Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The GOP really loves their women - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: The GOP really loves their women (/Thread-The-GOP-really-loves-their-women)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: The GOP really loves their women - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 01-08-2017

(01-08-2017, 05:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you're an advocate of the government knows what is best for you principle.

"If we don't give you something; you're going to act the fool. So here's some free stuff."

I guess I just fall on the side of individual responsibility and think it would be incumbent on the individual to make the right decisions. 

Others think the government should make these decisions for you. What happened to her body, her choice? 

They still have to choose to use contraception.  Planned Parenthood provides free condoms as well.  So why aren't you bitching about his body, his choice?  And as I have already pointed out and you chose to ignore, simply switching to a less expensive and efficacious birth control method will result in an increase in unintended pregnancies even among married couples using contraception responsibly.

The reasons for unintended pregnancies are multi-factorial.  No one is suggesting people will be less responsible except you.

RE: The GOP really loves their women - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 01-08-2017

(01-08-2017, 05:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As I said: I'm more of an advocate of individual responsibility. A condom costs about a quarter. If you cannot afford that you may not want to participate in an activity that could lead to another mouth to feed.

OMG!!! You're suggesting all these unintended pregnancies are because women aren't responsible!!! I won't make that assumption from atop my high horse.

RE: The GOP really loves their women - bfine32 - 01-08-2017

(01-08-2017, 06:49 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: They still have to choose to use contraception.  Planned Parenthood provides free condoms as well.  So why aren't you bitching about his body, his choice?  

I'm not bitching about anything; as I'm OK with what the article in the OP suggests. Perhaps (and I'm just spitballing here)  those that are not are the ones bitching. And who ever heard of his body, his choice

And as I have already pointed out and you chose to ignore, simply switching to a less expensive and efficacious birth control method will result in an increase in unintended pregnancies even among married couples using contraception responsibly.

So your answer is: Not only provide them with free contraception, but give them the good stuff. I don't think abstinence costs that much.

The reasons for unintended pregnancies are multi-factorial.  No one is suggesting people will be less responsible except you.

I merely asked how taking away free contraception would cost money; perhaps those that suggest it will are suggesting something. 

(01-08-2017, 06:51 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: OMG!!! You're suggesting all these unintended pregnancies are because women aren't responsible!!! I won't make that assumption from atop my high horse.

I haven't even brought up unintended pregnancies; much less who is responsible for them. I do believe folks are suggesting that the taxpayer is responsible for them if they don't want their tax money going for free condoms.

RE: The GOP really loves their women - GMDino - 01-08-2017

Honest question looking for an honest answer from all of you:

When you hear "Unwanted pregnancy" or "unintended pregnancy" who do you picture in your mind first?

RE: The GOP really loves their women - Belsnickel - 01-08-2017

(01-08-2017, 07:18 PM)GMDino Wrote: Honest question looking for an honest answer from all of you:

When you hear "Unwanted pregnancy" or "unintended pregnancy" who do you picture in your mind first?

In truth, I envision several folks I grew up with that went through all that, but apart from those specific folks I think more about a particular area of the city I live in. The closest place an uninsured person has to go to for reproductive health care in my city is a Planned Parenthood an hour away. Though, that will likely change to be two-hours away, soon. Anyway, the result is the common occurrence if such things.

(01-08-2017, 07:18 PM)GMDino Wrote: Honest question looking for an honest answer from all of you:

The child.

RE: The GOP really loves their women - Benton - 01-08-2017

(01-08-2017, 07:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I haven't even brought up unintended pregnancies; much less who is responsible for them. I do believe folks are suggesting that the taxpayer is responsible for them if they don't want their tax money going for free condoms.
I'm not responsible for my neighbors dog when it knocks over my garbage. But I still have to deal with the end result.
I'm not responsible for the drivers who get into wrecks and make my insurance company raise deductibles across the board. But I still have to deal with the end result.

if a dollar or two of my tax money goes to buy condoms or the pill... And it helps prevent a larger chunk of my income going to pay for medical costs or state rearing of an unwanted pregnancy... Then go for it. That addresses the problem. Just telling people not to do it hasn't been effective in curbing drug abuse, crime or corruption.

RE: The GOP really loves their women - Rotobeast - 01-08-2017

I'll be 100% honest.....
The woman, but as a party-girl that cannot keep her legs together.

Yes, I'm terrible.

(01-08-2017, 08:57 PM)Benton Wrote: I'm not responsible for my neighbors dog when it knocks over my garbage. But I still have to deal with the end result.
I'm not responsible for the drivers who get into wrecks and make my insurance company raise deductibles across the board. But I still have to deal with the end result.

if a dollar or two of my tax money goes to buy condoms or the pill... And it helps prevent a larger chunk of my income going to pay for medical costs or state rearing of an unwanted pregnancy... Then go for it. That addresses the problem. Just telling people not to do it hasn't been effective in curbing drug abuse, crime or corruption.

So you're equating those that use free birth control to dogs?

(01-08-2017, 09:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you're equating those that use free birth control to dogs?

Mellow

[Image: giphy.gif]

(01-08-2017, 09:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

So if I would have said he is suggesting they are irresponsible such as a dog that knocks over the trash can or the wreckless driver that causes insurance rates to go up, then we could have nice things?

RE: The GOP really loves their women - NATI BENGALS - 01-08-2017

Just gonna throw this grenade in here.
Less abortions means more parents like this to adopt the unwanted kids.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/grace-packer-sara-packer-jacob-sullivan-mom-boyfriend-charged-pennsylvania-dismemberment-teen/

Sure there are shitty parents both biological and adopted. But i would venture to guess there is a higher rate of adopted parents doing heinous shit like that.

RE: The GOP really loves their women - Benton - 01-08-2017

(01-08-2017, 09:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So if I would have said he is suggesting they are irresponsible such as a dog that knocks over the trash can or the wreckless driver that causes insurance rates to go up, then we could have nice things?
or the point of the analogies, which is to say we can't control what others do, but we can sometimes limit how it impacts us.

cutting off free birth control isn't going to stop people from having sex. But if I'm presented with the option for potentially paying a few dollars each year versus paying for a population spike which could cost a lot more, I'll take the birth control.

RE: The GOP really loves their women - jason - 01-08-2017

My daughter was "unintended". The best thing that ever happened to me.

(01-08-2017, 10:42 PM)Benton Wrote: or the point of the analogies, which is to say we can't control what others do, but we can sometimes limit how it impacts us.

cutting off free birth control isn't going to stop people from having sex. But if I'm presented with the option for potentially paying a few dollars each year versus paying for a population spike which could cost a lot more, I'll take the birth control.

Condescending POV, but if it works for you; go for it. I'm thinking maybe they'll spend the 40 cents, if we don't give it to them.

How about mandatory tubal ligation for any female that has had an abortion? 

(01-08-2017, 10:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Condescending POV, but if it works for you; go for it. I'm thinking maybe they'll spend the 40 cents, if we don't give it to them.

Why?

RE: The GOP really loves their women - bfine32 - 01-09-2017

(01-08-2017, 10:55 PM)GMDino Wrote: Why?

Benton Wrote:we can't control what others do, but we can sometimes limit how it impacts us.

RE: The GOP really loves their women - Benton - 01-09-2017

(01-08-2017, 10:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Condescending POV....

Mellow

RE: The GOP really loves their women - bfine32 - 01-09-2017

(01-09-2017, 12:42 AM)Benton Wrote: Mellow

Well that was in response to your "we can limit the impact" suggestion. Not sure how you missed that.