32 - 01-03-2016

(01-03-2016, 12:59 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I still see no one saying the homeowner did not have the right to self defense in this case.

Okey Dokey. My mistake.

(01-03-2016, 12:40 AM)GMDino Wrote: So if the perp gets the victim's gun does that percentage that you made up out of thin air go up?

Liberals. The more right you are, the more outlandish their rebuttals become.

% that I made up out of thin air?
https://rainn.org/get-information/statistics/sexual-assault-offenders

RE: Gun owner kills someone - Nately120 - 01-03-2016

(01-03-2016, 01:33 AM)Vlad Wrote: Liberals. The more right you are, the more outlandish their rebuttals become.

Liberals love rape statistics because they show white males and misogynistic scumbags who think they are above reproach.

RE: Gun owner kills someone - BmorePat87 - 01-03-2016

(01-02-2016, 08:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As I suspected. I was more focused on the right to own firearms being a 1st Amendment thing.

I guess I didn't even notice that since I was more focused on his point. Good catch. 

(01-03-2016, 01:33 AM)Vlad Wrote: Liberals. The more right you are, the more outlandish their rebuttals become.

Yes.  One year.
  • Quote:In 2001, 11% of rapes involved the use of a weapon — 3% used a gun, 6% used a knife, and 2 % used another form of weapon.2

I found that link right away.

So I repeat, if the attacker does not have a gun and get the gun from the victim does that rate go up?

(01-03-2016, 01:48 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yes.  One year.

I found that link right away.

So I repeat, if the attacker does not have a gun and get the gun from the victim does that rate go up?

I posted a link, so you to continue to go with "I made it up out of thin air" just because a one year timeline doesn't suit you makes you a special kind of stupid, disingenuous, and not worthy of engaging in intelligent debate.

If you had the ability to reason, you would have come to the conlusion that in 2015 the statistics would not have varied much.

RE: Gun owner kills someone - Belsnickel - 01-03-2016

(01-03-2016, 10:19 PM)Vlad Wrote: If you had the ability to reason, you would have come to the conlusion that in 2015 the statistics would not have varied much.

No, that is not the ability to reason. That is jumping to conclusions. Statistically speaking there is far from enough evidence to conclude that the numbers in 2015 would not have varied much from 2011 based on just the data from 2011. It's rather absurd to make such a claim.

(01-03-2016, 11:09 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: No, that is not the ability to reason. That is jumping to conclusions. Statistically speaking there is far from enough evidence to conclude that the numbers in 2015 would not have varied much from 2011 based on just the data from 2011. It's rather absurd to make such a claim.

Data from 2001.

RE: Gun owner kills someone - Belsnickel - 01-04-2016

(01-03-2016, 11:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: Data from 2001.

I misread that what with the numbers being placed so closely. Even less of a reasonable conclusion, then, to base 2015 off of those numbers.

RE: Gun owner kills someone - Nately120 - 01-04-2016

Guns don't protect people; people protect people.

RE: Gun owner kills someone - XenoMorph - 01-05-2016

(01-02-2016, 07:37 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm pretty sure nearly everyone supports a homeowner's right to defend their home from someone who breaks in and shoots at them.

IMO the intruder doesnt even have to shoot or have a weapon they still would be dead.

If you break into someones home you are a walking target. I dont care if you are armed or not As the homeowner i would not know you intentions outside that you are intruding and im not taking any chances.

RE: Gun owner kills someone - fredtoast - 01-05-2016

(01-05-2016, 06:05 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: IMO the intruder doesnt even have to shoot or have a weapon they still would be dead.

If you break into someones home you are a walking target.  I dont care if you are armed or not  As the homeowner i would not know you intentions outside that you are intruding and im not taking any chances.

This.

Although it may not always be true every homeowner is entitled to assume a physical threat when someone breaks into his home.

I would hate to take another human life (even if it was justified), but I am not taking any chances with a person that breaks into my home.

RE: Gun owner kills someone - bfine32 - 03-15-2016

Chalk another one up for the good guys:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/03/14/concealed-weapon-owner-shoots-hatchet-wielding-attacker-in-wash-7-eleven/

Quote:A masked man burst into a 7-Eleven near Seattle early Sunday morning, swinging a hatchet and slicing the store clerk.
Before the masked man could seriously hurt anyone, though, a customer who was drinking his morning coffee pulled out a concealed weapon and fatally shot the attacker.

RE: Gun owner kills someone - Belsnickel - 03-15-2016

I wish I had remembered this thread yesterday when I saw an article about toddlers killing more people than terrorists in the U.S. I'll have to see if I can find that again.

RE: Gun owner kills someone - bfine32 - 03-15-2016

(03-15-2016, 01:33 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I wish I had remembered this thread yesterday when I saw an article about toddlers killing more people than terrorists in the U.S. I'll have to see if I can find that again.

Standing by. But I agree toddlers should not own firearms and unfotunately it is hard to regulate parenting.

RE: Gun owner kills someone - fredtoast - 03-15-2016

(03-15-2016, 01:33 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I wish I had remembered this thread yesterday when I saw an article about toddlers killing more people than terrorists in the U.S. I'll have to see if I can find that again.

Maybe inspired by the story about Pro-gun activist Jamie Gilt being shot by her 4 year old son.