Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Freddy Gray Payout - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Freddy Gray Payout (/Thread-Freddy-Gray-Payout)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Freddy Gray Payout - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 07-27-2016

(07-27-2016, 08:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: Gray was suppose to be too.

Funny that.

A man died in the back of a van.  No one knows how.  That's sad.

It is sad, it's just not criminal.  What is almost equally sad is a state attorney who thinks her job is to appease a mob and make social statements instead of making decisions based on evidence and the law.  Any hope of securing any convictions died the day she held her grandstanding, soap box preacher style, press conference and reported her inane list of charges.  If you really think something unjust occurred the day that Gray died then the person you should be most upset with is Mosby, she failed to do her job in just about every way possible and IMO, and that of several other bench officers I know, she conducted herself in an unethical manner. 

RE: Freddy Gray Payout - JustWinBaby - 07-27-2016

(07-27-2016, 08:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: Gray was suppose to be too.

Funny that.

A man died in the back of a van.  No one knows how.  That's sad.

Yes, he was supposed to be....because that's how it was determined past such accidents can be prevented.  

It's negligence, not criminal.

RE: Freddy Gray Payout - GMDino - 07-27-2016

(06-09-2016, 04:48 PM)Benton Wrote: Even if he cause the injuries himself, they would still face a charge of some kind like gross negligence. Which is loads better than murder, but it's going to be tough to convince a jury a guy broke his own spine while in custody.

(07-27-2016, 12:47 PM)GMDino Wrote: I guess if they never go to trial that won't be a problem.

(07-27-2016, 04:52 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Except for the ones that did and were found not guilty.  Or a hung jury (one holdout against acquittal iirc)

100% true.  Prosecutions should not be used as a political tool or a way of mollifying an angry mob.  This whole "investigation" was rancid from the start.  Mosby should be disbarred, her conduct in this case is the definition of unethical.

(07-27-2016, 04:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: One...who did.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/freddie-gray/bs-md-ci-porter-jury-split-20160115-story.html

(07-27-2016, 08:53 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'm reasonably certain several other officers received a trial and were acquitted.  See, I mentioned that in the post you failed to read properly. 

If you spent more time reading what I was responding to and not just looking for a chance to try and prove me wrong again you'd see I was referring to jury trials.  The others had bench trials and were acquitted by the judge.

But thanks for following me around (again) on (another) thread to try and prove how right you always are!

Hope it made your day a little brighter!

As to the topic at hand I am sad that because of the way it was handled no one will ever know what happened to Freddie Gray and life just goes on...

Except from Freddie Gray.

(07-27-2016, 09:07 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Yes, he was supposed to be....because that's how it was determined past such accidents can be prevented.  

Like I just said to SSF and because of the way it was handled will never get a full answer.

And no one will be held responsible.

And a man is dead.

That's sad.

(07-27-2016, 09:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: If you spent more time reading what I was responding to and not just looking for a chance to try and prove me wrong again you'd see I was referring to jury trials.  The others had bench trials and were acquitted by the judge.

Except you said trials, as in they didn't go to trial.  A bench trial is still a trial.  It's an option that the defendant has had in our justice system for well over a century.  I mention that because Mosby clearly doesn't know that and apparently you don't feel that a bench trial is a criminal trial.  In the future please try and avoid confusion by stating what you mean.  Thank you in advance for your cooperation in this matter.

(07-27-2016, 10:07 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Except you said trials, as in they didn't go to trial.  A bench trial is still a trial.  It's an option that the defendant has had in our justice system for well over a century.  I mention that because Mosby clearly doesn't know that and apparently you don't feel that a bench trial is a criminal trial.  In the future please try and avoid confusion by stating what you mean.  Thank you in advance for your cooperation in this matter.

But then who would you follow around to try and prove you are always right?  Mellow

Still, I showed you what I was responding to.  Sorry if you would have had to follow along.  I didn't know I was writing for a crowd that only read my posts anot what I was quoting too.

Have a great night!

(07-27-2016, 10:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: But then who would you follow around to try and prove you are always right?  Mellow 

I'll always have someone.  I had GA9, Sloppy Lombardi Slaps, TommyC, Caddie, Dabo, Woodley, then St. Lucie and now you.  You're in good company and someone will take your place someday, don't worry.

Quote:Still, I showed you what I was responding to.  Sorry if you would have had to follow along.  I didn't know I was writing for a crowd that only read my posts anot what I was quoting too.

You didn't know someone else might read a post on a public message board?  This is why I love you.  :heart:

(07-27-2016, 10:32 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You didn't know someone else might read a post on a public message board? This is why I love you.  :heart:

Mellow

(07-27-2016, 10:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: Still, I showed you what I was responding to.  Sorry if you would have had to follow along.  I didn't know I was writing for a crowd that only read my posts not what I was quoting too.

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: Freddy Gray Payout - Mike M (the other one) - 08-02-2016

(07-27-2016, 08:59 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It is sad, it's just not criminal.  What is almost equally sad is a state attorney who thinks her job is to appease a mob and make social statements instead of making decisions based on evidence and the law.  Any hope of securing any convictions died the day she held her grandstanding, soap box preacher style, press conference and reported her inane list of charges.  If you really think something unjust occurred the day that Gray died then the person you should be most upset with is Mosby, she failed to do her job in just about every way possible and IMO, and that of several other bench officers I know, she conducted herself in an unethical manner. 

Mosby is a real piece of work.

And she's being sued now by several of the Officers that were involved for malicious prosecution, defamation etc.
It's not going to end well for her, if she hadn't been flapping her mouth all over the town, she might have stood a chance. She will be disbarred in no time, and then she can begin her political career. Maybe Hillary will save her a spot.

RE: Freddy Gray Payout - THE Bigzoman - 08-03-2016

(09-09-2015, 02:02 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Apparently this is the proposed settlement to the family of Freddie Gray.

http://news.yahoo.com/baltimore-tentative-6-4-million-settlement-freddie-gray-144425987.html

Is this an admission that they have a problem ?
It's tough to put a dollar amount on a life, but is this adequate ?

Court economists estimate these payouts by looking at victims' employment trends, adjusting for the number of years lived (average years lived in X demographic) and assume the victim would've seen wages increase by X over that time span.

This might be the only relevant time to mention Grey's track record.

Do you think  he would've made 6.4 million if he wasn't killed? Hell no.

RE: Freddy Gray Payout - THE Bigzoman - 08-03-2016

(07-27-2016, 08:59 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It is sad, it's just not criminal.  What is almost equally sad is a state attorney who thinks her job is to appease a mob and make social statements instead of making decisions based on evidence and the law.  Any hope of securing any convictions died the day she held her grandstanding, soap box preacher style, press conference and reported her inane list of charges.  If you really think something unjust occurred the day that Gray died then the person you should be most upset with is Mosby, she failed to do her job in just about every way possible and IMO, and that of several other bench officers I know, she conducted herself in an unethical manner. 

Pretty much like Angela Corey with the Trayvon Martin case.

I said Zimmerman was going to get off the moment she announced Second Degree Murder. Nobody on my dad's side of the family (black) believed me. My mom's (white) side was about 50/50.

RE: Freddy Gray Payout - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 08-03-2016

(08-03-2016, 10:45 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Pretty much like Angela Corey with the Trayvon Martin case.

I said Zimmerman was going to get off the moment she announced Second Degree Murder. Nobody on my dad's side of the family (black) believed me. My mom's (white) side was about 50/50.

This is true and I said as much the minute those charges were announced.  2nd degree murder could never be proven in a court of law in that instance.  Mind you, I stated Zimmerman was a liar the minute I read his account of the incident to police.  His subsequent conduct, in which he lied to the court about his funds, proved me correct.

Sadly, Mosby's actions were even more extreme and unethical.  Depraved heart murder?  She charged the officers with unlawful arrest and assault in the course of committing this arrest.  The very idea that an LEO can be charged with either of those crimes during the execution of an arrest they believed to be lawful is insane.  Prosecutors, whether elected or not, have a duty to uphold the law, not grandstand for political reasons or file, or not file, charges for political reasons.  I've actually seen pundits laud Mosby because her actions shed a light on a  corrupt system and prompted needed reform.  The fact that anyone could even make this argument nauseates me.  She should be disbarred.  Sadly, in this instance, malicious prosecution is incredibly difficult to prove by design.  I highly doubt the officers see a dime over this.  I doubt she sees any negative repercussions for this.  She was over her head, she proved it and no one will care.

RE: Freddy Gray Payout - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 08-03-2016

BTW, not only is she incompetent she's wholly ignorant of our legal system and wants to bend it to fit her incompetence.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/freddie-gray/bs-md-ci--pivotal-nero-bench-decision-20160731-story.html

Quote:Mosby went on to say that prosecutors' lack of a say in whether a defendant in Maryland can elect a bench trial — it is solely the defendant's choice — impeded justice in the Gray case. She said she would consider pushing legislation in Annapolis to change the rules.

Simply vomitous. I've said it before, and it remains true, if I was charged with something I was innocent of I'd demand a bench trial. If I was guilty I'd ask for a jury trial. Convincing twelve amateurs with obfuscation and bullshit is far easier than pulling the wool over the eyes of a veteran bench officer. I literally loathe this woman, I hope no LEO cooperates with her again, ever.

RE: Freddy Gray Payout - fredtoast - 08-04-2016

(07-27-2016, 09:07 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Yes, he was supposed to be....because that's how it was determined past such accidents can be prevented.  

Who do guys think was responsible for Gray's death?

People don't just die by "accident" while riding in the back of a van, do they? 

(08-03-2016, 11:07 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Simply vomitous.  I've said it before, and it remains true, if I was charged with something I was innocent of I'd demand a bench trial.  If I was guilty I'd ask for a jury trial.  Convincing twelve amateurs with obfuscation and bullshit is far easier than pulling the wool over the eyes of a veteran bench officer.  I literally loathe this woman, I hope no LEO cooperates with her again, ever.

How do you feel about the way the DAs acted in the cases of Laquan McDonald and Michael Brown.

Did their actions make you want to vomit also?

RE: Freddy Gray Payout - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 08-04-2016

(08-04-2016, 01:38 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Who do guys think was responsible for Gray's death?

People don't just die by "accident" while riding in the back of a van, do they? 

Not sure.  Due to the incompetence of Mosby we'll never really know.  Since, like a defense attorney, she was more concerned with hyperbole over substance we'll, sadly, never likely know.

(08-04-2016, 01:40 AM)fredtoast Wrote: How do you feel about the way the DAs acted in the cases of Laquan McDonald and Michael Brown.

Did their actions make you want to vomit also?

In the case of Brown, I feel they did their job, as the DOJ, and forensic evidence, concurred.  In the case of McDonald, absolutely.  Glad to hear both McDonald and Gray made you equally sick due to prosecutorial misconduct.  That is what you're saying right?

(08-04-2016, 01:59 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Not sure.  Due to the incompetence of Mosby we'll never really know.  Since, like a defense attorney, she was more concerned with hyperbole over substance we'll, sadly, never likely know.

How should she have handled it?  Who should she have charged with what crime?

RE: Freddy Gray Payout - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 08-04-2016

(08-04-2016, 03:21 AM)fredtoast Wrote: How should she have handled it?  Who should she have charged with what crime?

Charges that she could have actually proven.  Help her change the law so your clients can't request a bench trial though.  It'll make your job easier 99% of the time.

(08-04-2016, 01:59 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: In the case of Brown, I feel they did their job, as the DOJ, and forensic evidence, concurred. 

The DOJ and the forensic evidence did not prove anything about what happened when Brown was shot.  All we know is the distance between Brown and the officer at the time of the shooting.

DOJ just looked a violation of civil rights, not the justifiable nature of the shooting.  there is a big legal difference.

Forensic evidence proved nothing.

All we know for sure is that the DA represented the defendant instead of the State in the grand jury proceedings.  He even admitted that he put on a witness that he knew was lying, but he knew he could get away with it because there was no opposing attorney to actually question the witness.  It was a compete mockery of the grand jury procedure.

(08-04-2016, 03:24 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Charges that she could have actually proven.  Help her change the law so your clients can't request a bench trial though.  It'll make your job easier 99% of the time.

What charges?

Who should have been charged?

Are you saying no one was at fault?