Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
POTUS cancels meeting with Phillippine President - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: POTUS cancels meeting with Phillippine President (/Thread-POTUS-cancels-meeting-with-Phillippine-President)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: POTUS cancels meeting with Phillippine President - Belsnickel - 09-08-2016

(09-08-2016, 02:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Now, I'll stand by and wait for others to say it was a mistake to have the meeting.

I think it was a mistake. I think we should have had Kerry or somebody else talk to him, or someone else in his government. This was our government letting Duterte save face, and I don't think they should have done it.

RE: POTUS cancels meeting with Phillippine President - bfine32 - 09-08-2016

(09-08-2016, 09:18 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Who calls him Barnie/Barney? The same people that call him O'Bummer? At least those people know that their asinine nickname is so juvenile that no independent thinkers are going to take them seriously. 

Do you think anyone who consistently calls Trump "Drumph" (or whatever that dumb ass German name they use is) is approaching him with rationality?

Seriously just called him Barney cause I had seen it recently and was what I felt like typing at the time. I would like to see links to support the accusation that I constantly call him anything derogitory or else you're just making stuff up.

Let me guess: You consider yourself the "independent thinker" in this scenario.

BTW, how is calling him Barnie a slight?

(09-08-2016, 02:08 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I think it was a mistake. I think we should have had Kerry or somebody else talk to him, or someone else in his government. This was our government letting Duterte save face, and I don't think they should have done it.

Welp, Mr President saw it the way that i did and not the way most liberals in the forum did. Go figure.

RE: POTUS cancels meeting with Phillippine President - Belsnickel - 09-08-2016

(09-08-2016, 02:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Welp, Mr President saw it the way that i did and not the way most liberals in the forum did. Go figure.

This is why the POTUS has a room full of foreign affairs advisors around. So when people in office with an attitude like mine try to be petty they are talked out of it. Not saying that is what happened here, but that is what would happen if he had thought like me. What's best for the nations and all of that.

RE: POTUS cancels meeting with Phillippine President - BmorePat87 - 09-08-2016

(09-08-2016, 02:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seriously just called him Barney cause I had seen it recently and was what I felt like typing at the time. I would like to see links to support the accusation that I constantly call him anything derogitory or else you're just making stuff up.

Well, you called him Barnie 2 out of the 3 posts you made about him at the time I responded to you. I would say that supports me saying "keep calling him Barnie". 

I could quote those if you want.

Quote:Let me guess: You consider yourself the "independent thinker" in this scenario.

Well, I am registered Independent and I don't get my panties in a bunch defending one party and attacking another, so sure. 

Quote:BTW, how is calling him Barnie a slight?

Well...

(01-04-2016, 11:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Answering a question with a question is rude. 

But seriously, I called it an asinine nickname, not a slight. 

(09-08-2016, 02:46 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Well, you called him Barnie 2 out of the 3 posts you made about him at the time I responded to you. I would say that supports me saying "keep calling him Barnie". 

I could quote those if you want.

Well, I am registered Independent and I don't get my panties in a bunch defending one party and attacking another, so sure. 

Well...

But seriously, I called it an asinine nickname, not a slight. 

So you can link 2 times. I had no idea a stupid (asinine) nickname (not meant as a slight) would have such an effect on an Independent thinker. My apologies.

RE: POTUS cancels meeting with Phillippine President - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 09-08-2016

(09-08-2016, 03:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you can link 2 times. I had no idea a stupid (asinine) nickname (not meant as a slight) would have such an effect on an Independent thinker. My apologies.

You've hijacked your own thread. Tell us again how your t-shirt slogan goes. Something about a message and the messenger. 

(09-08-2016, 03:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you can link 2 times. I had no idea a stupid (asinine) nickname (not meant as a slight) would have such an effect on an Independent thinker. My apologies.

You don't have to apologize about not being objective, just own it. 

(09-08-2016, 05:08 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You don't have to apologize about not being objective, just own it. 

No I apologized because apparently a nickname caused an Independent thinker to focus on it instead of the issue. Similar when trying to instruct a child while displaying a shiny thing; they cannot focus on the lesson.

So I apologize for not setting a better learning environment and allowing you to be distracted by the shiny thing.

RE: POTUS cancels meeting with Phillippine President - Vas Deferens - 09-08-2016

Could have sworn I got scolded the other day about how everyone is being 'constructive' since my paid administrative leave.

(09-08-2016, 05:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No I apologized because apparently a nickname caused an Independent thinker to focus on it instead of the issue. Similar when trying to instruct a child while displaying a shiny thing; they cannot focus on the lesson.

So I apologize for not setting a better learning environment and allowing you to be distracted by the shiny thing.

This post would have been more effective if I didn't respond to your topic 3 hours before then commenting on how calling him "Barnie" makes you look like you're incapable of being objective.

I guess you were distracted by my "shiny" post and weren't able to see the first one... 

You might want to apologize to yourself for not setting a better learning environment or something... Sorry, I'm not as experienced at being condescending as you are, but I do know that it's a good idea to NOT be a condescending ass by saying something that turns out to be more applicable to yourself than the person you were trying to be condescending to.

(09-08-2016, 05:42 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You might want to apologize to yourself for not setting a better learning environment or something... Sorry, I'm not as experienced at being condescending as you are, but I do know that it's a good idea to NOT be a condescending ass by saying something that turns out to be more applicable to yourself than the person you were trying to be condescending to.

This could quite possibly be the most contradictory post in the short history of this forum.

(09-08-2016, 05:34 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Could have sworn I got scolded the other day about how everyone is being 'constructive' since my paid administrative leave.

Oh and rightly so. Although Pat has been distracted in this thread about the use of the word Barnie; while ignoring the gist of the discussion; he has brought more substance to a few threads. We'll get him back on the right track if we unite instead of divide. 

(09-08-2016, 06:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This could quite possibly be the most contradictory post in the short history of this forum.

Yea, I didn't think you'd have an actual response to me pointing out that I addressed your thread long before I commented on your asinine behavior in it. 

I'm ready to get back on topic whenever the original poster is.

(09-08-2016, 02:08 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I think it was a mistake. I think we should have had Kerry or somebody else talk to him, or someone else in his government. This was our government letting Duterte save face, and I don't think they should have done it.

Egh, I wouldn't read too much into it. He shouldn't have not gone to the event because of it. What is he going to do when he's in the same room as him, not be pleasant? It's not like he went out of his way and it's not like it was a meeting. 

The Philippines  is making more out of it than it really was. 

RE: POTUS cancels meeting with Phillippine President - Mike M (the other one) - 09-09-2016

(09-07-2016, 02:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So what is your source of knowledge other than media?

How many trials have they had so far for any alleged drug dealers or corrupt officials?  Considering how many have been killed I am sure a lot more have gone to trial, correct?

How do you explain these items

The director general of the Philippine National Police (PNP), Ronald dela Rosa, told a Senate hearing on Aug. 22 that 712 people had been killed in police operations in the seven weeks since the crackdown began, and that another 1,067 had died at the hands of vigilantes.

When he was President-elect, Duterte offered medals and cash rewards for citizens that shot dealers dead.

“Do your duty, and if in the process you kill 1,000 persons because you were doing your duty, I will protect you,” he told police officers on July 1, the day after his inauguration. 

“If you know of any addicts, go ahead and kill them yourself as getting their parents to do it would be too painful,” he was quoted as saying to another crowd that day.

"I don’t care about human rights, believe me,” he says.“

“There is no due process in my mouth,” the President [/url]said on Aug. 7.  That night, he named 159 judges, public officials, and even police officers, whom he claimed were involved in the country’s narcotics trade. He ordered that the policemen on the list be immediately dismissed, the politicians have their government-assigned security details revoked, and the judges to report to the Supreme Court within 24 hours.  In the manner of a dictator, he chose to do this on live national television, naming one high-profile individual after another without providing any evidence. 
The list itself is also full of mistakes. The country’s Chief Justice, Maria Lourdes Sereno, pointed out [url=http://www.philstar.com/news-feature/2016/08/09/1611623/full-text-chief-justice-sereno-letter-president-duterte]in an open letter to Duterte
 that only four of the seven judges named were still on the bench. One of them was dismissed in 2007, and another died eight years ago. When she instructed that nobody named should surrender unless an appropriate arrest warrant had been issued, Duterte said that she “must be joking,” and threatened to withdraw all executive support from her.

I have a lot of Family and Friends over there. They keep me abreast about a lot of what is going on. Along with Filipino Media sources.
Edit: just in case you ask, 1 friend if mine is a Chief of Police's right hand man, and in my wife's family we also have 3 Officers.

Have some mistakes been made? Yes, but the people are turning in crooked people and in turn those are turning in their bosses.

The Media is completely mis-representing this problem.
First, about 700 have been killed from the Police Operations.
about another 1,000 is gang on gang action where they are killing off rats,
the remainder of the deaths aren't even drug or police related, but you know the media will report them as such.

In 2 months, almost 600k people have also surrendered and overall crime has dropped by 50%.

If you surrender, you get the benefit of the doubt to clear your name in court.

Now, back to the OP, the reporter intentionally flubbed it up, D30 did not call Obama an SOB, he called the Reporter an SOB, but that's not how he reported it.

Many people are pissed at this reporter's incorrect translation.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-08/rodrigo-duterte-was-directing-comment-at-reporters-not-obama/7828078

RE: POTUS cancels meeting with Phillippine President - Mike M (the other one) - 09-09-2016

(09-07-2016, 10:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You have no clue what is going on.  Neither the crime rate nor the drug use in thre Philippines is that high.  IN fact they have much lower crime rates than the UNited States

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/Philippines/United-States/Crime

Duerte is just using fear mongering to justify his murderous "cleansing".

Hahaha omg, your mistake is believing that every crime is reported.

Go live there for a while.
The people do not go to the Police because they have no idea who is and who isn't corrupt in the police (which is why D30 is so popular, he's restoring the trust in the police).

I've been to several big cities in the US and never have I seen:

knife fights in the middle of the street.

Kids run up along the side of a Jeepney and yank your jewelry off your neck/ear etc or anything else they can get their hands on that they can trade for money.

The homeless kids over there don't smoke cannibus, they sniff glue to dull the hunger pains.

This is not even including the volume of people that are homeless, I'm not talking solo crazies that are homeless by choice, I'm talking entire families (mom, dad, grandma's/grandpa's, and several kids) living/sleeping on the streets.

I have seen pick pocketing in big crowds. Kids are always hanging around inside/outside of the big malls looking for targets. I always wear cargo pants that have buttons/zippers on all pockets, not only that, but I carry a "fake" wallet in my back pocket (it's real cheap wallet, but the credit cards are fake and there's always a little bit of money in it) in case anyone tries to rob me, I can just give it to them and go.

hell in Manila it's hard to get more than 3-4 blocks with out someone begging (I'm white, so I'm extra targeted).

Not all people are bad though, but you definitely have to keep your guard up over there vs over here.

RE: POTUS cancels meeting with Phillippine President - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 09-09-2016

(09-08-2016, 02:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seriously just called him Barney cause I had seen it recently and was what I felt like typing at the time. I would like to see links to support the accusation that I constantly call him anything derogitory or else you're just making stuff up.

Let me guess: You consider yourself the "independent thinker" in this scenario.

BTW, how is calling him Barnie a slight?

How?  Context and intent. For a veteran upset Colin Kapernick was disrespectful by sitting during the National Anthem, you have a "peculiar" way of expressing "respect" toward the CinC. However, now you're just insulting your own "intelligence" because your "premise" requires us to believe you're not intelligent enough to understand name calling is a "slight."

Really?  Barnie.