Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
2020 Presidential Election - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: 2020 Presidential Election (/Thread-2020-Presidential-Election)

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - GMDino - 06-02-2020

Once again Trump has shown he lacks leadership skills, empathy and the cognitive ability to handle an emergency.  He tries to lead with fear and looking tough.  Which works when you own the business and can fire the people you have to lead.  Not so much when you are POTUS.

[Image: EZgwanLUYAIBr84?format=png&name=900x900]

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - Dill - 06-02-2020

(06-02-2020, 08:42 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Edit: Clarification, she is the Rector at St. John's in Georgetown, and was the Asst. Rector at St. John's in Lafayette Square, which is where this took place.

Some amazing responses to that eyewitness account:

=AZXoIdbU_5uAwkcmvllfawlTTvSOtwyQ1xTW8Db4AiutUBVjEEMUvV5jYroZ058cdNV3kuW2Fvm5zaC9pcCNYE9Y-abF-dtMXuvCT0vEkoPnQ9BNMgjsqwv7-HGjRVwc0_c&__tn__=R]-R]Jeff Manley

Let's see. The curfew was set for 7pm. They came out and told everyone they needed to move. No one moved. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. In case you haven't noticed, domestic terrorists have hijacked the legitimate, peaceful protest, causing harm, destruction, and anarchy in the streets of America. Any true, god-loving person, would understand the necessity to abandon the streets (at least temporarily) to allow the authorities the ability to clear these anarchist, who are viciously attacking your fellow Americans, businesses, community housing developments, etc...sounds to me as though you are the one grandstanding and allowing the rioters to operate by your failure to evacuate the area. Go cry your river to ANTIFA!

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - BmorePat87 - 06-02-2020

(06-02-2020, 02:52 PM)GMDino Wrote:

A cowardly and awkward man fumbling with a bible is “a powerful image” lol

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - bfine32 - 06-02-2020

(06-02-2020, 03:00 PM)Dill Wrote: Some amazing responses to that eyewitness account:

=AZXoIdbU_5uAwkcmvllfawlTTvSOtwyQ1xTW8Db4AiutUBVjEEMUvV5jYroZ058cdNV3kuW2Fvm5zaC9pcCNYE9Y-abF-dtMXuvCT0vEkoPnQ9BNMgjsqwv7-HGjRVwc0_c&__tn__=R]-R]Jeff Manley

Let's see. The curfew was set for 7pm. They came out and told everyone they needed to move. No one moved. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. In case you haven't noticed, domestic terrorists have hijacked the legitimate, peaceful protest, causing harm, destruction, and anarchy in the streets of America. Any true, god-loving person, would understand the necessity to abandon the streets (at least temporarily) to allow the authorities the ability to clear these anarchist, who are viciously attacking your fellow Americans, businesses, community housing developments, etc...sounds to me as though you are the one grandstanding and allowing the rioters to operate by your failure to evacuate the area. Go cry your river to ANTIFA!

Dill!?!?! There's hope for YOU.

I think Trump's stunt was worthy of condemnation on it's merit alone, but some cannot stop at that. They have to blame him for Police using dispersing measures to disperse a crowd that is breaking an ordinance. 

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - NATI BENGALS - 06-02-2020

I see he visited another religious site today. Nothing like a lying conman playing to his religious base.

I guess after all his years on this planet he knows where to find the biggest suckers.

(06-02-2020, 08:19 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I see he visited another religious site today. Nothing like a lying conman playing to his religious base.

I guess after all his years on this planet he knows where to find the biggest suckers.

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - Belsnickel - 06-02-2020

(06-02-2020, 08:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dill!?!?! There's hope for YOU.

I think Trump's stunt was worthy of condemnation on it's merit alone, but some cannot stop at that. They have to blame him for Police using dispersing measures to disperse a crowd that is breaking an ordinance. 

I didn't realize that clergy providing aid for people at their own church was breaking an ordinance. Amazing the things you learn on this forum.

(06-02-2020, 09:31 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I didn't realize that clergy providing aid for people at their own church was breaking an ordinance. Amazing the things you learn on this forum.

Appeal to emotion aside: Sad you had to learn on here that disregarding a curfew is breaking an ordinance. 

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - Belsnickel - 06-02-2020

(06-02-2020, 09:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Appeal to emotion aside: Sad you had to learn on here that disregarding a curfew is breaking an ordinance. 

I honestly didn't know a curfew had been broken. All I knew was that Trump (well, Barr, actually) had the church grounds cleared through riot control measures OF ITS OWN CLERGY AS THEY PROVIDED AID TO PEOPLE in order to have this photo op.

Now that I read the curfew order, since the DC curfew exempts essential workers, which includes healthcare workers (who were among those providing aid), were they actually violating curfew? Did the curfew actually give LE the authority to run clergy members from their own church grounds, essentially confiscating the property?

(06-02-2020, 09:31 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I didn't realize that clergy providing aid for people at their own church was breaking an ordinance. Amazing the things you learn on this forum.

I'm always amazed at people who don't get sarcasm.   Mellow

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - BrownAssClown - 06-02-2020

Ummm....Wasn't Trump breaking the curfew as well with his photo op stunt last night?

RE: 2020 Presidential Election - hollodero - 06-02-2020

(06-02-2020, 09:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Appeal to emotion aside: Sad you had to learn on here that disregarding a curfew is breaking an ordinance. 

Uhhh... sincere question, but this does get a bit dicey here, doesn't it? 

You know, the more honest I get the worse my expressions get, so forgive me and just tell me bluntly. What did you feel about those whole scenes and the Trump speech and all. Because I felt a shiver, I have to say. When he told governors that he can handle their problem very quickly? When he claimed to have invoked the right to send the military whereever he deems right? Wasn't that a bit spooky to you too, that whole scene and hearing the bangs in the background? I'm really just curious, I won't engage in any critisizm or follow-ups, I really just want to know that.

(06-02-2020, 09:44 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I honestly didn't know a curfew had been broken. All I knew was that Trump (well, Barr, actually) had the church grounds cleared through riot control measures OF ITS OWN CLERGY AS THEY PROVIDED AID TO PEOPLE in order to have this photo op.

Now that I read the curfew order, since the DC curfew exempts essential workers, which includes healthcare workers (who were among those providing aid), were they actually violating curfew? Did the curfew actually give LE the authority to run clergy members from their own church grounds, essentially confiscating the property?

Let's just say...the vast majority (if not all) of the folks cleared were breaking curfew. 

You do understand that a curfew is put in place to safeguard folks don't you?

(06-02-2020, 09:56 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Ummm....Wasn't Trump breaking the curfew as well with his photo op stunt last night?

I don't know how slowly I can type that Trump's stunt deserves condemnation on its merit alone. However, that doesn't change my point that folks have to try to add gas to the fire. simply because they like to see shit burn. 

(06-02-2020, 09:58 PM)hollodero Wrote: Uhhh... sincere question, but this does get a bit dicey here, doesn't it? 

You know, the more honest I get the worse my expressions get, so forgive me and just tell me bluntly. What did you feel about those whole scenes and the Trump speech and all. Because I felt a shiver, I have to say. When he told governors that he can handle their problem very quickly? When he claimed to have invoked the right to send the military whereever he deems right? Wasn't that a bit spooky to you too, that whole scene and hearing the bangs in the background? I'm really just curious, I won't engage in any critisizm or follow-ups, I really just want to know that.

I think folks will advocate/dismiss State's tights based on how they feel about the subject. 

If we were a monarchy I might shiver more due to his words, but I know they are just that. 

(06-02-2020, 09:49 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'm always amazed at people who don't get sarcasm.   Mellow

Not sarcasm. He clearly admitted he was unaware a curfew had been broken.