Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ 49ers*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Bengals GameDay! (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Bengals-GameDay)
+---- Forum: GameDay Thread Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-GameDay-Thread-Archive)
+----- Forum: 2023 GameDay Threads (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-2023-GameDay-Threads)
+----- Thread: ***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ 49ers*** (/Thread-Week-8-GameDay-Thread-Bengals-49ers)

RE: ***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ 49ers*** - TheCincinnatiKid - 10-29-2023

(10-29-2023, 06:49 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Doesn't matter who was in at TE on that play, it wasn't going to score.  And you can't be up in the air with that many guys pulling at the ball and not keep hold of it.  At best he needed to get to the ground underneath the tacklers.  But that would have required our final TO, and then a sack would end the half.  Instead, any pass should have been to the back of the end zone in places where only our guy could get it or it would go incomplete to stop the clock.  That way we could hold onto the TO to save the FG attempt in the event of a sack.  Poor play calling is the problem with that play.

Tony Romo said it should have been a run play, and I agree. Makes SF think about using their last TO, and they likely defend the pass more than the run in that position in any case. Even with no TO, we would've had plenty of time, even without calling one ourselves.

Thick as anything for a play call. And to top it all off, we're giving the ball to our worst receiving threat. The old 'they won't expect us doing something this stupid!' playcall. Ridiculous.

RE: ***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ 49ers*** - Clark W Griswold - 10-29-2023

This is on Zac. I have Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Mixon inside the 5?
Throw it laterally to Irv Smith Jr. Inexcusable play call right there.

RE: ***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ 49ers*** - Joelist - 10-29-2023

Put Wilcox or Sample out there instead. At least they provide blocking.

RE: ***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ 49ers*** - michaelsean - 10-29-2023

(10-29-2023, 06:47 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: Disappointed in 1st half results, we should have 10 more points on the board. This team doesn’t have that killer instinct to put teams away.

They marched down the field on them and then a moron fumbled. It’s not like they went into a shell.

RE: ***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ 49ers*** - Destro - 10-29-2023

(10-29-2023, 06:46 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: You have Chase, Higgins, Boyd and a rejuvenated Mixon dominating and you put the ball in the hands of Irv ***** Smith?

That’s malpractice. Lac cannot get out of his own damned way.

That's what I'm saying. If Mixon fumbles driving towards the goal or Chase tips the ball into the defender on a fade, it is what it is. A swing pass to Irv Smith?

I'll be fair, if it was Callahan or Burrow on that call, I'd tell them it was stupid, as well. Whoever was behind that screwed the pooch. 

RE: ***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ 49ers*** - casear2727 - 10-29-2023

(10-29-2023, 06:48 PM)Joelist Wrote: And we're showing some of the Seattle form again. First two drives good then we sputter, make mistakes and suddenly all scoring stops.

The lack of football knowledge is incredible. 

We drove the ball every drive.  Missed a long FG in the wind and fumbled inside the 5.  That is awesome compared  to every other game we have played. Its so much better to leave points than to struggle to move the ball.

We simply cannot let them stay in the game.

RE: ***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ 49ers*** - reuben.ahmed - 10-29-2023

(10-29-2023, 06:51 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: its called bend but dont break. only you think the defense is currently playing bad against a top 5 san fran offense

I remember why you are on ignore lol, just totally disregarded stats. I can see the side if you're talking about just points but the defense can lose us this game as much as the offense can.

RE: ***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ 49ers*** - Frank Booth - 10-29-2023

(10-29-2023, 06:52 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Wilcox and Hudson have been fine.  The problem is Smith has not earned the TE1 position, but is still being given the opportunities.

wilcox and hudson are not fine. they're 3rd and 4th string tight ends for a reason

(10-29-2023, 06:53 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I remember why you are on ignore lol

because I called you out on your bad opinion that the defense is currently playing bad? Ok, son

RE: ***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ 49ers*** - casear2727 - 10-29-2023

(10-29-2023, 06:52 PM)michaelsean Wrote: They marched down the field on them and then a moron fumbled. It’s not like they went into a shell.

It is insanity on here at times.  This is the best the offense has been.  

RE: ***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ 49ers*** - Shepdawg - 10-29-2023

Yep, the Bengals need a new TE.

RE: ***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ 49ers*** - michaelsean - 10-29-2023

(10-29-2023, 06:48 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: Why are you going to let it bug you?  The Bengals have done things like this throughout their history, you should be used to it lol

Because it usually didnt matter. LOL being a fan of a crap team has its advantages.

(10-29-2023, 06:53 PM)casear2727 Wrote: It is insanity on here at times.  This is the best the offense has been.  

I dont come in these threads often, but Im regretting being here right now

RE: ***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ 49ers*** - NUGDUKWE - 10-29-2023

Well we won the half. I sure hope we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot too much. I blame the play call. Run the ball. All this talk about we need a TE but we barely ever target them outside of 5yds let them get down field.

RE: ***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ 49ers*** - jfkbengals - 10-29-2023

(10-29-2023, 06:52 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Tony Romo said it should have been a run play, and I agree. Makes SF think about using their last TO, and they likely defend the pass more than the run in that position in any case. Even with no TO, we would've had plenty of time, even without calling one ourselves.

Thick as anything for a play call. And to top it all off, we're giving the ball to our worst receiving threat. The old 'they won't expect us doing something this stupid!' playcall. Ridiculous.

It was 30 seconds remaining in the half.  No reason for SF to use their TO and save clock for us.  My $.02

RE: ***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ 49ers*** - TheCincinnatiKid - 10-29-2023

(10-29-2023, 06:53 PM)casear2727 Wrote: It is insanity on here at times.  This is the best the offense has been.  

Quite clearly the best we've been on offence all season. We look like we're back, Burrow does not look like pre-bye Burrow. He looks back to his elite level again.

Without a sack and a ridiculous playcall... we'd likely be 24-10 up on one of the best teams in the league, in their own backyard. We're two bad plays away from a dream first half. Unfortunately, big plays make a huge different. 

RE: ***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ 49ers*** - Clark W Griswold - 10-29-2023

Hope I am wrong but I think that turn over will bite them in the ass by the end of the game.
The offense better come out with fire because they can’t take the second half off like they did vs Seattle

RE: ***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ 49ers*** - Rubekahn29 - 10-29-2023

(10-29-2023, 06:52 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Wilcox and Hudson have been fine.  The problem is Smith has not earned the TE1 position, but is still being given the opportunities.

That’s it though, they have been fine but are not good enough to take a starting spot.

RE: ***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ 49ers*** - Rubekahn29 - 10-29-2023

(10-29-2023, 06:55 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Quite clearly the best we've been on offence all season. We look like we're back, Burrow does not look like pre-bye Burrow. He looks back to his elite level again.

Without a sack and a ridiculous playcall... we'd likely be 24-10 up on one of the best teams in the league, in their own backyard. We're two bad plays away from a dream first half. Unfortunately, big plays make a huge different. 

It’s just frustrating that we’ve look by far the best we have all year and we are up by only 4.

RE: ***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ 49ers*** - reuben.ahmed - 10-29-2023

(10-29-2023, 06:54 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I dont come in these threads often, but Im regretting being here right now

Then leave, nobody would miss you Big Grin