Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Joe Burrow injury updates - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Joe Burrow injury updates (/Thread-Joe-Burrow-injury-updates)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-06-2023

(08-05-2023, 06:53 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I'm not concerned about that, it's exactly the kind of thing I'd say if I was on the Bengals. We go as far as Burrow can take us, and it's imperative we let him rest up fully so he can not risk further aggravation. If it means he misses Week 1 or the first couple or whatever, then that's worth the payoff of keeping him healthy. Certainly got faith this roster could get past a slow start if needed. No point rushing Burrow out for Week 1 (especially since we're horribad in Cleveland even with him!).

Not concerned either. Plenty of time for the calf strain to heal.

(08-05-2023, 08:38 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Chase said he wants him back week 5 or after week 5 lol

JaMarr is just messin' around. No way Burrow is out more than a game or 2. It is a 28 day healing time.

How long ago was the strain? How long till we play the Stains?

(08-06-2023, 01:07 PM)TKUHL Wrote: It’s still just a calf strain right?

Yes and no one on the team is concerned about Burrow missing the opener. Chase talks and likes to play games.

Hope the Browns think Burrow won't play lol

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - TKUHL - 08-06-2023

Out of all the teams Cleveland seems to give us the most trouble. Myles in particular. Won’t hurt my feelings if he misses the first game.

(08-06-2023, 02:05 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Out of all the teams Cleveland seems to give us the most trouble. Myles in particular. Won’t hurt my feelings if he misses the first game.

Actually agree, even though I highly doubt Burrow misses that game. Wouldn't be surprised if Burrow is already at 90% with plenty 
of time before that game. The Browns are the one team that has given us trouble in the Burrow era. He probably wants to beat them
more than about any team. The medical staff and coaches will have to make him sit if he isn't 100%.

But I am sure he is 100% before then with no risk in re-injuring it so he will play and beat the Browns in the opener and start the 
swing of the Battle of Ohio back in our favor.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Nicomo Cosca - 08-06-2023

(08-06-2023, 01:08 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Then again we did have a player with a career ending bone bruise.

Can we not?

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Essex Johnson - 08-06-2023

(08-05-2023, 06:53 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I'm not concerned about that, it's exactly the kind of thing I'd say if I was on the Bengals. We go as far as Burrow can take us, and it's imperative we let him rest up fully so he can not risk further aggravation. If it means he misses Week 1 or the first couple or whatever, then that's worth the payoff of keeping him healthy. Certainly got faith this roster could get past a slow start if needed. No point rushing Burrow out for Week 1 (especially since we're horribad in Cleveland even with him!).

From what ive seen of the bengals especially past 2 years, they are as good a team combined on both sides of the ball than KC Buffalo and Baltimore which means we can afford to rest Burrow if needed since we can still win without him with this team in a short to medium window that is what makes this team above KC and Buffalo, they are worse off with out Mahomes Allen Jackson than we are for a few games. 

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Joelist - 08-06-2023

On Cincinnati Bengals Talk Chase is interviewed today and it’s pretty clear that he was messing with the sports media earlier when asked about Burrow.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - BFritz21 - 08-06-2023

(08-06-2023, 08:09 PM)Joelist Wrote: On Cincinnati Bengals Talk Chase is interviewed today and it’s pretty clear that he was messing with the sports media earlier when asked about Burrow.

I figured he was. 

We'll make sure not to rush him back because he's the franchise but no way in hell he'd miss that game.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - SouthernFan - 08-06-2023

(08-06-2023, 02:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Actually agree, even though I highly doubt Burrow misses that game. Wouldn't be surprised if Burrow is already at 90% with plenty 
of time before that game. The Browns are the one team that has given us trouble in the Burrow era. He probably wants to beat them
more than about any team. The medical staff and coaches will have to make him sit if he isn't 100%.

But I am sure he is 100% before then with no risk in re-injuring it so he will play and beat the Browns in the opener and start the 

Absitively!

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - tms - 08-06-2023

What's the latest on the big Acalfles tendon?! Come to think of it, don't even need updates with this guy. You know he'll be ready when he's needed. As for when that is, I'll leave the answer "up to him"... as JMC so eloquently stated. Wink

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Wyche'sWarrior - 08-06-2023

(08-06-2023, 02:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Actually agree, even though I highly doubt Burrow misses that game. Wouldn't be surprised if Burrow is already at 90% with plenty 

Hopefully the new left tackle can at least slow Garrett down. If so, we should hang with em.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Nicomo Cosca - 08-06-2023

(08-06-2023, 08:09 PM)Joelist Wrote: On Cincinnati Bengals Talk Chase is interviewed today and it’s pretty clear that he was messing with the sports media earlier when asked about Burrow.

Only the Chicken Little’s ever believed otherwise.

(08-06-2023, 09:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: Hopefully the new left tackle can at least slow Garrett down. If so, we should hang with em.

It sure won't be a cake walk where he just pushes the LT right into our QB like he has done before so proficiently.

He will have to go around Orlando Brown Jr and it won't be easy to go right through him.

(08-06-2023, 09:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Only the Chicken Little’s ever believed otherwise.

Those Chicken Little's don't know JaMarr Chase either, he is always messin' around with the media.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - 007BengalsFan - 08-06-2023

(08-06-2023, 09:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It sure won't be a cake walk where he just pushes the LT right into our QB like he has done before so proficiently.

He will have to go around Orlando Brown Jr and it won't be easy to go right through him.

The problem is although Garrett is a right DE, he can switch to the left side and rush Jonah's side at RT.  I will guarantee you if Jonah wins the starting job at RT, he will face Myles Garrett several times in the season opener.  Jonah better be ready.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Earendil - 08-07-2023

(08-06-2023, 01:07 PM)TKUHL Wrote: It’s still just a calf strain right?

My source said his leg fell off, and not the right one. The strain is so bad, it made his other leg fall off.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - reuben.ahmed - 08-07-2023

As Burrow said, we win the AFC-N we can win it all. We need that division title in one of the most brutal defensive divisions in football. It prepares us for the playoffs and AFC-N type football can beat the Chiefs and win the super bowl.

Would be surprised if we go on another 10 game win streak this year. NFL network predicting every team in the AFC-N makes the playoffs which is what I don't want to hear, lol. Especially facing the Browns in the playoffs, their defense and run game is hard for us to beat apparently, Watson outstanding.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Nicomo Cosca - 08-07-2023

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-07-2023

(08-06-2023, 10:59 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: The problem is although Garrett is a right DE, he can switch to the left side and rush Jonah's side at RT.  I will guarantee you if Jonah wins the starting job at RT, he will face Myles Garrett several times in the season opener.  Jonah better be ready.

Scary thought because you are correct, Garrett switches sides and is equally as disruptive. Hoping Jonah is completely healthy and has 
built up his core so he can handle Garrett's bull rush which always gives Jonah problems. If not, hoping Carman is ready because he can 
actually hold up against strength, it is speed that gives him problems which Garrett also has, either way, tough matchup for us.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - michaelsean - 08-07-2023

(08-07-2023, 12:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Really? That guy had a keen eye for sports.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Nicomo Cosca - 08-07-2023

(08-07-2023, 04:24 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Really? That guy had a keen eye for sports.

Well tbf he stated up front it was an obvious statement about the offense without Burrow. The more interesting bits were the rest of the article, like CTB looking like a rising star.

RE: Joe Burrow carted off - Au165 - 08-07-2023

I was thinking about something this weekend, I actually forgot but Aaron Rodgers had a pretty significant calf strain during the 2014 season. He got hurt in week 16 was able to rest for the wild card round then played in the divisional round. He was hobbled and it wasn't ideal but it's worth noting that with as much time as Joe has had there really should be no worries on if he can play, the question will be how rusty is he.

I'd like to see him throwing here in a week or two from a stationary position. That would put him on a nice time line to slowly work up to throwing on the move and then hopefully full practice the week of game one for a full install.