Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Week 18 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Bengals GameDay! (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Bengals-GameDay)
+---- Forum: GameDay Thread Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-GameDay-Thread-Archive)
+----- Forum: 2022 GameDay Threads (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-2022-GameDay-Threads)
+----- Thread: ***Week 18 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals*** (/Thread-Week-18-GameDay-Thread-Ravens-Bengals)

RE: ***Week 18 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals*** - Sled21 - 01-08-2023

To counting the Stools out if they get in, you can't do that because you know they get help from the refs. As to the 1st half, I think both Burrow and Higgins need this game, they both seem a little bit off.

RE: ***Week 18 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals*** - Fan_in_Kettering - 01-08-2023

(01-08-2023, 04:34 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Did CBS just have a long squealing sound on the telecast?

If not, something terrible is happening to my TV!

That was the sound of John Harbaugh’s brain exploding.

RE: ***Week 18 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals*** - Bengalstripes9 - 01-08-2023

(01-08-2023, 04:38 PM)jeremydc Wrote: Don't get too cocky

Don't worry so much.

RE: ***Week 18 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals*** - BobJones4980 - 01-08-2023

(01-08-2023, 04:37 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Ravens aren't doing sh.t in the postseason. It's between the Cheifs, Bills and Bengals and it isn't close.

Chargers are a good team too.  They'll be a tough out. But the rest of the teams--while good--aren't good enough.

You can tell we have been a bad franchise for a long time, we made it to the Super Bowl last year and have looked downright dominant the last half of this season and our fans are worried about teams like the Steelers. 

If we lose we lose but in no way should we be going into a playoff game against someone like the damn Steelers being scared.

RE: ***Week 18 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals*** - Tony - 01-08-2023

(01-08-2023, 04:34 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Did CBS just have a long squealing sound on the telecast?

If not, something terrible is happening to my TV!

My dog went nuts over that. I always got the soundboard cranked..

RE: ***Week 18 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals*** - Timanky12 - 01-08-2023

(01-08-2023, 04:37 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Ravens aren't doing sh.t in the postseason. It's between the Cheifs, Bills and Bengals and it isn't close.

Chargers are a good team too.  They'll be a tough out. But the rest of the teams--while good--aren't good enough.

There’s a reason every game is handicapped with a one score game.  Anything can happen and you could lose the game.

RE: ***Week 18 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals*** - Rubekahn29 - 01-08-2023

(01-08-2023, 04:40 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: There’s a reason every game is handicapped with a one score game.  Anything can happen and you could lose the game.

And we wouldn’t likely see them unless they upset the Chiefs, which I am okay with.

RE: ***Week 18 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals*** - sandwedge - 01-08-2023

(01-08-2023, 04:35 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah I was trying to figure out if my house was on fire or I was going to die of carbon monoxide poison.

something weird going on today. I still have no radio broadcast. 1 second Lap is talking and then dead air..   

RE: ***Week 18 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals*** - NUGDUKWE - 01-08-2023

I hope your right. There's at least a chance Lamar is back next week or Huntley is at least a game manager. Not to mention Andrews and Dobbins who's been looking good recently. Which is a little surprising with Dobbins cause it looks to me he's still not 100 percent watching him run.

RE: ***Week 18 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals*** - spazz70 - 01-08-2023

(01-08-2023, 04:38 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I am comfortable about this game, but I am not comfortable about the offense right now. They had one decent drive and it ended in a FG.

This offense has played about 5 minutes in the last 15 days.  I expected a slump after Monday night and that long off.

RE: ***Week 18 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals*** - TheCincinnatiKid - 01-08-2023

(01-08-2023, 04:38 PM)Sled21 Wrote: To counting the Stools out if they get in, you can't do that because you know they get help from the refs. As to the 1st half, I think both Burrow and Higgins need this game, they both seem a little bit off.

We can't play them until the AFCCG in any case. There is no way Kenny Pickett is the starting QB in the AFC Champ game this year..... surely?

RE: ***Week 18 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals*** - Sled21 - 01-08-2023

(01-08-2023, 04:40 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: You can tell we have been a bad franchise for a long time, we made it to the Super Bowl last year and have looked downright dominant the last half of this season and our fans are worried about teams like the Steelers. 

If we lose we lose but in no way should we be going into a playoff game against someone like the damn Steelers being scared.
2 reasons not to want to play the Stools. 1) The refs 2) The cheap shot attempts to injure our players

RE: ***Week 18 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals*** - michaelsean - 01-08-2023

(01-08-2023, 04:43 PM)spazz70 Wrote: This offense has played about 5 minutes in the last 15 days.  I expected a slump after Monday night and that long off.

Yes that’s why I would like them to keep playing. Get back into a rhythm.

RE: ***Week 18 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals*** - BobJones4980 - 01-08-2023

(01-08-2023, 04:44 PM)Sled21 Wrote: 2 reasons not to want to play the Stools. 1) The refs 2) The cheap shot attempts to injure our players

No doubt but as far as teams to play go they have to be one of the worst teams in the conversation to make the playoffs.

RE: ***Week 18 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals*** - Bengalstripes9 - 01-08-2023

(01-08-2023, 04:40 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: There’s a reason every game is handicapped with a one score game.  Anything can happen and you could lose the game.

O ye of little faith.

It's possible we lose to Buffalo or the Chiefs. But I don't see it happening.
This team is on a mission.

Anything can happen in the Super Bowl as well. Hopefully we can use our experience to pull it out this year.

I don't see any reality in which we lose in the opening round of the playoffs. 

RE: ***Week 18 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals*** - Bengalion - 01-08-2023

Mixon's going to be fined for that coin flip celebration. The league will not let Mixon get away with that.

RE: ***Week 18 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals*** - Fan_in_Kettering - 01-08-2023

Phil Simms is so full of poop. He’s claiming John Harbaugh is letting the Ravens “build up anger” going into the playoffs.

RE: ***Week 18 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals*** - Timanky12 - 01-08-2023

(01-08-2023, 04:43 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: We can't play them until the AFCCG in any case. There is no way Kenny Pickett is the starting QB in the AFC Champ game this year..... surely?

If we win today and Buffalo loses, and Pittsburgh gets in, we play them at home next week as the #2 seed

RE: ***Week 18 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals*** - TheCincinnatiKid - 01-08-2023

(01-08-2023, 04:46 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Phil Simms is so full of poop.  He’s claiming John Harbaugh is letting the Ravens “build up anger” going into the playoffs.

Ah the old 'get absolutely rinsed by the team you'll play again next week' tactic....

RE: ***Week 18 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals*** - Joelist - 01-08-2023

(01-08-2023, 04:45 PM)Bengalion Wrote: Mixon's going to be finned for that coin flip celebration. The league will not let Mixon get away with that.

Really the league should let it go - they already look bad with the arbitrary rules changes and to fine Mixon for protesting the obvious makes them look even worse.