Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE (/Thread-BUNGLE-4-BURROW-COMPLETE)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - OswaldsLegacy - 12-29-2019

(12-29-2019, 02:00 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burrow vs Lawrence it is!

Give me Lawrence. 

Kid is still undefeated and last year they destroyed Alabama, which is historically a team that gives LSU fits.

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - CarolinaBengalFanGuy - 12-29-2019

(12-29-2019, 01:17 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, but Lawrence has silly hair.

Name another tall prototypical ugly QB from a orange south eastern area.

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - BengalsRocker - 12-29-2019

(12-29-2019, 02:19 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: But Bobby Hart on the other hand...

Yeah they were right about not finding an O-Lineman at Walmart.

He's a Dollar General or more likely Goodwill type of find.

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - Okay - 12-29-2019

At this point, anyone who doesn't think burrow should be the pick just likes playing contrarian. The dude is unreal.

BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - Bronxbengal - 12-29-2019

(12-28-2019, 07:59 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Maybe some who want to keep Andy and draft Young are disappointed. 

I have unfortunately watched many OSU games this year and don’t understand the hype for Chase Young. I see too many people say Burrows is successful due to the talent around him but couldn’t the same argument be said about Chase Young? I didn’t see Young do anything against better teams like Michigan or Clemson. IMO Young is just as big a risk as Burrows. I take Burrows

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - Bronxbengal - 12-29-2019

(12-29-2019, 02:18 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Yeah the Chase Young debate should be dead - he totally vanished the last month against good competition.

Agreed

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - Fan_in_Kettering - 12-29-2019

Joe Burrow is a terrific player; no doubt about it! He’s had a great season and he’s set college football records which may never be broken. The Cincinnati Bengals will make Burrow the first pick in the 2020 NFL Draft and he’ll get some solid sideline mentoring from Andy Dalton who Mike Brown, right or wrong, will not trade and demand he stay in Cincinnati though his last contract year.

When it comes to Joe Burrow I’m neither a detractor nor a contrarian. I am very cautious and extremely pragmatic. With this in mind please understand I want one and all to see what Joe can do against Clemson. I’m all for drafting him even if Clemson beats LSU badly but let’s temper our expectations once Joe becomes a Bengal. It’s one thing to rip the Oklahoma defense a new one and another thing to dominate the Ravens or Patriots with stellar quarterback play. I truly hope Joe can elevate his game in the NFL but as a lifetime fan of the Cincinnati Bengals I’m too realistic.

Will Joe Burrow be better than Andy Dalton? Yes, this will be painfully obvious during the first mini camp and onward into the future. There is no way Andy beats him out for the starting job. Andy knows this and it’s okay. For every established quarterback this awful day arrives.

My fear, however, is real: Zac Taylor’s offense is a mess and his play calling is atrocious. Great quarterbacks can overcome lots of adversity but no quarterback in the history of football has ever overcome incompetent coaching. When Joe Burrow comes to Cincinnati an offense will need to be created around his skills just like LSU did. Will the Bengals do this? Do the coaches have the brains to know they need to try?

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - Catmandude123 - 12-29-2019

(12-29-2019, 10:00 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: I have unfortunately watched many OSU games this year and don’t understand the hype for Chase Young.  I see too many people say Burrows is successful due to the talent around him but couldn’t the same argument be said about Chase Young?  I didn’t see Young do anything against better teams like Michigan or Clemson.  IMO Young is just as big a risk as Burrows.  I take Burrows

I believe that Young took his foot off the pedal the last few games. Unfortunately todays players don't want to jeopardize their draft position. No matter what he did Young was not going to be #1 so why risk it?

(12-29-2019, 10:32 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Joe Burrow is a terrific player; no doubt about it!  He’s had a great season and he’s set college football records which may never be broken.  The Cincinnati Bengals will make Burrow the first pick in the 2020 NFL Draft and he’ll get some solid sideline mentoring from Andy Dalton who Mike Brown, right or wrong, will not trade and demand he stay in Cincinnati though his last contract year.  

When it comes to Joe Burrow I’m neither a detractor nor a contrarian.  I am very cautious and extremely pragmatic.  With this in mind please understand I want one and all to see what Joe can do against Clemson.  I’m all for drafting him even if Clemson beats LSU badly but let’s temper our expectations once Joe becomes a Bengal.  It’s one thing to rip the Oklahoma defense a new one and another thing to dominate the Ravens or Patriots with stellar quarterback play.  I truly hope Joe can elevate his game in the NFL but as a lifetime fan of the Cincinnati Bengals I’m too realistic.

Will Joe Burrow be better than Andy Dalton?  Yes, this will be painfully obvious during the first mini camp and onward into the future.  There is no way Andy beats him out for the starting job.  Andy knows this and it’s okay.  For every established quarterback this awful day arrives.

My fear, however, is real:  Zac Taylor’s offense is a mess and his play calling is atrocious.  Great quarterbacks can overcome lots of adversity but no quarterback in the history of football has ever overcome incompetent coaching.  When Joe Burrow comes to Cincinnati an offense will need to be created around his skills just like LSU did.  Will the Bengals do this?  Do the coaches have the brains to know they need to try?
The offense, if you mean the players, were there when Joe got there. Did they design plays to showcase his strengths? Yes. Will Zac have the QB who he can design plays for? Yes. Will having a QB who can move in the pocket and throw on the run help? Hell yes. Opposing defenses will have to totally change their game plan when facing Burrow compared to Dalton. No one thinks there won't be a learning curve but we will be a better team in years to come. Whether it's Zac or any other manager you are only as good as the people around you. If you believe we had that this year you aren't being realistic.

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - Essex Johnson - 12-29-2019

(12-28-2019, 06:42 PM)N_B Wrote: Your analysis is based on...nothing

You might be right, but it’s probably under the category of dumb luck

First it was a stupid post that I replied to with a sarcasm  and if you look at what I posted before, I actually did have analysis why I have concerns about Burrows and like trading back and pick Herbert and extra pick/picks if possible.  

The staff should work out a few Qbs Burrows, Herbert, Fromm would be the three and whoever comes out on top is who we should look to draft. obviously Burrows has the great one year and fan fare etc.. but Taylor and his staff will use their metrics to decide and If they decide on Herbert then maybe we can trade back and fill other needs especially LB...with an extra pick

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - bfine32 - 12-29-2019

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

His last name ends in W not S

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - Bengalitis - 12-29-2019

I don't follow college football but took the opportunity to watch it last night to see Burrow in action as he will be very likely our #1 pick. One thing I noticed and made sure was to see how much time it took him to get rid of the ball, in average it was about 4 seconds. Then I remember in an NFL game they discussed how quickly Tom Brady got rid of the ball, under 2 seconds or so! Then watching Andy and counting how long it would take him to throw the ball, considerably longer in general with not so good results too. One thing for sure is that the NFL is way faster-paced than college, and the D is 10x quicker too. Watching Burrow he definitely had the arm and accuracy, but would he perform as well with playing at a faster paced NFL game???? This may be why some QBs that did well in college under performed in the NFL. Found this link too about QB ball release:
https://www.whitewolfsports.com/nfl/tom-brady-jimmy-garoppolo-among-quickest-nfl-quarterback-releases-throwing-motions/
Most in that list are in competitive teams. Makes one wonder.

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - Nately120 - 12-29-2019

(12-29-2019, 11:51 AM)bfine32 Wrote: PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

It isn't BURROS?

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - grampahol - 12-29-2019

Just think..The bengals could trade this pick to Jacksonville for Cedric Ogbuehi and use the savings to draft the entire Oklahoma secondary! What a way to sell tickets, huh? Every Jags fan in the country would buy in..  Ninja

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - jason - 12-29-2019

(12-29-2019, 10:00 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: I have unfortunately watched many OSU games this year and don’t understand the hype for Chase Young. I see too many people say Burrows is successful due to the talent around him but couldn’t the same argument be said about Chase Young? I didn’t see Young do anything against better teams like Michigan or Clemson. IMO Young is just as big a risk as Burrows. I take Burrows

Chase Young was occupying 3 blockers on that bullshit targeting penalty on Wade... 3 of them; and he still got to Lawrence. They're gonna take Burrow, but Young and Thomas are safer picks.

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - grampahol - 12-29-2019

(12-29-2019, 11:52 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: I don't follow college football but took the opportunity to watch it last night to see Burrow in action as he will be very likely our #1 pick. One thing I noticed and made sure was to see how much time it took him to get rid of the ball, in average it was about 4 seconds.  Then I remember in an NFL game they discussed how quickly Tom Brady got rid of the ball, under 2 seconds or so! Then watching Andy and counting how long it would take him to throw the ball, considerably longer in general with not so good results too.  One thing for sure is that the NFL is way faster-paced than college, and the D is 10x quicker too. Watching Burrow he definitely had the arm and accuracy, but would he perform as well with playing at a faster paced NFL game???? This may be why some QBs that did well in college under performed in the NFL. Found this link too about QB ball release:
https://www.whitewolfsports.com/nfl/tom-brady-jimmy-garoppolo-among-quickest-nfl-quarterback-releases-throwing-motions/

No need to worry. The bengals will have a historically great Oline as usual..  LMAO

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - Synric - 12-29-2019

(12-29-2019, 11:51 AM)bfine32 Wrote: PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

But on his Jersey it ends with an X

[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQm1NOZvSjvvFZh4f_rr...bd589HEIUv]

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - Synric - 12-29-2019

(12-29-2019, 11:52 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: I don't follow college football but took the opportunity to watch it last night to see Burrow in action as he will be very likely our #1 pick. One thing I noticed and made sure was to see how much time it took him to get rid of the ball, in average it was about 4 seconds.  Then I remember in an NFL game they discussed how quickly Tom Brady got rid of the ball, under 2 seconds or so! Then watching Andy and counting how long it would take him to throw the ball, considerably longer in general with not so good results too.  One thing for sure is that the NFL is way faster-paced than college, and the D is 10x quicker too. Watching Burrow he definitely had the arm and accuracy, but would he perform as well with playing at a faster paced NFL game???? This may be why some QBs that did well in college under performed in the NFL. Found this link too about QB ball release:

What happened was Oklahoma was trying to copy Auburn rushing 3 and dropping 8 because that was the only team that gave Burrow any trouble this season. If you watch the LSU vs Mississippi State or Alabama you see him getting the ball out quickly to his outlets. 

I guess instead of surveying the field and picking the defense apart he should just throw it in 2 seconds. I guess we need to see how long it takes him to do the Dalton dive into the fetal position.

RE: BUNGLE 4 BURROW COMPLETE - Bengalitis - 12-29-2019

(12-29-2019, 12:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It isn't BURROS?

Well, if he flops, he'll be the biggest burro in the team.

[Image: Burro_-_Red_Rock_Canyon_National_Conserv...6%29.2.jpg]