Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Draft Central (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Draft-Central)
+--- Thread: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** (/Thread-2024-NFL-DRAFT-THREAD)

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 04-25-2024

(04-25-2024, 11:25 PM)WhoDeyK Wrote: Mims was my pick in my what I think they’ll do mock. He’s screamed Bengals pick. He’s inexperienced but had all of the traits you could ever want with impressive but limited film. Personally I wish we’d fire Pollack and get someone in here who can actually develop talent because Mims has loads of it.

I'd have taken Mins over Murphy. Maybe Fuaga as well. Tossup with Latham. 

Limited snaps, but he isn't raw or has poor technique. When he played, he was excellent. 

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Luvnit2 - 04-25-2024

(04-25-2024, 11:21 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: CB 1 was sitting there who would have come in and made an immediate impact. Makes no damn sense. 

I would have been happy with a CB also, but no guarantee a CB beats out Turner, Cam- Taylor Britt and Hilton. Add Hill added into 3rd and long situations (6 DB's including safeties). They may also sit in year #1.

I think many forget Turner is only 20 or 21 years old. I think he will get better every game. Maybe our coaching staff feels our starting CB's are better than any CB's in the draft. 

People cry for development, then in next breath throw 1 year players under the bus. Makes no sense. 

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Bengalstripes9 - 04-25-2024

Honestly I would have loved to trade up one spot and grab Turner.
But the Vikings offer was much better I’m sure.

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - WeezyBengal - 04-25-2024

(04-25-2024, 11:27 PM)Nepa Wrote: If Mim hits, and develops, the Bengals will have a monster tackle for the future. But we have to sit on pins and needles until we know.

Based on recent past history the chances of him "developing" are not great. 

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Nately120 - 04-25-2024

(04-25-2024, 11:20 PM)jj22 Wrote: If Pittsburg or Baltimore had took Mims the board would meltdown.

I assume they've had a decent o line coach in the past 30 years, though.  Assume.

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Housh - 04-25-2024

How do they have an actual % rise in "hate"? How do you even measure "hate"?

Disregard this.......im drinking

wrong thread

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - BengalsLUFC - 04-25-2024

Bengals all over isn’t it ffs.

There were better players available he will play limited snap this year which is the complete opposite to what he needs.

Does anyone trust Pollack to bring him along?

The entire front office is becoming a joke.

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Fan_in_Kettering - 04-25-2024

(04-25-2024, 11:25 PM)ClarkHarris4Prez Wrote: I hate this pick. 3rd year in a row we take a player that AT BEST won’t contribute for a year, and THIS guy is going to be a bust.

If Amarius Mims was expected to start immediately I would completely agree with you…

…but he’s not. This isn’t a project. It’s a succession plan.

***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Millhouse - 04-25-2024

Not a fan of the pick. Just have to cross the fingers and hope.

Sent from my SM-T220 using Tapatalk

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - bengalsboy - 04-25-2024

(04-25-2024, 11:23 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: He’s not raw though, just limited starts.  The tape is excellent, and the guys he played against in practice are arguably better than anyone he played against in games.  Mims will be alright, and could relegate Volson to the bench while Brown plays out his contract.

He's 6'7 340.He's not playing guard.I like the pick.Mims has a ton of talent.Just lacks experience.

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - CottonHill - 04-25-2024

Guess what his weakness is….. pass blocking. Amazing they took a guy who won’t contribute this year. Go all in for once instead of trying to save money down the road

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Clark W Griswold - 04-25-2024

(04-25-2024, 11:21 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: CB 1 was sitting there who would have come in and made an immediate impact. Makes no damn sense. 

How many high picks do we need to use on CBs before we are good? A first and a second during the previous 2 drafts as well as a S who may end up in the slot. Thats not including Ivey and Battle either.

They have used more than enough draft capital on those spots - now they need to coach them up and have them play up to their talent.

Time to focus on the trenches

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - bfine32 - 04-25-2024

DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Luvnit2 - 04-25-2024

(04-25-2024, 11:30 PM)CottonHill Wrote: Guess what his weakness is….. pass blocking. Amazing they took a guy who won’t contribute this year. Go all in for once instead of trying to save money down the road

How are you weak and never give up a sack in college? 

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Housh - 04-25-2024

Not happy at that Pittburg pick but I will see him twice a year so ill know if i was right. Hes who i wanted before we got Mims.

Just couldnt hate the Mims pick

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - jj22 - 04-25-2024

Pitt was going tackle regardless. Now they got a tweener.

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - Joelist - 04-25-2024

(04-25-2024, 11:30 PM)CottonHill Wrote: Guess what his weakness is….. pass blocking. Amazing they took a guy who won’t contribute this year. Go all in for once instead of trying to save money down the road

He was actually perfect in pass protection. Remember he isn't raw just not as many snaps as some others. He also has decent technique already. The whole rap is just lack of starts in college. 

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - TKUHL - 04-25-2024

(04-25-2024, 11:18 PM)Bengalion Wrote: Amarius Mims' development is in the hands of Pollack. Think about that.

I’ve done over 100 mocks and we pick the one OL player I didn’t want and never selected in a single mock. You don’t pick project players in the first round. Pro bowl players regress under Pollack. I wanted OL but damn, had our pick on defensive play makers and we take a player who will not see a snap this year. I would have preferred a Center or Newton. Hope I’m wrong but I just don’t believe in Pollack.

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - jj22 - 04-25-2024

(04-25-2024, 11:33 PM)Joelist Wrote: He was actually perfect in pass protection. Remember he isn't raw just not as many snaps as some others. He also has decent technique already. The whole rap is just lack of starts in college. 

Right. He practiced against some talent at Georgia. 

RE: ***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD*** - BoomerFan - 04-25-2024

It sounds like you just be able to contribute to a team for the first 2-3 games in the NFL and some folks in this thread think you should go first overall.

I'd start a drinking game where you raise your glass each time someone demands a player who can "contribute now" but I think I'd hurt myself.