Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Bengals GameDay! (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Bengals-GameDay)
+---- Forum: GameDay Thread Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-GameDay-Thread-Archive)
+----- Forum: 2020 GameDay Threads (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-2020-GameDay-Threads)
+----- Thread: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** (/Thread-Week-7-GameDay-Thread-Browns-Bengals--25420)

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - Nicomo Cosca - 10-25-2020

(10-25-2020, 03:27 PM)pally Wrote: Andy Dalton has 33 yards in the first half..Joe over 220

Hater!

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - KillerGoose - 10-25-2020

(10-25-2020, 03:27 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: CHanges your playcalling too.  Removes the threat of the run.

While true, no one is afraid of this run attack. The Bengals run the ball 37% of the time. Especially with Mixon out, there isn’t much danger of a rushing attack. They are going to use Burrow to air it out and they weren’t trying to hide that.

They also had two timeouts left. It worked out fine.

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - kevin - 10-25-2020

I like having GREEN, BOYD, HIGGINS, SAMPLE for BURROW....When he gets rid of the ball in 3 seconds, good things happen. After 4 seconds it gets rough. Quick passes are Bengals Bread and Butter.

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - Yojimbo - 10-25-2020

(10-25-2020, 03:28 PM)GodFather Wrote: Imagine how unstoppable this Burrow led offense would be if he had a good OL protecting him? This kid is killing it with this half ass OL.

That throw was magic.

This is a no ass Oline.

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - Clark W Griswold - 10-25-2020

I agree with possibly moving Jonah to RT. However they might not be able to draft a better LT this year. Maybe a RT in the first but it has to be an OLineman. Would still love to get Sewell. I would even support trading up for him. Might be costly but he is as close to can’t miss as it gets. For a franchise LT I take that risk.

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - KillerGoose - 10-25-2020

(10-25-2020, 03:32 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I agree with possibly moving Jonah to RT. However they might not be able to draft a better LT this year. Maybe a RT in the first but it has to be an OLineman. Would still love to get Sewell. I would even support trading up for him. Might be costly but he is as close to can’t miss as it gets. For a franchise LT I take that risk.

That’d be a great scenario, Im all for it. However, the biggest weaknesses are at G. Those guys desperately need replaced. If they can get it done via FA, great. Otherwise, draft picks need to be spent there.

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - Tony - 10-25-2020

I turned on the cowboys vs Washington game just in time to hear the announcer say " Dalton checks it down again" lol lol

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - The Caped Crusader - 10-25-2020

What a dagger.

So weird seeing Olivia as Burrow's girlfriend. I worked with her for quite a while. Absolutely a sweetheart.

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 10-25-2020

I love Burrow. I like our fight. Not high on the staff, but we are improving some.

Injury situation is getting untenable. At the moment, we are down:

3 starting OL (J. Williams, Hopkins, XSF)
1 starting RB (Mixon)
1 starting TE (CJ)
2 starting CBs (Waynes, WJ3)
1 starting DE (Hubbard)

plus the coaches limiting Atkins & Dunlap.

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - Destro - 10-25-2020

(10-25-2020, 03:30 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: This is what i was talking about when referencing early Boomer in the '80s. Not a whole lot of hope at the time to compete for the playoffs, but a lot of flashes of what was to come. 

This team has much further to go but it helps when you have a QB and skill players with the potential to keep you in games. 

He just needs to survive long enough.

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - michaelsean - 10-25-2020

(10-25-2020, 03:32 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I agree with possibly moving Jonah to RT. However they might not be able to draft a better LT this year. Maybe a RT in the first but it has to be an OLineman. Would still love to get Sewell. I would even support trading up for him. Might be costly but he is as close to can’t miss as it gets. For a franchise LT I take that risk.

They may have a top five pick and I imagine Fields and Lawrence will be two of those picks.

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - Trademark - 10-25-2020

How wasn't that Boyd touchdown a touchdown?

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - kevin - 10-25-2020

Halftime Note...Too many Election Commercials now....Thank God for MUTE BUTTON on commercials.

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - Joelist - 10-25-2020

Imagine Burrow with better offensive scheme? He's this good in a badly schemed offense. Imagine him with things like:

a) Using motion and formation to disguise the play and help receivers get open.

b) Rolling blockers around in the backfield to help with blitzes - yes Burrow needs to work on blitz recognition but these empty sets make overload blitz schemes almost assured to succeed. Especially when you have one of the best pass blocking backs in football in Gio you need to actually line him up correctly - such as to the LEFT of the QB when you are getting consistently blitzed to the blind side.

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - Nicomo Cosca - 10-25-2020

Idk about trading up but if any franchise should understand what an All World LT can do its this one. And we’ve seen it twice.

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - michaelsean - 10-25-2020

(10-25-2020, 03:34 PM)Trademark Wrote: How wasn't that Boyd touchdown a touchdown?

I guess they were seeing if he controlled it before leaving the end zone.

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - jfkbengals - 10-25-2020

(10-25-2020, 03:31 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: While true, no one is afraid of this run attack. The Bengals run the ball 37% of the time. Especially with Mixon out, there isn’t much danger of a rushing attack. They are going to use Burrow to air it out and they weren’t trying to hide that.

They also had two timeouts left. It worked out fine.

It did, but I've seen enough of this coaching staff to question that outcome.  We could have ended up with the ball on the 2 or 3 and not be able to attempt run.  And we know what happened at the end of the first drive passing from the 2.  I'd rather leave time on the clock over cutting things out of the available play options.

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - bfine32 - 10-25-2020

(10-25-2020, 03:34 PM)Trademark Wrote: How wasn't that Boyd touchdown a touchdown?

It was

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - reuben.ahmed - 10-25-2020

(10-25-2020, 03:31 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: We are winning!!!! I'm so tempted to change my sig now..

It can be a weekly thing for you, if we win, best/most interesting play of the game. If we lose, worse play of the game.

Frankly, I would form a collage, as there are many good photos to be had (1 per game).

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals*** - Tony - 10-25-2020

Dalton INT hahahahahah