Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
2020 Presidential Election - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: 2020 Presidential Election (/Thread-2020-Presidential-Election)

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - GMDino - 06-01-2020

(06-01-2020, 09:30 PM)GMDino Wrote: Wait...

What?

Hilarious

Smirk

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - bfine32 - 06-01-2020

(06-01-2020, 09:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: Only fools want the POTUS to use the military to fire on peacefully protesting citizens so he can get a photo op.

That makes him no more brave than hiding in the WH.

But I'm sure some fools were happy to see that entire scene.  

Personally, I think the staged walk to St. Johns was a petty photo op; so I disagree with the fools that applauded it. But I try to be consistent in my stances. 

Protesters outside White House walls, POTUS retreats to bunker as requested by security= Trump coward

Protesters outside White House walls, security uses non-lethal methods to disperse= Trump coward.

Seems some give less than a shit about the rationality. 

(06-01-2020, 09:50 PM)jason Wrote: Bible or no Bible... Does anything look less natural than Donald Trump with a book in his hand? He was really struggling with it.

Fact.

Even better no one at the church knew he was going to use it for his photo op and they are not happy about it.

So, to sum up:

Trump hid and then got mad because people made fun of him for hiding so he had the military gas citizens who were peacefully protesting so he could look like he was tough walking outside (after curfew) and do a photo op in front of church where he held a bible upside down.

So much winning.

(06-01-2020, 09:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Personally, I think the staged walk to St. Johns was a petty photo op; so I disagree with the fools that applauded it. But I try to be consistent in my stances. 

Protesters outside White House walls, POTUS retreats to bunker as requested by security= Trump coward

Protesters outside White House walls, security uses non-lethal methods to disperse= Trump coward.

Seems some give less than a shit about the rationality. 

Trump is always a coward.  Always has been.  that's both consistent and rational.

He'll hide behind his walls and the military and anything else while tweetin in all caps...lol.

I wonder how the military will respond when he orders them to shoot citizens?

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - BmorePat87 - 06-01-2020

Using the military and federal police to attack peaceful protestors is a sure fire way to lose an election. Biden needs to just not talk and keep up his photo ops as Trump spirals in incompetence, invoking all of his favorite dictators.

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - CKwi88 - 06-01-2020

(06-01-2020, 10:02 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Using the military and federal police to attack peaceful protestors is a sure fire way to lose an election. Biden needs to just not talk and keep up his photo ops as Trump spirals in incompetence, invoking all of his favorite dictators.

If only.

https://news.yahoo.com/biden-suggests-police-could-shoot-assailants-in-the-leg-instead-of-the-heart-201750470.html

Seems like every time he opens his mouth lately it's some dumb shit. Just shut up and let Trump collapse on himself already.

(06-01-2020, 10:01 PM)GMDino Wrote: Trump is always a coward.  Always has been.  that's both consistent and rational.

He'll hide behind his walls and the military and anything else while tweetin in all caps...lol.

I wonder how the military will respond when he orders them to shoot citizens?

Sure Trump's consistent, sadly many who share their opinions of him are not. 

The show today deserves condemnation from those that look to criticize him.

But while doing that and criticizing his retreating to the bunker when directed just shows someone who has lost the ability to think rationally. 

(06-01-2020, 10:04 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: If only.

https://news.yahoo.com/biden-suggests-police-could-shoot-assailants-in-the-leg-instead-of-the-heart-201750470.html

Seems like every time he opens his mouth lately it's some dumb shit. Just shut up and let Trump collapse on himself already.

Great campaign slogan. 

(06-01-2020, 10:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure Trump's consistent, sadly many who share their opinions of him are not. 

But while doing that and criticizing his retreating to the bunker when directed just shows someone who has lost the ability to think rationally. 

Trump is consistently cowardly. 

Luckily he has a bunch of people who will do whatever he tells them to do.   LMAO 

All seriousness aside I don't care what you think about it.  I really don't.  It was just one more way DJT looked like the child he is and all it does is make y'all come out to defend him.  I don't care if they dragged him kicking and screaming into that bunker while he INSISTED he be allowed to go out and meet with the protesters (like he told the governor of MI to do).  I really don't.  He's ran away from everything for his entire life.  I didn't take an oath to defend him.  Sorry.

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - BmorePat87 - 06-01-2020

(06-01-2020, 10:04 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: If only.

I mean, he was specifically referring to situations where cops are engaging with someone trying to attack them a melee weapon, discussing how to reduce police killings. It was not a reference to protests whatsoever. 

(06-01-2020, 10:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: Trump is consistently cowardly. 

Luckily he has a bunch of people who will do whatever he tells them to do.   LMAO 

All seriousness aside I don't care what you think about it.  I really don't.  It was just one more way DJT looked like the child he is and all it does is make y'all come out to defend him.  I don't care if they dragged him kicking and screaming into that bunker while he INSISTED he be allowed to go out and meet with the protesters (like he told the governor of MI to do).  I really don't.  He's ran away from everything for his entire life.  I didn't take an oath to defend him.  Sorry.

Yeah, saying the move today deserved condemnation is "coming out and defending him."

There's more of that rational reasoning we've come to expect from you. 

(06-01-2020, 10:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: Trump is consistently cowardly. 

(06-01-2020, 10:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, saying the move today deserved condemnation is "coming out and defending him."

There's more of that rational reasoning we've come to expect from you. 

Yet here y'all are.

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - NATI BENGALS - 06-01-2020

(06-01-2020, 09:30 PM)GMDino Wrote: Wait...

What?

Hilarious

I'd love to laugh at that.

But this shitbird has done so much damage to my country already. The true dictator vibes I'm getting from from him today make me really uncomfortable.

(06-01-2020, 10:28 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I'd love to laugh at that.

But this shitbird has done so much damage to my country already. The true dictator vibes I'm getting from from him today make me really uncomfortable.

I agree, the move was petty at best. 

As it should.  He's like those cowards who think a  gun make them tough like Zimmerman for example.  Only this coward has the US military and an entire party full of GOP members too afraid to stand up to him.  Add in the folks who still think he'll be presidential someday and we have a big mess.

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - samhain - 06-02-2020

(06-01-2020, 10:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure Trump's consistent, sadly many who share their opinions of him are not. 

Yeah, I didn't give him shit about the bunker thing.  For all I know the Secret Service forcefully encouraged him to shelter.  Either way, I would have tried to keep that incident a secret if I were the White House.  It's bad optics and should have stayed in-house.  Easy low hanging fruit for his critics if there ever was any.

He looks like he's holding a baby that he thinks might pee on him.  

To your second statement, can you even imagine what he'll do in November and December if he loses the election?  He's already gone full 3rd world strongman this week, so the possibilities are grim.  If anyone doubts that he'll want payback against a citizenry that rebukes him on 11/3, then they're not paying attention.

(06-01-2020, 10:02 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Using the military and federal police to attack peaceful protestors is a sure fire way to lose an election. Biden needs to just not talk and keep up his photo ops as Trump spirals in incompetence, invoking all of his favorite dictators.

I think he can get by with what he did today, relatively speaking because it was one incident and surprises absolutely no one.  If, however he makes good on his threat to go after protesters with active duty military, he's opening a can of worms that will be practically impossible to recover from.  For him, best case scenario is some tanks roll in, scare people off, and it ends.  Worst case scenario is US troops killing citizens in American cities when they don't back down.  That would be Hong Kong type shit right there, and could trigger guerrilla-style warfare on American streets.  

I've read that most governors want no part of that mess, and that the Pentagon feels that it's an overreach at this point as well.  If the protestors are dug in, that kind of action could lead to a long term escalation in violence similar to what goes on in other nations where ethnic minorities are at odds with a central government ad infinitum.  If anyone thinks that "dominating" as he or Barr called it on the streets will be met with people just going home, re-thinking their actions and forgetting about it, they are likely mistaken.  It will be a powder keg for a kind of violence that we really don't think of as a part of American life up to this point.  

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - Belsnickel - 06-02-2020

So, a couple of years ago my church lost both of our pastors. One became our synod bishop, the other took a call to a church in Georgetown. My pastor in Georgetown knows the clergy at St. John's and was among the clergy of other denominations mentioned in this post from the Rector at St. John's.

Edit: Clarification, she is the Rector at St. John's in Georgetown, and was the Asst. Rector at St. John's in Lafayette Square, which is where this took place.

Another edit: So anyone think that the grand display of blasphemy that Trump undertook, yesterday, will earn condemnation from evangelicals? I won't hold my breath.

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - Dill - 06-02-2020

(06-02-2020, 08:42 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Another edit: So anyone think that the grand display of blasphemy that Trump undertook, yesterday, will earn condemnation from evangelicals? I won't hold my breath.

I think it will be worth another great McNaughton painting.

[Image: National_Emergency_-_WEB__14117.15513905...80.jpg?c=2]

[Image: respect-the-flag-brown-burl-frame-with-g...purge=true]