Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Ohio Weed Vote - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Ohio Weed Vote (/Thread-Ohio-Weed-Vote)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Ohio Weed Vote - Johnny Cupcakes - 10-29-2015

I'll pass on grass.

Just kidding, passing on grass is for squares.

But I will pass on issue 3 and continue doing it illegally, yet morally, rather than sacrificing principle to legalize it at first opportunity. It'll happen soon, and we don't have to settle for the first shitty proposal.

RE: Ohio Weed Vote - treee - 10-29-2015

(10-29-2015, 12:56 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I'll pass on grass.

Just kidding, passing on grass is for squares.

But I will pass on issue 3 and continue doing it illegally, yet morally, rather than sacrificing principle to legalize it at first opportunity.  It'll happen soon, and we don't have to settle for the first shitty proposal.

You hit the nail on the head man.

RE: Ohio Weed Vote - michaelsean - 10-29-2015

If we limited corn to ten grow sites people would think it's the most ridiculous proposal in the world, but since it's something that is currently illegal and people really want it legal, they are willing to overlook the absurdity of it. And they don't want to risk the issue not coming up again.

RE: Ohio Weed Vote - WhoDeyWho - 10-29-2015

(10-29-2015, 09:36 AM)michaelsean Wrote: If we limited corn to ten grow sites people would think it's the most ridiculous proposal in the world, but since it's something that is currently illegal and people really want it legal, they are willing to overlook the absurdity of it.  And they don't want to risk the issue not coming up again.

It's absurd that a plant is illegal to begin with.  Neither corn or pot should be "limited" but that's the world we currently live in.  

RE: Ohio Weed Vote - bfine32 - 10-29-2015

(10-29-2015, 09:50 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: It's absurd that a plant is illegal to begin with.  Neither corn or pot should be "limited" but that's the world we currently live in.  

What is your view on the Opium Poppy?

WTS, I'm all for legalization; however, I'm just not prepared to compare marijuana to corn yet.

RE: Ohio Weed Vote - SteelCitySouth - 10-29-2015

(10-29-2015, 10:05 AM)bfine32 Wrote: What is your view on the Opium Poppy?

WTS, I'm all for legalization; however, I'm just not prepared to compare marijuana to corn yet.

I agree with you that you can't compare pot with corn.  As well it should be regulated like alcohol and tobacco.  That being said it is equally absurd to treat it in the same fashion as heroin, which is the current situation. 

RE: Ohio Weed Vote - XenoMorph - 10-29-2015

(10-29-2015, 09:36 AM)michaelsean Wrote: If we limited corn to ten grow sites people would think it's the most ridiculous proposal in the world, but since it's something that is currently illegal and people really want it legal, they are willing to overlook the absurdity of it. And they don't want to risk the issue not coming up again.

corn imo is a filler food to feed the masses cheap... it doesnt do you much good in normal form and when processed to HFCS its horrible for you and thats in everything.

just say no to corn

RE: Ohio Weed Vote - RICHMONDBENGAL_07 - 10-29-2015

(10-29-2015, 10:28 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: I agree with you that you can't compare pot with corn.  As well it should be regulated like alcohol and tobacco.  That being said it is equally absurd to treat it in the same fashion as heroin, which is the current situation. 

Excellent point.

RE: Ohio Weed Vote - Brownshoe - 10-29-2015

I'm voting yes on 3. It would be a lot easier to take the oligopoly out than it would be to put legalized marijuana in. It being an oligopoly will only effect a few people. Not a lot of people would have the means to mass grow marijuana anyways. Making it legal will be more beneficial to the majority of people due to taxes and no risk of jail time than it would be detrimental to the few that wouldn't be able to mass produce it.

RE: Ohio Weed Vote - michaelsean - 10-30-2015

(10-29-2015, 05:51 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I'm voting yes on 3. It would be a lot easier to take the oligopoly out than it would be to put legalized marijuana in. It being an oligopoly will only effect a few people. Not a lot of people would have the means to mass grow marijuana anyways. Making it legal will be more beneficial to the majority of people due to taxes and no risk of jail time than it would be detrimental to the few that wouldn't be able to mass produce it.

But lots of farmers could set aside some land to grow it.  I'm sure half an acre just during the growing season could bring in a lot of money.

RE: Ohio Weed Vote - WhoDeyWho - 10-30-2015

(10-30-2015, 09:37 AM)michaelsean Wrote: But lots of farmers could set aside some land to grow it.  I'm sure half an acre just during the growing season could bring in a lot of money.

But if it doesn't pass, no farmers will be able to grow it, no people who would benefit from it medically would be able to use it, and people who use it recreationally will still be considered criminals.  

(10-29-2015, 05:51 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I'm voting yes on 3. It would be a lot easier to take the oligopoly out than it would be to put legalized marijuana in. It being an oligopoly will only effect a few people. Not a lot of people would have the means to mass grow marijuana anyways. Making it legal will be more beneficial to the majority of people due to taxes and no risk of jail time than it would be detrimental to the few that wouldn't be able to mass produce it.

My guess is if it passed and the sky didn't fall because of weed being made legal, the agriculture lobby would fight to get the law changed so that they can get in on it too.  In the meantime, weed is legal and the state of Ohio could reap the financial benefits before other midwestern states wised up and did the same.

(10-30-2015, 09:57 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: But if it doesn't pass, no farmers will be able to grow it, no people who would benefit from it medically would be able to use it, and people who use it recreationally will still be considered criminals.  

So do it better.  Get an issue thats goal is legalizing marijuana, and not making a few people extremely rich.

(10-30-2015, 10:00 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: My guess is if it passed and the sky didn't fall because of weed being made legal, the agriculture lobby would fight to get the law changed so that they can get in on it too.  In the meantime, weed is legal and the state of Ohio could reap the financial benefits before other midwestern states wised up and did the same.

They can't just change the law, it's an amendment to the constitution.  

(10-30-2015, 10:33 AM)michaelsean Wrote: So do it better.  Get an issue thats goal is legalizing marijuana, and not making a few people extremely rich.

From my understanding, no other group has been able to even get it to a vote.  So that alternative doesn't seem all that practical.

That said, legal weed would provide anybody who would open a dispensary the opportunity to make a lot of money.  Liquor stores aren't producing the product they sale, and they seem to manage.  

RE: Ohio Weed Vote - XenoMorph - 10-30-2015

(10-30-2015, 10:33 AM)michaelsean Wrote: So do it better.  Get an issue thats goal is legalizing marijuana, and not making a few people extremely rich.

Only a few people would get rich anyways. you can grow your own plants if 3 passes so you dont even have to supply those people with any money if you choose not to.

Plus who knows how long it will take to get it on the ballet again.

(10-30-2015, 10:36 AM)michaelsean Wrote: They can't just change the law, it's an amendment to the constitution.  

isnt an amendment to the consititution a change to the consitution which is the law?

Definintion: a change or addition to a legal or statutory document.

(10-30-2015, 10:37 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Only a few people would get rich anyways.  you can grow your own plants if 3 passes so you dont even have to supply those people with any money if you choose not to.

Plus who knows how long it will take to get it on the ballet again.

That's kind of how I see it.  Open a store that will serve the home-growing market.  

I'd probably just grow my own.  

(10-30-2015, 10:41 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: That's kind of how I see it.  Open a store that will serve the home-growing market.  

I'd probably just grow my own.  

or start a shop that sells growing supplies.

(10-30-2015, 10:43 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: or start a shop that sells growing supplies.

That's what I meant.  Legal weed would open a lot of business opportunities.  I think some people are missing the forest for the trees on this issue.  (Pun intended).