Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Proof of evolution that you can find on your body - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Proof of evolution that you can find on your body (/Thread-Proof-of-evolution-that-you-can-find-on-your-body)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Proof of evolution that you can find on your body - Sovereign Nation - 03-20-2016

(03-20-2016, 07:55 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Contrary to popular belief evolution and religion (specifically Christianity) can coexist. Very easily at the micro-evolution level, but admittedly not as smoothly at the macro level. It's very reasonable to think we were created to be able to adapt to our surroundings.

The big bang also fits pretty well into the biblical creation story; if you apply Einsteins theory of relativity.

This ^^^^^

RE: Proof of evolution that you can find on your body - bfine32 - 03-20-2016

(03-20-2016, 07:55 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Contrary to popular belief evolution and religion (specifically Christianity) can coexist. Very easily at the micro-evolution level, but admittedly not as smoothly at the macro level. It's very reasonable to think we were created to be able to adapt to our surroundings.

The big bang also fits pretty well into the biblical creation story; if you apply Einsteins theory of relativity.

We've been down this rabbit hole many times. Do i believe God created the Universe and everything in it? Yes. Do I believe he did it in 6 24 hour days? No. We have no concept of what he considered a day. Hell we could still be in the 7th day. 

RE: Proof of evolution that you can find on your body - NATI BENGALS - 03-20-2016

(03-20-2016, 05:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you are saying a smarter species of man made extinct a directional eared species of man; Not that man evolved out of directional ears?

I know now days it is not as true in the human race. But it is still pretty clear in nature , have you ever heard of survival of the fittest? Believe it or not we were all not once civilzed church goin folk that would never harm another person.

RE: Proof of evolution that you can find on your body - fredtoast - 03-20-2016

(03-20-2016, 07:56 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: I do believe in freedom of association. 

How grand of you.  Let's just see how you define "freedom of association.
(03-20-2016, 07:56 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote:  If a white person such as yourself wants to live in a all black neighborhood, I wouldn't stop them from doing so.  

White person gets what he wants?  Check.

(03-20-2016, 07:56 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote:  Likewise, if a neighborhood of all whites, didn't want a black family to move in, they should be respected and no black should move in.  

White people still get what they want?  Check.

So basically you believe in freedom of association, but just for white people.

(03-20-2016, 08:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  We have no concept of what he considered a day. Hell we could still be in the 7th day. 

Then how do you know how to "Honor the Sabbath and keep it Holy"?

Doesn't that commandment pretty much require that you know exactly what he means by "a day"?

(03-20-2016, 08:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then how do you know how to "Honor the Sabbath and keep it Holy"?

Doesn't that commandment pretty much require that you know exactly what he means by "a day"?

Unless we are living in the sabbath and should keep it holy all  the time. 

(03-20-2016, 08:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Unless we are living in the sabbath and should keep it holy all  the time. 

Either way you would think that if god gave you rules to follow he wouod explain them enough so that you could follow them properly.

(03-20-2016, 09:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Either way you would think that if god gave you rules to follow he wouod explain them enough so that you could follow them properly.

The Bible is not a textbook. One reads it and gets something different that the next person that reads it, That is why faith is important and why your relationship with God is a personalone. I  get that some folks think they are too smart for faith. 

RE: Proof of evolution that you can find on your body - GMDino - 03-20-2016

(03-20-2016, 09:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The Bible is not a textbook. One reads it and gets something different that the next person that reads it, That is why faith is important and why your relationship with God is a personalone. I  get that some folks think they are too smart for faith. 

*snark*

And some people want to ignore facts because it goes against what they "believe".

I am all for people having their own, personal beliefs.  I have mine too.

I also acknowledge that I can't prove them so I don't try and argue that I  am right and other people just "think they are too smart".

RE: Proof of evolution that you can find on your body - Nately120 - 03-20-2016

(03-20-2016, 07:56 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Actually, I think I said, that white people should be free to choose for themselves who they want to associate with.

I do think there should be a place for white people.

Africa for the Africans.

Asia for the Asians...

Middle East for the Middle Easterns.

Europe for everybody!

I do believe in freedom of association.  If a white person such as yourself wants to live in a all black neighborhood, I wouldn't stop them from doing so.  Likewise, if a neighborhood of all whites, didn't want a black family to move in, they should be respected and no black should move in.  I believe blacks should have the same things available if they want as well.

Is it really that simple?  You see someone who is white and think "Well, this guy obviously will be easy to live with!" because I'd imagine the vast majority of people on this board are white and you don't seem to like many of us.

ZING!

RE: Proof of evolution that you can find on your body - Beaker - 03-21-2016

(03-20-2016, 07:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But Fred and others say it is. Basically the brain cannot handle ear movement and math. 

No...YOU say it is. The video showed how there are muscles that allow us to move our ears. Those muscles are reminiscent of the same muscles that move the ears of other mammals. Nowhere was hearing acuity....or lack of it...mentioned. Again, thats the age old creationist trick....take a fact like vestigal ear muscles, and twist it to make the false claim of something else, like hearing loss.

RE: Proof of evolution that you can find on your body - Beaker - 03-21-2016

(03-20-2016, 09:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The Bible is not a textbook. One reads it and gets something different that the next person that reads it, That is why faith is important and why your relationship with God is a personal one. I  get that some folks think they are too smart for faith. 

So nobody knows what the bible is really saying because its interpreted differently by everyone?

The whole thing is a cop out by religious people who paint themselves into a corner, then when logic gets applied come up with these excuses to give them a way to weasel out of the obvious inconsistency. The whole "we don't know how long a day is in god's time" only came about when the logic of that happening within 7 24 hour periods was obviously wrong. If god wanted people to understand and follow his word literally, then it should have been written in literal terms that could be easily understood and followed. The fact that people claim it was written by man, but they were the vessel of god should account for this even more strongly.

RE: Proof of evolution that you can find on your body - michaelsean - 03-21-2016

(03-20-2016, 07:45 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: You can't answer it because you don't actually have an answer.  It is OK.  I have done my own research.  Just have a different conclusion than you do.

You repeating that we are doesn't make it true, you know? 

Sure the theory is accepted, but it is still just a theory and not proven.

Yes there is an answer.  Unnecessary stuff isn't necessarily weeded out if it doesn't interfere.  If it's not in the way then those born with it don't have a disadvantage and  it remains.  

RE: Proof of evolution that you can find on your body - bfine32 - 03-21-2016

(03-21-2016, 11:33 AM)Beaker Wrote: No...YOU say it is. The video showed how there are muscles that allow us to move our ears. Those muscles are reminiscent of the same muscles that move the ears of other mammals. Nowhere was hearing acuity....or lack of it...mentioned. Again, thats the age old creationist trick....take a fact like vestigal ear muscles, and twist it to make the false claim of something else, like hearing loss.

Actually the video pointed to the advantages of directional hearing and suggested we used to have it. Dang me and my creationist trick.

(03-21-2016, 11:41 AM)Beaker Wrote: So nobody knows what the bible is really saying because its interpreted differently by everyone?

The whole thing is a cop out by religious people who paint themselves into a corner, then when logic gets applied come up with these excuses to give them a way to weasel out of the obvious inconsistency. The whole "we don't know how long a day is in god's time" only came about when the logic of that happening within 7 24 hour periods was obviously wrong. If god wanted people to understand and follow his word literally, then it should have been written in literal terms that could be easily understood and followed. The fact that people claim it was written by man, but they were the vessel of god should account for this even more strongly.

Each individual understands the bible differently. One can only be led to the Lord; it is up to that individual as to the relationship he or she establishes. There are those that try to explain the Bible and others that try to ridicule it. I guess it depends on your motivation. Good luck with your beliefs; I'll hold fast to mine. If your beliefs are true neither of us will ever know. If mine are true hopefully one of us will ever know unless you see the light before it is too late.

RE: Proof of evolution that you can find on your body - GMDino - 03-21-2016

(03-21-2016, 12:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Actually the video pointed to the advantages of directional hearing and suggested we used to have it. Dang me and my creationist trick.

Which is not to say we don't have an advantage with the way our ears are now.

But its easier to be snarky than deal with the issue at hand.  We get it.

RE: Proof of evolution that you can find on your body - Nately120 - 03-21-2016

(03-21-2016, 12:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If mine are true hopefully one of us will ever know unless you see the light before it is too late.

I'm just hedging my bets by placing all 4,000 or so gods humans have devised on the same level.  Picking 1 out of 4,000 just doesn't seem like a safe enough bet to me.

(03-21-2016, 12:14 PM)GMDino Wrote: Which is not to say we don't have an advantage with the way our ears are now.

But its easier to be snarky than deal with the issue at hand.  We get it.

How about the guy I replied to; You didn't find any snark or belittlement in that post? Or are you just concerned/condeming with my posting style?

RE: Proof of evolution that you can find on your body - GMDino - 03-21-2016

(03-21-2016, 12:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm just hedging my bets by placing all 4,000 or so gods humans have devised on the same level.  Picking 1 out of 4,000 just doesn't seem like a safe enough bet to me.

That's because you don't "believe".  Or your faith isn't strong enough to block out all the wrong gods.

(03-21-2016, 12:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm just hedging my bets by placing all 4,000 or so gods humans have devised on the same level.  Picking 1 out of 4,000 just doesn't seem like a safe enough bet to me.

God luck with that. I don't think you will be punished simply for believing in the wrong deity. Might not ever see heaven, but who knows, I could be wrong?