Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Joe Burrow injury updates - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Joe Burrow injury updates (/Thread-Joe-Burrow-injury-updates)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - chrisball96 - 08-16-2023

(08-16-2023, 11:03 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yeah, some coaches are like that. I am an Oregon fan and Oregon's former coach Mario Cristobal was like this. If someone was injured, you got zero specifics. It was a policy of his to not discuss injuries in-depth. Seems like Zac is the same way. 

Same here as a Wolverine fan with Harbaugh. They treat injury information like the codes to America’s nuclear missiles. It is just not a topic up for discussion. You know a guy is going to play when they line up for the first snap of the game basically.

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - KillerGoose - 08-16-2023

(08-16-2023, 11:06 PM)chrisball96 Wrote: Same here as a Wolverine fan with Harbaugh. They treat injury information like the codes to America’s nuclear missiles. It is just not a topic up for discussion. You know a guy is going to play when they line up for the first snap of the game basically.

Yep, exactly. I am pretty sure Cristobal gave that exact answer one time, something to the effect of "you'll know if he is healthy if he steps on the field Saturday." Something like that. I can understand it a little more in college, to be fair, but I agree with breech that in the NFL is a little strange if the goal is some kind of informational advantage. He may not be doing it that way, of course, but still. 

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - Bengalfan4life27c - 08-17-2023

It's not like Bengals had any plans of playing Burrow in the pre -season. As PFT stated We truly wont know anything until Wednesday before opener when they have to release week 1 injury report

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 08-18-2023

(08-16-2023, 11:03 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yeah, some coaches are like that. I am an Oregon fan and Oregon's former coach Mario Cristobal was like this. If someone was injured, you got zero specifics. It was a policy of his to not discuss injuries in-depth. Seems like Zac is the same way. 

We visited the campus in the spring. I did not know Oregon had to plant a buckeye tree on campus for losing a bet to Ohio State. Got to do some hiking. Visited the coast. I’d love to go back and spend some more time outdoors if I get the chance.

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - bfine32 - 08-18-2023

If I were JB and his agent my calf would continue to hurt until I get a new contract.

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - Sled21 - 08-18-2023

(08-18-2023, 12:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If I were JB and his agent my calf would continue to hurt until I get a new contract.

I'm quite sure Joe's agent is saying that, I'm just not sure that's in Joe's DNA

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - BengalBob - 08-18-2023

(08-18-2023, 12:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If I were JB and his agent my calf would continue to hurt until I get a new contract.

This is exactly why this weekend is the perfect time for the extension.

Sign and announce on Saturday and then a couple of weeks of practice before week 1

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - RegularGuy22 - 08-18-2023

(08-18-2023, 01:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm quite sure Joe's agent is saying that, I'm just not sure that's in Joe's DNA

Yea, that would be shitty. I get the feel from listening to JB that winning is paramount to him. He knows he will be paid well.

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - NotBigzo - 08-18-2023

Burrow didn't take the trip to Atlanta, per Kelsey Conway.

The signs of progress he showed last week makes me want to give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he's staying to continue negotiating his contract?

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - Wyche'sWarrior - 08-18-2023

(08-18-2023, 03:45 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Burrow didn't take the trip to Atlanta, per Kelsey Conway.

The signs of progress he showed last week makes me want to give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he's staying to continue negotiating his contract?

.....or more rehab.

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - chrisball96 - 08-18-2023

(08-18-2023, 03:50 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....or more rehab.

I did see an article that said that very thing (https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/joe-burrow-didnt-travel-with-bengals-atlanta-rehab-schedule) but I don't think it's been officially confirmed yet. 

Though I wouldn't be surprised, rehab is better than traveling all that way just to stand around. It would be a good choice. 

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 08-18-2023

(08-18-2023, 03:45 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Burrow didn't take the trip to Atlanta, per Kelsey Conway.

Does Burrow serve as his own agent?

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - pally - 08-18-2023

(08-18-2023, 04:32 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Does Burrow serve as his own agent?

nope

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - casear2727 - 08-18-2023

Maybe he is staying to put Mulugheta in a head lock to force Tee's deal to get done so he can sign his?

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - chrisball96 - 08-19-2023

It just seems like at this point this team has a great chance to be successful this year. But Burrow has had injuries, can’t deny it. Investing above average money in a solid backup QB would be a very good idea in my opinion, especially after seeing how our backup QB’s have struggled in the preseason. I know money is tight but a safety net here appears to be worth it.

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - Housh - 08-19-2023

(08-19-2023, 12:03 AM)chrisball96 Wrote: It just seems like at this point this team has a great chance to be successful this year. But Burrow has had injuries, can’t deny it. Investing above average money in a solid backup QB would be a very good idea in my opinion, especially after seeing how our backup QB’s have struggled in the preseason. I know money is tight but a safety net here appears to be worth it.

Trey Lance is available for trade.
Matt Ryan is available to sign.

Any teams in the 49ers situation where they’ve got 3 solid QBs where we could trade for one very cheaply?

I would hate for this season to end because Burrow went down and the backup QB was worthless

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - KillerGoose - 08-19-2023

(08-19-2023, 12:09 AM)Housh Wrote: Trey Lance is available for trade.
Matt Ryan is available to sign.

Any teams in the 49ers situation where they’ve got 3 solid QBs where we could trade for one very cheaply?

I would hate for this season to end because Burrow went down and the backup QB was worthless

Matt Ryan isn’t an option. He isn’t going to come back and be a back-up. He has a high paying gig as an analyst for CBS. The only way he comes back is if someone’s starter goes down and they need a guy to come start some games.

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - TheLeonardLeap - 08-19-2023

Burrow's price is going up to $70m/yr.

He's just going to show game film of any Zac Taylor offense where Joe Burrow isn't on the field and they'll meet his demands immediately.

Ninja (but only sorta)

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - wanga - 08-19-2023

I’ll be happy if he makes it back by week 3 healthy and happy.

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - jj22 - 08-19-2023

I would say we’ll know for sure where he is at in rehab after next week. He’ll have to start practicing soon if he’s going to make week 1.