Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Rubio: Life begins at conception - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Rubio: Life begins at conception (/Thread-Rubio-Life-begins-at-conception)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: Rubio: Life begins at conception - GMDino - 08-11-2015

(08-11-2015, 03:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: IDK, could have been the mumbo-jumbo part.

I have said it is sad that your school's cirirculum does not incluse such instruction. How many kids go on not knowing the begining of the human lifecycle.

Unfortunately, I did not get a copy of the school's video, so in absence of the video perhaps you can share this link from Biology reference with your folk that teach such subjects:

Read more: http://www.biologyreference.com/La-Ma/Life-Cycle-Human.html#ixzz3iWypi8Su

Hope it helps.

Quote:On the twenty-second day after fertilization, a simple tubelike heart begins to beat. The embryo has no other working organs: the first brain activity will not begin for five more months.

Read more: http://www.biologyreference.com/La-Ma/Life-Cycle-Human.html#ixzz3iWzwVzzv

Indeed.

Rolleyes

RE: Rubio: Life begins at conception - bfine32 - 08-11-2015

(08-11-2015, 03:09 PM)GMDino Wrote:
Read more: http://www.biologyreference.com/La-Ma/Life-Cycle-Human.html#ixzz3iWzwVzzv

Indeed.

Rolleyes

Yes. It sometimes does develope. Was there a point?

RE: Rubio: Life begins at conception - BmorePat87 - 08-11-2015

(08-11-2015, 03:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: IDK, could have been the mumbo-jumbo part.

I have said it is sad that your school's cirirculum does not incluse such instruction. How many kids go on not knowing the begining of the human lifecycle.

Unfortunately, I did not get a copy of the school's video, so in absence of the video perhaps you can share this link from Biology reference with your folk that teach such subjects:

Read more: http://www.biologyreference.com/La-Ma/Life-Cycle-Human.html#ixzz3iWypi8Su

Hope it helps.

Thanks. Our county is ranked in the 97th percentile for Public schools in the US, but I guess that's not saying much if we don't instruct kids that fertilized eggs are humans. 

(08-11-2015, 03:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes. It sometimes does develope. Was there a point?

Yes there was.  You know but playing dumb is part of the services you offer.

(08-11-2015, 03:13 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Thanks. Our county is ranked in the 97th percentile for Public schools in the US, but I guess that's not saying much if we don't instruct kids that fertilized eggs are humans. 

Apparently the ranking says a lot more about your system than a few of it products.

Where did I say fertilized eggs are humans?

Do yourselfa favor, go up to one of the smart teachers and ask him or her when the human lifecycle begins.

WTS I am done. This has gotten more ridiculous than usual.

(08-11-2015, 03:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Apparently the ranking says a lot more about your system than a few of it products.

Where did I say fertilized eggs are humans?

Do yourselfa favor, go up to one of the smart teachers and ask him or her when the human lifecycle begins.

WTS I am done. This has gotten more ridiculous than usual.

You said life begins with a fertilized egg. So a fertilized egg is a human life.

RE: Rubio: Life begins at conception - Johnny Cupcakes - 08-11-2015

Everyone knows that human embryos are life. Sure, they could not sustain that life outside of the womb, but it is life, nonetheless. People deny this fact to try to solidify their argument for choice, when it's really unnecessary and makes them look silly. You can be pro-choice and still acknowledge that it is life.

RE: Rubio: Life begins at conception - RICHMONDBENGAL_07 - 08-11-2015

(08-11-2015, 03:25 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Everyone knows that human embryos are life.  Sure, they could not sustain that life outside of the womb, but it is life, nonetheless.  People deny this fact to try to solidify their argument for choice, when it's really unnecessary and makes them look silly.  You can be pro-choice and still acknowledge that it is life.

There are many stages to human life, I think the question is what is the most humane way to end it if it must be ended.

Even "Pro-choicers" recognize that there is a line that shouldn't be crossed

(08-11-2015, 03:25 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Everyone knows that human embryos are life.  Sure, they could not sustain that life outside of the womb, but it is life, nonetheless.  People deny this fact to try to solidify their argument for choice, when it's really unnecessary and makes them look silly.  You can be pro-choice and still acknowledge that it is life.

(08-11-2015, 03:36 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: There are many stages to human life, I think the question is what is the most humane way to end it if it must be ended.

I agree with both of these statements.

But those adamant that no abortion should ever be done for any reason HAVE to prove they are right because then everything will change.

(08-11-2015, 03:36 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: There are many stages to human life, I think the question is what is the most humane way to end it if it must be ended.

Of course.  There are lines that shouldn't be crossed on either side.

I would certainly hope that my pro-choice friends on here would not support full-term abortions.  I would also hope that the pro-life guys here would not demand that a woman keep her 1 month old embryo even if it has a 50% chance of killing her.

The whole subject has long been a blurred line for me, but one thing is certain....this is LIFE that we're talking about, and we should stop pretending that it isn't.  Whether one of us places the same value on that new life as someone else is irrelevant to the fact that it's life.  It may not be life that could sustain itself outside of the womb, and it may not think, breathe, or have a heartbeat at certain stages, but it is life.

My whole point was that you can be pro-choice and still admit that it's life.  I just don't understand why anyone tries to argue that aspect of it, and too often, that becomes the sticking point of the debate.

(08-11-2015, 03:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: I agree with both of these statements.

But those adamant that no abortion should ever be done for any reason HAVE to prove they are right because then everything will change.

I feel that both sides are trying to prove something here. One is making the argument for life and one is making the argument against it, and yes, both sides use it as a reason that their view is justified.  I don't think that the prof of it being life changes anything though.  It still boils down to the argument of a woman having 100% rights over her own body.  Some of us feel that there should be exceptions to the idea of body ownership....and some feel that it's the top right that we should protect.  

RE: Rubio: Life begins at conception - fredtoast - 08-11-2015

(08-11-2015, 03:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Where did I say fertilized eggs are humans?

Here

(08-09-2015, 11:20 AM)bfine32 Wrote: There was a time when the slave was recognized as less than human in this country. I'm sure there was a population that asserted this is how it should be and that folks that disagree with the status quo should just accept it. I. for one, am glad folks just didn't shut their mouths to this injustice. 

The Republican party freed the slaves, it appears they may be required again to save the unborn children.

(08-11-2015, 04:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here
Did you happen to go to school in Pat's County?

(08-11-2015, 05:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Did you happen to go to school in Pat's County?

He's a pretty smart guy so he might have.

(08-11-2015, 05:06 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: He's a pretty smart guy so he might have.

I have zero doubt that YOU are impressed.

RE: Rubio: Life begins at conception - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 08-11-2015

(08-07-2015, 05:04 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: He is right that the science is in.... That's a human baby, a human life.     It can't be anything else.

He is absolutely effin' wrong.  A human sperm or ova can't develop into a cat, but it isn't a human.  Is this the same Rubio who doesn't believe the science of evolution and climate change?  It's absolutely laughable this guy is the chair of a science subcommittee.  I might be the only person here who has taken classes in embryology and OB/GYN.  "Science" doesn't make the claim "this is when life begins."

[Image: pregnancy-wheel-a27829-1600x1600.jpg]

That's a pregnancy wheel used to estimate a woman's due date and how many weeks pregnant she is.  If a woman is 26 weeks pregnant, for example, the clock starts from the first day of her last menstrual cycle . . . or two weeks before fertilization.

(08-07-2015, 09:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If left unmolested would your hair follicle grow into a child?

Approximately 50% of zygotes don't implant in the uterus.  Approximately 30% of recognized pregnancies result in spontaneous abortions and the number one cause is chromosomal abnormalities.  Wasn't your "proof" of a creator the complexity of man or intelligent design?  Is that failure rate "proof" of a faulty design or "proof" your creator is the most prolific abortionist throughout history?

RE: Rubio: Life begins at conception - fredtoast - 08-11-2015

(08-11-2015, 05:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Did you happen to go to school in Pat's County?

Okay then, when do you believe that a fertilized egg becomes a human?

(08-08-2015, 10:17 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Where do you find this nonsense?

My kids are vaccinated but we made sure our doctors weren't using any cost cutting methods.  

Sorry I can't be like you and so quickly to trust random needles being stuck into my kids.  Using whatever cost cutting methods they can to save a buck.    Before my kids are injected with anything we know what they are using and how they are providing.  

every parent has the right to decide this, they don't have the right to flat out murder their child.    Not getting a vaccine will not kill you.

I can see since your down to name calling and changing the topic that your admitting we are correct on abortions.  

Glad your coming around,  there is hope for you yet.

What cost cutting measures were you looking for?

Not getting a vaccine can kill you.  Read the epidemiology data for each vaccine preventable disease before and after vaccinations were introduced in various countries.  Show me one country where the mortality rate has increased.

(08-11-2015, 06:01 PM)Nfredtoast Wrote: Okay then, when do you believe that a fertilized egg becomes a human?

When that shit is fertilized, yo!  It has 23 pairs of chromosomes that contain every single bit of data needed for an entire lifetime of human growth.  It's a human life.  It's a human being, albeit at the earliest possible stage.  

When do you believe that someone becomes human?