Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Post-Election Thoughts - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Post-Election Thoughts (/Thread-Post-Election-Thoughts)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Post-Election Thoughts - Au165 - 11-09-2016

(11-09-2016, 11:36 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: What I find tremendously disappointing this morning are the posts from Trump supporters who are still criticizing Hillary Clinton. Really? Your guy won the election and rather than talk about good things you expect will happen, you still feel it necessary to sling mud and tak about 'how bad it would have been' if she had won? Wow! The pessimistic vitriol is like a disease of the soul.

I saw some people today saying, "Can't wait for Hillary to go to jail". I am not sure these people realize it was all political shots and Trump isn't doing anything as far as Hilary goes.

RE: Post-Election Thoughts - Belsnickel - 11-09-2016

(11-09-2016, 11:40 AM)Au165 Wrote: I saw some people today saying, "Can't wait for Hillary to go to jail". I am not sure these people realize it was all political shots and Trump isn't doing anything as far as Hilary goes.

Are you sure? I mean, I'm hoping that is the case because if he goes that route then that is a direction that is extremely concerning for the country. But we don't really know.

RE: Post-Election Thoughts - samhain - 11-09-2016

I'm pretty interested to see what the liberal reaction will be to the Republicans gaining control of pretty much everything. They are down and out much like the Reps were in 08 when the Dems took it all. The Republicans then proceeded to go nuclear and become tea baggers hell-bent on disruption and putting a stop to anything and everything the president tried to do.

I'm not sure the dems have it in them to get that hostile and flat-out obstructionist with Trump and crew. I hope they do. The right now has their golden boy, as the left did with Obama. it should be incumbent on them to shit on everything he does regardless. Expect no mercy and give none in return. it worked well for the other guys, so why not? Going completely insane gave them control of everything. Maybe we see the rise of a crazy alt-left, much like the Neo-Nazi influenced alt-right that backed Trump.

RE: Post-Election Thoughts - michaelsean - 11-09-2016

(11-09-2016, 11:40 AM)Au165 Wrote: I saw some people today saying, "Can't wait for Hillary to go to jail". I am not sure these people realize it was all political shots and Trump isn't doing anything as far as Hilary goes.

BUT HE SAID HE WOULD!!!!!

RE: Post-Election Thoughts - michaelsean - 11-09-2016

(11-09-2016, 11:13 AM)GMDino Wrote: Hilarious

I've been saying that all night.  I was so wrong I don't even know what right is!  Hilarious

I have no idea how to embed video or parts of video, so just go to 4:33.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayW4c9aZXyw

RE: Post-Election Thoughts - Bengalzona - 11-09-2016

I predict we will see a shift of power to Congress during this presidency. Similar to Reagan, Trump will be mostly just a figurehead and his staff and Congress will run the nation. Whether that is good or bad would depend upon your perspective. Many feel that the POTUS currently has too much power and that this would be a return to what the forefathers intended.

(Matt, feel free to interject here.)

RE: Post-Election Thoughts - Bengalbug - 11-09-2016

I'm sure there are some "ignorant hicks" that voted trump but not as close as the the "hand out for free money" that voted for Clinton. 

the democrats even blamed bad weather in cuhaohga county as one reason they didn't win Ohio- meaning they didn't get the African American vote. 

I think this has more to do with the younger middle class getting out and voting. I'm not fully onboard but there is reason to be cautiously positive.  Things will get bad real quick (riots, protest, etc) but that was inevitable.  At least we can get beyond that and start working to fix

RE: Post-Election Thoughts - Au165 - 11-09-2016

(11-09-2016, 11:43 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Are you sure? I mean, I'm hoping that is the case because if he goes that route then that is a direction that is extremely concerning for the country. But we don't really know.

I mean with him you never know, but I am pretty confident nothing will ever come of it or the wall.

Keep the conversation civil.

I realize that this is an emotional issue for some of you. But we aren't going to allow namecalling and insults.

(11-09-2016, 11:53 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: I predict we will see a shift of power to Congress during this presidency. Similar to Reagan, Trump will be mostly just a figurehead and his staff and Congress will run the nation. Whether that is good or bad would depend upon your perspective. Many feel that the POTUS currently has too much power and that this would be a return to what the forefathers intended.

(Matt, feel free to interject here.)

We will never see a return to what the framers envisioned. Our country and the government is too large. The executive branch as a whole is larger than the framers ever expected it would be. We have the New Deal to thank for this. I do think that Trump will most likely be more of a figure head than an actual policy making POTUS, the issue with that becomes that if you move too far in that direction you now have people that were not elected running the show, which is a concerning development.

I will actually be interested to see his level of involvement in policy going forward since it is something he has zero experience in and how that will all work out. I am hoping his ego doesn't get in the way of what is best for the country.

RE: Post-Election Thoughts - Bengalbug - 11-09-2016

(11-09-2016, 12:05 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Keep the conversation civil.

I realize that this is an emotional issue for some of you. But we aren't going to allow namecalling and insults.

Yes please finger pointing and insults are unnecessary.

Does anyone know if there is a precedence in the modern era for a losing candidate to not address their supporters on the night of the election after conceding? I'm just curious, because I found that to be a little classless last night/this morning.

RE: Post-Election Thoughts - WeezyBengal - 11-09-2016

If people actually thought that then they are pretty dumb. 

Trump used what Hillary did regarding her emails and her criminal behavior against her, which is what he should have done. He could probably care less if she goes to jail or not at this point, and I dont really blame him. Bigger fish to fry. 

(11-09-2016, 12:12 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Does anyone know if there is a precedence in the modern era for a losing candidate to not address their supporters on the night of the election after conceding? I'm just curious, because I found that to be a little classless last night/this morning.

Not to excuse the faux pas, but I suspect she was in shock along with most of the country (including many Trump supporters).

BTW - I heard this morning that Hillary was actually ahead in the popular vote. It will be interesting to see the Electoral College meeting results.

RE: Post-Election Thoughts - Nebuchadnezzar - 11-09-2016

Fear of the unknown.

I don't think many do realize that. They don't want to.

(11-09-2016, 12:21 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Not to excuse the faux pas, but I suspect she was in shock along with most of the country (including many Trump supporters).

BTW - I heard this morning that Hillary was actually ahead in the popular vote. It will be interesting to see the Electoral College meeting results.

I agree, and I said the same about her not speaking when someone talked to me about it. I just couldn't answer if it had ever happened before.

And yeah, the popular results will be interesting.

RE: Post-Election Thoughts - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 11-09-2016

(11-09-2016, 10:56 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm kind of speechless.  I had made peace with a Hillary presidency.  I never even contemplated a Trump presidency because I didn't think there was a chance.

I don't think he is going to get rubber stamped by the Republican congress.  I didn't see the final Senate numbers, but it will only take a few Republicans to stop anything, and there will be more than a few willing.  Maybe Congress starts working together.  Democrats are praying this continues to be the "party of no".

I'd say Supreme Court nominees is a good thing, but who knows who this guy will nominate.  

Looks like Gary Johnson got 3%.  The Libertarians should just go away if that's all they could muster with these two candidates.

I think Bfine and SSF both believed this could very well happen, so congrats to them on seeing what most of us didn't.

I wonder if Trump is thinking, "WTF do I do now?"  And does he have a plan for his businesses?  I assume that's all of limits to him.

It's because I have a sixth sense regarding human behavior.  Smirk

Quite sincerely, while I was surprised Trump won in Wisconsin, I said a very long time ago I could see Trump winning in Pennsylvania and Michigan.  People were tired of the condescension and the far left tactic of labeling everyone who disagreed with them a bigot or racist.  Whenever one side starts feeling their position is unassailable their radical elements stars to get really ugly.  This always prompts a backlash and gives you results like last night. 

RE: Post-Election Thoughts - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 11-09-2016

(11-09-2016, 11:03 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You sound like a salty little *****. Bernie Sanders would have been destroyed even more than Hillary. That dude would have had no shot. None. 

Completely agree, a "Jewish communist"?  It would have been a massacre.

RE: Post-Election Thoughts - CKwi88 - 11-09-2016

(11-09-2016, 12:12 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Does anyone know if there is a precedence in the modern era for a losing candidate to not address their supporters on the night of the election after conceding? I'm just curious, because I found that to be a little classless last night/this morning.

It was extraordinarily close into the late hours, but after she lost PA the writing was on the wall. ihear she will be speaking shortly.