Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
CLASSIC ROCK FANS , What Song Puts You in Mind of This Season's Bengals - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: CLASSIC ROCK FANS , What Song Puts You in Mind of This Season's Bengals (/Thread-CLASSIC-ROCK-FANS-What-Song-Puts-You-in-Mind-of-This-Season-s-Bengals)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: CLASSIC ROCK FANS , What Song Puts You in Mind of This Season's Bengals - sabu74 - 02-05-2022

Obviously "Welcome to the jungle" fits perfectly, to make it a bit less classic, a song from the 90s:

Ignite - Ash return

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNrJA5pS6fc

RE: CLASSIC ROCK FANS , What Song Puts You in Mind of This Season's Bengals - Science Friction - 02-05-2022

Let's go full on '80's here with Bonnie Tyler. Remember the movie "Footloose" ?   Here's  "HOLDING OUT FOR A HERO."

Cincy has found it's hero in Burrow.

https://youtu.be/FOrCCqzt7C0

I need a hero

I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night

He's gotta be strong, and he's gotta be fast

And he's gotta be fresh from the fight

I need a hero

I'm holding out for a hero 'til the morning light

He's gotta be sure, and it's gotta be soon

And he's gotta be larger than life

RE: CLASSIC ROCK FANS , What Song Puts You in Mind of This Season's Bengals - Mike M (the other one) - 02-05-2022

In The Air Tonight-Phil Collins-For Burrow
Final Countdown-Europe-Shooter (alternate-Here Comes the BOOM)
Can't be touched-Roy Jones Jr-Chase
Enter Sandman-Metallica-For the Def

RE: CLASSIC ROCK FANS , What Song Puts You in Mind of This Season's Bengals - Science Friction - 02-05-2022

(02-05-2022, 06:11 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: In The Air Tonight-Phil Collins-For Burrow
Final Countdown-Europe-Shooter (alternate-Here Comes the BOOM)
Can't be touched-Roy Jones Jr-Chase
Enter Sandman-Metallica-For the Def

Nice.

ITAT by Phil Collins was gonna be my next one.

Lindsey Buckingham --- COUNTDOWN . A feel good song much like this feel good edition of the Bengals.

https://youtu.be/Y1jLiw_Ih9U?t=113

I'm waiting on the countdown
Sitting in the shade
Things about to turn around
How the madness fades
Oh, I've been waiting on the countdown
And now I'm out of the lost and found
Just waiting on the countdown

Time slips away
Oh, this feeling lingers
Right here I'm going to stay
I've been waiting on the countdown

So I'm sitting in the shade
Under the dreaming tree
Now the madness fades
Right here I'm going to be
Oh, I've been waiting on the countdown

While this particular song doesn't immediately make you think Bengals, it is one of my very favorites of the '80's, and any decade, for that matter.  I love the lyrics of this classic by CS&N. This song has always had a mystical, almost spiritual , feel for me.  I always loved these words, which could tie into the feel of Bengals' being destined for greatness.

Think about how many times I have fallen
Spirits are using me, larger voices calling
What heaven brought you and me
Cannot be forgotten

Here's a video of the song which will make you long for summer and a beach somewhere. I think you will agree with me that this is the GREATEST MUSIC VIDEO YOU HAVE EVER SEEN, OR EVER WILL SEE.

ENJOY... ( I know you will!!!)   Wink

https://youtu.be/X3mCWNxhqkk

I just can't help but feel like some of the magic of this team and this season is due to the connection between the team and their Bayou brethren down south. The Burrow-Chase connection is something unlike anyone has ever seen before. It's like they can read each other's minds. It's like the same aura that surrounded of one of the greatest college teams of all-time now surrounds this Bengals' team. The picture showing Tyler Shelvin hoisting Burrow on his shoulder after the National title game and again after the AFC title game was chilling.

New Orleans is a city known for its magic and Burrow and his mates had it in New Orleans in the National Championship game. Those Bayou Bengals and the Cincy Bengals are inextricably linked and we are where we are because of the Ohio-Louisiana connection.

Back in 2005, I was watching in horror on TV as our great southern city of New Orleans drowned right before our eyes. I'll never forget trying to find some comfort by playing some old Classic rock music. A song came on that caused tears to fill the levies of my eyes just the way that the waters of Lake Pontchartrain was flooding New Orleans. It's a song about New Orleans. From the early '80's, the song is hauntingly beautiful, yet foreboding in its lyrics.
Any list of songs tied to the Bengals this season would have to pay homage to the Louisiana/Cincinnati connection; the Bayou Bengals and the Cincinnati Bengals; the Crescent City and the Queen City.

In the heart of the night
In the cool Southern rain
There's a full moon in sight
Shining down on the Pontchartrain
And the river she rises
Just like she used to do
She's so full of surprises
She reminds me of you
Oh, whoa, down in New Orleans...

And I'm so glad to be back in New Orleans
Please don't wake me, don't shake me
If it's only, if it's only just a dream
'Cause it's the only place that I can face
Make me feel so right

Below that Dixie moon and lovin' you

https://youtu.be/VApfFYKrOf4

RE: CLASSIC ROCK FANS , What Song Puts You in Mind of This Season's Bengals - BigPapaKain - 02-05-2022

Anyone say Shoot to Thrill? Because that's what I'm going with. But only because I'm still owning my preseason predicting of 4 wins, so everything since then has just been a hell of a thrill ride.

(02-05-2022, 03:43 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Anyone say Shoot to Thrill? Because that's what I'm going with. But only because I'm still owning my preseason predicting of 4 wins, so everything since then has just been a hell of a thrill ride.

I think someone listed it. Definitely been a heck of a thrill ride.

RE: CLASSIC ROCK FANS , What Song Puts You in Mind of This Season's Bengals - kevin - 02-05-2022

On the Mellow Rock or Soft Rock, Kind of laid back for football. Again, in 2019 Bengals changed Coaches and Players. This is a Whole New Team in the rebuild of NEW DAY version of WHO DEY.

For all the New Fans in the spirit of NEW DAY, WHO DEY and the 2019 Rebuild is Working and in Super Bowl. Nothing sappy mellow ballad OR corn tree music. A Kick Ars hard rock song for THE NEW and IMPROVED Bengals and New Fans :

FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK, WE SALUTE YOU

Enjoy the Super Bowl .....GO BENGALS.....Let the Rams feel like they were Thunderstruck.

Tiger Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Tiger

RE: CLASSIC ROCK FANS , What Song Puts You in Mind of This Season's Bengals - grampahol - 02-05-2022

For years it's been The Sparks of the Tempest by Kansas..Though they may promise they only bring pain.. LOL
Maybe this time will be different..  ThumbsUp

RE: CLASSIC ROCK FANS , What Song Puts You in Mind of This Season's Bengals - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-05-2022

(02-04-2022, 06:50 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Since I was born in 1970 I am definitely an ‘80s kid when it comes to classic rock.

There are two songs from this era which remind me of the 2021-22 Cincinnati Bengals.  The first is “I’m Still Standing” by Elton John from 1983 because no one expected the Bengals to get this far.  Also, I believe this song especially applies to Joe Burrow, Larry Ogunjobi, and now CJ Uzomah as they recover from injury.  

The next song went through my head all through the playoffs as it is basically an elimination tournament: “Sole Survivor” by Asia from 1982.  Are these lyrics perfect for the Bengals or what?

And from the wreckage I will arise
Cast the ashes back in their eyes
See the fire I will defend
Just keep on burning right to the end

Nice Asia reference. Great lyrics. Love this thread. 

I am pretty sure people have already mentioned the Rocky song Eye of the Tiger by Survivor. 

This song came immediately to my mind when seeing this thread.

RE: CLASSIC ROCK FANS , What Song Puts You in Mind of This Season's Bengals - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-05-2022

(02-04-2022, 08:11 PM)dr tarzan Wrote: Tom Petty
"Runnin' Down a Dream"

Very fitting, love Tom. RIP

(02-04-2022, 08:29 PM)kalibengal Wrote: "Walk" by Pantera
Re ! .....Spect! ......Walk!   what did you say!! ?

Great one. Gets me pumped up! Rock On

(02-05-2022, 01:52 AM)Science Friction Wrote: Call me crazy but there is just something magical about this Burrow guy.  He has the face of a HS kid, that impish grin , and those eyes that lets you know that HE knows another opponent is about to be buried. It's like the guy just wills it into existence. He wants it, expects that it will happen, and, allows the Universe to manifest his desire. And his attitude seems to rub off on his teammates.
The guy has won our hearts and , I tell you, he CAN do magic !!!

https://youtu.be/O7ONp-GC7vM

I never believed in things that I couldn't see
I said if I can't feel it then how can it be
No, no magic could happen to me
And then I saw you

I couldn't believe it, you took my heart

I couldn't retrieve it, said to myself
What's it all about
Now I know there can be no doubt

You can do magic
You can have anything that you desire
Magic, and you know
You're the one who can put out the fire

You know darn well
When you cast your spell you will get your way
When you hypnotize with your eyes
A heart of stone can turn to clay

America is one of my fave bands too, I find them underrated unlike the Eagles.

(02-05-2022, 02:36 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Probably the most mature song David Lee Roth wrote outside of Van Halen. Great 80s ballad and it got little to no airplay. I was shocked when his label never pushed it as a single and also later when they left it off of his album, "Best".
The theme throughout the song:
Those were good times
These are good times
We'll be having good times
The maker of this video is a Van Halen fan paying tribute. Kind of sad in a few parts with the passing of Eddie.

Time rolls on
And that's as it should be
Here and gone
Seems to move so quickly

Man, we was happy in our restless hearts
It was heaven right here on Earth
Yeah, we were laughin' as we reached for the stars
And we had some for what it was worth

Those were good times
Damn good times
Those were good times
Damn good times

Hey, take a look at this picture
Can you believe that was you?
And who's that standin' there in the corner?
Not me
Ahh, the crazy things we used to do

Sure, we was acting like a couple of kids
Good to remember, you know that it is
I still feel it like the sun on my skin
Maybe that's better

'Cause these are good times
Damn good times
Talkin' 'bout good times
Damn good times

So it's one for the money - 31 years! Raiders
But that don't make the show, no no - Titans
Count to three and I'll be ready, yeah - Chiefs
To follow that road, yes I will - To the Super Bowl

I see it comin', yeah, and this one is ours
We got heaven right here on Earth
Ain't nothin' like it when you're reachin' for stars
And you grab one for what it is worth
 - or you can grab two if you get the chance

You can tell 'em
Damn good times
I'm talkin' good times, yessir
Damn good times

Mmm, mmm, mmm
Mmm, mmm, mmm
Mmm, mmm, mmm
Mmm, mmm

Mmm, mmm, mmm
Mmm, mmm, mmm, good times
Mmm, mmm

Thanks for this, love VH and DLR. Cool

RE: CLASSIC ROCK FANS , What Song Puts You in Mind of This Season's Bengals - kalibengal - 02-05-2022

(02-05-2022, 02:36 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Probably the most mature song David Lee Roth wrote outside of Van Halen. Great 80s ballad and it got little to no airplay. I was shocked when his label never pushed it as a single and also later when they left it off of his album, "Best".
The theme throughout the song:
Those were good times
These are good times
The maker of this video is a Van Halen fan paying tribute. Kind of sad in a few parts with the passing of Eddie.

Time rolls on
And that's as it should be
Here and gone
Seems to move so quickly

Man, we was happy in our restless hearts
It was heaven right here on Earth
Yeah, we were laughin' as we reached for the stars
And we had some for what it was worth

Those were good times
Damn good times
Those were good times
Damn good times

Hey, take a look at this picture
Can you believe that was you?
And who's that standin' there in the corner?
Not me
Ahh, the crazy things we used to do

Sure, we was acting like a couple of kids
Good to remember, you know that it is
I still feel it like the sun on my skin
Maybe that's better

'Cause these are good times
Damn good times
Talkin' 'bout good times
Damn good times

So it's one for the money - 31 years! Raiders
But that don't make the show, no no - Titans
Count to three and I'll be ready, yeah - Chiefs
To follow that road, yes I will - To the Super Bowl

I see it comin', yeah, and this one is ours
We got heaven right here on Earth
Ain't nothin' like it when you're reachin' for stars
And you grab one for what it is worth
 - or you can grab two if you get the chance

You can tell 'em
Damn good times
I'm talkin' good times, yessir
Damn good times

Mmm, mmm, mmm
Mmm, mmm, mmm
Mmm, mmm, mmm
Mmm, mmm

Mmm, mmm, mmm
Mmm, mmm

cool tune, the riff reminds me of an Alice and Chains tune too  (Stay Away)...Im a Big VH fan ...so this was DLR solo and this was not Eddie playing right?

(02-05-2022, 05:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice Asia reference. Great lyrics. Love this thread. 

I am pretty sure people have already mentioned the Rocky song Eye of the Tiger by Survivor. 

This song came immediately to my mind when seeing this thread.

https://youtu.be/oVlgu7sw6EM

RE: CLASSIC ROCK FANS , What Song Puts You in Mind of This Season's Bengals - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 02-05-2022

(02-05-2022, 06:38 PM)kalibengal Wrote: cool tune, the riff reminds me of an Alice and Chains tune too  (Stay Away)...Im a Big VH fan ...so this was DLR solo and this was not Eddie playing right?

Steve Vai playing on DLR's 1988 album Skyscraper.

How about more Tom Petty?

Well, I won't back down
No, I won't back down
You can stand me up at the gates of hell
But I won't back down

No, I'll stand my ground
Won't be turned around
And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down
Gonna stand my ground

'

https://youtu.be/nvlTJrNJ5lA

RE: CLASSIC ROCK FANS , What Song Puts You in Mind of This Season's Bengals - Chezaugie - 02-05-2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upHWtPkuD5s

RE: CLASSIC ROCK FANS , What Song Puts You in Mind of This Season's Bengals - guyofthetiger - 02-05-2022

Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band song "Her Strut" reminds me of Burrow out on the field.

Going back 47 years here to a cheesy pop tune from '75.   "RUN JOEY RUN"   Some of you may know this tune from GLEE.   Damn, where have all the years gone.

https://youtu.be/wT2LGv-s3xQ