Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Reasons to be positive heading to KC - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Reasons to be positive heading to KC (/Thread-Reasons-to-be-positive-heading-to-KC)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Reasons to be positive heading to KC - NUGDUKWE - 01-25-2022

(01-25-2022, 09:38 PM)samhain Wrote: One obvious one is that Pratt will play.  The last Chiefs game was the week he went on the covid list, got cleared, then had an illness that kept him from playing.  

You have to think Wilson is playing at a higher level, too (it sure looked like it vs the Titans), since he's not fresh off of a layoff like last time.  

Issues with injuries to linebackers probably played a big part in KC running it down their throats all day.  I don't think that happens again.

This is a really good point and I forgot this was a game Pratt didn't play in. Hopefully that will make a difference in the run game. The Chiefs have been using Mckinnon a lot and as they're RB. He either didn't play last time or he didn't get any touches. He's been playing well and looks quick and like another Dynamic play maker to worry about. 
I will also say that we gave up 4 sacks but that was with Spain leaving the game so hopefully we can allow fewer than 4 sacks with him.

RE: Reasons to be positive heading to KC - Go Cards - 01-25-2022

Chase had more receiving yards than Mahomes had passing yds in first match up.

Everybody is sweating Mahomes and rightfully so but I guarantee they're worried about Chase too.

RE: Reasons to be positive heading to KC - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-25-2022

(01-25-2022, 10:53 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: This is a really good point and I forgot this was a game Pratt didn't play in. Hopefully that will make a difference in the run game. The Chiefs have been using Mckinnon a lot and as they're RB. He either didn't play last time or he didn't get any touches. He's been playing well and looks quick and like another Dynamic play maker to worry about. 
I will also say that we gave up 4 sacks but that was with Spain leaving the game so hopefully we can allow fewer than 4 sacks with him.

CEH will also have to be taken care of and he is more of a scat back that can get lost and give us some problems.

But yeah, Pratt back and Wilson 100% is huge for us in stopping the run and in covering and getting possible turnovers.

Both these LB's can cause turnovers whether Forced Fumbles or INTS. Big deal to be sure. Spain back is also huge.

The entire OL needs to look at themselves and want monster redemption after the last game.

RE: Reasons to be positive heading to KC - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-25-2022

(01-25-2022, 11:00 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Chase had more receiving yards than Mahomes had passing yds in first match up.

Everybody is sweating Mahomes and rightfully so but I guarantee they're worried about Chase too.

Yes sir, Chase nightmares for that Secondary. Smirk

RE: Reasons to be positive heading to KC - bengalfan74 - 01-25-2022

I haven't read the whole thread but I think Mahomes got his ego bruised in the last game and he's going to be out for revenge. This could prove to work in our favor by him trying to push the ball downfield hitting the home runs all the time.

A couple incompletions at the right time and an interception by us just might turn the tide.

RE: Reasons to be positive heading to KC - Nicomo Cosca - 01-25-2022

We need to do the same thing so Burrow can keep his nameplate on this time…

(01-25-2022, 11:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

ThumbsUp

For sure, take away Chris Jones and it will make it way easier on Burrow and the running game.

(01-25-2022, 09:59 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Trending
Bengals have either won both or lost both when playing teams twice this season, never splitting though.

steelers  2-0
Ravens   2-0
Raiders  2-0
Browns  0-2

Chiefs  2-0

Bengals dropped two easy INT's against Mahomes as well or it would not have been so close

plus we have MacDaddy kicking.

Yep

I wasn't crazy about shooter at first but it's growing on me.

(01-25-2022, 11:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

If Jones lines up across from Adeniji I sure hope they're planning some double teams. 

RE: Reasons to be positive heading to KC - Shake n Blake - 01-25-2022

(01-25-2022, 09:41 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Watch the 2nd half of the Chiefs game. It was only a few weeks ago.

Listen aside from our Loss the Chiefs don't have one in the last 10 weeks. (9 maybe)

We just beat them and our defense shut them out in the 2nd half. I don't know why you would not think we could beat them.

This does not mean I expect to. But I certainly think we can and I think we will

Well said. This isn't a "we're going to dominate" thread. Or even a we're going to win thread. It's more of a "we shouldn't be afraid, we have a great shot of winning based on facts" thread.

(01-25-2022, 09:46 PM)Big Boss Wrote: True, but we just barely beat them in our house. And we had to overcome a 14-point deficit to do it.

Defense needs to play its best, most complete game of the year.

This isn't a reasons to be negative thread.

RE: Reasons to be positive heading to KC - Whacked - 01-25-2022

I smell another offensive shoot out. Might even be akin to the KC-Bills game.

RE: Reasons to be positive heading to KC - Whacked - 01-25-2022

Anyone else concerned with how badly KC shredded Buffalo’s stellar D?

(01-25-2022, 11:10 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I haven't read the whole thread but I think Mahomes got his ego bruised in the last game and he's going to be out for revenge. This could prove to work in our favor by him trying to push the ball downfield hitting the home runs all the time.

A couple incompletions at the right time and an interception by us just might turn the tide.

Covering Kelce with a corner worked wonders.

Not sure what we did to stop Tyreek, but it also worked.

The Chiefs only has 3 drives in the 2nd half, and they went punt, punt, FG.

(01-25-2022, 11:31 PM)Whacked Wrote: Anyone else concerned with how badly KC shredded Buffalo’s stellar D?

A little?

But I think Buffalo may just be a poor matchup. KC torched them in the playoffs last year as well. They don't torch everybody quite like that.

For whatever reason, we did better against them than most.

RE: Reasons to be positive heading to KC - WVUHomer - 01-25-2022

(01-25-2022, 11:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Covering Kelce with a corner worked wonders.

Not sure what we did to stop Tyreek, but it also worked.

The Chiefs only has 3 drives in the 2nd half, and they went punt, punt, FG.

Didn't Hill just get back from Covid that game? I remember a bunch of speculation. He might have been limited by that more than normal.

RE: Reasons to be positive heading to KC - Interceptor - 01-25-2022

(01-25-2022, 11:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well said. This isn't a "we're going to dominate" thread. Or even a we're going to win thread. It's more of a "we shouldn't be afraid, we have a great shot of winning based on facts" thread.

This isn't a reasons to be negative thread.

The Bengals can take it and the Chiefs KNOW it.

(01-25-2022, 11:31 PM)Whacked Wrote: Anyone else concerned with how badly KC shredded Buffalo’s stellar D?

I don't know what that Defense was, it was anything but stellar, I don't care what their stats were on the season.

That was a terrible Buffalo D. Couldn't tackle, couldn't get a stop, let the other team's best players beat them etc.

No discipline to keep Mahomes in the pocket is also what stood out the most to me. Our D doesn't do that.

Hubbard plays disciplined on the right side while Trey uses his pass rush skills on Mahomes blindside while DJ and BJ 
collapse the middle and those big plays go away as long as we cover Hill and Kelce initially like we did the first time 
around. I know they will adapt same as us, should be a very good game but I like our guy's mad heart to win it.

I think Byron Pringle and CEH could be underrated going into this game but that is okay. Don't let Hill and Kelce beat
you, this is the key.

RE: Reasons to be positive heading to KC - Nicomo Cosca - 01-25-2022

(01-25-2022, 11:39 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Didn't Hill just get back from Covid that game? I remember a bunch of speculation. He might have been limited by that more than normal.

Awuzie did a nice job on Hill that game. And the one big play he did almost make Bell saved the day by punching the ball out at the last minute.

RE: Reasons to be positive heading to KC - Interceptor - 01-26-2022

Main reason:

[Image: joe-burrow-bengals.gif]

RE: Reasons to be positive heading to KC - MileHighGrowler - 01-26-2022

The Bengals defense has stepped up so big lately. The KC game. The playoff games. I feel like it's been several games in a row where there have been concerns about whether the defense could stop this QB, that receiver or another RB. And they've answered the bell every single time. I put a lot of faith in this offense, but we've also been winning games with field goals. Because the defense has been lights out. And I'm confident they'll continue to do so this weekend.

The biggest concern I have this weekend isn't the players, it's the stadium. It's loud and hostile on a normal Sunday, and especially in the playoffs. But I think the recent SEC big game experience some of the offense has will be a major plus there, and the defense won't be impacted at all. And that defense I think is the key to the game.