Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Trump bans transgender people from serving in U.S. military 'in any capacity' - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Trump bans transgender people from serving in U.S. military 'in any capacity' (/Thread-Trump-bans-transgender-people-from-serving-in-U-S-military-in-any-capacity)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Trump bans transgender people from serving in U.S. military 'in any capacity' - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 07-28-2017

(07-28-2017, 04:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Actually, by "we", I was meaning anyone who reads this thread.  But hey, way to judge me, lump me in with a population that you have extreme bias against, without even knowing me.  ThumbsUp

Kinda like the bias Trump expressed toward transgender service members he has never met.

It sucks when we are in the group which is the target of unfair bias.

RE: Trump bans transgender people from serving in U.S. military 'in any capacity' - Bengalzona - 07-28-2017

“You don’t need to be ‘straight’ to fight and die for your country.”
“I don’t care if a soldier is ‘straight’, as long as he can shoot straight.”

- Sen. Barry Goldwater ®, in reference to the debate over letting homosexuals serve in the military.

RE: Trump bans transgender people from serving in U.S. military 'in any capacity' - SunsetBengal - 07-28-2017

(07-28-2017, 05:39 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Kinda like the bias Trump expressed toward transgender service members he has never met.

It sucks when we are in the group which is the target of unfair bias.

No, that does not apply.  Trump is a public figure, I am a mere private citizen.

RE: Trump bans transgender people from serving in U.S. military 'in any capacity' - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 07-28-2017

(07-28-2017, 06:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No, that does not apply.  Trump is a public figure, I am a mere private citizen.

My point was we don't like it when we are the victims of unfair bias so we should guard against doing it to others, private or public figures.

RE: Trump bans transgender people from serving in U.S. military 'in any capacity' - SunsetBengal - 07-28-2017

(07-28-2017, 07:01 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: My point was we don't like it when we are the victims of unfair bias so we should guard against doing it to others, private or public figures.

Well, when it comes to myself, I have to draw a line somewhere.  Being "classified" as a "holy roller" and part of the "religious Right", is where it ends.  The guy (ballsofsteel) doesn't know a thing about me, in reality.  Fact is, I haven't even practiced organized religion in over 20 years.  If it continues, I'll have no choice but to consider it a personal attack without any basis or foundation.

RE: Trump bans transgender people from serving in U.S. military 'in any capacity' - Matt_Crimson - 07-28-2017

(07-28-2017, 04:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Actually, by "we", I was meaning anyone who reads this thread.  But hey, way to judge me, lump me in with a population that you have extreme bias against, without even knowing me.  ThumbsUp

Wait, when did you become a mod? Or am I drunk?

RE: Trump bans transgender people from serving in U.S. military 'in any capacity' - ballsofsteel - 07-28-2017

Sorry, I must of misread your intentions. Its just that I assume that anyone who defends a certain population multiple times must identify with them. ThumbsUp

RE: Trump bans transgender people from serving in U.S. military 'in any capacity' - TheLeonardLeap - 07-28-2017

(07-28-2017, 07:29 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: Wait, when did you become a mod? Or am I drunk?

[Image: Why_not_both.jpg]

RE: Trump bans transgender people from serving in U.S. military 'in any capacity' - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 07-30-2017

(07-28-2017, 07:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, when it comes to myself, I have to draw a line somewhere.  Being "classified" as a "holy roller" and part of the "religious Right", is where it ends.  The guy (ballsofsteel) doesn't know a thing about me, in reality.  Fact is, I haven't even practiced organized religion in over 20 years.  If it continues, I'll have no choice but to consider it a personal attack without any basis or foundation.

I just noticed the new title. Time to update the LinkedIn resume!

RE: Trump bans transgender people from serving in U.S. military 'in any capacity' - SunsetBengal - 07-30-2017

(07-30-2017, 03:28 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I just noticed the new title. Time to update the LinkedIn resume!

Hilarious  Yep, should be worth at least a percentage point, on the annual raises at work!

But seriously, I take it as an honor to be asked to be part of the moderation team.  I'm only hoping that my moderating input can be as minimal as possible.

RE: Trump bans transgender people from serving in U.S. military 'in any capacity' - Griever - 07-30-2017

(07-30-2017, 04:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hilarious  Yep, should be worth at least a percentage point, on the annual raises at work!

But seriously, I take it as an honor to be asked to be part of the moderation team.  I'm only hoping that my moderating input can be as minimal as possible.

cant trust no boy south of raleigh

RE: Trump bans transgender people from serving in U.S. military 'in any capacity' - SunsetBengal - 07-30-2017

(07-30-2017, 06:12 PM)Griever Wrote: cant trust no boy south of Raleigh

My office is in Raleigh, does that count?

RE: Trump bans transgender people from serving in U.S. military 'in any capacity' - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 07-31-2017

http://www.newsweek.com/drain-swamp-white-house-west-wing-fly-problem-donald-trump-reince-priebus-643824

Trump can't even kill a fly himself. Not sure he is the best judge of who can or can't serve in the military.

RE: Trump bans transgender people from serving in U.S. military 'in any capacity' - Vlad - 07-31-2017

(07-31-2017, 11:37 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: http://www.newsweek.com/drain-swamp-white-house-west-wing-fly-problem-donald-trump-reince-priebus-643824

Trump can't even kill a fly himself. Not sure he is the best judge of who can or can't serve in the military.

[Image: laughter.gif]

RE: Trump bans transgender people from serving in U.S. military 'in any capacity' - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 07-31-2017

(07-31-2017, 01:28 PM)Vlad Wrote: [Image: laughter.gif]

Granted, not as funny as someone intentionally misquoting AR 40-501 while presenting it as fact.

Or as funny as people who have never served in the military and sought and received multiple deferements during Vietnam telling others they can't volunteer for the military.

RE: Trump bans transgender people from serving in U.S. military 'in any capacity' - Vlad - 07-31-2017

(07-28-2017, 04:17 PM)hollodero Wrote: Take that, George Washington. Defeating the English, Independence, meh. But reviving the good old days of transgender discrimination, that's true greatness, that's what history will forever remember. Except for fake history, of course.

Yes Trump as "The greatest president to have ever lived" does sound a bit far fetched to say the least doesn't it?

I'd just though I'd reciprocate all the ridiculous and exaggerated anti Trump remarks with ones 180 degrees the opposite way.

(07-31-2017, 01:43 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Granted, not as funny as someone intentionally misquoting AR 40-501 while presenting it as fact.

Or as funny as people who have never served in the military and sought and received multiple deferements during Vietnam telling others they can't volunteer for the military.

Who are you saying "intentionally" misquoted AR 40?

Regardless, I don't find it funny at all.

Reference paragraph 2-27(n) in AR 40-501 and let me know what you think.

Now soldiers can go back to pretending to be trans to get out of the military!..lol.

[Image: klinger.jpg]

(07-31-2017, 01:49 PM)Vlad Wrote: Who are you saying "intentionally" misquoted AR 40?

Uh . . .

(07-28-2017, 12:51 PM)Vlad Wrote: There is a stark difference between trans and gay.  A gay may like the taste of dog food, but a trans thinks he's a dog.

Read carefully some mental related disqualifications for military service:

Any history or current psychosexual conditions, including, but not limited to transsexualism, exhibitionism, transvestism, voyeurism, and other paraphilias, are disqualifying.

Notice homosexuality not listed.

https://www.thebalance.com/military-medical-standards-for-enlistment-and-commission-3354046

Trump restoring the military as it should be, will be known as the greatest president to have ever lived.

It seems you are confusing gender dysphoria with transexualism as interchangeable synonyms. Would you like me to explain the difference?

I don't think the President publicly discriminating againt a group of service members is funny, either.

(07-31-2017, 01:49 PM)Vlad Wrote: Who are you saying "intentionally" misquoted AR 40?

Reference paragraph 2-27(n) in AR 40-501 and let me know what you think.

I already covered this on the previous page to include the correct quote and an explanation of the different clinical terms.