Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Wal Mart BRAWL! - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Wal Mart BRAWL! (/Thread-Wal-Mart-BRAWL)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Wal Mart BRAWL! - Wyche'sWarrior - 06-16-2015

(06-16-2015, 03:17 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: You're a glass half empty kind of old person.  See for me...this is every reason to go to a Walmart.   Smirk

Rubberneck..... Tongue

RE: Wal Mart BRAWL! - JustWinBaby - 06-16-2015

The white trash commentary is also priceless "he's just trying to protect his mom, he's not really trying to hurt her". Bull, his mom is whooping ass and the kid is reigning cheap shots. The blond got pummeled.

Now I have to agree that you'd possibly face a lawsuit if you intervened in anything more than a very passive manner. But someone should have at least stepped in between the kid and the fight - he's all of 6 years old and 50 lbs, you wouldn't have had to lay a hand on him to block him.

(06-16-2015, 03:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I forgot the one woman went from piloting a scooter through the aisles to practically jump-kicking someone in a matter of seconds.  Honestly, if I saw that in a comedy skit I would say it was too perfect to be believed.

I wonder what started all that.  Smart money is kid made a wise-ass comment about scooter girl, she said something nasty to him, and momma said "ain't nobody gonna talk to my son that way".

Probably all you had to do to break that up was yell "that guy just stole your food stamps!"

RE: Wal Mart BRAWL! - Wyche'sWarrior - 06-16-2015

(06-16-2015, 03:35 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I wonder what started all that.  Smart money is kid made a wise-ass comment about scooter girl, she said something nasty to him, and momma said "ain't nobody gonna talk to my son that way".

Probably all you had to do to break that up was yell "that guy just stole your food stamps!"

I saw a longer version on Facebook.....there was only sound as the idiot with the phone was looking through aisles to find them....but the gist I got was that someone looked at the other the wrong way.  Yeah, for real.....

RE: Wal Mart BRAWL! - jason - 06-16-2015

(06-16-2015, 03:32 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: The white trash commentary is also priceless "he's just trying to protect his mom, he's not really trying to hurt her".  Bull, his mom is whooping ass and the kid is reigning cheap shots.  The blond got pummeled.

Now I have to agree that you'd possibly face a lawsuit if you intervened in anything more than a very passive manner.  But someone should have at least stepped in between the kid and the fight - he's all of 6 years old and 50 lbs, you wouldn't have had to lay a hand on him to block him.

The blonde got the best shot in in this nonsense when she Bruce Lee'd the other sow as she was getting up.

Too bad the kid wasn't dropping burns:

"yeah, school's in session and momma's teaching you a lesson"

RE: Wal Mart BRAWL! - Nately120 - 06-16-2015

(06-16-2015, 03:32 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: The white trash commentary is also priceless "he's just trying to protect his mom, he's not really trying to hurt her".  Bull, his mom is whooping ass and the kid is reigning cheap shots.  The blond got pummeled.

Now I have to agree that you'd possibly face a lawsuit if you intervened in anything more than a very passive manner.  But someone should have at least stepped in between the kid and the fight - he's all of 6 years old and 50 lbs, you wouldn't have had to lay a hand on him to block him.

In all fairness the kid's mother was specifically telling him to "punch her in the ____ face!" so he was just doing as he was told.  I thought people got all bent out of shape because kids these days didn't listen to their parents!

RE: Wal Mart BRAWL! - michaelsean - 06-16-2015

(06-16-2015, 03:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I forgot the one woman went from piloting a scooter through the aisles to practically jump-kicking someone in a matter of seconds.  Honestly, if I saw that in a comedy skit I would say it was too perfect to be believed.

The whole people on scooters in stores is getting ridiculous.  I understand there are people who need them, but most look like really fat lazy people.  We used to have to run miles to get our food, and now it's too much to push a cart down an aisle.  

Another interesting thing I noticed is that this takes place in Indiana and the people doing the talking have what sound like southern accents. Hmm, well I guess Larry Bird sort of sounded like that. Anyways, I lived in a small factory town in PA and a decent segment of the population there had southern accents for some reason while the other half didn't. Odd?

RE: Wal Mart BRAWL! - SteelCitySouth - 06-16-2015

(06-16-2015, 04:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Another interesting thing I noticed is that this takes place in Indiana and the people doing the talking have what sound like southern accents.  Hmm, well I guess Larry Bird sort of sounded like that.  Anyways, I lived in a small factory town in PA and a decent segment of the population there had southern accents for some reason while the other half didn't.  Odd?

Walmart has it's own accent.

#2 reason to spend time in Walmart.

RE: Wal Mart BRAWL! - XenoMorph - 06-16-2015

(06-16-2015, 03:00 PM)jason Wrote: Or in this case, pull out the old I Phone and try and get this shit on YouTube.

Thats the sad part about this in my opinion... All those people holding phones... people try to video tape it instead of calling authorities.

RE: Wal Mart BRAWL! - XenoMorph - 06-16-2015

(06-16-2015, 04:35 PM)michaelsean Wrote: The whole people on scooters in stores is getting ridiculous.  I understand there are people who need them, but most look like really fat lazy people.  We used to have to run miles to get our food, and now it's too much to push a cart down an aisle.  

thats why most people need them... its not the people who need a wheelchair..

mostly just the people that are to lazy to walk.

heck when i was on cruches i just used those as i could still move faster than one of those scooters lol

(06-16-2015, 04:52 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Thats the sad part about this in my opinion...  All those people holding phones... people try to video tape it instead of calling authorities.

I was reading up on this whole spiel and I think the store's employees called the police.  Really, the whole thing was around 5 minutes long so it's pretty reasonable they were all fought-out by the time the cops showed up.  Also, the city government is proposing fining Wal Mart for the absurd amount of times the police are called to that particular store.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/crime/2015/06/10/wal-mart-brawl-beech-grove-mayor-asking-retailer-take-action/71028654/

Under the ordinance, Wal-Mart could be deemed a public nuisance, Buckley explained. The store would be notified by police, and officers would have the discretion to issue a ticket to the business any time they are called to the store.

Violators would face a penalty of $2,500 and court fees. With nearly 500 police runs to the store so far this year, the tickets could quickly become costly.

Since February 2014 Beech Grove police have made 1,278 runs to the store resulting in 473 arrests.

"We are going down there three or four times a day for theft and other issues, and we just can't do that anymore," Buckley said.

Honestly, I'm not sure I'd support such a thing.  Is it Wal Mart's fault that their business practices ensure the place is packed with rumble-ready poor trash?

(06-16-2015, 04:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Since February 2014 Beech Grove police have made 1,278 runs to the store resulting in 473 arrests.

"We are going down there three or four times a day for theft and other issues, and we just can't do that anymore," Buckley said.

Honestly, I'm not sure I'd support such a thing.  Is it Wal Mart's fault that their business practices ensure the place is packed with rumble-ready poor trash?

First, DO NOT go to that Walmart!

But it's a very interesting question - a presumably small police force answering a disproportionate number of calls to Walmart.  On the other hand, it sounds like most of the calls are probably theft related, and isn't that the job of the police?  Even if you have security to detain people, you still need the police to charge them.

Otherwise, if I'm a cop looking to meet my monthly quota, I'm gonna hang near Walmart Tongue

(06-16-2015, 04:54 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: thats why most people need them...  its not the people who need a wheelchair..

mostly just the people that are to lazy to walk.

heck when i was on cruches i just used those as i could still move faster than one of those scooters lol

Actually, it sounds like the fight started in part because the one woman confronted the other about not really needing that motorized cart.

The worker said Stephenson “then confronted Mills about yelling at the employees for doing their job” and “told Mills that she did not really need a motorized cart.” Stephenson and Mills yelled at each other and used profane language. Mills “stood up from the motorized cart, threw a punch at Stephenson and both customers engaged in a physical fight.”

The fact that she proved her detractor correct by leaping up to fight is just the icing on the cake, I guess.

(06-16-2015, 05:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Actually, it sounds like the fight started in part because the one woman confronted the other about not really needing that motorized cart.

The worker said Stephenson “then confronted Mills about yelling at the employees for doing their job” and “told Mills that she did not really need a motorized cart.” Stephenson and Mills yelled at each other and used profane language. Mills “stood up from the motorized cart, threw a punch at Stephenson and both customers engaged in a physical fight.”

The fact that she proved her detractor correct by leaping up to fight is just the icing on the cake, I guess.

In that case, they're both still trash but glad the lazy POS got pummeled.

RE: Wal Mart BRAWL! - jason - 06-16-2015

(06-16-2015, 04:52 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Thats the sad part about this in my opinion...  All those people holding phones... people try to video tape it instead of calling authorities.

That's my real problem with this, and why I brought up the John Crawford shooting.  There was obviously a problem in this situation, and people stand around and record it.  That guy was minding his own business, while someone was on the phone with 911 embellishing what was taking place.  There was no problem, until that person created one.

RE: Wal Mart BRAWL! - Belsnickel - 06-16-2015

(06-16-2015, 02:54 PM)jason Wrote: What do they do if a shoplifter gets aggressive?

They are, at least back when I was an inmate at the Same Walton Penitentiary, trained not to engage. They are supposed to call the police anyway because they have no real authority. They cannot do anything until the person is leaving the store and the police have to be called to issue a trespass notice and what not.

Most of the time the shoplifter isn't aggressive, but they do like to run. My friend was one of the LP team members back then and he loved chasing them, even though he was not supposed to. He had a little more gung ho to work off after his tour in Iraq.

RE: Wal Mart BRAWL! - Beaker - 06-17-2015

(06-16-2015, 01:58 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I feel bad for that kid.  He's been set up to fail from the very beginning.

Another steeler fan on the horizon.

RE: Wal Mart BRAWL! - SteelCitySouth - 06-17-2015

(06-17-2015, 02:48 AM)Beaker Wrote: Another steeler fan on the horizon.

Just because Johnny can recognize a child being brought up to be lost, that doesn't mean Johnny can recognize the futility of being a Bengal fan and later become a Steeler fan.