Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Trump's First 100 Days - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Trump's First 100 Days (/Thread-Trump-s-First-100-Days)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Trump's First 100 Days - BmorePat87 - 04-28-2017

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/28/trump-presidency-easier-previous-life-237728

Trump says he thought this would be easier than his old life. He misses his privacy and feels like he lives in a cocoon.

RE: Trump's First 100 Days - michaelsean - 04-28-2017

(04-28-2017, 08:57 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The ones who stopped it the first time or the second time?

At first it didn't have the votes because of the "Freedom" Caucus. Then it didn't have the votes because of moderates. 

Both times.  Total obstructionists.

(04-28-2017, 09:05 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/28/trump-presidency-easier-previous-life-237728

Trump says he thought this would be easier than his old life. He misses his privacy and feels like he lives in a cocoon.

Well you couldn't know that beforehand.     LOL

RE: Trump's First 100 Days - Fan_in_Kettering - 04-28-2017

Donald Trump's biggest obstacle is Paul Ryan.

RE: Trump's First 100 Days - GMDino - 04-28-2017

(04-28-2017, 09:05 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/28/trump-presidency-easier-previous-life-237728

I suppose that falls under be careful what you wish for.  He loves the adulation and spotlight.  He didn't realize the light would ALWAYS be on and he'd have to hear from people who disagree or don't like him.  And he couldn't just have security beat them up and throw them out.   Smirk

(04-28-2017, 09:50 AM)GMDino Wrote: I suppose that falls under be careful what you wish for.  He loves the adulation and spotlight.  He didn't realize the light would ALWAYS be on and he'd have to hear from people who disagree or don't like him.  And he couldn't just have security beat them up and throw them out.   Smirk

It's like they really don't believe it.  I think Obama felt the same way about being stuck in the White House and tried to get away as much as possible.  I think it would be a nightmare.

RE: Trump's First 100 Days - bengal_fan_in_toronto - 04-28-2017

If we go to war over NAFTA I'm still allowed to cross the border to watch football games right?

let me know guys.

(please no nukes)

RE: Trump's First 100 Days - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 04-28-2017

(04-28-2017, 09:46 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Donald Trump's biggest obstacle is Paul Ryan.

Donald Trump's biggest obstacle is himself.

RE: Trump's First 100 Days - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 04-28-2017

https://www.yahoo.com/news/exclusive-trump-says-major-major-conflict-north-korea-005707968.html

Irresponsible.

RE: Trump's First 100 Days - GMDino - 04-28-2017

(04-28-2017, 12:04 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Donald Trump's biggest obstacle is himself.

And how could he have known that being a megalomaniac that demands everyone say he is right all the time wouldn't work as POTUS?
Ninja

RE: Trump's First 100 Days - Griever - 04-28-2017

but im sure he plays more golf now than he did this

RE: Trump's First 100 Days - GMDino - 04-29-2017

So we've reached the 100 day marker.

Trump promised a lot and failed to deliver on a lot.

What have we seen so far?

A roll back of regulations to protect water from mine runoff and dumping that were passed a few months ago but the POTUS said had killed mining jobs...even though mining has been on the decline for years.

A bunch of EOs telling his people to "look into" various things.

No new healthcare that is great and cheap and provides more fore less.

No tax reform.

Bluster and loose lips about Syria and North Korea.

Not only no wall, not only Mexico not paying for a wall, but threats to cut funding to the ACA if WE do not pay for the wall.

Hundreds of positions with no nominations to fill the seats.

Trump has shown some ability to step back from his snake oil pitches and realize that he can't always get what he wants.  NAFTA, NATO, China as a currency manipulator, etc.

All seriousness aside does anyone want to add to his list of accomplishments since his inauguration?

RE: Trump's First 100 Days - BmorePat87 - 04-29-2017

Most successful 100 days in US history according to Trump

RE: Trump's First 100 Days - GMDino - 04-29-2017

(04-29-2017, 09:41 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Most successful 100 days in US history according to Trump

Indeed.

Here is what the White House is touting:

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2017/images/04/24/accomplishments.100.days.pdf

RE: Trump's First 100 Days - ballsofsteel - 04-29-2017

According to Republican talking head Ann Navarro, in his first 100 days, Trump has told over 430 lies or mis-truths

RE: Trump's First 100 Days - GMDino - 05-08-2017

I realize his 100 days are up, but rather than start a new thread I'll post this here since we talked about the Flynn trouble.

http://crooksandliars.com/2017/05/obama-warned-trump-not-hire-flynn

[/url]
Quote:President Obama Warned Trump Not To Hire Gen. Flynn

Days after the general election, President Obama warned president-elect Trump not to hire Gen. Michael Flynn, NBC News reports.
Earlier this morning, MSNBC's Chris Jansing said, "We are confirming that former president Obama warned Donald Trump against hiring Michael Flynn and this happened just days after the election."

As usual, Trump refused to take any responsibility for not vetting any of his people properly, including Gen. Flynn.

Quote: Follow
[Image: DJT_Headshot_V2_normal.jpg]Donald J. Trump 

@realDonaldTrump
General Flynn was given the highest security clearance by the Obama Administration - but the Fake News seldom likes talking about that.
7:57 AM - 8 May 2017

President Obama fired Gen. Flynn in the summer of 2014 as his DIA director and it was up to the Trump campaign to re-vet his cantankerous supporter.

Kristen Welker reports that Trump says he didn't take Obama's warning seriously because Flynn had campaigned against Hillary Clinton.

Quote:Follow
[Image: tTocueCd_normal.jpg]NBC News 

@NBCNews
Trump admin official confirms Obama raised issue of Flynn, but says it seemed like the remark was made “in jest” http://nbcnews.to/2qJAMeU 
11:44 AM - 8 May 2017
[Image: 6y77r7mT?format=jpg&name=600x314]
[url=https://t.co/yseMfCmlDT]Obama warned Trump against hiring Mike Flynn, say officials
The warning came less than 48 hours after the November election when the two sat down for a conversation in the Oval Office.
nbcnews.com

Quote:Obama: Don't hire Flynn.
Trump: Stop joking.
Obama: I''m not joking
Trump: "I know you are but what am I"

Welker said, "So the administration not denying that conversation took place, Chris, which I think is the bottom line here, but they are trying to downplay it, they're saying from the perspective of president-elect Trump, he didn't think at the time that it was a substantive warning."

She continued, "Having said all of that, we did speak with a number of top officials from the Obama administration who say just the opposite, that it was, in fact, a substantive warning that took place during that first 90-minute conversation they had here in the Oval Office."

RE: Trump's First 100 Days - tigerseye - 05-09-2017

He is attempting to repair our economy and bring manufacturing back.  (Probably to little to late for the economy)

Trying to keep terrorists out so we don't become like the disaster these other countries have become with terrorist attacks. (Bought and paid for globalist corporate owned judges and politicians fighting him every step of the way to allow them in.)

The top .0000000000001% of the richest people in the world are fighting him with everything they got. ($, paid for protestors, indoctrinated college students, paid for judges and politicians, HRC and Obamas crew, Main Stream Propaganda Outlets, etc...)

I don't agree with everything he has done but considering that the left (and some on the right) are being obstructionist to most of the things he is trying to do, he is accomplishing some positive things.

Getting a judge in the SC that doesn't make decisions based on politics and actually uses the law is an A+ just on its own merits.

He is trying to bring jobs back. If you think about it ,it is sad that the Presidency is won because the candidate says he will do what is best for the country , put us first and try to rebuild our economy.

Shouldn't it just be a given that they will all do that and that its not some new great idea.

Sadly it is not what these other Presidents have been doing ,they have sold us out to globalism and it has crushed our country.

Our country is in bad shape economicaly and there is going to be a point when we will not be able to help our own people. (not to mention people from other countries)

There is a Tsunami coming and its not going to be pretty.

God Bless America.

RE: Trump's First 100 Days - GMDino - 05-09-2017

Just like Trump was deleting his past Tweets during a debate last year President Trump is having his website cleansed as his past words come back to haunt him...again.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/05/08/preventing-muslim-immigration-statement-disappears-donald-trump-campaign-site/101436780/

Quote:On Monday morning, President Trump's campaign website featured his December 2015 statement about "preventing Muslim immigration."

Later that afternoon, it did not.

The deletion of the statement appeared to come after Cecilia Vega of ABC News asked at Monday's White House press briefing about the statement: "If this White House is no longer calling this a Muslim ban as it did initially, why does the president's website still explicitly call for 'preventing Muslim immigration'?"

Trump spokesman Sean Spicer replied that he wasn't aware of what was on dthe campaign's website and referred questions about the statement to campaign staff.

"I know how we've talked about this from the first day of this administration: as a travel ban that's in this country's national security interests, as to make sure that people who are coming in here, are coming in here with the right motive and reason," he said. "We've been very consistent."
[/url]

The statement first appeared on Trump's campaign website on Dec. 7, 2015, less than a week after a Muslim couple killed 14 people and injured 22 others in a mass shooting in San Bernardino. Then a candidate in the GOP primary season, Trump stood by his statement. And while it was controversial, it clearly didn't stop Trump's momentum.

Why did it come up now? The president's second attempt at a travel ban on six Muslim majority countries [url=https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/05/07/trumps-immigration-travel-ban-faces-familiar-foe-appeals-courts-trump/101334230/]began on Monday a new round of federal court hearings
. The statement was brought up during proceedings in Richmond.

For the record, here's the full statement from Trump's site (courtesy of the Internet Archive):

Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on. According to Pew Research, among others, there is great hatred towards Americans by large segments of the Muslim population. Most recently, a poll from the Center for Security Policy released data showing "25% of those polled agreed that violence against Americans here in the United States is justified as a part of the global jihad" and 51% of those polled, "agreed that Muslims in America should have the choice of being governed according to Shariah." Shariah authorizes such atrocities as murder against non-believers who won't convert, beheadings and more unthinkable acts that pose great harm to Americans, especially women.

Mr. Trump stated, "Without looking at the various polling data, it is obvious to anybody the hatred is beyond comprehension. Where this hatred comes from and why we will have to determine. Until we are able to determine and understand this problem and the dangerous threat it poses, our country cannot be the victims of horrendous attacks by people that believe only in Jihad, and have no sense of reason or respect for human life. If I win the election for President, we are going to Make America Great Again."

RE: Trump's First 100 Days - hollodero - 05-09-2017

(05-09-2017, 01:15 AM)tigerseye Wrote: The top .0000000000001% of the richest people in the world are fighting him with everything they got. ($, paid for protestors, indoctrinated college students, paid for judges and politicians, HRC and Obamas crew, Main Stream Propaganda Outlets, etc...)

I can see all and respectfully disagree with most of your other views, but this one just gets me puzzled. 
First off, you thesis seems hard to believe to begin with. Rich people benefit from the Trump presidency the most, there can be no doubt about that. Not only is he himself, for all you know, one of those. And some others sit in his cabinet. Also they get significant cuts and benefits and a turn down on regulations and everything they could wish for. You might find the exception "globalism", but that is not really profound. Trump, for all you see, is trying to lure the rich to put "America first", not to threaten them. He just gives them more money to follow through. Why would any rich person be inherently against Trump, that makes no sense to me.

Except, of course, for ideological reasons. But you have no proof for any of the things you mentioned. Paid protesters, if even existing, certainly don't make up for a significant part of protesters, not without leaving tons of evidence. If you believe otherwise, you go down the chemtrail. College students are indoctrinated by dreamy left ideas and youthful hotheadedness, I don't defend some of their more ridiculous or even dangerous outbursts, but they are just who they are. Your politicians are all paid for in one way or another, how would Trump change that? And Main Stream Propaganda is such a strange term - as if FOX, this gigantic media moloch, really could be seen as an "outsider". And not being (in this case pro-Republican, pro-Trump) propaganda, for that matter.

This all doesn't qualify as a valid point to make. It seems.

RE: Trump's First 100 Days - Dill - 05-10-2017

(05-09-2017, 01:15 AM)tigerseye Wrote: Trying to keep terrorists out so we don't become like the disaster these other countries have become with terrorist attacks. (Bought and paid for globalist corporate owned judges and politicians fighting him every step of the way to allow them in.)

Getting a judge in the SC that doesn't make decisions based on politics and actually uses the law is an A+ just on its own merits.

He is trying to bring jobs back. If you think about it ,it is sad that the Presidency is won because the candidate says he will do what is best for the country , put us first and try to rebuild our economy.

Shouldn't it just be a given that they will all do that and that its not some new great idea.

Sadly it is not what these other Presidents have been doing ,they have sold us out to globalism and it has crushed our country.

Our country is in bad shape economicaly and there is going to be a point when we will not be able to help our own people. (not to mention people from other countries)

There is a Tsunami coming and its not going to be pretty.

This is puzzling, Tiger.

All pre-Trump presidents wanted to keep us safe and "keep the terrorists out," didn't they?  All said they wanted to do what was best for the country and rebuild the economy. I don't think that calling the Russian threat "fake news" is keeping the US safe.

Which corporations are buying judges, and why would such judges block Trump policies?  Are the policies anti-corporate?
A judge who rules the way Trump wants would be using the law on its own merits?
A lot of jobs are gone because coal is becoming impractical and automation is replacing jobs. I don't hear Trump saying much about this.

I don't understand what you mean by "put us first"? What president has not put "us" first? What does NOT putting us first look like? I have been an American all my life and I don't recall anyone else but myself and other Americans being put first in America. Can you give an example of a non-American being "put first" somewhere? Do you mean maybe an Indian gets a job in Silicon Valley because he can provide some service to a business that no American can?

Are you in favor of leftist solutions, like some represented by Sanders?