Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Well, Schefter was wrong before, sure hope he is again! - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Well, Schefter was wrong before, sure hope he is again! (/Thread-Well-Schefter-was-wrong-before-sure-hope-he-is-again)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Well, Schefter was wrong before, sure hope he is again! - McC - 12-24-2018

Marvin may not be done here but he is finished. He found his level then he hit his peak and now he seems determined to find his floor.

He is never ahead of the game like the great ones are. He never fixes his problems like the great ones do. And he is so slooooow to react. He is hopelessly behind the rest of the league. To quote a phrase, the game has passed him by. It's written all over his face. He is shell shocked.

"They caught us off guard with the 4 receiver sets." Okay, they get you on one play or maybe even a series. But a half?

And to not show up ready to kick ass and take names yesterday? Unforgivable.

Can't wait for next year's more of the same.

RE: Well, Schefter was wrong before, sure hope he is again! - Earendil - 12-24-2018

(12-24-2018, 03:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This is why my fandom is dying. I still chat with you guys, but haven't watched a game in several weeks.

I've never been lower as a fan...and I went through the 90's.

Yep, this is exactly how I'm feeling...

RE: Well, Schefter was wrong before, sure hope he is again! - TKUHL - 12-24-2018

Players just gotta do their job man!Poise, we do some good things, some things we need work on. Once we rebuild for the 4th time we will be in good shape. Ffs Mikey you suck soooo bad. Go Colts! ?

RE: Well, Schefter was wrong before, sure hope he is again! - TKUHL - 12-24-2018

(12-24-2018, 03:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This is why my fandom is dying. I still chat with you guys, but haven't watched a game in several weeks.

Last week is the first game I've missed in over 20 years, and again this week. It's actually pretty nice having my Sundays back. I'll start watching again when Marvin/Hue are gone.

RE: Well, Schefter was wrong before, sure hope he is again! - Shake n Blake - 12-24-2018

(12-24-2018, 07:22 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Last week is the first game I've missed in over 20 years, and again this week. It's actually pretty nice having my Sundays back. I'll start watching again when Marvin/Hue are gone.

Might be a long few years. I would ask if any coach this thoroughly mediocre has ever coached 20 years with the same team, but we already know the answer.

Heck, has any coach in all of sports lasted 20 years in a league while being this mediocre?

RE: Well, Schefter was wrong before, sure hope he is again! - samhain - 12-24-2018

If Mike allows this to happen, he's not just giving his fanbase (what remains of it, anyway) a middle finger. He's curb stomping it, tying it up with rope and duct tape, throwing it in a burlap sack, and tossing it in the river with a cinder block tied around it's ankles. There will be zero casual fans left in this city. There will be more season ticket holders throwing in the towel. Seeing the empty seats in PBS during the 2019 season will be the embarrassment of all embarrassments for this franchise, and that's saying something given the history.

Even the diehards will get tired of our yearly two Pittsburgh ass-kickings coupled with having to watch Baker Mayfield wiping his ass with our garbage staff's blank stares as he kicks our tails up and down the field on a regular basis.

It's one thing to get attached to a team and support it through decades of embarrassment and bad times. There's something to be said for sticking to the hand your dealt by birth and loyalty as opposed to hopping on a bandwagon elsewhere. When, however, the owner of said franchise basically tells you he not only doesn't care about expanding his fanbase, but that the current fans can piss off, too, then maybe it's time to let that franchise die a natural death or plague another god-forsaken city.

RE: Well, Schefter was wrong before, sure hope he is again! - bengalhoel - 12-24-2018

(12-24-2018, 10:59 AM)McC Wrote: And Mike still won't give two shits.  And neither will Katie.

That is because they get a welfare check from the NFL. I have never understood why Mike Brown should just automatically get a football team because his Dad died. They should do a review every year and see if the owner is competent enough to own a team. 

Or, like I have said before, go to a get how much you put in  profit sharing system so that the owners have to win to get their share.

(12-24-2018, 09:18 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: That is because they get a welfare check from the NFL. I have never understood why Mike Brown should just automatically get a football team because his Dad died. They should do a review every year and see if the owner is competent enough to own a team. 

Or, like I have said before, go to a get how much you put in  profit sharing system so that the owners have to win to get their share.

I couldn't agree more.  Profit sharing is the bane of our existence as fans.

RE: Well, Schefter was wrong before, sure hope he is again! - BengalFanInNJ - 12-24-2018

Clearly we are Tanking for Tua

(12-24-2018, 10:53 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Clearly we are Tanking for Tua

That sounds too much like a plan, which is something the Bengals just don't believe in.

RE: Well, Schefter was wrong before, sure hope he is again! - bengalfan74 - 12-24-2018

(12-24-2018, 10:17 PM)McC Wrote: I couldn't agree more.  Profit sharing is the bane of our existence as fans.

Yes it is ! Mike Brown knows no matter how bad he screws it up, no matter how mad he makes the fans he can be as cheap as he wants and a large profit is assured. He can't fail

RE: Well, Schefter was wrong before, sure hope he is again! - Nately120 - 12-24-2018

If we trade Dalton to Washington for a song and then start Driskel all year...maybe.  We'd be playin' like poo-a for Tua.

RE: Well, Schefter was wrong before, sure hope he is again! - samhain - 12-24-2018

(12-24-2018, 05:28 PM)McC Wrote: Marvin may not be done here but he is finished.  He found his level then he hit his peak and now he seems determined to find his floor.

He is never ahead of the game like the great ones are.  He never fixes his problems like the great ones do.  And he is so slooooow to react.  He is hopelessly behind the rest of the league.  To quote a phrase, the game has passed him by.  It's written all over his face.  He is shell shocked.  

"They caught us off guard with the 4 receiver sets."  Okay, they get you on one play or maybe even a series.  But a half?  

And to not show up ready to kick ass and take names yesterday?  Unforgivable.

Can't wait for next year's more of the same.

Marvin probably could have left after 2010 and remained something of a hero to Bengals fans.  he could have been like Dungy was to the Bucs.  He didn't get them there, but he made them competitive again.  

He probably would have been hired to be a HC again, too after doing such a respectable job with such a known obstacle as the Cincinnati front office.

But no.  He's going to stay here and become a joke.  He's going to lose and lose and lose until he finally gets tired of cashing checks.  He'll have destroyed his legacy as HC here by the time it's over.

RE: Well, Schefter was wrong before, sure hope he is again! - bengalfan74 - 12-24-2018

(12-24-2018, 03:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This is why my fandom is dying. I still chat with you guys, but haven't watched a game in several weeks.

I'm right there with you Shake. Every game that goes by I care a little less ! Since the Saints beat down I haven't watched a full game. My care meter is barely registering above empty. If Marvin is back next season or Hue is promoted my Bengal fandom will be below zero until MB is gone.

(12-24-2018, 04:02 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Man, think about it - this franchise is about to wrap up their 48th season (out of 51) without a playoff win and 28th straight.  Mellow

Just dumbfounding

RE: Well, Schefter was wrong before, sure hope he is again! - THE PISTONS - 12-24-2018

(12-24-2018, 11:32 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes it is ! Mike Brown knows no matter how bad he screws it up, no matter how mad he makes the fans he can be as cheap as he wants and a large profit is assured. He can't fail

Honestly, the fact that we haven't won a playoff game in 26+ years and at no point hired a GM or significantly increased the scouting department tells you all you need to know.

It's 26 years of no playoff wins. Even if they do fire Marvin now...it's too little too late.

RE: Well, Schefter was wrong before, sure hope he is again! - Capt.Morgan - 12-25-2018

(12-24-2018, 03:38 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Agree, this has gone far beyond apathy and incompetence and into the realm of mental disorder with Mike Brown....seriously. Unfortunately the NFL Welfare system keeps Mike Brown’s philosophy alive and well. He never has to deal with consequences of running a horrible franchise..The checks come regardless if he wins or loses. And thus, here we are.....I would almost prefer the team leave town...it would make it easier for all of us to move on.

I've also thought that way -- then I realized that I wouldn't want another fan base to have to go through this.... 

RE: Well, Schefter was wrong before, sure hope he is again! - reuben.ahmed - 12-25-2018

On my way to stopping watching this team for good, didn't watch a second of the Browns game. We have zero chance against the Steelers, if Andy and AJ were playing I might have watched, but I'm sure I'll find something else to do, perhaps even vacuum the house.

RE: Well, Schefter was wrong before, sure hope he is again! - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-27-2018

(12-24-2018, 04:38 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I am starting to wonder how am I still a fan of this team as...

I am a fan of first rate teams and organizations such as Ohio State football and Manchester United 'football' in England. 
I was a big fan of the Bulls during the Jordan and Pippen era.
I am part-time fan of the Saints mainly because of Brees, who is one of my favorite players of all time. (I now regret not going to that game he smoked us).
Joe Montana was my favorite player of the 80s not named Munoz.

Yet 'my team' of my favorite sport just happens to be the frikken Bengals with Ebenzer Brown still being apathetic to trying to win it all after all these years. 

I hear ya.  When I actually cared to watch NBA basketball, I was a fan of the Lakers "Showtime" era.  
I am a FSU Seminoles football fan.
Louisville Cardinals NCAAB fan.
My MLB teams are in rough spots right now, the Reds and Tigers.....but I've seen World Series won by both of them.
Brad Keselowski in NASCAR.
I always had a soft spot for the lovable losers....the Aints and the Yuccaneers.  Both have Lombardis now. Mellow

I was a fan when Bengals fans hated Montana.....then Son of Paul takes over and ruins our once promising and up and coming franchise.

RE: Well, Schefter was wrong before, sure hope he is again! - Pat5775 - 12-27-2018

(12-24-2018, 07:36 PM)samhain Wrote: If Mike allows this to happen, he's not just giving his fanbase (what remains of it, anyway) a middle finger. He's curb stomping it, tying it up with rope and duct tape, throwing it in a burlap sack, and tossing it in the river with a cinder block tied around it's ankles. There will be zero casual fans left in this city. There will be more season ticket holders throwing in the towel. Seeing the empty seats in PBS during the 2019 season will be the embarrassment of all embarrassments for this franchise, and that's saying something given the history.

Even the diehards will get tired of our yearly two Pittsburgh ass-kickings coupled with having to watch Baker Mayfield wiping his ass with our garbage staff's blank stares as he kicks our tails up and down the field on a regular basis.

It's one thing to get attached to a team and support it through decades of embarrassment and bad times. There's something to be said for sticking to the hand your dealt by birth and loyalty as opposed to hopping on a bandwagon elsewhere. When, however, the owner of said franchise basically tells you he not only doesn't care about expanding his fanbase, but that the current fans can piss off, too, then maybe it's time to let that franchise die a natural death or plague another god-forsaken city.

Spot on. Pretty much exactly where I’m at. I’ve never been more complacent about this team. I’ve reached the point of simply not caring what happens anymore. We all know Mike Brown won’t let Marv (or Hue) go, so why invest my time and energy into a franchise that is ran by one of the biggest nitwits on the planet? The franchise is obviously in peril and he doesn’t give a damn.

I’ve been under the impression that Mike had a mental illness since I was a young kid. Now, I think that’s all but confirmed Whatever how anybody with a functioning brain can be so delusional is mind blowing. I’m honestly shocked the NFL hasn’t forced him to step away from day-to-day management given his obviously flawed mental state Whatever

RE: Well, Schefter was wrong before, sure hope he is again! - Pat5775 - 12-27-2018

Why are so many people under the impression Tua is a pro caliber QB? He looks like just another Alabama system QB to me