Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump (/Thread-Whistle-Blower%E2%80%99s-Complaint-Is-Said-to-Involve-Multiple-Acts-by-Trump)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - fredtoast - 11-05-2019

(11-05-2019, 07:18 PM)Dill Wrote: Of course, Biden was publicly carrying out public policy which Obama and Congress had determined was in the national interest, and which our European allies also supported as in their interest--a move aimed at STOPPING corruption.

If Biden had NOT taken those steps then right now Hannity would be squealing about how Biden wanted the corrupt prosecutor in place to protect his corrupt son.

"The World Bank and our European allies all wanted the guy gone.  WHY NOT JOE BIDEN!?!?!?!  Why didn't he make foreign aid dependent on getting rid of that guy?  All he was doing was protecting his corrupt son!!!  The Bidens are all CROOKS!!"

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - BmorePat87 - 11-05-2019

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/469156-paul-says-he-probably-will-disclose-whistleblowers-name?fbclid=IwAR2R2xrB5nV-J2ahVSSTPeG2lCxrbzLA_Tz_6D8tA9qFO2cuae5UgbXKAnk&fbclid=IwAR1SmCDIu6IxubilAbFtRM93_EH12pLuSPzXe2OagFJsSv0pbQkFpxfQppc

Rand Paul the libertarian small government advocate opponent of crony capitalism person with a staunch dislike of spending dork who got his ass kicked by his neighbor joined Trump at one of his rallies to call on the media to reveal the name of the whistleblower. Rand later told Fox that he will could release the name himself and might but might not but might but might not.

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - GMDino - 11-05-2019

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - GMDino - 11-06-2019

Would we allow a person on a jury f they said before the trial they refused to even look at the evidence?

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - CJD - 11-06-2019

A more naive version of myself would think Sondland, explicitly not a Never Trumper, completely reversing course and changing his testimony against Trump would finally convince Republicans that maybe there's something here.

Luckily for me, that naive version of me is dead and buried by now.

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - BakertheBeast - 11-06-2019

Those Congressional Repubs are flip-flopping around like a fish out of water. They are scared to death of the Donald. They will say anything he tells them. . They make me want to throw up like I almost do every time I look at my avatar pic.
The Trump presidency has to be one of the greatest con jobs The Donald has ever pulled off.

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - Dill - 11-06-2019

(11-05-2019, 08:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If Biden had NOT taken those steps then right now Hannity would be squealing about how Biden wanted the corrupt prosecutor in place to protect his corrupt son.

"The World Bank and our European allies all wanted the guy gone.  WHY NOT JOE BIDEN!?!?!?!  Why didn't he make foreign aid dependent on getting rid of that guy?  All he was doing was protecting his corrupt son!!!  The Bidens are all CROOKS!!"

lol agreed.

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - Dill - 11-06-2019

(11-06-2019, 12:42 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: A more naive version of myself would think Sondland, explicitly not a Never Trumper, completely reversing course and changing his testimony against Trump would finally convince Republicans that maybe there's something here.

Luckily for me, that naive version of me is dead and buried by now.

They already KNOW there is something there.

Their job is to deny it until they can't, then minimalize it until they can't. 

Hoping to run out the clock, or until a sufficient counter narrative has taken root to keep enough "independents" voting with them.

"Can't know for sure that Ukraine DIDN'T hack the election instead of Russia until we 'investigate' right?

But the Dems won't go there because it's more about getting Trump than finding the 'truth' etc. . . . Can't impeach with all these questions hanging over the process. . . ." lol

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - BmorePat87 - 11-06-2019

Rudy just tweeted that his investigation into Ukraine was done solely to protect Trump personally...

Can’t wait for the Senate GOP to spin this one

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - Belsnickel - 11-06-2019

(11-06-2019, 08:07 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Rudy just tweeted that his investigation into Ukraine was done solely to protect Trump personally...

Can’t wait for the Senate GOP to spin this one

Trump already started laying the groundwork to throw Rudy to the wolves and distance himself from him. It'll be a tough sell because of the administration now admitting there was a quid pro quo for these investigations, but that's the direction they'll probably go.

Sometimes I think they are just trying to look so incompetent at corruption that the public doesn't believe there could be a nefarious motive involved.

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - BmorePat87 - 11-06-2019

(11-06-2019, 09:53 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Sometimes I think they are just trying to look so incompetent at corruption that the public doesn't believe there could be a nefarious motive involved.

Graham implied that today. He said that the administration's policy on Ukraine was too incoherent for there to be an organized quid pro quo effort. 

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - GMDino - 11-07-2019

(11-06-2019, 09:53 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Trump already started laying the groundwork to throw Rudy to the wolves and distance himself from him. It'll be a tough sell because of the administration now admitting there was a quid pro quo for these investigations, but that's the direction they'll probably go.

Sometimes I think they are just trying to look so incompetent at corruption that the public doesn't believe there could be a nefarious motive involved.

(11-06-2019, 11:33 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Graham implied that today. He said that the administration's policy on Ukraine was too incoherent for there to be an organized quid pro quo effort. 

That has literally been the defense of Trump all along:  He doesn't know what he's doing so he can't be breaking any laws.

It's mind numbing because on the flip side no on is trying to get him to understand what he is doing and they still blindly support a man who they claim doesn't know what he is doing.

As of this morning he GOP has moved to EVERYONE who said Trump did anything wrong is secretly working with the Democrats and Don Jr allegedly gave out the name of the whistleblower.

I'd hope there would be severe repercussions for this but I'm old enough to know better.

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - GMDino - 11-07-2019

Rudy is not a good lawyer.  

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - BmorePat87 - 11-07-2019

(11-07-2019, 10:11 AM)GMDino Wrote: Rudy is not a good lawyer.  

Well, you don't have to be a good lawyer when, prior to any actual charges, you know the jury is already going to find your client innocent no matter what because they've said they don't care about the evidence and will dismiss any charges. 

It's funny when Republicans try to equate this to criminal proceedings and ask for those protections. OK, let's do it and then have an actual jury trial lol.

So Jr. really DID tweet a name...whether the correct one or not...then deleted it.

So he's a law breaker and coward.

The apple didn't fall far from the tree....

https://news.yahoo.com/impeachment-trumps-son-tweets-name-alleged-whistleblower-154514305.html

Quote:President Donald Trump's son published on Wednesday the name of the alleged anonymous whistleblower whose complaint fired the impeachment inquiry against Trump, breaking strict conventions for protecting officials who reveal wrongdoing in government.

Amid calls by the president himself to expose the whistleblower, Donald Trump Jr. tweeted the name of a CIA analyst which has circulated online for weeks, and linked to a Breitbart news article implying the person was pro-Democrat and anti-Trump.

AFP could not independently verify the whistleblower's identity and is not publishing the name.

But the revelation by the president's son comes as the White House seeks to discredit the mounting impeachment effort in Congress against Trump, painting it as driven by politics.

"There is no Whistleblower. There is someone with an agenda against Donald Trump," the president tweeted on Monday.

Standing beside Trump at a political rally in Kentucky Monday, Republican Senator Rand Paul threatened to expose the person and demanded they testify in Congress.

"We also now know the name of the whistleblower... I say tonight to the media, do your job and print his name."
Andrew Bakaj, the whistleblower's lawyer, would not confirm or deny the reported name, but said Trump Jr. and others were endangering the person as well as the system built to protect whistleblowers.

"Identifying any name for the whistleblower will simply place that individual and their family at risk," he told AFP.
"It won't, however, relieve the president of the need to address the substantive allegations, all of which have been substantially proven to be true."

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - hollodero - 11-07-2019

(11-07-2019, 10:25 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Well, you don't have to be a good lawyer when, prior to any actual charges, you know the jury is already going to find your client innocent no matter what because they've said they don't care about the evidence and will dismiss any charges. 

This is really the most astonishing thing. I don't mind evidence, I don't mind testimonies, I don't mind slanderings and smears and lies, I don't care. Trump!

So, carte blanche. Sure, extort away! Do whatever you please! Carte blanche! MAGA!
What a triumph for conservatives. And for democracy.

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - Belsnickel - 11-07-2019

(11-07-2019, 12:23 PM)hollodero Wrote: This is really the most astonishing thing. I don't mind evidence, I don't mind testimonies, I don't mind slanderings and smears and lies, I don't care. Trump!

So, carte blanche. Sure, extort away! Do whatever you please! Carte blanche! MAGA!

So, there are theories surrounding political cultures, and in particular three dominating ones in the US: moralistic, individualistic, and traditionalist. These cultures tend to not fall on party lines; you can have moralistic Republicans and Democrats in places where it is the dominant culture. But there has been a trend of individualism among the Republican party, which essentially is about using the government to your benefit. This individualistic culture has moved around a bit more since this theory was presented in 1966, and I think we're seeing that, here, in the GOP. This higher tolerance for using the government to one's own benefit.

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - hollodero - 11-07-2019

(11-07-2019, 02:51 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, there are theories surrounding political cultures, and in particular three dominating ones in the US: moralistic, individualistic, and traditionalist. These cultures tend to not fall on party lines; you can have moralistic Republicans and Democrats in places where it is the dominant culture. But there has been a trend of individualism among the Republican party, which essentially is about using the government to your benefit. This individualistic culture has moved around a bit more since this theory was presented in 1966, and I think we're seeing that, here, in the GOP. This higher tolerance for using the government to one's own benefit.

This has to be the nicest way possible to put it.

Yes, they are all amoral, to an extent that is spooky.

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - Nately120 - 11-07-2019

(11-07-2019, 12:23 PM)hollodero Wrote: This is really the most astonishing thing. I don't mind evidence, I don't mind testimonies, I don't mind slanderings and smears and lies, I don't care. Trump!

The hardcore Trump fans have a few fail-safes in place to keep them from having to deal with the upsetting feelings that might come with supporting an amoral person:

1.  Trump didn't do anything wrong and all the allegations against him are just being thrown at him by a desperate populace that is threatened by his success.
2.  Trump did something wrong, but it doesn't matter because the other side does it too, or even does it worse.
3.  Trump did something bad, but nice guys don't get stuff done and his lack of morals is essential in getting stuff done and winning.

Remember folks, the ultimate safe-space is the one between your ears.  Just delude yourself into any though process which keeps you from having to change your mind or your stance or even question yourself.

(11-07-2019, 03:28 PM)hollodero Wrote: This has to be the nicest way possible to put it.

Yes, they are all amoral, to an extent that is spooky.

I guess that's what it comes down to.  We have a two-party system with guys like Nixon and Trump on one side and the raping and murdering Clinton and Kennedy clans on the other.  Two sides are bad and therefore we allow rich white people to do as they please.

RE: Whistle-Blower’s Complaint Is Said to Involve Multiple Acts by Trump - GMDino - 11-08-2019