Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
No Dirty Dancing Here - School demands girls be proper - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: No Dirty Dancing Here - School demands girls be proper (/Thread-No-Dirty-Dancing-Here-School-demands-girls-be-proper)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: No Dirty Dancing Here - School demands girls be proper - StLucieBengal - 10-09-2015

(10-09-2015, 01:52 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I told him to speak English before I knew chopsy meant cheeky and blah blah blah.  I should have told him to speak 'murican, I guess.

Lmao.

RE: No Dirty Dancing Here - School demands girls be proper - fredtoast - 10-10-2015

(10-07-2015, 10:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well according to some; as long as the kid is not complaining, who are we adults to set guidelines?

Adults should set guidelines to keep kids from doing something that willhurt them.  When adults start trying to set guidelines on how to dance then they lose credibility.

I never tell my kids thay can't do somethung just because "i say so".  Instead I always tell tthem exactly what danger or harm I am trying to protect them from.  

When you start making stupid rules then kids will think that ALL of your rules are stupid.  

RE: No Dirty Dancing Here - School demands girls be proper - Rotobeast - 10-10-2015

(10-10-2015, 07:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Adults should set guidelines to keep kids from doing something that willhurt them.  When adults start trying to set guidelines on how to dance then they lose credibility.

I never tell my kids thay can't do somethung just because "i say so".  Instead I always tell tthem exactly what danger or harm I am trying to protect them from.  

When you start making stupid rules then kids will think that ALL of your rules are stupid.  
Agreed.
Intelligent children require a fair description of reasoning,  or they will be insulted and steer themselves toward considering you irrelevant. 

RE: No Dirty Dancing Here - School demands girls be proper - bfine32 - 10-10-2015

(10-10-2015, 07:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Adults should set guidelines to keep kids from doing something that willhurt them.  When adults start trying to set guidelines on how to dance then they lose credibility.

It's a school dance. I assume the school has a number of rules that kids think are stupid; but they are after all, kids. Hell they might even have a dress code, gasp. 

If a school states you cannot do this at our school function; I have no issue with it:

[Image: 200_s.gif] 

Let them go to a private club and do what ever they want or what ever their parents have told them it is OK to do. 

RE: No Dirty Dancing Here - School demands girls be proper - fredtoast - 10-10-2015

(10-10-2015, 07:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's a school dance. I assume the school has a number of rules that kids think are stupid; but they are after all, kids. Hell they might even have a dress code, gasp. 

But some of the rules are stupid.  And when you make some stupid rules kids begin to belive that ALL rules are stupid.

RE: No Dirty Dancing Here - School demands girls be proper - bfine32 - 10-10-2015

(10-10-2015, 09:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But some of the rules are stupid.  And when you make some stupid rules kids begin to belive that ALL rules are stupid.

I'm not sure what you are saying here. Are you saying adults/schools should make no rules? Are you saying they should only make rules you deem as not stupid?

You don't give these kids enough credit to discern between stupid rules and sensible rules; yet, you suggest they should be allowed to grind on the gymnasium floor.

I agree with this school's decision to ban such "dancing". If juveniles want to engage in such activities, they should attend house parties chaperoned by adults liberal enough to deem such activity suitable.  

(10-10-2015, 09:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm not sure what you are saying here. Are you saying adults/schools should make no rules? Are you saying they should only make rules you deem as not stupid?

You don't give these kids enough credit to discern between stupid rules and sensible rules; yet, you suggest they should be allowed to grind on the gymnasium floor.

I agree with this school's decision to ban such "dancing". If juveniles want to engage in such activities, they should attend house parties chaperoned by adults liberal enough to deem such activity suitable.  

I am saying that "grinding" at a school dance is not harmful to high school students.  So having a rule against it is stupid.

RE: No Dirty Dancing Here - School demands girls be proper - Nately120 - 10-10-2015

What would doom the world first? Straight kids grinding OR gay kids respectfully slow dancing?

RE: No Dirty Dancing Here - School demands girls be proper - GodHatesBengals - 10-10-2015

(10-10-2015, 10:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What would doom the world first?  Straight kids grinding OR gay kids respectfully slow dancing?

The fact that we are even forced to ask ourselves such a question is proof that we are living in the last days and America is the new Sodom.

Wink

RE: No Dirty Dancing Here - School demands girls be proper - Beaker - 10-10-2015

(10-10-2015, 09:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: yet, you suggest they should be allowed to grind on the gymnasium floor.

Why not? As long as they are supervised and safe, and no one is getting pregnant, who cares? Who does it hurt? Elvis shaking his pelvis was considered obscene in the 50s. We laught at it now.

RE: No Dirty Dancing Here - School demands girls be proper - StLucieBengal - 10-10-2015

I think it's fair and reasonable to set a standard of the type of dancing that's permitted.

Really they should get rid of the DJ's at these dances anyway.

Maybe even make it a traditional formal event. Since most kids will never expierence a true formal event outside of their wedding.

RE: No Dirty Dancing Here - School demands girls be proper - GodHatesBengals - 10-10-2015

(10-10-2015, 11:01 PM)Beaker Wrote: Why not? As long as they are supervised and safe, and no one is getting pregnant, who cares? Who does it hurt? Elvis shaking his pelvis was considered obscene in the 50s. We laught at it now.

Cuz if they dance, then they'll ****, which they wouldn't otherwise do of course.

(10-10-2015, 11:01 PM)Beaker Wrote: Why not? As long as they are supervised and safe, and no one is getting pregnant, who cares? Who does it hurt? Elvis shaking his pelvis was considered obscene in the 50s. We laught at it now.

Because these kids are underage and it is a public school. Would you supervise a school function that allowed this:

[Image: anigif_enhanced-15911-1399915486-8.gif]

Nobody is getting harmed and the are 15.

(10-10-2015, 11:08 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I think it's fair and reasonable to set a standard of the type of dancing that's permitted.  

Yeah, these damned "DJs" just play the Satanic beats of the savages anyway. 

(10-10-2015, 11:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Because these kids are underage and it is a public school. Would you supervise a school function that allowed this:

[Image: anigif_enhanced-15911-1399915486-8.gif]

Nobody is getting harmed and the are 15.

I really hope you're not using a work computer. Otherwise your Google searches for "pictures of young kids grinding" is probably gonna cause you some issues.

RE: No Dirty Dancing Here - School demands girls be proper - Nately120 - 10-10-2015

(10-10-2015, 11:08 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I think it's fair and reasonable to set a standard of the type of dancing that's permitted.  

Maybe even make it a traditional formal event.   Since most kids will never expierence a true formal event outside of their wedding.

If this country makes school dances more like an episode of Lawrence Welk we're going to see school shootings rise.

(10-10-2015, 11:12 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: I really hope you're not using a work computer. Otherwise your Google searches for "pictures of young kids grinding" is probably gonna cause you some issues.

Why? No harm. I just typed in "High School Dance" and that came up. 

(10-10-2015, 11:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why? No harm. I just typed in "High School Dance" and that came up. 

I see neither high school nor dance in that clip.

(10-10-2015, 11:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why? No harm. I just typed in "High School Dance" and that came up. 

Suuure. Be honest, you have a USB drive full of these.

For the record, while I don't share your fetish for viewing such images, no. Nothing harmful is taking place there outside of the subjective fact that I as an adult feel weird about staring at it, unlike you apparently.

(10-10-2015, 11:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I see neither high school nor dance in that clip.

Oh, they are high school aged kids dancing. So you're OK with it happening at a High School dance?