Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary (/Thread-Alabama-state-official-defends-Roy-Moore-citing-Joseph-and-Mary)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - Nately120 - 11-14-2017

(11-14-2017, 02:23 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Nothing to gain but these same women have pro Hillary stuff all over their social media.   They also have loads of anti trump stuff as welll.    Which all got mysteriously removed once the allegations got out.    

This makes me question some of this stuff.   Feels motivated by politics and not justice.

True, it's like they just have an agenda against Republican rapists.

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - StLucieBengal - 11-14-2017

(11-14-2017, 01:53 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This is a terrible subject and who knows what happened in the end. But it’s fair to question this last lady who is using Gloria Allred. Sorry but if I expect to be taken Seriously I’m not using this ambulance chaser

Terrible subject is horrible situation.

(11-14-2017, 01:12 PM)hollodero Wrote: No no no no no. You didn't say "horrible situation". You said, again, that it feels politically motivated and went straight to the accusers' political views. That's not saying horrible situation, that's also not a "I didn't imply anything", that's saying the accusers are not credible. Why even beat around the bush now instead of simply not bringing up that nonsense in the first place.

And here you go again, attacking the accuser's credibility because she might hold liberal views. First, deleting "that stuff" makes perfect sense, you see with your own eyes what Breitbart makes of those things. If a pro-Hillary meme of hers was to be found online, they would immediately imply all these women were political hacks and rally up the mob against them. Proof they would do that? They also do that right now. Whatever implies to the simpletons on the Breitbart board that this is all a liberal or establishment dirty trick gets a mention, and they willingly swallow it up as desired.
You wouldn't want to be exposed to that kind of scrutiny. It's tough enough for them already without the public discussing their political stances.

Second, here's the reaction basic decency demands:

Plain and simple.
How can you not bring yourself to be on the side of basic decency, even if decency probably might be called an establishment thing. You still could join bfine and others close to your side, it's not too late.
There's also nothing inherently wrong with being anti-establishment, but do you really need to get behing people who are highly suspicious of being child molesters in expressing that stance. And by all accouts, he is highly suspicious, even he himself couldn't give a clear cut defense when talking to the most friendly interviewer he could get. What he stutters on Hannity is astonishing and should be even enough for you. He "doesn't remember" if he dated underage girls? But he "usually asked permission of their mother"? I mean, come on.

You are way off base here. It’s fair to question accusers who run to Gloria Allred. Which is what I have done. You can take the rest of your grandstanding somewhere else.

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - Vlad - 11-14-2017

My how things are different now with you liberals...according to every liberal in the 1990's Bill's sexual escapades have no impact on his ability to govern.
Leave Bill alone.

Remember that y'all???

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - hollodero - 11-14-2017

(11-14-2017, 08:44 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You are way off base here.   It’s fair to question accusers who run to Gloria Allred.   Which is what I have done.    

It's pointless to not leave it at that. Sure, the women are all suspicious while Moore gets any benefit of the doubt there is, you sure left it at that and it's definitely not because your politics align with Moore's.

(11-14-2017, 08:44 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You can take the rest of your grandstanding somewhere else.

Hey, I already left you alone in the Germany thread. Don't expect too much.

(11-14-2017, 09:00 PM)Vlad Wrote: My how things are different now with you liberals...according to every liberal in the 1990's Bill's sexual escapades have no impact on his ability to govern.
Leave Bill alone.

Remember that y'all???

Was trying to have sexual encounters with underage girls on Bill's list of escapades.

I would not care if Moore had 1.000 affairs. I care deeply about child molestation though. You cannot seriously tell me you'd equate the two things.

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - Belsnickel - 11-14-2017

(11-14-2017, 09:00 PM)Vlad Wrote: My how things are different now with you liberals...according to every liberal in the 1990's Bill's sexual escapades have no impact on his ability to govern.
Leave Bill alone.

Remember that y'all???

I wasn't a liberal in the 1990's, mostly because I hadn't formed political opinions at that point, but I see Clinton's behavior as very problematic.

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - GMDino - 11-14-2017

Leave Bill alone.

Remember that y'all???

[Image: fight-web-750x500.jpg.pagespeed.ce.2B2-ZlyVKP.jpg]

What's weird is I said Clinton should have resigned due his lying.

I didn't think the BJ was as big a deal as the lying.

But hey, whatever revisionist history make y'all feel better about Trump.  

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - StLucieBengal - 11-14-2017

(11-14-2017, 09:04 PM)hollodero Wrote: It's pointless to not leave it at that. Sure, the women are all suspicious while Moore gets any benefit of the doubt there is, you sure left it at that and it's definitely not because your politics align with Moore's.

Was trying to have sexual encounters with underage girls on Bill's list of escapades.

I would not care if Moore had 1.000 affairs. I care deeply about child molestation though. You cannot seriously tell me you'd equate the two things.

No one is Getting the benefit of the doubt. Why are you trying to put words in my mouth?

Haha left me alone in the Germany thread..... look if you don’t mind letting the Germans run the show then do be it. If it wasn’t for us and the Russians you would be speaking German today.

(11-14-2017, 09:33 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I wasn't a liberal in the 1990's, mostly because I hadn't formed political opinions at that point, but I see Clinton's behavior as very problematic.

Because Clinton got a pass then.... trump got a pass and now Moore will get a pass. It’s the erosion of morality.

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - Belsnickel - 11-14-2017

(11-14-2017, 11:06 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Because Clinton got a pass then.... trump got a pass and now Moore will get a pass. It’s the erosion of morality.

I don't know if Moore will get a pass. RNC pulled support, Dem opponent polling well, potential write-in campaign being discussed that woukd split GOP vote, and even if he does win he will face an ethics investigation immediately and may be denied his seat.

The Harvey Weinstein effect has been huge.

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - hollodero - 11-15-2017

(11-14-2017, 11:04 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No one is Getting the benefit of the doubt.  Why are you trying to put words in my mouth?  

OK... let me answer that in a hopefully distinct non-grandstanding way. I do stand by my words, but letting them out unfiltered was a mistake nonetheless. But you give the impression of raising all kinds of doubts about the Moore stories. As I feel you often do, you took it a step too far, then beckpedaled it with less outstanding "I only said..." follow-ups without ever admitting you took it too far in the first place. 

In this case, you talked about pro Hillary stuff on the women's social media pages, then brought up your dissatisfaction with the women's rights attourney of the women's choice and Biden work and so on and also gave your impression this thing was politically motivated. This is, as I see it, trying to raise all doubts possible to strike a blow for Moore with means I consider, well, indecent.

And as I see it, you do that for political reasons. If the "shoe were on the other foot" I can't imagine you would react that way. I'd picture you'd open 10 threads about liberal misconduct and liberal hypocricy and liberal whatnot and Vlad would put his hilarious democRATS gig under each of them. Or something among these lines. 
But not in this case, you find no words regarding Moore's misdeeds like others including conservatives did find, and yet you do find dozens of words to raise all kinds of doubts about the women. To me that's a "Moore should get the benefit of the doubt" argument, if you feel it is not then you're free to say so, so I'd say that's just ok.

(11-14-2017, 11:04 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Haha left me alone in the Germany thread.....    look if you don’t mind letting the Germans run the show then do be it.

Well thank you. It's just you have the wrong impression about the EU and Germany's role in the EU, just objectively wrong, but it wouldn't make sense telling you so. You wouldn't believe a word I said was credible anyway.

(11-14-2017, 11:04 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If it wasn’t for us and the Russians you would be speaking German today.

Smirk --- nah, I have thousands of snarky responses, but I won't be that cheap. It's quite understandable you wouldn't know I am from Austria. If you know that, you probably get why you chose a very unfortunate way to make your point. Or say a funny one.
As for the point, freeing Europe from the Nazis was one of the finest things the US or anyone has ever done. Good call. It doesn't have much to do with the current situation though. Over 70 years have passed and the world has changed significantly.

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - StLucieBengal - 11-15-2017

(11-14-2017, 11:53 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I don't know if Moore will get a pass. RNC pulled support, Dem opponent polling well, potential write-in campaign being discussed that woukd split GOP vote, and even if he does win he will face an ethics investigation immediately and may be denied his seat.

The Harvey Weinstein effect has been huge.

It’s alabama. The democrat won’t win. They don’t need funding. The Alabama GOP is still funding him.

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - StLucieBengal - 11-15-2017

(11-15-2017, 12:14 AM)hollodero Wrote: OK... let me answer that in a hopefully distinct non-grandstanding way. I do stand by my words, but letting them out unfiltered was a mistake nonetheless. But you give the impression of raising all kinds of doubts about the Moore stories. As I feel you often do, you took it a step too far, then beckpedaled it with less outstanding "I only said..." follow-ups without ever admitting you took it too far in the first place. 

In this case, you talked about pro Hillary stuff on the women's social media pages, then brought up your dissatisfaction with the women's rights attourney of the women's choice and Biden work and so on and also gave your impression this thing was politically motivated. This is, as I see it, trying to raise all doubts possible to strike a blow for Moore with means I consider, well, indecent.

And as I see it, you do that for political reasons. If the "shoe were on the other foot" I can't imagine you would react that way. I'd picture you'd open 10 threads about liberal misconduct and liberal hypocricy and liberal whatnot and Vlad would put his hilarious democRATS gig under each of them. Or something among these lines. 
But not in this case, you find no words regarding Moore's misdeeds like others including conservatives did find, and yet you do find dozens of words to raise all kinds of doubts about the women. To me that's a "Moore should get the benefit of the doubt" argument, if you feel it is not then you're free to say so, so I'd say that's just ok.

Well thank you. It's just you have the wrong impression about the EU and Germany's role in the EU, just objectively wrong, but it wouldn't make sense telling you so. You wouldn't believe a word I said was credible anyway.

Smirk --- nah, I have thousands of snarky responses, but I won't be that cheap. It's quite understandable you wouldn't know I am from Austria. If you know that, you probably get why you chose a very unfortunate way to make your point. Or say a funny one.
As for the point, freeing Europe from the Nazis was one of the finest things the US or anyone has ever done. Good call. It doesn't have much to do with the current situation though. Over 70 years have passed and the world has changed significantly.

The fact you are Austrian and are ok with giving germany more power over Europe and an army to control is quite telling. Germans with power isn’t good

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - RICHMONDBENGAL_07 - 11-15-2017

(11-14-2017, 09:04 PM)hollodero Wrote: It's pointless to not leave it at that. Sure, the women are all suspicious while Moore gets any benefit of the doubt there is, you sure left it at that and it's definitely not because your politics align with Moore's.

(11-14-2017, 11:04 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No one is Getting the benefit of the doubt.  Why are you trying to put words in my mouth?  

Haha left me alone in the Germany thread.....    look if you don’t mind letting the Germans run the show then do be it.   If it wasn’t for us and the Russians you would be speaking German today.

Am I missing something?  But I thought Austrians spoke German.  

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - GMDino - 11-15-2017

(11-15-2017, 03:51 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Am I missing something?  But I thought Austrians spoke German.  

[Image: 302-Animal-House-quotes.gif]

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - BmorePat87 - 11-15-2017

(11-14-2017, 11:04 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote:  If it wasn’t for us and the Russians you would be speaking German today.

Ummmm...

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - michaelsean - 11-15-2017

(11-15-2017, 03:51 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Am I missing something?  But I thought Austrians spoke German.  

Well in all fairness, Barack alluded to an Austrian language.

Yeah I mixed him up with the other guy.

Either way, Austrians are used to bowing to Germans anyway so my larger point still sticks .

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - michaelsean - 11-15-2017

Not until he started hanging with Jeffrey Epstein.   Ninja

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - Belsnickel - 11-15-2017

(11-15-2017, 02:36 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It’s alabama. The democrat won’t win. They don’t need funding. The Alabama GOP is still funding him.

If the GOP decides to run a write-in campaign, it could split the Republican vote which would likely result in a Democrat win.

RE: Alabama state official defends Roy Moore, citing Joseph and Mary - Belsnickel - 11-15-2017

(11-15-2017, 10:09 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah I mixed him up with the other guy.

Either way, Austrians are used to bowing to Germans anyway so my larger point still sticks .

Eh, the reality is much more complex. This is a very American way of looking at the history of the European continent.