Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
No Dirty Dancing Here - School demands girls be proper - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: No Dirty Dancing Here - School demands girls be proper (/Thread-No-Dirty-Dancing-Here-School-demands-girls-be-proper)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: No Dirty Dancing Here - School demands girls be proper - Nately120 - 10-10-2015

(10-10-2015, 11:37 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Lol way to take it the extreme.  

Your smart enough to know exactly what I'm talks about..:.  A true formal event was the original goal of these dances .  Not some cheap ho down.

First off, the statement "Your smart enough to know exactly what I'm talks about" is so awesome I want it tattooed on my forehead.  Also, I can see how some stuff adults would just love to wave a magic wand and make high school dances a flashback to the 1950s, but it's only going to happen in the halcyon delusions of people who are completely removed from the situation.

RE: No Dirty Dancing Here - School demands girls be proper - bfine32 - 10-10-2015

(10-10-2015, 11:40 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Don't try to pull a bait-and-switch. I just said I don't like looking at it; you are the one implying the act is perverse. So the question is: why are you Googling images of something you consider perverse, let alone sharing them on a discussion website?
uuuuuhhhhhhmmmmm....

bfine32 Wrote:I am the only one here against such activity from adolescents; especially at a High School event. 

You consider the actual act OK, yet try to imply that googling an image to illustrate a point as perverse. Not really thinking this through are you and you are not helping others trying to say "no harm here".
Still not thinking it through are you?

RE: No Dirty Dancing Here - School demands girls be proper - Nately120 - 10-10-2015

(10-10-2015, 11:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I am the only one here against such activity from adolescents; especially at a High School event. 

I guess it depends on what "against it" means.  Are you going to stop it?  Do you want it to stop?  Would you punish your kids or students from engaging in it?  Personally, I wouldn't go around telling kids to grind on each other (I learned my lesson on THAT one, boy howdy!) but I can't say I'm "against it" as my response is just to shrug and say "meh, kids will be kids."

Our society gleefully uses sex to sell everything from happy meals to conservative news programs, so go figure a side effect is that our kids are starting to frighten us.  We done asked for this!

RE: No Dirty Dancing Here - School demands girls be proper - bfine32 - 10-10-2015

(10-10-2015, 11:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I guess it depends on what "against it" means.  Are you going to stop it?  Do you want it to stop?  Would you punish your kids or students from engaging in it?  Personally, I wouldn't go around telling kids to grind on each other (I learned my lesson on THAT one, boy howdy!) but I can't say I'm "against it" as my response is just to shrug and say "meh, kids will be kids."

Our society gleefully uses sex to sell everything from happy meals to conservative news programs, so go figure a side effect is that our kids are starting to frighten us.  We done asked for this!
I suppose apathy is a technique. 

RE: No Dirty Dancing Here - School demands girls be proper - GodHatesBengals - 10-10-2015

(10-10-2015, 11:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: uuuuuhhhhhhmmmmm....

Still not thinking it through are you?

Your "illustration" is literally just showing photographs of the activity you deem perverse.

I don't need to see photographs of a homeless man being beaten up to know it's not right and I would hope you don't either, so your "illustration" excuse fails under scrutiny. Even someone with your intelligence knew that showing a photograph of something anybody could presumably imagine in their minds wouldn't change any opinions.

You just went ahead and Googled images of teens grinding anyway, because...... you dislike it so much? Rolleyes

RE: No Dirty Dancing Here - School demands girls be proper - StLucieBengal - 10-10-2015

(10-10-2015, 11:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: First off, the statement "Your smart enough to know exactly what I'm talks about" is so awesome I want it tattooed on my forehead.  Also, I can see how some stuff adults would just love to wave a magic wand and make high school dances a flashback to the 1950s, but it's only going to happen in the halcyon delusions of people who are completely removed from the situation.

It's not about the 1950's. It's about a standard of respect of decency. I had to go to these dances when I was teaching and they do cross a lot of lines. Every girl deserves to feel like a princess and every boy deserves the opportunity to dance with a princess. That's the point of these dances. To expose children to finer things. To make them wear a big dress and a tux. It's almost a crash course in finishing school: Showing them a proper date, opening doors, nice restaurant, These are critical in showing a girl what to expect from a gentleman.

Is it 1950's thinking to expect out young men to be gentlemen? And our young girls to be ladies? Why don't they deserve to be exposed to this treatment?

(10-10-2015, 11:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I suppose apathy is a technique. 

Apathy brought on by the sheer hypocrisy of asking high school students (who are biologically sexual and a combination of hormonal insanity and lessened cognitive development) to show more sexual decency than the matured segments of our society, yes.

(10-10-2015, 11:51 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Every girl deserves to feel like a princess and every boy deserves the opportunity to dance with a princess.

That sounds like a whole lot of feel-good, everyone is exceptional liberal bs right there.

(10-10-2015, 11:48 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: GodHatesBengals
Your "illustration" is literally just showing photographs of the activity you deem perverse.

I don't need to see photographs of a homeless man being beaten up to know it's not right and I would hope you don't either, so your "illustration" excuse fails under scrutiny. Even someone with your intelligence knew that showing a photograph of something anybody could presumably imagine in their minds wouldn't change any opinions.

You just went ahead and Googled images of teens grinding anyway, because...... you dislike it so much? Rolleyes

This post, unlike most of yours, would have made sense if everybody was against the activity (homeless beaten up); however, in this case folks were in favor of the activity, so the activity had to be illustrated.

I'm thinking I've danced with the blind shoe maker long enough,,,,Bye. 

RE: No Dirty Dancing Here - School demands girls be proper - StLucieBengal - 10-10-2015

(10-10-2015, 11:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That sounds like a whole lot of feel-good, everyone is exceptional liberal bs right there.

No, the liberal bs part would be the anything goes attitude. The I can do anything I want with zero consequences.

RE: No Dirty Dancing Here - School demands girls be proper - fredtoast - 10-10-2015

(10-10-2015, 11:51 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote:   Every girl deserves to feel like a princess

Every boy deserves to feel a princess.

(10-10-2015, 11:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Apathy brought on by the sheer hypocrisy of asking high school students (who are biologically sexual and a combination of hormonal insanity and lessened cognitive development) to show more sexual decency than the matured segments of our society, yes.

It is sad that you are beaten down by society. I still have a little fight left in me. 

RE: No Dirty Dancing Here - School demands girls be proper - fredtoast - 10-10-2015

(10-10-2015, 11:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No, the liberal bs part would be the anything goes attitude.  The I can do anything I want with zero consequences.

What exactly are the consequences of grinding at a high school dance.

(10-10-2015, 11:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No, the liberal bs part would be the anything goes attitude.  The I can do anything I want with zero consequences.

It's funny you should say that since my argument is basically that it is borderline insane for a country full of adults who made a dating site designed to facilitate secretly cheating on your spouse into a gigantic hit to take teenagers to task about being disrespectful in regards to sexuality.

RE: No Dirty Dancing Here - School demands girls be proper - fredtoast - 10-11-2015

(10-10-2015, 11:51 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote:   That's the point of these dances.   To expose children to finer things.    To make them wear a big dress and a tux.    It's almost a crash course in finishing school:   Showing them a proper date, opening doors, nice restaurant,   These are critical in showing a girl what to expect from a gentleman.  

Right, teach them that dating is all about money.

A boy from a hard working family that can not afford a tux and a nice resaurant is not worth dating.

And a girl who can not afford a dress like a princess is worthless.

Got to teach them young.

RE: No Dirty Dancing Here - School demands girls be proper - GodHatesBengals - 10-11-2015

(10-10-2015, 11:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This post, unlike most of yours, would have made sense if everybody was against the activity (homeless beaten up); however, in this case folks were in favor of the activity, so the activity had to be illustrated.

I'm thinking I've danced with the blind shoe maker long enough,,,,Bye. 

I'm thinking you've embarrassed yourself enough, too. Enjoy your teen dancing GIFs and have a great night.

RE: No Dirty Dancing Here - School demands girls be proper - Nately120 - 10-11-2015

(10-10-2015, 11:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It is sad that you are beaten down by society. I still have a little fight left in me. 

Meh, if getting my panties in a bunch over high school students emulating what they see adults sell on a daily basis is "fight" then call me Mahatma Gandhi.

RE: No Dirty Dancing Here - School demands girls be proper - bfine32 - 10-11-2015

(10-11-2015, 12:06 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Nately120
Meh, if getting my panties in a bunch over high school students emulating what they see adults sell on a daily basis is "fight" then call me Mahatma Gandhi.

It was sad enough that you had given up. Now you are wearing panties. Gandhi.

RE: No Dirty Dancing Here - School demands girls be proper - Nately120 - 10-11-2015

(10-11-2015, 12:10 AM)bfine32 Wrote: It was sad enough that you had given up. Now you are wearing panties. Gandhi.

I assure you it's strictly a comfort thing.  The panties AND the not caring what those dastardly teens are up to, that is.

RE: No Dirty Dancing Here - School demands girls be proper - bfine32 - 10-11-2015

(10-11-2015, 12:05 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: I'm thinking you've embarrassed yourself enough, too. Enjoy your teen dancing GIFs and have a great night.

I had no idea you changed your username to yourself.