Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Bengals Packers Preseason Game One Observations - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Bengals Packers Preseason Game One Observations (/Thread-Bengals-Packers-Preseason-Game-One-Observations)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: Bengals Packers Preseason Game One Observations - BengalsLUFC - 08-11-2023

Meh it’s preseason.

We all know without Joe we are screwed doesn’t matter who plays backup one of us would have the same effect and be much cheaper.

Carman needs to **** off to this day I still can’t believe we blew a 2nd round pick on him.

RE: Bengals Packers Preseason Game One Observations - chrisball96 - 08-11-2023

(08-11-2023, 11:10 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I've been saying it and I'll say it again...Carman isn't making this team.

The guy is a second round pick playing in the fourth quarter of a preseason game and getting rocked.

Can’t help but agree with you there, barring some sort of major turnaround.

RE: Bengals Packers Preseason Game One Observations - phil413 - 08-11-2023

(08-11-2023, 11:13 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Ask me next week.

Wish I were joking, but as awkward as it is, I bet it happens.  No way SF keeps him and doubt anyone picks him up.  Also doubt they pony up for Wentz.  So if this keeps up, I bet they call and even if Allen is hurt he needs a job.  Better QBs will be cut but he (cringe) knows the system.

RE: Bengals Packers Preseason Game One Observations - Joelist - 08-11-2023

(08-11-2023, 11:17 PM)chrisball96 Wrote: The guy is a second round pick playing in the fourth quarter of a preseason game and getting rocked.

Can’t help but agree with you there, barring some sort of major turnaround.

Be careful using this thread to judge Carman - I think some people forgot the number change. He isn't number 60 anymore and it was 60 (Kirkland) who got turned inside out all night. 

RE: Bengals Packers Preseason Game One Observations - 007BengalsFan - 08-11-2023

(08-11-2023, 11:13 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Charlie Jones playing with a minute left in the 4th isn't a great sign. I'm not super high on this pick.

Jones has looked mediocre at best.  Not impressed with his first preseason game.  I will say I think Jones looked better than Myles Murphy

(08-11-2023, 11:19 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Jones has looked mediocre at best.  Not impressed with his first preseason game.  I will say I think Jones looked better than Myles Murphy

None of the receivers were super impressive with the wildly inaccurate ducks Browning and especially Siemian were throwing tonight. 

RE: Bengals Packers Preseason Game One Observations - BengalsBong - 08-11-2023

Coach soft play soft. The NFL will have us into game shape by the third game of the regular season.

RE: Bengals Packers Preseason Game One Observations - michaelsean - 08-11-2023

(08-11-2023, 11:18 PM)Joelist Wrote: Be careful using this thread to judge Carman - I think some people forgot the number change. He isn't number 60 anymore and it was 60 (Kirkland) who got turned inside out all night. 

Carman got abused several times and that’s just what I noticed.

(08-11-2023, 11:20 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Coach soft play soft. The NFL will have us into game shape by the third game of the regular season.

In other words get ready for another 0-2 start and no ability to get home field advantage.

RE: Bengals Packers Preseason Game One Observations - Housh - 08-11-2023

(08-11-2023, 11:20 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Coach soft play soft. The NFL will have us into game shape by the third game of the regular season.

Dude…..we’re good lol

Starters are gonna screw the Browns. Did you see Dax Hill and Battle

(08-11-2023, 11:21 PM)Joelist Wrote: In other words get ready for another 0-2 start and no ability to get home field advantage.

Ok atp you have to be trolling

(08-11-2023, 11:22 PM)Housh Wrote: Ok atp you have to be trolling

That was a bit of a troll on the comment I was replying to Big Grin

RE: Bengals Packers Preseason Game One Observations - phil413 - 08-11-2023

(08-11-2023, 11:16 PM)Joelist Wrote: I think we need to get on the phones to find a new backup. Both of these QBs had lots of time to throw and both looked awful.

We missed that shot with Bridgewater and Wentz will wait for a major injury to get paid.  Matt Ryan and Flacco are counting their money at home, I mean maybe Nick Foles wants to still play and I'd be all for it.

Murphy made plays against the run but was invisible pass rushing

We can’t act surprised because EVERYONE told us he wasn’t gonna be a pass rusher year 1 but damn you want to see a flash in that category. Number 72 Davis was getting more pressure up the middle battling the center and guard the whole time

RE: Bengals Packers Preseason Game One Observations - rfaulk34 - 08-11-2023

(08-11-2023, 11:18 PM)Joelist Wrote: Be careful using this thread to judge Carman - I think some people forgot the number change. He isn't number 60 anymore and it was 60 (Kirkland) who got turned inside out all night. 

What am i missing here? Carman has always been #79.

I always said we should be a team that keeps a good backup QB. Our WRs are too good to have to transition to a short game if Burrow is out.

Teddy B was my pick. No idea what Trevor did to get Zac’s love

(08-11-2023, 11:26 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: What am i missing here? Carman has always been #79.

Actually no. He was 60 in the past then changed to 79 last year I think. 

RE: Bengals Packers Preseason Game One Observations - Awful Llama - 08-11-2023

I blame all of this on the fact that we did not have a legitimate Game Day thread tonight. When that didn't happen, it was all down hill from there.

RE: Bengals Packers Preseason Game One Observations - RunKijanaRun - 08-11-2023

Woof. That was ugly

Eh. Losing a preseason game didn't bother me that much. Getting dominated by the other team's scrubs in our home opener did. We didn't even get to see our starters for a couple of series so we could at least feel they won't be rusty and out of sync on opening day,