Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Proof of evolution that you can find on your body - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Proof of evolution that you can find on your body (/Thread-Proof-of-evolution-that-you-can-find-on-your-body)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Proof of evolution that you can find on your body - Sovereign Nation - 03-20-2016

(03-20-2016, 07:03 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Hahaha, this is indisputable fact.  You said this on the old board and it was just as intellectually contemptible then.  It's like saying that water isn't composed of hydrogen and oxygen.  
Other than the guy who corrected me can anyone else name him?  He goes by a new name on this board.

As to the OP.  I don't see this as proof of anything.  Bfine is bringing up a very solid point of how even though we humans have lived all over the world in different environments we have all "evolved" the same.[/quote]

I'll play, I've got some time to kill before dinner.  We didn't all "evolve" the same.  Why are their ethnic differences?  Why are Sub-Saharan Africans dark skinned with curly hair?  Why are "Oriental" Asians of different appearance than Asians of Indian or Arabic descent?  Why are Caucasians the only ethnicity that routinely exhibit eye colors other than brown and hair colors other than black?  Why do American Indians have different ethnic features than Aboriginal Australians?  The evidence of genetic difference is visually apparent, yet all of these ethnic groups can "interbreed" and produce viable offspring.  

You stated that we all "evolved the same" when the differences couldn't be more visually apparent.  You essentially provided the point that defeats your own argument.  No mean feat.
[/quote]

Great questions.  I am normally not one to answer questions with a question.  Though this is one of those times.

According to this thread... we evolve to keep good traits and to discard bad traits or unnecessary traits.  So how does having dark skin with curly hair help Sub-Saharan Africans?  How does a different eye color help us in any way?  Talk about unnecessary traits!  I would assume that we would have kept the movable ears as that would have been beneficial over the blue eyes or the curly hair. 

BTW- it is pretty funny since this particular post screams that there are racial differences, and yet, race is a social construct.

The first part was a joke, I realized that I made a mistake that post.  What was meant was that I don't think we are related to apes and monkeys.  I used the wrong word.  A certain poster made the correction.  I have even admitted that I was wrong in the statement, even if I wasn't really wrong in the spirit of what I was getting at.  Glad to see that you missed it.

RE: Proof of evolution that you can find on your body - GMDino - 03-20-2016

(03-20-2016, 07:24 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Great questions.  I am normally not one to answer questions with a question.  Though this is one of those times.

According to this thread... we evolve to keep good traits and to discard bad traits or unnecessary traits.  So how does having dark skin with curly hair help Sub-Saharan Africans?  How does a different eye color help us in any way?  Talk about unnecessary traits!  I would assume that we would have kept the movable ears as that would have been beneficial over the blue eyes or the curly hair. 

Shocked

I can't even take the time to answer that.  I insist that research be done on your own time.

(03-20-2016, 07:24 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: BTW- it is pretty funny since this particular post screams that there are racial differences, and yet, race is a social construct.

The first part was a joke, I realized that I made a mistake that post.  What was meant was that I don't think we are related to apes and monkeys.  I used the wrong word.  A certain poster made the correction.  I have even admitted that I was wrong in the statement, even if I wasn't really wrong in the spirit of what I was getting at.  Glad to see that you missed it.

But we are.

That's like saying I'm not related to my great-great-great grandfather because I don't know who he was.

Still related.

RE: Proof of evolution that you can find on your body - Sovereign Nation - 03-20-2016

(03-20-2016, 06:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If we are all "the same" then why are you so obsessed with preserving the purity of the white race?

When have I ever said that I was wanting to preserve the purity of the white race?

Am I ashamed of being white?  No.  Do I think Whites should have an advocacy group just like the NAACP?  The ADL?  GLAAD?  CAIR? and all of the other groups out there?  Yes.

Do I find white women more attractive than other races?  Yes. 

None of those things says that I am out trying to preserve the purity of the white race.

As to us all being the same.  I am talking about us all evolving the same.  As in, no tales.  No eyes on the side of the head.  No ears that can be moved in different directions. 

Yes a black man is black, however if you take that black man and move him into Russia and him and his descendants all married black women, how many years does this family have to live in Russia, before they develop Russian features (white skin)?

Same thing with white men.  Sure we can tan and get really red, but when do our children become permanently tan and red?  Then on to black?  Provided that we only procreate with white women and not with a black woman at all?

RE: Proof of evolution that you can find on your body - bfine32 - 03-20-2016

(03-20-2016, 06:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: In order for the signal to be strong enough there would need to be more of the brain used.  The simple signal to move the ears is not all that is required.  There needs to be additional brain space used to analyze the information based on the moving ears.

If you want to have a serious discussion on this why not go do a little research on the difference between human and animal brains.  I get kind of tired of being your teacher.  Or perhaps you could ask some more legit questions.

So now you're a brain expert? Thanks for teaching me about the brain. I did take a couple psychology classes in college where we discussed the workings of the brain and even my professors didn't know the brain had room for additional reactions to stimuli. They admitted to not knowing the entire working of the brain and its reaction to stimuli.  

From what I got from the video is that the brain can still perform this function; as they do move. They just aren't designed to move very far. 

RE: Proof of evolution that you can find on your body - fredtoast - 03-20-2016

(03-20-2016, 07:37 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Yes a black man is black, however if you take that black man and move him into Russia and him and his descendants all married black women, how many years does this family have to live in Russia, before they develop Russian features (white skin)?

Depends on how much the natural habitat effects the offspring.  If they live in nature like animals and their chances of survival are effected by their natural surroundings then it could happen in afew thousand years.  If they live indoors like humans then it may never occur.

(03-20-2016, 07:33 PM)GMDino Wrote: Shocked

I can't even take the time to answer that.  I insist that research be done on your own time.

But we are.

That's like saying I'm not related to my great-great-great grandfather because I don't know who he was.

Still related.

You can't answer it because you don't actually have an answer.  It is OK.  I have done my own research.  Just have a different conclusion than you do.

You repeating that we are doesn't make it true, you know? 

Sure the theory is accepted, but it is still just a theory and not proven.

(03-20-2016, 07:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So now you're a brain expert? Thanks for teaching me about the brain. I did take a couple psychology classes in college where we discussed the workings of the brain and even my professors didn't know the brain had room for additional reactions to stimuli. They admitted to not knowing the entire working of the brain and its reaction to stimuli.  

I can't help it if you had a dumb ass professor.  It took me about 5 seconds to find this.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/nature/dogs-sense-of-smell.html

And the part of a dog's brain that is devoted to analyzing smells is, proportionally speaking, 40 times greater than ours.

Let me repeat the advice I gave you before.  Do some research.  It will keep you from looking stupid.

(03-20-2016, 07:45 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: You can't answer it because you don't actually have an answer.  It is OK.  I have done my own research.  Just have a different conclusion than you do.

You repeating that we are doesn't make it true, you know? 

Sure the theory is accepted, but it is still just a theory and not proven.

I'd ask to see said information and conclusion but I get the feeling it won't be forthcoming.

I also do not care.

Have a great night!

(03-20-2016, 07:37 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: When have I ever said that I was wanting to preserve the purity of the white race?
When you said white people should live completely separate from black people.

(03-20-2016, 07:51 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'd ask to see said information and conclusion but I get the feeling it won't be forthcoming.

I also do not care.

Have a great night!

Same to you.  Enjoy! ThumbsUp

RE: Proof of evolution that you can find on your body - Beaker - 03-20-2016

(03-19-2016, 11:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So degrading our hearing is evolution? 

Why did some useful traits degrade is pretty much the question evolutionist cannot answer; regardless how wordy their response. 

Degradation of hearing was not mentioned...nor is that necessarily the case. What they said is our ears no longer will pivot to locate sounds like other mammals. In the context of survival, our ears are on the sides of our heads, giving us, in a sense, "binocular" hearing. We can tell the direction of a sound pretty accurately without pivoting our ears. Other mammals have their ears on top of their heads pointed forward. So the ability to pivot the ears to better locate sounds is more important. Again, nowhere did they claim that our hearing got worse. Pay better attention next time and stop trying to play the creationist game of twisting the science.

(03-20-2016, 07:45 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote:   I have done my own research. 

By looking for sources that only agree with your opinion.

(03-20-2016, 07:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I can't help it if you had a dumb ass professor.  It took me about 5 seconds to find this.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/nature/dogs-sense-of-smell.html

And the part of a dog's brain that is devoted to analyzing smells is, proportionally speaking, 40 times greater than ours.

Let me repeat the advice I gave you before.  Do some research.  It will keep you from looking stupid.

Admitted we didn't study a dog's sense of smell when we examined the subject nor did we use a nova article from PBS.

I will inform the faculty of the error in their curriculum and of the ignorance of their professors. 

Also if you give me your resume that explains you know everything about the workings of the brain; I'll see if they can employ you as an Ad-Hoc professor. I'm sure they would be lucky to have you

RE: Proof of evolution that you can find on your body - Beaker - 03-20-2016

(03-20-2016, 03:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ..and man gets killed by them as well. I'm not sure what your point is other that man survives due to his ability to reason. Nothing explains why someone that lives in an environment where directional hearing would be beneficial lost this ability, so that they could solve algebra. 

It was never lost.

RE: Proof of evolution that you can find on your body - Aquapod770 - 03-20-2016

Contrary to popular belief evolution and religion (specifically Christianity) can coexist. Very easily at the micro-evolution level, but admittedly not as smoothly at the macro level. It's very reasonable to think we were created to be able to adapt to our surroundings.

The big bang also fits pretty well into the biblical creation story; if you apply Einsteins theory of relativity.

(03-20-2016, 07:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When you said white people should live completely separate from black people.

Actually, I think I said, that white people should be free to choose for themselves who they want to associate with.

I do think there should be a place for white people.

Africa for the Africans.

Asia for the Asians...

Middle East for the Middle Easterns.

Europe for everybody!

I do believe in freedom of association.  If a white person such as yourself wants to live in a all black neighborhood, I wouldn't stop them from doing so.  Likewise, if a neighborhood of all whites, didn't want a black family to move in, they should be respected and no black should move in.  I believe blacks should have the same things available if they want as well.

(03-20-2016, 07:55 PM)Beaker Wrote: It was never lost.

But Fred and others say it is. Basically the brain cannot handle ear movement and math. 

(03-20-2016, 07:52 PM)Beaker Wrote: Degradation of hearing was not mentioned...nor is that necessarily the case. What they said is our ears no longer will pivot to locate sounds like other mammals. In the context of survival, our ears are on the sides of our heads, giving us, in a sense, "binocular" hearing. We can tell the direction of a sound pretty accurately without pivoting our ears. Other mammals have their ears on top of their heads pointed forward. So the ability to pivot the ears to better locate sounds is more important. Again, nowhere did they claim that our hearing got worse. Pay better attention next time and stop trying to play the creationist game of twisting the science.

That's what we said.  It got ignored.  As will your post.

(03-20-2016, 07:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: By looking for sources that only agree with your opinion.

You don't do any different. 

Except I actually do look at sources that disagree with my opinion.  Just that the sources that do agree with mine have just as strong and compelling arguments as the ones that disagree with mine.

(03-20-2016, 07:55 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Contrary to popular belief evolution and religion (specifically Christianity) can coexist. Very easily at the micro-evolution level, but admittedly not as smoothly at the macro level. It's very reasonable to think we were created to be able to adapt to our surroundings.

The big bang also fits pretty well into the biblical creation story; if you apply Einsteins theory of relativity.

Except for the whole there was light before the sun and stars thing....