Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Joe Burrow injury updates - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Joe Burrow injury updates (/Thread-Joe-Burrow-injury-updates)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - Nepa - 08-21-2023

(08-21-2023, 07:14 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Lol. 

Aaron Rodgers is 40 years old and has already made over $300m in the NFL alone. He got paid the most he possibly could for many years. He was the highest paid player in football last year, was tied for 6th highest paid the year before that, 5th highest paid the year before that, 3rd highest paid the year before that.

He still gave up $30 million that was already guaranteed in his contract. $30 million dollars guaranteed. And he did that specifically so that the Jets could get better weapons. Which they have done as a result. And, since he is 40 years old, that is his last paycheck.

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - Nepa - 08-21-2023

(08-21-2023, 08:19 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Rodgers has been greedy.  Thats part of why he only has 1 Super Bowl ring.  He wanted to keep getting paid all this money so that leaves less to keep and bring in more talent around him.  Now he is at the end of career and takes a cut to chase another ring.  Its probably too late at this point with all the other talent in the AFC.  Meanwhile Patrick Mahomes and his 45 million per year salary and Travis Kelce with his 14 million per year salary will be favored to add to their collection.

And yet you are speculating that Joe Burrow "wants 55 million plus have his contract raise every year where you don't see any type of relief toward the end of the contract."  Which would seem to mean that if "Rodgers has been greedy," that by extension if Joe Burrow does what you are speculating, he would be classified as greedy. 

Another poster noted Rodgers has made $300 million over the course of his contract and was the 5th highest, 6th highest, 3rd highest, etc. and yet posters are speculating that Joe Burrow will be 1st highest and with a contract that dwarfs the contract of Rodgers. Well, if Rodgers can give back money to help the team, my hope, and my expectation, is that Joe Burrow will also make a team-friendly contract.

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - Essex Johnson - 08-21-2023

(08-21-2023, 01:45 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Burrow could be waiting on Higgins.  Higgins is up now.  Chase is not.  If Higgins wants to be a number 1 with number 1 money he can move on.  But Higgins will only become more expensive the longer we wait if they do want to extend him, which seems to be the mindset of the club and Burrow.

We could the same about Burrow longer we wait more we will pay. Higgins is an accessory to the main part which is Burrow, his contract will impact all others. I'm feel Higgins is looking for #1 $$ , he has said numerous times he feels like a #1.

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - NUGDUKWE - 08-21-2023

(08-21-2023, 09:02 PM)Nepa Wrote: And yet you are speculating that Joe Burrow "wants 55 million plus have his contract raise every year where you don't see any type of relief toward the end of the contract."  Which would seem to mean that if "Rodgers has been greedy," that by extension if Joe Burrow does what you are speculating, he would be classified as greedy. 

Another poster noted Rodgers has made $300 million over the course of his contract and was the 5th highest, 6th highest, 3rd highest, etc. and yet posters are speculating that Joe Burrow will be 1st highest and with a contract that dwarfs the contract of Rodgers. Well, if Rodgers can give back money to help the team, my hope, and my expectation, is that Joe Burrow will also make a team-friendly contract.

I hope we get an answer to these questions in the next few weeks. I originally was hoping Burrow would take a bit of a discount. But with all the contracts recently out doing each other i think that is the way it will most likely go. I would love to sign Higgins Burrow and Chase but I just don't think it's realistic. 

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - Bengalion - 08-21-2023

(08-21-2023, 09:02 PM)Nepa Wrote: And yet you are speculating that Joe Burrow "wants 55 million plus have his contract raise every year where you don't see any type of relief toward the end of the contract."  Which would seem to mean that if "Rodgers has been greedy," that by extension if Joe Burrow does what you are speculating, he would be classified as greedy. 

Rodgers will be out of the league in the next years, Burrow is only getting started. Burrow has yet to sign his first contract, in the other hand Rodgers already made a lot of money. Rodgers took a pay cut because he's probably satisfied with the amount of money he made and now he can foccus on getting another ring. Joe knows that he's played well enough to be the highest-paid QB, but this may change in the next 5-6 years. He's young and on his prime now, but he might not have another oppotunity to earn top money. Two very different situations imo. 

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - casear2727 - 08-21-2023

(08-21-2023, 04:52 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I think this is the correct explanation.  Burrow is trying to get everything he possibly can.  Forget this talk about taking any kind of discount to keep everyone together.  If Burrow was going to take a discount, the contract would have already been signed.  He is not waiting on Tee.  I think it comes down to the Bengals are focusing in on Burrow and he is wanting to be the highest paid player in the NFL.  It also wouldn't surprise me with all the talk about a percentage of the cap he is also trying to get a raise every single year from a contract that would already pay him as the highest player in the NFL.  Instead of signing a contract that would pay him like Herbert at 53-55 million where the hit isnt so bad toward the end of the contract,  I would guess Burrow wants that 55 million plus have his contract raise every year where you dont see any type of relief toward the end of the contract.

So much of this is speculation that none of us knows...
"Burrow is trying to get everything he possibly can."
"He is not waiting on Tee."

"with all the talk about a percentage of the cap" - Mike Florio is literally the only guy saying this. It is a horrible idea, hurts the team, and could make the escrow requirements impossible to determine.

"I would guess Burrow wants that 55 million plus have his contract raise every year where you don't see any type of relief toward the end of the contract."  This goes against everything Burrow has publicly stated and is not inline with any recent 2nd contract QB extensions.   I think that inferring Burrow is a liar is kind of harsh. 

(08-21-2023, 05:01 PM)jj22 Wrote: You guys still holding out hope Tee will sign? The FO can't do business with his agent. They never could, and never will. Tee will be tagged next season and that as with all tagged players will tell you it's his last year.

Not every Mulugheta contract is a max deal, so we cant be sure.  I dont think we ever intended to pay a Safety top money, as an agent it was quite clear that Bates should move on.  We will see how it goes, it is definitely uneasy after the Bates saga and what he got for Watson.  Tee and Ossai might both difficult to extend because of Mulugheta but I'd bet that he doesn't want to be considered in a negative light by any NFL team.  That wouldn't be good for business.

(08-21-2023, 05:30 PM)Bengalion Wrote: Most teams don't have two Top 5 WRs on their roster, they usually run the business with one well paid WR they drafted/signed on FA, plus young players on rookie contracts and veterans with some promise or low upside. 

I'm not sure many consider Tee a Top 5 WR....

(08-21-2023, 09:17 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: We could the same about Burrow longer we wait more we will pay. Higgins is an accessory to the main part which is Burrow, his contract will impact all others. I'm feel Higgins is looking for #1 $$ , he has said numerous times he feels like a #1.

Of course Tee says he he "feels like a #1", but he has also said he wants to stay in Cincy.  It is impossible to do both.

I would not be surprised if Burrow's deal is waiting on Tee and I would not be surprised if that waiting stops before Week 1 and they close Burrows deal with or without Tee.

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - samhain - 08-21-2023

(08-21-2023, 09:29 PM)casear2727 Wrote: So much of this is speculation that none of us knows...
"Burrow is trying to get everything he possibly can."
"He is not waiting on Tee."

"with all the talk about a percentage of the cap" - Mike Florio is literally the only guy saying this. It is a horrible idea, hurts the team, and could make the escrow requirements impossible to determine.

"I would guess Burrow wants that 55 million plus have his contract raise every year where you don't see any type of relief toward the end of the contract."  This goes against everything Burrow has publicly stated and is not inline with any recent 2nd contract QB extensions.   I think that inferring Burrow is a liar is kind of harsh. 

I agree, but we don't know until we know, and the involved parties aren't saying a word.  

I expect Joe to get paid well, but I don't see him doing a deal that cripples the team when it comes to keeping and bringing in talent.  It's going to be a tighter squeeze by default, but Joe most definitely wants to win.  

If he's going for nothing but the largest amount of money he can get, then this team will be at a significant disadvantage to KC for the duration of Mahomes' current contract.  You can also likely forget about keeping both Tee and Ja'Marr.  

Joe has earned whatever he gets.  Zero doubt about it.  He's the king of Cincinnati right now.  However, if he takes a huge, cap-crippler contract and does not proceed to win a title, his legacy will be greatly diminished.  Much like Rodgers, right or wrong, he'll bear some blame for not enabling the team to maintain a high level of roster quality.  

Hopefully we find out something soon.

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - TheLeonardLeap - 08-21-2023

(08-21-2023, 08:19 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Meanwhile Patrick Mahomes and his 45 million per year salary and Travis Kelce with his 14 million per year salary will be favored to add to their collection.

Mahomes was the highest paid QB in the NFL for two straight years after his extension.

When Mahomes signed his contract, the previous highest paid QB at the time was Russell Wilson at $35m/yr, and then Mahomes got $45m/yr. He jumped the previous highest paid by 28.6%. He is why all the QBs are making silly money now because he created such a massive void between #1 and #2.

Also there has already been talk about Mahomes getting more money this off-season most likely. They are likely just waiting for Burrow's deal before Mahomes gets even more money.

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - BengalsLUFC - 08-21-2023

It is starting to get frustrating now they’ve had months to get a deal agreed. I think we were all happy to wait for Burrow to sign after Herbert,Lamar etc but it’s now been what 3 or 4 weeks?

There is something definitely going on behind the scenes are the Bengals refusing to pay what Burrow wants? Is Burrow wanting other guys signed before him?

Let’s be honest nobody has a clue and until he either signs or talks are paused we will all be kept in the dark.

I’d seriously hope Burrow was smarter than that to wait on Tee though, we all know what a massive cockwomble his agent is.

I’d also hope the team weren’t haggling over a couple of million here or there for a guy who’s basically transformed the franchise single handedly.

Either way just want some news soon.

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - rfaulk34 - 08-21-2023

(08-21-2023, 04:52 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I think this is the correct explanation.  Burrow is trying to get everything he possibly can.  Forget this talk about taking any kind of discount to keep everyone together.  If Burrow was going to take a discount, the contract would have already been signed.  He is not waiting on Tee.  I think it comes down to the Bengals are focusing in on Burrow and he is wanting to be the highest paid player in the NFL.  It also wouldn't surprise me with all the talk about a percentage of the cap he is also trying to get a raise every single year from a contract that would already pay him as the highest player in the NFL.  Instead of signing a contract that would pay him like Herbert at 53-55 million where the hit isnt so bad toward the end of the contract,  I would guess Burrow wants that 55 million plus have his contract raise every year where you dont see any type of relief toward the end of the contract.

You're a regular bundle of joy, aren't you?

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - 007BengalsFan - 08-22-2023

(08-21-2023, 11:02 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You're a regular bundle of joy, aren't you?

You dont like it that I pointed out Burrow is not going after a team friendly deal?   Thats not my fault.  Go talk to Burrow and his agent.

(08-21-2023, 09:29 PM)casear2727 Wrote: "I would guess Burrow wants that 55 million plus have his contract raise every year where you don't see any type of relief toward the end of the contract."  This goes against everything Burrow has publicly stated and is not inline with any recent 2nd contract QB extensions.   I think that inferring Burrow is a liar is kind of harsh. 

If Burrow wanted a team friendly deal, it would have been done by now.  If Burrow only wanted what Herbert got, it would have been done by now.  Just looking at it objectively Burrow is wanting something bigger or it would have been done.  I dont know if that is a big payday where his contract gets raised every year based on cap % or  a 100% guaranteed contract but there is something going on other than some team friendly deal.

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - rfaulk34 - 08-22-2023

(08-22-2023, 12:10 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: You dont like it that I pointed out Burrow is not going after a team friendly deal?   Thats not my fault.  Go talk to Burrow and his agent.

You don't know what he's going after but you speculated that he's a greedy mofo. 

Speculation, conjecture and assumptions. You got that down, homie.

(08-22-2023, 12:23 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You don't know what he's going after but you speculated that he's a greedy mofo. 

Speculation, conjecture and assumptions. You got that down, homie.

That's what message boards are for.  I gave my opinion, you can have yours.  Lets see who ends up being right.  He either takes a discount or he doesnt.  I say he doesnt.  You and others can continue to believe he doesnt care that much about money.  I say that is wishful thinking and if it were true he would have already signed.  Lets see what he ends up with

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - casear2727 - 08-22-2023

(08-22-2023, 12:19 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: If Burrow wanted a team friendly deal, it would have been done by now.  If Burrow only wanted what Herbert got, it would have been done by now.  Just looking at it objectively Burrow is wanting something bigger or it would have been done.  I dont know if that is a big payday where his contract gets raised every year based on cap % or  a 100% guaranteed contract but there is something going on other than some team friendly deal.

(08-22-2023, 12:30 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: That's what message boards are for.  I gave my opinion, you can have yours.  Lets see who ends up being right.  He either takes a discount or he doesnt.  I say he doesnt.  You and others can continue to believe he doesnt care that much about money.  I say that is wishful thinking and if it were true he would have already signed.  Lets see what he ends up with

I dont disagree that if Burrow was going to take a huge cut it would be done by now.  I never expected that, but I can believe that he will allow flexibility with the structure and there is a chance that finalization of those terms could be pending a Higgins agreement instead of simply Burrow's greed.

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - Sled21 - 08-22-2023

Quote:CINCINNATI (WXIX) - The Bengals will roll out a parade of riches on offense again next year. The challenge is keeping all that talent together for the duration of quarterback Joe Burrow’s “championship window.”

Burrow, who has said he wants to stay in Cincinnati his “whole career,” appears to be taking that into consideration.

“Joe knows how he wants to set up his contract to keep his weapons around him,” Bengals wide receiver Ja’Marr Chase said on the NFL Network’s Wednesday Super Bowl Live show

I think I will listen to one of his best friends over people guessing.

RE: Joe Burrow injury updates - Soonerpeace - 08-22-2023

(08-22-2023, 01:58 AM)casear2727 Wrote: I dont disagree that if Burrow was going to take a huge cut it would be done by now.  I never expected that, but I can believe that he will allow flexibility with the structure and there is a chance that finalization of those terms could be pending a Higgins agreement instead of simply Burrow's greed.

This