Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Mixon is frustrated with lack of carries - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Mixon is frustrated with lack of carries (/Thread-Mixon-is-frustrated-with-lack-of-carries)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Mixon is frustrated with lack of carries - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-23-2017

(10-23-2017, 05:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Any good leader has a team first mindset. A proper balance is beneficial to an offense...especially one with a terrible line. 

Again, I'm not sure why Andy would be upset with the RB wanting balance. Balance led to more points and more passes in the first half.

I wonder if Ben is pissed that Bell got 35 carries yesterday, while Ben only passed 24 times?

Well Bell has played a couple years already, so, no.  Ninja

RE: Mixon is frustrated with lack of carries - bfine32 - 10-23-2017

(10-23-2017, 05:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Any good leader has a team first mindset. A proper balance is beneficial to an offense...especially one with a terrible line. 

Again, I'm not sure why Andy would be upset with the RB wanting balance. Balance led to more points and more passes in the first half.

I wonder if Ben is pissed that Bell got 35 carries yesterday, while Ben only passed 24 times?

Why would Ben be pissed bout that. Now if they had lost and Bell said we should have ran it more, then yes; I'd say he'd be upset with his RB. Just like he was upset with the best WR in the game throwing a fit because he didn't get the ball.

But Ben most likely said: We should have ran in more so that I would have gotten more passes.

RE: Mixon is frustrated with lack of carries - bfine32 - 10-23-2017

(10-23-2017, 05:49 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Marvin dismissed his comments because he's a clueless moron. 

Thanks GM

(10-23-2017, 06:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Thanks GM

Well.....when said moron thinks our rookie RB is going to learn watching Jeremy Hill run into the backs of our linemen....the "GM" in question here may just be onto something......

RE: Mixon is frustrated with lack of carries - Nately120 - 10-23-2017

(10-23-2017, 05:01 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Mike wants to win a super bowl just as bad as we do... He just has no f***ing clue how to do it.

Why do people keep saying this?  There is no evidence that Mike Brown cares about winning the SB.  The guy runs his franchise on a shoe-string and voluntarily cuts out positions/amenities/processes that other franchises have.  Mike Brown wants to win, he just wants to win the "Mike Brown Way" which is a way that has failed to yield a single playoff win in over 25 years.

I've said this before, but wanting something in your mind and actually wanting something in the sense that you are actively doing things people can observe are two very different things.  

Person A and Person B both want to be in awesome shape and look super sexayyyyy.  Person A does his best to follow a reasonable diet and he does P90x and what not.  Person B sits on his arse all day and eats ice cream and pork rinds.  Yes, both guys WANT to be in shape, but can you really say that Person A and Person B both want to achieve their sexayyyness goal equally?  

It's beyond clear that Mike Brown is aware that hiring a GM would make it more likely the Bengals would win a SB but he doesn't care to do that.  That's all I need to know.  Would Mike Brown be an NFL GM if he didn't inherit an NFL team?  Not a chance.  Therefore, he insists on keeping a GM who shouldn't be a GM.  As a behaviorist I must conclude Mike Brown's actions are NOT those of a man who wants to win a Super Bowl.

RE: Mixon is frustrated with lack of carries - muskiesfan - 10-23-2017

(10-23-2017, 06:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Why do people keep saying this?  There is no evidence that Mike Brown cares about winning the SB.  The guy runs his franchise on a shoe-string and voluntarily cuts out positions/amenities/processes that other franchises have.  Mike Brown wants to win, he just wants to win the "Mike Brown Way" which is a way that has failed to yield a single playoff win in over 25 years.

I've said this before, but wanting something in your mind and actually wanting something in the sense that you are actively doing things people can observe are two very different things.  

Person A and Person B both want to be in awesome shape and look super sexayyyyy.  Person A does his best to follow a reasonable diet and he does P90x and what not.  Person B sits on his arse all day and eats ice cream and pork rinds.  Yes, both guys WANT to be in shape, but can you really say that Person A and Person B both want to achieve their sexayyyness goal equally?  

It's beyond clear that Mike Brown is aware that hiring a GM would make it more likely the Bengals would win a SB but he doesn't care to do that.  That's all I need to know.  Would Mike Brown be an NFL GM if he didn't inherit an NFL team?  Not a chance.  Therefore, he insists on keeping a GM who shouldn't be a GM.  As a behaviorist I must conclude Mike Brown's actions are NOT those of a man who wants to win a Super Bowl.

All accurate. Brown keeps himself as GM because he pays himself over $1m a year to be the GM. This man and his family are all about money. Winning games is nice, winning a Super Bowl would be nice, but their focus is completely on money. Anything else is a complete afterthought.

RE: Mixon is frustrated with lack of carries - Nately120 - 10-23-2017

(10-23-2017, 06:44 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: All accurate. Brown keeps himself as GM because he pays himself over $1m a year to be the GM. This man and his family are all about money. Winning games is nice, winning a Super Bowl would be nice, but their focus is completely on money. Anything else is a complete afterthought.

I'm fine with that.  It's his business to run as he sees fit and if I don't like it I can go kick rocks...but I'll be damned if I'm going to convince myself Mike Brown is trying just as hard to win it all as the guys who managed to, you know, win it all.

RE: Mixon is frustrated with lack of carries - Joelist - 10-23-2017

The surprising thing is Andy was able to walk off the field and not be on a stretcher with that pass protection. Getting hit on back to back to back to back to back plays where every time it was a completely unblocked defender is not a healthy thing...

RE: Mixon is frustrated with lack of carries - bengalhoel - 10-23-2017

(10-23-2017, 09:16 AM)thillan Wrote: Anyone else hopeful that this team is now getting some players who will speak up when they settle for mediocrity? I like that Mixon is talking, and I want more. I want to know that my players care more about winning, instead of Marv clapping on the sidelines and Andy laughing while down 15 points. Where is the heart to win man?

Its also embarrassing to watch Andy take a sack on 1st down when we are down by two scores with 5 minutes left and then throw the ball away on 4th down. It is his seventh season. You really shouldnt have to tell a QB this anymore. 

RE: Mixon is frustrated with lack of carries - CanadianBengal - 10-23-2017

(10-23-2017, 03:57 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: RomThere's no way this 3 headed monster works Lazor, and you have to explain yourself. Did any reporter ask about the RB situation? Mixon whiffed a block later on, don't remember when Andy got crushed, maybe that was an issue.

Pittsburgh once again scared the shit out of Giovani. Mixon has no ghosts, doesn't seem like the type to.

Romo broke down the play where Mixon whiffed and Dalton got crushed on tv. It was Fisher who took the wrong guy not Mixon. Fisher slid over to double team DT leaving DE alone on Mixon.  Mixon had responsibility for inside pressure not outside pressure. 

RE: Mixon is frustrated with lack of carries - CanadianBengal - 10-23-2017

(10-23-2017, 04:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: ,
Running more doesn't necessarily mean we'd pass less. The proof is in the game we just watched.

1st half: Dalton passed 18 times while our RB's ran 11 times
2nd half: Dalton passed 12 times while our RB's ran 3 times

A good mix of run and pass often leads to more sustained drives, which gives the QB more chances to throw the ball. 

Why would Andy be upset about that?
Part of the problem in the second half was the sacks or incompletions on first down made it hard to run on second. 

Pitt had a reason to believe that it could get 4+ yards every carry. A few times it was stuffed but they had a lot of 4 yard carries and a bunch of 8-10 yard carries. Bengals have a lot of 1 yard carries. Mixons yards came off a few big runs. A couple based solely on his effort. I think it's hard to commit to running on second and ten because Bengals are completely useless on third and ten. 

I thought having him and Gio in the backfield together could allow them to throw more to the bucks but they seemed to prefer having them stay in to block.  I think it would be hard for a D to account for Mixon and Gio coming out of the backfield. 

I think having a true fullback would help. First contact is always stay the line of scrimmage 

RE: Mixon is frustrated with lack of carries - t3r3e3 - 10-23-2017

(10-23-2017, 11:36 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Not defending Lewis in any way, as there is no defense. But, that said, if Mixon wants to be the bell cow and be in on the majority of plays, he needs to improve his blocking quickly. He about got Andy killed with one completely missed block. Gio is the best blocking RB we have. And with the lack of oline protection, the RB HAS to be able to pick up a blitzer. It's that simple. We cannot run every down, the RB has to be able to block so Dalton has time to throw.

On that play Fisher blocker no one. Fisher allowed the 265 pound Dupree free run into the backfield. In the meantime, Fisher stared inside at no one. Dupree ate up Mixon and got the sack. Mixon didn’t do much, but it’s hard to stop a 265 pound rush backer who has a 7-8 yard head of steam. Fisher looked like a moron on that play.

RE: Mixon is frustrated with lack of carries - HarleyDog - 10-23-2017

A lot of people blaming Marvin. However, looks to me like Lazor is doing the play calling. Sure, Marvin owns a lot, but spread the shit evenly where deserved.

RE: Mixon is frustrated with lack of carries - Millhouse - 10-23-2017

(10-23-2017, 08:46 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: On that play Fisher blocker no one.  Fisher allowed the 265 pound Dupree free run into the backfield.  In the meantime, Fisher stared inside at no one.  Dupree ate up Mixon and got the sack.  Mixon didn’t do much, but it’s hard to stop a 265 pound rush backer who has a 7-8 yard head of steam.  Fisher looked like a moron on that play.

Fisher is turning out to be a pretty bad draft pick. He is playing like a 6th round backup, not a second rounder that was supposed to be the future.

edit: Of course his positional coach should have been fired ages ago, and the Bengals have Munoz and Lapham nearby that could come in and help teach. But the Bengals are too stupid and arrogant to do so.

(10-23-2017, 07:56 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Its also embarrassing to watch Andy take a sack on 1st down when we are down by two scores with 5 minutes left and then throw the ball away on 4th down. It is his seventh season. You really shouldnt have to tell a QB this anymore. 

What's he supposed to do....block the hordes of unfettered defenders on his own?  You guys kill me with this shit when there's an absolute garbage, circus tent worthy, shit show going on up front.  I mean....if they still did bloopers....they'd be playing the shit outta the Benny Hill Theme and showing clips of our line and watching Billy Joel scratch his ass crack and smelling his fingers.  Blaming anyone for taking sacks behind these ***** bums....FFS people.

RE: Mixon is frustrated with lack of carries - Sweetness - 10-23-2017

(10-23-2017, 09:36 PM)Wyche Wrote: What's he supposed to do....block the hordes of unfettered defenders on his own?  You guys kill me with this shit when there's an absolute garbage, circus tent worthy, shit show going on up front.  I mean....if they still did bloopers....they'd be playing the shit outta the Benny Hill Theme and showing clips of our line and watching Billy Joel scratch his ass crack and smelling his fingers.  Blaming anyone for taking sacks behind these ***** bums....FFS people.

If he was a man he would.  Ninja

(10-23-2017, 09:50 PM)Sweetness Wrote: If he was a man he would.  Ninja

LMAO. Good call. 

I'm just sick of looking at Paul Alexander's smug fatass over there when his hand picked players are stinking up the joint....and he can't coach a goddamned one of them up.  Arrogant piece of shit acts like he's God's gift to football....and his unit is LARGELY to blame for the ineptness of this team.  **** him.

(10-23-2017, 10:16 PM)Wyche Wrote: LMAO. Good call. 

I'm just sick of looking at Paul Alexander's smug fatass over there when his hand picked players are stinking up the joint....and he can't coach a goddamned one of them up.  Arrogant piece of shit acts like he's God's gift to football....and his unit is LARGELY to blame for the ineptness of this team.  **** him.
I would put over half the blame of Bengals suckness on the Oline. You can only blame the receivers and QB so much when they have 2 seconds or less to make a play. Part of that blame also has to go to Marvin for not demanding a change though too.

(10-23-2017, 10:26 PM)Sweetness Wrote: I would put over half the blame of Bengals suckness on the Oline. You can only blame the receivers and QB so much when they have 2 seconds or less to make a play. Part of that blame also has to go to Marvin for not demanding a change though too.

I would blame Marv too....BUT....he was saddled with Alexander when he got here.  In fact, every HC since Dave Shula has been saddled with that puke.  Therein lies your problem.....how the hell you gonna have any credibility with a bum like that hanging around?  

Mike Brown is a friggin puke....if Marv, Blodine, or Billy Joel are here next year...I'm done.  With any of three left here....you PROVE you don't wanna win, so why bother?

(10-23-2017, 10:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: I would blame Marv too....BUT....he was saddled with Alexander when he got here.  In fact, every HC since Dave Shula has been saddled with that puke.  Therein lies your problem.....how the hell you gonna have any credibility with a bum like that hanging around?  

Mike Brown is a friggin puke....if Marv, Blodine, or Billy Joel are here next year...I'm done.  With any of three left here....you PROVE you don't wanna win, so why bother?

There's no way with the kind of bobbing Brown does on Marvin that if he demanded a change there wouldn't be one.