Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
TV viewership down 13% NFL Debut - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+--- Thread: TV viewership down 13% NFL Debut (/Thread-TV-viewership-down-13-NFL-Debut)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: TV viewership down 13% NFL Debut - samhain - 09-13-2020

(09-13-2020, 11:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Rock solid reply, there.

I love this.

RE: TV viewership down 13% NFL Debut - Mickeypoo - 09-13-2020

(09-13-2020, 11:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Come on, part of the appeal of Trump was that he was completely off the grid and said and did stuff that was totally non-standard.  But this is a wormhole we could go down and I'm still going over game 1 threads so let's just agree to agree that I'm blaming Trump for taking politics to the extra crazy level it currently is at.

Definitely agree that is part of the appeal.

There also has to be blame for the Dems not being able to handle Hillary's loss.  Hillary still blames everything and everyone but herself.

Russia collusion - Ridiculous and divisive

Impeachment......Ridiculous and divisive

Non-stop 24/7 rabid anti-Trump rhetoric from 90-95% of the media, Hollywood and Academia......very divisive

Have a great night!  6am coming quick.  lol.

RE: TV viewership down 13% NFL Debut - Mickeypoo - 09-13-2020

(09-13-2020, 11:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, if Biden and Harris were so damn liberal they wouldn't have been the 2nd or 3rd or later choices of the fringe left and Trump wouldn't spend some much time and money and energy repeating that they're dangerously liberal.

Yes, but if the Dems picked someone far left the voters would never go for it imo.

Never underestimate anybody, on either side, who lust for power.

(09-13-2020, 11:55 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Definitely agree that is part of the appeal.

There also has to be blame for the Dems not being able to handle Hillary's loss.  Hillary still blames everything and everyone but herself.

Non-stop 24/7 rabid anti-Trump rhetoric from 90-95% of the media, Hollywood and Academia......very divisive

I know.  Trump is just trying to save us from the liberals.  F them.  He should be dictator for life.  Putin should be VP.  Kill all libz.  

(09-13-2020, 11:56 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Yes, but if the Dems picked someone far left the voters would never go for it imo.

Trump is a moderate.  Duh libz iz just too mad about Hilz to see duh troof.  Kill all libz durr.

RE: TV viewership down 13% NFL Debut - Mickeypoo - 09-14-2020

(09-13-2020, 11:58 PM)samhain Wrote: Trump is a moderate.  Duh libz iz just too mad about Hilz to see duh troof.  Kill all libz durr.
WTF???

RE: TV viewership down 13% NFL Debut - samhain - 09-14-2020

(09-14-2020, 12:00 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: WTF???

Trump for life.  3 termz.  He's the only answer be cuz he's a friend to the working man an will stand up to the minorities that hate everyone.  And he'll give us all coal jobs to make uz millionaires.  

Also, unlike Biden, he doesn't wunna kill Jesus and abort America.

Everything he does is for baby Jesus and the good guys.

(09-13-2020, 11:57 PM)samhain Wrote: I know.  Trump is just trying to save us from the liberals.  F them.  He should be dictator for life.  Putin should be VP.  Kill all libz.  

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit I see.

(09-14-2020, 12:04 AM)samhain Wrote: Trump for life.  3 termz.  He's the only answer be cuz he's a friend to the working man an will stand up to the minorities that hate everyone.  And he'll give us all coal jobs to make uz millionaires.  

Also, unlike Biden, he doesn't wunna kill Jesus and abort America.

Everything he does is for baby Jesus and the good guys.

Note to self.........avoid alcohol and drugs.

RE: TV viewership down 13% NFL Debut - samhain - 09-14-2020

(09-14-2020, 12:06 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Note to self.........avoid alcohol and drugs.

Dude, MAGA.  WWG1WGA.

Don't you wanna stop the liberal satan worshipping adversaries and anoint him absolute power?  

We have to save Murica from the liberal mob!

RE: TV viewership down 13% NFL Debut - BmorePat87 - 09-14-2020

(09-13-2020, 11:45 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: With Trump we know what we have after 4 years.  I see Biden as more of a wild card imo.  

For one, nobody really knows about his health and I don't want Harris as President.  She is also very liberal and I am the opposite.
https://progressivepunch.org/scores.htm?topic=&house=senate&sort=crucial-lifetime&order=down&party=

Secondly, there is this; which makes Biden possibly far left and not standard imo.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/05/13/joe-biden-aoc-other-sanders-allies-help-shape-former-vps-policy/5181962002/

We will definitely see what happens.........and soon.  lol

I am really interested to see what happens in the debates.

Joe Biden was VP for 8 years. It's safe to say he's not the wild card of the two. 

The "unity" group released policy proposals, but they were not all added to Biden's platform. Are there specific things you object to that did make it to his platform? 

(09-13-2020, 11:55 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Definitely agree that is part of the appeal.

I mean, the GOP led Senate released a report confirming Russia's campaign to interfere in the election and multiple Senate Republicans acknowledged that Trump did attempt to solicit aid from the Ukraine in exchange for releasing aid. 

(09-14-2020, 12:10 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Joe Biden was VP for 8 years. It's safe to say he's not the wild card of the two. 

The "unity" group released policy proposals, but they were not all added to Biden's platform. Are there specific things you object to that did make it to his platform? 

Immigration, abortion and The Green New Deal are three big ones.  

I also don't view him as someone who will be tough on China based on what he has said so far.

I will push back a little on the wild card stance; at least from a health perspective.  I view this as it could be Biden or Harris as President within the first 4 years.

(09-14-2020, 12:13 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I mean, the GOP led Senate released a report confirming Russia's campaign to interfere in the election and multiple Senate Republicans acknowledged that Trump did attempt to solicit aid from the Ukraine in exchange for releasing aid. 

I am not arguing that multiple foreign powers try to undermine our elections.  

I watched everything on the Ukraine aid thing and imo, that was not so cut and dry.  Just my opinion though.

It's not even that I love Trump.  I am conservative and Trumps policies are more aligned with my views than Biden's.  If it was not Trump, I would be voting for whomever is the conservative choice.

(09-14-2020, 12:21 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Immigration, abortion and The Green New Deal are three big ones.  

I also don't view him as someone who will be tough on China based on what he has said so far.

I will push back a little on the wild card stance; at least from a health perspective.  I view this as it could be Biden or Harris as President within the first 4 years.

Of the things you listed, his environmental policy is the only thing influenced by that group. 

Trump has been notoriously weak on China, despite his claims. He folded on tariffs, a fight he wasn't winning, in exchange for China only meeting one of his demands, purchasing more farm goods. 

What's concerning about Biden's health? The unannounced hospital trip he made last year?

(09-14-2020, 12:28 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I am not arguing that multiple foreign powers try to undermine our elections.  

I watched everything on the Ukraine aid thing and imo, that was not so cut and dry.  Just my opinion though.

It's not even that I love Trump.  I am conservative and Trumps policies are more aligned with my views than Biden's.  If it was not Trump, I would be voting for whomever is the conservative choice.

I've never voted for the same political party twice in a presidential election. I vote base on the individual. I don't understand blind support even if the candidate lacks any discernible qualifications. 

RE: TV viewership down 13% NFL Debut - Benton - 09-14-2020

(09-14-2020, 12:21 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Immigration, abortion and The Green New Deal are three big ones.  

I'm not really keeping up, but are you faulting Biden or Trump for abortion? Or immigration?

Because only one of them had a window to pass whatever he wanted... and he passed tax breaks. Nothing on abortion. Just tax breaks for upper earners.

RE: TV viewership down 13% NFL Debut - Luvnit2 - 09-14-2020

(09-11-2020, 09:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The original post has multiple things that are not fact, but opinion such as:

- The NFL is losing viewers due to politicizing football
- The NFL won't allow God in the stadiums
- The NFL should include multiple issues the OP suggests or simply present no social messages
- The NFL is acting in a hypocritical manner

The only fact presented is that the number of viewers of the opening game of the season is down 13% from last year (or down 11% when factoring in online viewership, as the article states).

Also, the NFL did promote a pro-life agenda in 1992

And then there was this in 2010:

And former Patriots TE, Benjamin Watson, is a noted pro-life advocate and is working on a documentary regarding abortion.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/pro-life-new-england-patriots-player-benjamin-watson-to-release-abortion-documentary/

More NFL players promoting the pro-life message
https://studentsforlife.org/2017/09/07/its-a-pro-life-kickoff-weekend/?fbclid=IwAR1SdOULpByq4_cQQ-73dY-JuOWUZWnVT87Ok6lV89gjKaH9KlC9eWCFxwQ

https://bccatholic.ca/voices/pat-macken/pro-athletes-who-don-t-fear-pro-life-label

https://marchforlife.org/nfl-and-mfl/

Just google NFL and pro-life and more than zero things appear.

This is an opinion forum, so yes I stated my opinion of why it was a fact less fans watched the opener. Other fans gave their opinions contrary to mine. We call this is adult conversation. I don't agree with then but I agree they get to share their opinion.

My point was not there are NFL players who promote God and like me feel abortion is a sin called murder. My point is abortion is also a social issue, yet the NFL does not pursue an agenda to educate fans on this lewd act. They don't promote  worship either, but yes there are many players that prayer before, during and NFL games, you know when the cameras are turned off by the NFL leaving it in the shadows.

(09-14-2020, 12:34 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I've never voted for the same political party twice in a presidential election. I vote base on the individual. I don't understand blind support even if the candidate lacks any discernible qualifications. 

So do I, but with  caveat. I vote on policies. One time I went against this ad was fooled by a great speaker named Obama against an old crusty John M. I should have just stayed home, but McCain was a horrible choice by the GOP.

I voted for Strickland for Ohio governor, Bill Clinton once for President as well as Obama once.

The Democratic party decision to go all in against pro life and kick out good people from their own party will cause me to never consider a Democrat again unless they are open to a conversation about the future of abortion beibg restricted or ended for healthy mothers.

(09-14-2020, 12:13 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I mean, the GOP led Senate released a report confirming Russia's campaign to interfere in the election and multiple Senate Republicans acknowledged that Trump did attempt to solicit aid from the Ukraine in exchange for releasing aid. 

the DNC ans HRC hired Steele to work with the Russians to try and get dirt on him. They paid him to produce a fake dossier, later used to spy on the Trump campaign. So how did the DNC and HRC not use Russia to interfere in our election?

Obama and Biden were aware and let it happened.