Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Joe Burrow injury updates - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Joe Burrow injury updates (/Thread-Joe-Burrow-injury-updates)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - Nately120 - 08-19-2023

(08-19-2023, 04:42 AM)wanga Wrote: I’ll be happy if he makes it back by week 3 healthy and happy.

Apparently I haven't kept up on this if this is an idea folks have.  I assumed he'd be ok for week 1.  I guess we will wait and see.

HOMER TAKE - I'd take Burrow down 0-3 to win the division over the other QBs in the AFC North.

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - Essex Johnson - 08-19-2023

(08-19-2023, 12:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Apparently I haven't kept up on this if this is an idea folks have.  I assumed he'd be ok for week 1.  I guess we will wait and see.

HOMER TAKE - I'd take Burrow down 0-3 to win the division over the other QBs in the AFC North.

I think we underestimate Lamar, if he stayed healthy last year very likely we are WC..and I can't see Watson playing like he did plus Steelers offense will be better and they still have a good def.

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-19-2023

(08-19-2023, 12:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Apparently I haven't kept up on this if this is an idea folks have.  I assumed he'd be ok for week 1.  I guess we will wait and see.

Burrow will be practicing the week before we play the Stains and he will be ready for the opener....

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - Housh - 08-19-2023

(08-19-2023, 10:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Burrow will be practicing the week before we play the Stains and he will be ready for the opener....

I’d sure love 2 weeks of practice before the opener but this looks like the smarter plan even if he is fine 2-4 weeks beofre the opener

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - bfine32 - 08-20-2023

(08-18-2023, 01:55 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Yea, that would be shitty. I get the feel from listening to JB that winning is paramount to him. He knows he will be paid well.

He doesn't "know" anything of the sort. Hurts has been taken care of,  Herbert has been taken care of. JB has not. Luckily the latest injury was just a calf. Joe did his part. He showed up without a fuss and then got injured. 

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - Mike M (the other one) - 08-20-2023

(08-20-2023, 12:22 AM)bfine32 Wrote: He doesn't "know" anything of the sort. Hurts has been taken care of,  Herbert has been taken care of. JB has not. Luckily the latest injury was just a calf. Joe did his part. He showed up without a fuss and then got injured. 

Just stop. Good Bengal QB's have always been taken care of on their 2nd contracts.

(08-20-2023, 12:29 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Just stop. Good Bengal QB's have always been taken care of on their 2nd contracts.

What did Greg Cook get?

There is no "just stop".

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - Mike M (the other one) - 08-20-2023

(08-20-2023, 12:30 AM)bfine32 Wrote: What did Greg Cook get?

There is no "just stop".

Wow you had to go back THAT far! And picked a guy that only played 1 year and had 3 major surgeries that pretty much ended his career before he even had the option of signing a second contract, He only played one season and was retired  in his 4th year.

So yea, just stop with your nonsense about Burrow not knowing that the Bengals will take care of him. 

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - sandwedge - 08-20-2023

(08-20-2023, 12:22 AM)bfine32 Wrote: He doesn't "know" anything of the sort. Hurts has been taken care of,  Herbert has been taken care of. JB has not. Luckily the latest injury was just a calf. Joe did his part. He showed up without a fuss and then got injured. 

You don't think Joe knows that he is about to hit paydirt? 

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - Rotobeast - 08-20-2023

(08-19-2023, 12:21 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Matt Ryan isn’t an option. He isn’t going to come back and be a back-up. He has a high paying gig as an analyst for CBS. The only way he comes back is if someone’s starter goes down and they need a guy to come start some games.

I humbly disagree.
I believe he'd accept a backup role (although not for peanuts) for a legitimate shot at a ring. I think I read he's hanging out at Atlanta's practices, though.
I'd rather have Foles anyway.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - Whacked - 08-20-2023

(08-19-2023, 04:12 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I think we underestimate Lamar, if he stayed healthy last year very likely we are WC..and I can't see Watson playing like he did plus Steelers offense will be better and they still have a good def.

Same.

To add to this, I think our D took a small step back losing Bell and Bates.
Just not sold on Hill and Scott being par for par for them. I wasn’t a huge Bell fan but he made enough plays and knew our system well enough to respect him. He was “decent”. I loved me some Bell.

I think losing Perine and Hurst are also other small steps back that will be seen/felt.

I think overall, we have taken a small step back, even if the O-line has improved a bit.

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - chrisball96 - 08-20-2023

(08-20-2023, 07:26 AM)Whacked Wrote: Same.

Just not sold on Hill and Scott being par for par for them. I wasn’t a huge Bell fan but he made enough plays and knew our system well enough to respect him. He was “decent”. I loved me some Bell.

I think losing Perine and Hurst are also other small steps back that will be seen/felt.

I think overall, we have taken a small step back, even if the O-line has improved a bit.

Respect everything you said. My hope is that, at least on offense, the improvement that we’ve had on the offensive line means a huge boost for Burrow being able to have time to throw, which could offset the losses you mention. You’re right about the running game though, it needs to find a way to manifest because I don’t care how good your QB is it is a huge detriment to not be able to run the ball just a little.

As for the defense I am cautiously optimistic but with these guys not playing together and Dax starting for the first time, I honestly don’t know what to expect until they lace them up and play for real.

(08-20-2023, 01:04 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Wow you had to go back THAT far! And picked a guy that only played 1 year and had 3 major surgeries that pretty much ended his career before he even had the option of signing a second contract, He only played one season and was retired  in his 4th year.

So yea, just stop with your nonsense about Burrow not knowing that the Bengals will take care of him. 

(08-20-2023, 01:11 AM)sandwedge Wrote: You don't think Joe knows that he is about to hit paydirt? 

Yes, Loe knows if he remains healthy he's going to get paid. He's also know that all the elite QBs have been taken care of while he rehabs an injury on his rookie deal. All I said before told to "just stop" is that if I were JB and his agent my calf would remain sore until I've received long-term security because the next injury may be more than a pulled muscle and then he's in the same boat as Tua.

**DISCLAIMER: Before the usual missing-the-point retorts come in. I'm not predicting Joe will suffer another serious injury. I know he's better than Tua. joe doesn't want to sit in. Joe wants teammates to get paid as well.

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - RegularGuy22 - 08-20-2023

You seem to be flip flopping back and forth on this. I don't think this calf injury has anything to do with his contract. If JB would actually pull a stunt like his calf "still" isn't ready yet till I get my contract then I would lose about all respect for him. That would be selfish and putting himself before the team and his teammates. If his agent is thinking that then shame on him as well. As I said yesterday, Joe is concentrating on this season and being the best he can be and he KNOWS he will be paid well. Injuries are always part of this business, players, agents and owners know it as well.

Isn't that the same thing Lamar pulled last year with the Ravens? His knee injury seemed to last the rest of the season clear thru the playoff game here. Yea he did get his contract but it was obvious what he did.

(08-20-2023, 10:53 AM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: You seem to be flip flopping back and forth on this. I don't think this calf injury has anything to do with his contract. If JB would actually pull a stunt like his calf "still" isn't ready yet till I get my contract then I would lose about all respect for him. That would be selfish and putting himself before the team and his teammates. If his agent is thinking that then shame on him as well. As I said yesterday, Joe is concentrating on this season and being the best he can be and he KNOWS he will be paid well. Injuries are always part of this business, players, agents and owners know it as well.

Zero idea where the "flip flop" came as my position has remained unchanged. 

Why hasn't Tua received an extension just like Herbert and Hurts? 

I'd venture to assert you're the one flip-flopping as you state you'd lose "all respect" for JB if he made a business move and then state the NFL is a business.

Hey, not trying to start any arguments with you at all, I enjoy discussions with folks here it's all good for us. No idea why Tua hasn't signed yet I don't follow other teams drama much although I did read about Lamar's deal since they were coming here for the playoff game. It just seems to me that JB wants to win a ring or two here and that he figures his contract will work itself out with Katie, his agent and himself while he still gets a contract he is comfy with while possibly still getting Chase and Tee signed as well.

Yes, it is a business, a huge business but maybe just maybe we have a guy who is willing to sign a deal that allows his other playmakers to also get good contracts here for a few years and possibly win a ring or two.

(08-20-2023, 11:13 AM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Hey, not trying to start any arguments with you at all, I enjoy discussions with folks here it's all good for us. No idea why Tua hasn't signed yet I don't follow other teams drama much although I did read about Lamar's deal since they were coming here for the playoff game. It just seems to me that JB wants to win a ring or two here and that he figures his contract will work itself out with Katie, his agent and himself while he still gets a contract he is comfy with while possibly still getting Chase and Tee signed as well.

[Image: talladega-nights-498-x-199-gif-fkfw7ldc84mscvwb.gif]

Never mind. No problem.

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - NUGDUKWE - 08-20-2023

(08-20-2023, 07:26 AM)Whacked Wrote: Same.

I don't want to read too much into a preseason game. But after watching the 1st team defense a few times. Dax came up in the box and made some nice solo tackles on Bijan ( just some nice no nonsense wrap your legs tackles ) reminded me of Bates. That's what I wanted to see and I think if he's doing that mixed with his athleticism I'm hoping either we don't notice a drop-off or maybe even an improvement in the form of ints. Losing Bell is the one I'm worried about. I don't think we have anyone that can match his physicality. Maybe guys that can be close and have better coverage skills which maybe balance out but Bell still had a knack for being around the ball.

I'm also hoping we hear Burrow is back at practice this week. Of course I haven't heard any news about him working out on the rehab field. I wonder if that will have to be a step he has to take before he practices? Or if maybe they're doing that work away from the cameras.

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - NUGDUKWE - 08-20-2023

(08-20-2023, 11:13 AM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Hey, not trying to start any arguments with you at all, I enjoy discussions with folks here it's all good for us. No idea why Tua hasn't signed yet I don't follow other teams drama much although I did read about Lamar's deal since they were coming here for the playoff game. It just seems to me that JB wants to win a ring or two here and that he figures his contract will work itself out with Katie, his agent and himself while he still gets a contract he is comfy with while possibly still getting Chase and Tee signed as well.

Yes, it is a business, a huge business but maybe just maybe we have a guy who is willing to sign a deal that allows his other playmakers to also get  good contracts here for a few years and possibly win a ring or two.

I don't really think we will get a discount. I think and hope that the contract #s are already pretty much set. With all the QBs signing and pretty much just getting a little more than the last. Just give him a little more than Herbert which I think was the last guy. My concern would be that Burrow or more specifically his agent would be like what has Herbert done compared to Burrow? So we aren't talking about a little step up we are talking about a reset the market for a Super Bowl caliber QB.